Why Jews Don't Accept Jesus?

chair

All major revelations of truth have been met with resistance by the adherents of the old ways of thinking. Religion is slow to change, reform must be forced upon it.

reform must be forced...sounds familiar somehow

Ben Masada

Why Jews don't Accept Jesus?

Often, Jews don't accept Jesus as Messiah out of the same ignorance that both various Messianic Jews as well as that various Reformed Protestants also rely on - each asserts those aspects of secular history they view as upholding the view they have been spoon fed by those who came before them (and in this very same practice).

In my case, nothing of what you say above is true because to me the Messiah is according to the collective concept of the Messiah as in the People of Israel. If you read Prophet Habakkuk 3:13, "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His anointed one." That's what the Messiah is, the anointed one of the Lord. The individual Messiah cannot exist. He is born, lives his span of life and dies. Are we supposed to expect a new Messiah in every generation? Obviously not! The Messiah is not supposed to die physically but to remain as a People before the Lord forever. (Jer. 31:35,37)

Ben Masada

1 - He said this to the Jews:
2 - For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me". (Jn.5:46).
3 - You do not believe what Moses wrote here about Abraham so that explains why you do not believe the Lord Jesus:
4 - "And he believed in the Lord; and he counted it to him for righteousness" (Gen.15:6). You have no place for Abraham receiving the imputed righteousness of God in your traditions.

1 - He who, Jesus! It is only obvious that the Hellenist who wrote the gospel attributed to John wrote this text. Jesus was a Jew. He would never speak this way about another Jew.
2 - Now, open the Tanach and show us where Moses spoke of Jesus.
3 - Moses spoke about Abraham but not about Jesus.
4 - Abraham believed in the Lord but he was justified by the works of the Law. (James 2:21,24,26) His faith alone would be compared to a body without the breath of life. Dead if you know what I mean.

Ben Masada

Jesus said the same Luke 17:20-21, Jacob didn't see God with his two eyes Genesis 32:30. Paul had it right concerning the location of the Christ spirit, the tampering with his epistles still doesn't hide the Gnostic theme he wrote about concerning the mystery of Christ within man, which is the Christ he met, not some idol/messiah of flesh and blood.

No, Jesus in that text of Luke was speaking about the Kingdom of God as a peaceful state of mind to be found within ourselves or among us an not a place to get into.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Put aside any Catholic NT corruptions of scriptures, and give me OT verses that show Yahshua is not the Christ. You talk and talk, but you present no scriptures. And don't run away like your other Jewish friend. Be a man and stand up!

It is my belief that:

* Jesus of Nazareth was none other than the Son of the Living God, a creator Son, indistinguishably unified in divinity with the Universal Father. He is the author and finisher of my faith.

* Judaism evolved as a religion out of the activities of the very real Abraham and his agreement with God by way of Melchizedek, the forerunner of the central monotheistic faith in Salem (Jeru-Salem). Melchizedek's ministry set the stage for the impending incarnation of the Son of God in what would be the crossroads of the world, the best foundation and place for the spread of the saving gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven; among the Jews, descendants of Abraham and staunch supports of a faith that they themselves didn't fully understand.

* Within the evolution of Judaism prophets and seers, often mistreated in their day, continued to keep hope alive in their prose which were open to wide interpretation.

* Various concepts of the coming Jewish Messiah evolved within different camps of Judaism. In retrospect Jesus fit some of the spiritual expectations but not others. Failing to meet the expectations of the Jewish Messiah, early apostles and followers presumed Jesus was "soon to return" to carry out the remainder of the erroneous expectations.

Some commonly held expectations of the Jewish Messiah:

* "And I will restore your judges as at first and your counsellors as in the beginning; afterwards you shall be called City of Righteousness, Faithful City." Some Jews interpret this to mean that the Sanhedrin will be re-established."(Isaiah 1:26)

* Once he is King, leaders of other nations will look to him for guidance. (Isaiah 2:4)

* The whole world will worship the One God of Israel (Isaiah 2:11-17)

* He will be descended from King David (Isaiah 11:1) via Solomon (1 Chronicles 22:8-10, 2 Chronicles 7:18)

* Evil and tyranny will not be able to stand before his leadership (Isaiah 11:4)

* Knowledge of God will fill the world (Isaiah 11:9)

* All Israelites will be returned to their homeland (Isaiah 11:12)

* Death will be swallowed up forever (Isaiah 25:8)

* There will be no more hunger or illness, and death will cease (Isaiah 25:8)

* All of the dead will rise again (Isaiah 26:19)

* The Jewish people will experience eternal joy and gladness (Isaiah 51:11)

* He will be a messenger of peace (Isaiah 52:7)

* Nations will recognize the wrongs they did to Israel (Isaiah 52:13-53:5)

* The peoples of the world will turn to the Jews for spiritual guidance (Zechariah 8:23)

* The ruined cities of Israel will be restored (Ezekiel 16:55)

* Weapons of war will be destroyed (Ezekiel 39:9)

* The people of Israel will have direct access to the Torah through their minds and Torah study will become the study of the wisdom of the heart (Jeremiah 31:33)

* He will give you all the worthy desires of your heart (Psalms 37:4)

* He will take the barren land and make it abundant and fruitful (Isaiah 51:3, Amos 9:13-15, Ezekiel 36:29-30, Isaiah 11:6-9)

Last edited:

achduke

In my case, nothing of what you say above is true because to me the Messiah is according to the collective concept of the Messiah as in the People of Israel. If you read Prophet Habakkuk 3:13, "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His anointed one." That's what the Messiah is, the anointed one of the Lord. The individual Messiah cannot exist. He is born, lives his span of life and dies. Are we supposed to expect a new Messiah in every generation? Obviously not! The Messiah is not supposed to die physically but to remain as a People before the Lord forever. (Jer. 31:35,37)

Hi Ben Masada,

What do you make of Psalms?

Psalm 16:10-11?
Psalm 2:7
Psalm 45:6-7
Psalm 40:7-8
Psalm 8:4
Psalm 110:1

Psalm 16:10 because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, nor will you let your faithful one see decay.
Psalms 16:11 You make known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

Psalm 2:7 I will proclaim the Lord’s decree:
He said to me, “You are my son;
today I have become your father.

Psalm 45:6 Your throne, O God,c will last for ever and ever;
a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.
Psalms 45:7 You love righteousness and hate wickedness;
therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions
by anointing you with the oil of joy.

Psalm 40:7 Then I said, “Here I am, I have come—
it is written about me in the scroll.
Psalm 40:8 I desire to do your will, my God;
your law is within my heart.”

Psalm 8:5 For you have made him a little lower than the angels, and have crowned him with glory and honor.

Psalm 110:1 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit at my right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool.

Ben Masada

What is your interpretation of the meaning of this verse?:

And he believed in the Lord; and he counted it to him for righteousness" (Gen.15:6).

First, Abraham believed in the Lord and the Lord counted it to him for righteousness because Abraham worked on his belief by obedience to the command of the Lord. Therefore, Abraham was justified because he acted upon his belief. (James 2:22) That's when and only then that the Scripture was fulfilled which says that Abraham believed in HaShem and it was imputed to him for righteousness and he was called the friend of HaShem. Not that Abraham believed only but because he carried out his belief through obedience to HaShem's command. To believe without obeying the Law is akin to a body without the breath of life. (James 2:17-26)

Ben Masada

Hi Ben Masada,

Hi Ben Masada, what do you make of Psalms?

Psalm 16:10-11?
Psalm 2:7
Psalm 45:6-7
Psalm 40:7-8
Psalm 8:4
Psalm 110:1

The same as I make with the rest of the Tanach.

Psalm 16:10 because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, nor will you let your faithful one see decay. Psalms 16:11 You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

That's a prayer of David so that the Lord protect him in battle and won't abandon him to the realm of the dead and to experience decay or corruption in the grave.

Psalm 2:7 I will proclaim the Lord’s decree: He said to me, You are my son; today I have become your father.

That's a reference to the day when HaShem referred to Israel as, "Israel is My son... let My son go that he may serve Me." (Exod. 4:22,23)

Psalm 45:6 Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom. Psalms 45You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.

Israel is the throne of HaShem. Hence Jeremiah said that Israel is to remain AS A PEOPLE before the Lord forever. (Jer. 31:36)

Psalm 40:7 Then I said, “Here I am, I have come - it is written about me in the scroll. Psalm 40:8 I desire to do your will, my God; your law is within my heart.”

Here, King David speaks as one of the People of Judah about whom it is spoken all over in the scroll. That's the theme of every Jew: "Thy Law is within my heart."

Psalm 8:5 For you have made him a little lower than the angels, and have crowned him with glory and honor.

This Psalm was selected to be chanted in the Temple and it would be awkward for the Levites to say "For you have made me..." Hence, they would sing, "For you have made him aka David..."

Psalm 110:1 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit at my right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool.

The same as above. This Psalm was composed originally thus: "The Lord said unto me aka David, sit at my right hand..." It would be awkward for the Levites to chant that Psalm that way; so, it was rearranged to be chanted thus: "The Lord (God) said unto my lord (David), sit at my right hand..." If you want to verify the way I am explaining, read the text from the JPS translation of the Bible. The Christian translations would not amend that text and lose such an evidence to enhance Jesus' credibility as a divine being. So, they chose to remain on the wrong aka Replacement Theology.

Ben Masada

Deuteronomy 18:15 The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him.

And that's exactly what HaShem did. He raised up Joshua, a prophet just like unto Moses who finished Moses' job to take the People into Canaan.

Deuteronomy 18:18 I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him.

As I said above, Joshua was the prophet like unto Moses HaShem raised from among the Israelites. (Deut. 34:9; Num. 27:18; Joshua 1:17)

Acts 3:22 For Moses said, ‘The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own people; you must listen to everything he tells you.

And that prophet was Joshua and not Yeshua. Read the quotes.

Acts 7:37 “This is the Moses who told the Israelites, ‘God will raise up for you a prophet like me from your own people.’

And HaShem did by raisin Joshua according to the quotes above.

Daniel 7:13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence.

"One like a son of man aka ben-adam aka a mortal man. That's the meaning of the statement in Hebrew.

Micah 5:2 “But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times.”

For several reasons in this text of Micah 5:2, Jesus cannot apply. First, Hundreds of Jews were from Bethlehem Ephrathah. Therefore, nothing special about Jesus. Second, Jesus never became a ruler over Israel. The reference therefore must be to David. "Origins from of old" or from ancient times is a reference to Judah, the Tribe of David; even from the time when HaShem said "let there be light and there was light." (Gen. 1:3) That's a prophecy for the origin of Judah as a lamp in Jerusalem forever in honor of David. (I Kings 11:36)

Ben Masada

Yahwah said Yahshua was the messiah. The prophets said who and when the messiah would come. Yahshua said he was the messiah. The disciples said he was the messiah. And he fulfilled all of the prophecies for his FIRST COMING. In his SECOND COMING he will fulfill the rest of the prophecies.

And you say that Jesus fulfilled ALL of the prophecies for his first coming. Except for Micah 5:2 that he was born in Bethlehem-Ephratah, would you be so kind as to mention to us any other prophecy as of having Jesus been the Messiah? What I have is that "Messiah" was a title fabricated by Paul and applied to Jesus. (II Tim. 2:8) and also as of he having been son of God, Paul also made that up in Acts 9:20.

Ben Masada

You should realize that any Christian who finds themselves backed into a corner is going to swear that Jesus is "the Holy One of Israel."

I am all ears and ready to sworn him or her that Jesus was the Holy One of Israel.

Ben Masada

All major revelations of truth have been met with resistance by the adherents of the old ways of thinking. Religion is slow to change, reform must be forced upon it.

Very good answer, but I am not forcing you into any thing at all. Take your time. We don't have heaven to offer you in the afterlife but we don't have a hell either. We have all the time in the world as long as we can breathe the breath of life.

Ben Masada

Then why not consider the original gospel of Jesus instead of Pauls remix?

That's when the fat lady sings her song. The original gospel of Jesus was the one he taught to the last: Judaism. The gospel according to the Law and the Prophets down to the letter. (Mat. 5:17-19)

CherubRam

Read Isaiah 11, and ask yourself whether Jesus fits the bill.

Isaiah 11 is about his SECOND COMING. As a suffering Messiah, that takes place first. As a conquering Messiah, that takes place last. I do not understand why the Jewish community can not see that. It is obvious to everyone else, so maybe the Jewish community is just being obstinate.

CherubRam

We can't believe in Jesus as our redeemer because, if you read Isa. 43:14, our Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel, blessed be He! We can't give our backs to our Prophets to go and embrace the idolatry of the gospel of Paul.

Isaiah 43:14 has to do with the second coming.

CherubRam

It means you don't know much about the Jews. Jews who accept Jesus as "Christ" they become Christians and cease being Jewish. There is more than one way for a Jew to lose his or her Jewish identity and, one of them is by becoming a Christian.
Being a Christian does not mean you have to accept the Catholic corruptions in the bible.

A Jew is a convert to Orthodox Judaism and the Hebrews are an ethnic group of people.

Contrary to popular belief, Jews are not a race, but an assembly of people. Hebrews are a race.

A Hebrew may or may not be a Jew.

chair

Isaiah 11 is about his SECOND COMING. As a suffering Messiah, that takes place first. As a conquering Messiah, that takes place last. I do not understand why the Jewish community can not see that. It is obvious to everyone else, so maybe the Jewish community is just being obstinate.

Second coming? Uh-huh. Want to buy a bridge? Slightly used. Brooklyn.

Ben Masada

It is my belief that:

Jesus of Nazareth was none other than the Son of the Living God, a creator Son, indistinguishably unified in divinity with the Universal Father. He is the author and finisher of my faith.

If his biological father was not Joseph, he was simply akin to the Greek myth of the demigod which is the son of a god with an earthly woman.

Judaism evolved as a religion out of the activities of the very real Abraham and his agreement with God by way of Melchizedek, the forerunner of the central monotheistic faith in Salem (Jeru-Salem). Melchizedek's ministry set the stage for the impending incarnation of the Son of God in what would be the crossroads of the world, the best foundation and place for the spread of the saving gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven; among the Jews, descendants of Abraham and staunch supports of a faith that they themselves didn't fully understand.

Melchizedek was a Canaanite pagan priest burning the firstborns of the Canaanites daily to Baal Molech.

Within the evolution of Judaism prophets and seers, often mistreated in their day, continued to keep hope alive in their prose which were open to wide interpretation.

Judaism evolved from Abraham and through Isaac and Jacob and the Tribe of Judah. Never had any thing to do with Melchizedek.

Various concepts of the coming Jewish Messiah evolved within different camps of Judaism. In retrospect Jesus fit some of the spiritual expectations but not others. Failing to meet the expectations of the Jewish Messiah, early apostles and followers presumed Jesus was "soon to return" to carry out the remainder of the erroneous expectations.

How soon is "soon to return?"

"And I will restore your judges as at first and your counsellors as in the beginning; afterwards you shall be called City of Righteousness, Faithful City." Some Jews interpret this to mean that the Sanhedrin will be re-established."(Isaiah 1:26)

* Once he is King, leaders of other nations will look to him for guidance. (Isaiah 2:4)

Can't be verified. According to the gospel of Jesus, once dead no one is supposed to ever return.

The whole world will worship the One God of Israel (Isaiah 2:11-17)

As what, Jews or Christians? Likely neither.

He will be descended from King David (Isaiah 11:1) via Solomon (1 Chronicles 22:8-10, 2 Chronicles 7:18)

If you are thinking about Jesus, he had to be biologically a son of Joseph. According to Mat. 1:18 he was not. So, no likelihood.

All Israelites will be returned to their homeland (Isaiah 11:12)

Not according to Isa. 10:20-22. Only a small remnant will return and, this small remnant has returned already and Jesus is still away.

Death will be swallowed up forever (Isaiah 25:8)

As long as there is a living person in this planet, death will be there.

There will be no more hunger or illness, and death will cease (Isaiah 25:8)

That's metaphorical; it couldn't be literal. The end of death is the end of birth.

All of the dead will rise again (Isaiah 26:19)

What for, to prove that the prophets were wrong all along? (Isa. 26:14; II Sam. 12:23; Job 10:21)

The Jewish people will experience eternal joy and gladness (Isaiah 51:11)

There is nothing eternal about man. (Gen. 3:22)

Nations will recognize the wrongs they did to Israel (Isaiah 52:13-53:5)

Starting with the Christian nations that owe us millions of Jews.

The peoples of the world will turn to the Jews for spiritual guidance (Zechariah 8:23)

Read also Isa. 2:3. Also because the Word of God was given to the Jews only and to no other people on earth. (Psa. 147:19,20)

The people of Israel will have direct access to the Torah through their minds and Torah study will become the study of the wisdom of the heart (Jeremiah 31:33)

We have it already.

CherubRam

1 - Christ or Jesus? Christ was not Jesus' second name but a title attributed to him by Paul. (Acts 11:26)
2 - Nevertheless Abraham was justified by the works of the Law. (James 2:21)
3 - Would you please mention a quote in the Tanach where HaShem made of Jesus a propitiatory sacrifice for our sins? What I have is that "no one can die for the sins of another."(Jer.31:30; Ezek.18:20)
4 - The best way to understand the gospels is to be aware that they were all written by Hellenists and all former disciples of Paul. No Jew wrote even a page of the NT. And Jesus never even dreamed the NT would ever rise.
Although the Messiahs name was not Jesus, you still know who is being talked about.

The sacrificial laws were parabolic for the suffering of the Messiah as a sacrificial lamb.

Zechariah 12:10
“And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son.

John 19:37
and, as another scripture says, “They will look on the one they have pierced.”

Isaiah 53:8
By oppression and judgment he was taken away. Yet who of his generation protested? For he was cut off from the land of the living; for the transgression of my people he was punished.

Daniel 9
26 After the sixty-two ‘sevens,’ the Anointed One will be put to death, but not for himself