Why men won't marry you

1PeaceMaker

Uh huh. Nicole Brown Simpson. Divorced. Was her hard heart that cause her ex-husband to murder her?

No. Dumb question.

Nancy and seven year old son, Daniel, were murdered by their husband/father Chris Benoit. Was it her *soft heart* and the soft heart of her seven year old son who caused the murder?

You mean was she murdered by a hard-hearted person? Yes.

OR ... perhaps if she had been REALLY hard hearted and left the nut job, she and her son might still be alive.

What you mean is maybe because her husband had a hard heart she might have had to divorce for her safety. So what? Does that diminish my point?

The fact is, you are making faulty generalizations in regards to why couples divorce and dismissing the fact that there are good reasons to divorce which includes the fault of ONE person VS the safety and/or well being of the rest of the family.

You are in a huff over nothing. Your point just demonstrates further how some abused spouses have to divorce hard-hearted people. That's what divorce is for.

The realization is that these young teens who you support marrying , in most cases, are not mentally mature enough to understand that marriage is like going steady.

More ageism.

1PeaceMaker

Which again points to the fact that teens do not have the same experience and maturity as compared to adults in most cases ...

Teens don't have to be a murder risk anymore than they do a divorce risk. Nobody has to be a sinner at any age.

republicanchick

someone @ TOL criticized women for sleepng with one kind of man, while choosing a totally different kind of man (boring?) to marry

Well, what about men choosing women b/c they are good looking, compliant to their demands, accepting of their evil ways...

what about that?

maybe very few people have a good and valid reason for getting married

and of course the Bible says to stay single and serve God.. so we know that God .. probably thinks humans marry too much...

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I asked about murder, not killing. Stop squirming and answer.
I just needed to be sure. You are not known for your ability to stick to a point.

Okay, here is the scenario. A woman is married to a man who routinely abuses her and sexually assaults and beats their daughter. The mother finally shoots and kills her husband one night as he walks through the door of the house. Legally, that is defined as murder. Is a woman who shoots her abusive husband to stop the abuse of herself and a family acting because she has a hard heart towards her husband or a soft heart towards her children?

1PeaceMaker

I just needed to be sure. You are not known for your ability to stick to a point.

Okay, here is the scenario. A woman is married to a man who routinely abuses her and sexually assaults and beats their daughter. The mother finally shoots and kills her husband one night as he walks through the door of the house. Legally, that is defined as murder. Is a woman who shoots her abusive husband to stop the abuse of herself and a family acting because she has a hard heart towards her husband or a soft heart towards her children?

Is she committing murder in God's eyes? We only need discuss immoral actions.

republicanchick

men won't marry me b/c i won't put up with their unacceptable ways

it's as simple as that

not that i have even been in that market for a long time..

i hate to say it but most women feel incomplete without a man.. and maybe that is the way God made us.. I would like to have a man in my life.. but i just can't find one good enough.. meaning committed to Christ, etc..

+++​

BOLCATS

BANNED
Banned
No. Dumb question.

What you mean is maybe because her husband had a hard heart she might have had to divorce for her safety. So what? Does that diminish my point?

You are in a huff over nothing. Your point just demonstrates further how some abused spouses have to divorce hard-hearted people. That's what divorce is for.

More ageism.

She is doing everything she can to not understand you. She wants divorce to be a benign thing that is due to mitigating circumstances.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame

it's as simple as that

i hate to say it but most women feel incomplete without a man.. and maybe that is the way God made us.. I would like to have a man in my life.. but i just can't find one good enough.. meaning committed to Christ, etc..

+++​
According to 1PM's definitions, you have a very hard heart.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No. Dumb question.

In that case, you shouldn't have made your dumb comment.

No. I mean according to you, divorce is due to hard hearts. That is making a statement about BOTH spouses which includes anyone who has ever been divorced. I am clearly showing that you are intentionally using faulty generalizations because it suits your agenda.

Absolutely. It shows you clearly shouldn't speak and generalize about what goes on in the marriages of people you do not know.

Well, now you are changing your story. Stating it is for hard hearted people is all inclusive. Furthermore, it could be the fault of neither. Which is exactly why marriage is not for kids ...

More ageism.

Nope ... it's a matter of actually caring enough about teens to warn them about getting involved with something that is most likely over their heads.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

it's as simple as that

:thumb: People don't normally change. So to decide that you are unwilling to put up with a potential spouse PRIOR to actually committing is a wise decision.

I think if someone goes into a relationship because they believe someone else will complete them, they are doomed to failure. It shows neediness and a lack of self-confidence.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
don't know who 1 pm is

don't care what people think about me

(especially if what they claim to think [key term: claim2 think] is bovine eschatology)

++
1PM thinks that you have a hard heart meaning that God has not given you a new heart. Because of your hatred of marriage, 1PM must conclude that you are not saved because your heart has not been made soft.

I would disagree. I do not think that your heart is particularly hard. I think you know your heart and you know that marriage is not right for you. That is a very mature place to be.

republicanchick

:thumb: People don't normally change. So to decide that you are unwilling to put up with a potential spouse PRIOR to actually committing is a wise decision.
I think this is the first time you have agreed w/ me... but anyhow
I think if someone goes into a relationship because they believe someone else will complete them, they are doomed to failure. It shows neediness and a lack of self-confidence.

I totally agree... except that I do believe God made women to need men and vice versa... A woman should at least have a father or brother in her life..

I don't know whether men need women more than women need men... God knows... but..

Anyway, yeh, you should never marry someone to complete yourself. I say you should never marry someone period...

:D

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
don't know who 1 pm is

don't care what people think about me

(especially if what they claim to think [key term: claim2 think] is bovine eschatology)

I think you might be overly skeptical, however, that does not equate to having a "hard heart" and IMO, it is better to have some caution then to trust just anyone.

Trust is earned, not given. You relationship should be about you, not what other people want for you or believe is best for you.

republicanchick

I think you might be overly skeptical, however, that does not equate to having a "hard heart" and IMO, it is better to have some caution then to trust just anyone.

Trust is earned, not given. You relationship should be about you, not what other people want for you or believe is best for you.

yeh, you would think!

But some here insist that I am bad @ relationships (and am not with someone) b/c of MY wrong-doing..

I might be wiling to concede such...

if only those people who say this... uh... KNEW what the heck they were talking about... meaning if they knew the men i have been involved with and men so called..

I just hate presumption... the "Oh, we know you did something wrong, we didn't have to be there to know that" nonsense..

++

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
yeh, you would think!

But some here insist that I am bad @ relationships (and am not with someone) b/c of MY wrong-doing..

I might be wiling to concede such...

if only those people who say this... uh... KNEW what the heck they were talking about... meaning if they knew the men i have been involved with and men so called..

I just hate presumption... the "Oh, we know you did something wrong, we didn't have to be there to know that" nonsense..

Not putting up with another person's inconsideration could be conceived as bad behavior ...

I don't know why you are not in a relationship, however, it's none of my business. I seldom say anything about other people's relationships UNLESS there is some type of abuse (including cheating) in the relationship. In that case, my advice is normally to run as fast as your legs will carry ... and if there are children involved, move faster.