Why Jews Don't Accept Jesus?

iamaberean

The problem wasn't Jesus, the Son of God incarnate on the earth, the problem was the concept of the Messiah in the minds of the Jews in the days of Jesus. The Jews had predicted or envisioned a material kingdom with a type of priest, prophet King taking up David's seat to rule a nation when the reality was the spiritual "kingdom of heaven" established by Jesus, the King being God the Father in the heart of man. It was to be a spiritual brotherhood wherein all mankind would eventually come to the realization that we are ALL brothers and sisters of the Living, Loving God.

That is the gospel Jesus sent out to be preached to the 4 corners of the earth, but sadly it was contaminated by atonement teaching and the older expectations of Judaism.

You are right. It is the same old story of the wolf in sheep clothing. There are many more wolves today in the church than there are sheep. That is because the shepard is passing on what he was taught instead of what the word of God says. It is called the blind leading the blind, all of them will fall into the ditch.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
No, the atonement teaching did not contaminate anything. It became the basis of justification from sins for all. anyone familiar with the apostle's letters can see that it is not creation which is the basis for the unity of believers (it is not unified for unbelievers). If it had been, God would only have had to send a prophet who taught a deep reverence for having been created and the image of God.

Instead, the apostles taught what had been commissioned by Jesus; that his work, death and resurrection was the basis for justification from sins (because in the Christian system of thought there is real sin), and that no matter your background in education, race, class, gender, ethnos, you could enjoy the promises made to Israel's fathers, which were of course a repeat of Gen 3's first redemptive promise.

There are several correct things above on the difference between Judaism's expectations and the Gospel. But you got nowhere dismissing the atonement and justification through Christ. That is, not closer to the NT. It is not "all mankind" in the mid 20th century brotherhood sense. It is all mankind who believes on the work of Christ.

Jesus labored for 3+ years to impart his gospel of salvation by the faith realization of the Fatherhood of God (of each individual as contrasted with a national deity) and the responsibility that goes with this familial relationship; the joys of service within the brotherhood of man.

If Judaism could have received his original gospel, that would be taught today from Jerusalem.

The concept of the human sacrifice (theoretical salvation via historical belief) of a divine figure, was already a part of Pagan belief systems outside of Judaism. As the Jewish soil rejected the original gospel and the Pagan world was found to be more thirsty for the new compromised teaching of Paul & company, Christ-Ianity was born and evolved into what we have today.

The original gospel of faith based personal transformation of the individual, culminating in a spiritual brotherhood, the Kingdom of Heaven, has yet to be preached to the world. The re-Sanhedrin, socialized church, became a retarding substitute.

* Central to Jesus' gospel was faith in the forgiving Father.

* Central to Paul's remixed gospel was belief on the human sacrifice of the Son of God.​

While the sins of important celestial administrators such as Lucifer or Adam and Eve can have enormous consequences for subsequent generations on an evolutionary world, sin is not inherited. Children aren't responsible for the sins of their parents or anyone else. Sin is a choice not an inevitability.

Last edited:

CherubRam

How about Psalms 22?
Psalms 22:1 My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me? Why are You so far from helping Me, And from the words of My groaning?

Psalms 22:8 "He trusted in the LORD, let Him rescue Him; Let Him deliver Him, since He delights in Him!"

Psalms 22:16 For dogs have surrounded Me; The assembly of the wicked has enclosed Me. They pierced My hands and My feet;

Psalms 22:18 They divide My garments among them, And for My clothing they cast lots.

Psalms 22:22 I will declare Your name to My brethren; In the midst of the congregation I will praise You.

There are many fulfilled prophecies. In regards to Psalms 22:22, the original New Testament writings had the name of God in them, but they were destroyed by the Hellenistic Jews and the Catholics. What we have today is copies of the copies, that are modified from the originals. You can thank the Catholics and Secret Societies for that.

Here is an example:
Yahwah's name was in the original New Testament scriptures

After killing Hebrew Christians, the Jews would take the New testament scripture written in Hebrew, and carefully cut the name of God out. Then they would place the divine name in a safe place to keep. Following that, they then would burn the remainder of the scrolls in a fire. Rabbi Yose who lived during the second century AD states that, "One cuts out the reference to the Divine Name which are in them [the New Testament writings] and stores them away, and the rest burns." One of his characteristic sayings is, "He who proclaimed the coming of the Messiah,[John] and he who hated scholars [Yahshua] and his disciples; and that false prophet and those slanderers, will have no part in the future world."

According to Wilhelm Bacher this was directed against the Hebrew Christians. And so it is an established fact then, that the disciples of Christ did in fact write the Holy Name of God into the original New Testament.

John 17:11
I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name—the name you gave me—so that they may be one as we are one.

Hebrews 2:12
He says, “I will declare your name to my brothers; in the presence of the congregation I will sing your praises.”

Where do you see the name Yahwah in the New Testament?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
There was no problem with the concept of a Messiah. It was a traditional hope of the Jews to look forward to a Messiah.

The only problem was that Jesus was supposed to be the Messiah figure many had looked forward to but he was killed by the Romans as a common criminal--something that was unthinkable for any Messiah figure.

That's why the early followers soon began to preach the message of a resurrected Messiah.

Jesus knew that he wasn't the Jewish Messiah and never could be. He decided to let the Father work out the tangled mess in navigating Jesus through the events that would become a bridge from the rejection of the light in Judaism to the reception of the light by the Western world.

CherubRam

Jesus knew that he wasn't the Jewish Messiah and never could be. He decided to let the Father work out the tangled mess in navigating Jesus through the events that would become a bridge from the rejection of the light in Judaism to the reception of the light by the Western world.

I think your brain went on vacation. You need to re-evaluate.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I think your brain went on vacation. You need to re-evaluate.

Why? Are you projecting the perpetual denial onto me of "soon to return" to do what he was supposed to do the first time but didn't that has now gone into 2,000+ years? That was never a part of Isiah's' vision of a Jewish Messiah.

In Judaism the various concepts of a Messiah NEVER had a Son of God in heaven coming down incarnate as a carpenter who would be divine and sacrificed for sins only to return as God to heaven.

Jesus has been forced into many OT writings in an attempt by his Jewish followers to justify their faith in him.

For me I see Jesus as the Son of God, creator of this earth along with the Father. The problem that Jesus was confronted with is how the concept of a Jewish Messiah evolved in Judaism. Jesus simply was not going to be able to get that Idea out of their heads.

Danoh

Why? Are you projecting the perpetual denial onto me of "soon to return" to do what he was supposed to do the first time but didn't that has now gone into 2,000+ years? That was never a part of Isiah's' vision of a Jewish Messiah.

In Judaism the various concepts of a Messiah NEVER had a Son of God in heaven coming down incarnate as a carpenter who would be divine and sacrificed for sins only to return as God to heaven.

Jesus has been forced into many OT writings in an attempt by his Jewish followers to justify their faith in him.

For me I see Jesus as the Son of God, creator of this earth along with the Father. The problem that Jesus was confronted with is how the concept of a Jewish Messiah evolved in Judaism. Jesus simply was not going to be able to get that Idea out of their heads.

Its ironic how; no matter what side of the fence its practitioner; books based reasoning ever comes across as the same type of reasoning - as the reasoning of some fool who learned from books supposedly about a thing, to reason about a thing, in the exact fool way that writers of books supposedly about a thing, reason about it.

Centuries ago, the Apostle Paul looked down upon such reasoning about a thing - "the Greeks seek after wisdom" by this "foolish...wisdom of men... in their foolishness" he reminded their heirs; the Corinthians, 1 Cor. 1-3.

Was that heeded?

Nope.

Here it's been, all these centuries - the Scholastic Mysticism that is parrots parroting their endless parrot book writer's exact reasoning about a thing.

In contrast to reasoning a thing through its' own reason - "the things of God" reasoned through "the things of God."

"For they are spiritually discerned" - via "comparing" or fitting together "spiritual things, with spiritual," 1 Cor. 2:11-13.

Expectedly, these words can "not speak unto you as unto spiritual... for ye are yet carnal" due to, and in, where you approach looking at these things from - from "the things of a man" from "the spirit of a man that is in him," 1 Cor. 2:11.

CherubRam

Put aside any Catholic NT corruptions of scriptures, and give me OT verses that show Yahshua is not the Christ. You talk and talk, but you present no scriptures. And don't run away like your other Jewish friend. Be a man and stand up!

Ben Masada

Jesus's virulent Antisemitism in the Gospel of John might have something to do with it. John's community of believers were probably getting kicked out of the synagogues and so they believed in a Jesus that criticized those Jews and called them "children of the devil." And, of course, there's the "Let his blood be on us and our children" said by "the Jews" at the crucifixion.

With a messiah like that Jesus, I can't blame the Jews for not believing in him as their redeemer.

We can't believe in Jesus as our redeemer because, if you read Isa. 43:14, our Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel, blessed be He! We can't give our backs to our Prophets to go and embrace the idolatry of the gospel of Paul.

Last edited:

chair

Put aside any Catholic NT corruptions of scriptures, and give me OT verses that show Yahshua is not the Christ. You talk and talk, but you present no scriptures. And don't run away like your other Jewish friend. Be a man and stand up!

Read Isaiah 11, and ask yourself whether Jesus fits the bill.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
We can't believe in Jesus as our redeemer because, if you read Isa. 43:14, our Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel. We can't give our backs to our Prophets to go and embrace the gospel of Paul.
You should realize that any Christian who finds themselves backed into a corner is going to swear that Jesus is "the Holy One of Israel."

Ben Masada

Why Jews don't Accept Jesus?

what does Masada mean ?

Tostada

No, not tostada. Masada is the epic mount in the Negeve desert where our soldiers used to go to swear allegiance to Israel after their basic training as recruits in the Army.

Ben Masada

most Jews i know accept Jesus as Christ - Our Lord and Saviour -

It means you don't know much about the Jews. Jews who accept Jesus as "Christ" they become Christians and cease being Jewish. There is more than one way for a Jew to lose his or her Jewish identity and, one of them is by becoming a Christian.

Ben Masada

1 - He was shown through the Prophets and direct revelation that something else had taken place in Christ.

2 - It requires the realization that Abraham was shown: that men need to have righteousness imputed to them for their debt of sin. that was the Gospel announced in advance to Abraham, and it was how he realized his "seed" would be as numerous as the sand on the shore. It was not to be about descendancy; it was about all men who had faith in God's imputed righteousness for their sins.

3 - He made Christ to be a propitiatory sacrifice for sin, so that we could have the righteousness of God in Him.

4 - This is why the Gospel event was both highly visible in space and time, as much history as the burning of Rome, yet not entirely comprehensible without the Spirit of God at work. That's not the Spirit of God in some offbeat, whacko sense, but in combining all the details and background, of both this world and the divine realm which contains it, in a forceful, integrated way.

1 - Christ or Jesus? Christ was not Jesus' second name but a title attributed to him by Paul. (Acts 11:26)
2 - Nevertheless Abraham was justified by the works of the Law. (James 2:21)
3 - Would you please mention a quote in the Tanach where HaShem made of Jesus a propitiatory sacrifice for our sins? What I have is that "no one can die for the sins of another."(Jer.31:30; Ezek.18:20)
4 - The best way to understand the gospels is to be aware that they were all written by Hellenists and all former disciples of Paul. No Jew wrote even a page of the NT. And Jesus never even dreamed the NT would ever rise.

Ben Masada

Hey there.
1 - I was wondering if the Idea that a MAN is prophesied to be coming to Save the Hebrew/jEWISH is really an Old Testament Prophecy or Idea.
2 - And is there any Scriptures that suggest that God Himself will come and Save them someday.
3 - Like in Zec 14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
4 - Zec 14:3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. Zec 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of olives.
5 - I support Israel and will always. I love Israel.

1 - Jesus said that salvation is not "for" the Jews but "from" the Jews. (John 4:22) From the Jews he said and not from one among the Jews.
2 - Yes, by Prophet Habakkuk in 3:13. "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His anointed one." That's what the Messiah is, the anointed one of the Lord.
3 - This is a description of invasions by foreign troops to force the Jews into exile.
4 - Habakkuk 3:13. "The Lord goes forth to Save His People; to save His anointed one."
5 - Good for you! because, The Lord blesses those who bless Israel although He curses those who curse Israel.

Ben Masada

More to the point why did the Jews reject all the prophets who came before the Christ? could be they are just stiffnecked and rebellious.
....nevertheless they are beloved for the father's sake.

Okay Linnet, can you quote where in the Tanach all the Jews have rejected all the prophets who came before Jesus who btw, was not a prophet if I have to remind you of that. And if you need a Biblical quote, you can read Dan. 9:24; and Deut. 30:11-14. Now, about being stiffnecked and rebellious, every one is. We as the gospel of Paul is concerned, and you as the gospel of Jesus is concerned.

Ben Masada

BEN MASADA WILL SOON SEE JESUS AND WORSHIP JESUS .

And BEN MASADA will be very Humble and apologetic.

That will never happen and not because Ben Masada is not an idolater but because, according to the gospel of Jesus which was Judaism, once dead no one will ever return. (Isa. 26:14; II Sam. 12:23; Job 10:21)

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Okay Linnet, can you quote where in the Tanach all the Jews have rejected all the prophets who came before Jesus who btw, was not a prophet if I have to remind you of that. And if you need a Biblical quote, you can read Dan. 9:24; and Deut. 30:11-14. Now, about being stiffnecked and rebellious, every one is. We as the gospel of Paul is concerned, and you as the gospel of Jesus is concerned.

All major revelations of truth have been met with resistance by the adherents of the old ways of thinking. Religion is slow to change, reform must be forced upon it.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
We can't believe in Jesus as our redeemer because, if you read Isa. 43:14, our Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel, blessed be He! We can't give our backs to our Prophets to go and embrace the idolatry of the gospel of Paul.

Then why not consider the original gospel of Jesus instead of Pauls remix?