Why men won't marry you

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I just needed to be sure. You are not known for your ability to stick to a point.

Okay, here is the scenario. A woman is married to a man who routinely abuses her and sexually assaults and beats their daughter. The mother finally shoots and kills her husband one night as he walks through the door of the house. Legally, that is defined as murder. Is a woman who shoots her abusive husband to stop the abuse of herself and a family acting because she has a hard heart towards her husband or a soft heart towards her children?

Both. Who wouldn't have a hard heart toward someone abusing them and their children?

1PeaceMaker

You have your answer if you know it's murder in God's eyes or not.

Since I'm not seeing a reply, I'll answer for you the question you have avoided, CM. If she sinned, you know it's hard hearted behavior. Murder is hard hearted.

Sinning against the father wouldn't help the daughter reconcile later or give her father another chance for salvation. It's hard hearted to everyone in the scenario, even to God who wants all to come to Him.

It would be acceptable (soft-hearted, too) to flee, or to report abuse, or both. It would be acceptable to defend the innocent. Anything in line with Matt. 7:12.

1PeaceMaker

There are times where divorce is the best decision to be made for both parties. Relationships can become so toxic that it leads to murder. Better to leave well before that happens. Divorce is allowed by God. .

Anyone who murders has a hard heart, no?

Do you see a difference between killing and murder?

I asked about murder, not killing. Stop squirming and answer.

I just needed to be sure. You are not known for your ability to stick to a point.

Okay, here is the scenario. A woman is married to a man who routinely abuses her and sexually assaults and beats their daughter. The mother finally shoots and kills her husband one night as he walks through the door of the house. Legally, that is defined as murder. Is a woman who shoots her abusive husband to stop the abuse of herself and a family acting because she has a hard heart towards her husband or a soft heart towards her children?

Is she committing murder in God's eyes? We only need discuss immoral actions.

Stop squirming and answer.

You have your answer if you know it's murder in God's eyes or not.

Since I'm not seeing a reply, I'll answer for you the question you have avoided, CM. If she sinned, you know it's hard hearted behavior. Murder is hard hearted.

Sinning against the father wouldn't help the daughter reconcile later or give her father another chance for salvation. It's hard hearted to everyone in the scenario, even to God who wants all to come to Him.

It would be acceptable (soft-hearted, too) to flee, or to report abuse, or both. It would be acceptable to defend the innocent. Anything in line with Matt. 7:12.

1PeaceMaker

I see his point but then I don't pretend to be a Christian. There is no such thing as evil.

Voltaire wouldn't agree with you at all. I'm sure of that. Nor would he ever say this, I'm pretty sure.

First of all, we all would have to say there is a way to handle an abuser that is respectable. To handle him hatefully is ignorant.

Even if stuck in a situation requiring lethal force, there is no need to be hateful.

Whatever he's made of himself, we are talking about a lost (possibly forever lost, very sad) child of God. Knowledge of this should give us at least one reason right off the bat to find something to love about the person.

elohiym

No, it really isn't. It seems that way to you because you stopped growing in that way before you could encompass it.

Where is the science to back up your idea that she could stop growing before she could encompass an idea? What you wrote did read cold, and I'm sure a majority of people polled on the street would agree it read cold.

So what I'd be likely to say is that she has made me happier. I wouldn't want to have my life without her. It would be lessened by her absence.

Then you need her. She completes you. Ask her if she agrees with me? Genesis 2:18-2:24 agrees with me.

Or Jack what?

You need Jack, and needed Jack before you had Jack. Without him you have no lineage, and a diminished impact on the future, if any.

Never marry a person from need.

You needed to be married and needed a wife because you needed to have children. Can you refute that claim?

That's something in you that you need to deal with.

She has a need to deal with her need to need and be needed? Interesting. How do you suggest she deal with her need for me?

Marry from love, which is a desire to give. It's an abundance, not a need.

If there is a giver, there is a receiver. You need to be needed, need to be loved. Why deny what is obvious?

...it wasn't my goal to spend my life alone. I knew life could be improved by sharing it and it was.

Hence you had a need.

You do sound young. It might be because you still are or because that's how you patterned when you truncated the learning curve.

I'm really interested in the seeing the science to support this idea you've brought up a couple of times now. How is she "patterned" and how is the learning curve "truncated" exactly? You see this patterning and truncating a symptom of having married me when she was eighteen? I'm skeptical.

My wife's mother married young like you and I notice that in some ways she seems much younger than her years.

Why not throw a jab in at the mother-in-law. :chuckle:

That's a read in. It suits your narrative. It isn't necessarily so.

It is necessarily so because God opens and closes the womb, according to scripture.

Maybe in your immaturity you asked for something you would have been better off without that early but it worked out anyway. Maybe God did what he could and you were fortunate beyond that. Maybe the thought was, well, better she do what she should wait for than burn.

God gave her seven children and a happy marriage. I think God knew what He was doing.

Emotional justifications and slight to sustain what reason won't isn't a sign of reason or maturity, young lady.

Listen, young man, she is a grown woman in her thirties raising seven children and doing an excellent job. People go out of their way to compliment her on her child-rearing because they can see the results. She far surpasses you in child-birthing and child-rearing experience and knowledge. You couldn't do her job ever, and you couldn't afford to pay someone to do her job.

1PeaceMaker

TH, let's see your responses to what's already been written before I respond further... I like how my husband replied and want to see what you say to him first.

Last edited:

BOLCATS

BANNED
Banned
Voltaire wouldn't agree with you at all. I'm sure of that. Nor would he ever say this, I'm pretty sure.

First of all, we all would have to say there is a way to handle an abuser that is respectable. To handle him hatefully is ignorant.

Even if stuck in a situation requiring lethal force, there is no need to be hateful.

Whatever he's made of himself, we are talking about a lost (possibly forever lost, very sad) child of God. Knowledge of this should give us at least one reason right off the bat to find something to love about the person.

Voltaire would never say that and yet that is supposed to be who I am? He must have really unnerved her and it must fill her stomach with gall to think there is someone else out there that brings up the same points that keep her awake at night?

1PeaceMaker

Voltaire would never say that and yet that is supposed to be who I am? He must have really unnerved her and it must fill her stomach with gall to think there is someone else out there that brings up the same points that keep her awake at night?

She's still looking for him under every post.

You are such a headache for her! She thought she got rid of the trouble he brought. Made him so miserable I had to beg him to leave, because it hurt him too much to be reminded that harpies could be so brutal.

And he didn't have a sweetheart in his life to keep him happy after a TOL hate-fest with him as center of their ugliness. Basically TOL was making a lonely man depressed and anxious, feeling more isolated, not less.

bybee

You are such a headache for her! She thought she got rid of the trouble he brought. Made him so miserable I had to beg him to leave, because it hurt him too much to be reminded that harpies could be so brutal.

And he didn't have a sweetheart in his life to keep him happy after a TOL hate-fest with him as center of their ugliness. Basically TOL was making a lonely man depressed and anxious, feeling more isolated, not less.

Of course, lucky for him, Saint 1 Peacemaker came along and kissed his ... "owies" and made everything better.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Does this strike anybody else as a very odd exchange?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Interestingly enough, this does not answer the question I actually asked.

This was the question I asked. I will highlight for you the part you ignored that needs an answer from you.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

:chuckle: Once again, your dishonesty rears it's ugly head. I wouldn't care if a permanently banned member came back as long as they left their old antics behind.

The response that was received in the Woodshed indicated that my *assumption* is reasonable given his current behavior.

1PeaceMaker

:chuckle: Once again, your dishonesty rears it's ugly head. I wouldn't care if a permanently banned member came back as long as they left their old antics behind.

The response that was received in the Woodshed indicated that my *assumption* is reasonable given his current behavior.

At most you could accuse me of hyperboly.

I'm not currently a paid-for member so am unaware of any woodshed posts.

Your assumption is reasonable? Why do you think it's reasonable to assume a non-Christian is a person who was a totally theologically different person?

I don't know a Christian who would openly deny Christ and the Bible just to get under the skin of a few unbelievers. It's such a crazy idea.

If it was Voltaire, I'd be really disappointed, to say the least. But it's not his style; he's come back in a number of forms, always with the same basic theology.