Why I Don't Believe in Calvinism or Predestination

j4jesus09

Do you think that its fair for God to send people to hell for no reason other than they were born after Adam?

Saving faith is a faith that believes that Jesus has atoned for your sins and is your savior.

First, I agree with the last statement saving faith is that! Okay I see how to answer your other statement. But I must humbly ask what do you call fair, and what criteria do you use to measure fairness. I am just reasoning with you not stating a fact or what, but using your method, is it fair for God to create people, allow them to be born for 70 or such years, and have them spend ETERNITY in hell, for 70 years of life? Is that fair? Want to hear your thoughts before we continue. :)

Robert Pate

Banned
First, I agree with the last statement saving faith is that! Okay I see how to answer your other statement. But I must humbly ask what do you call fair, and what criteria do you use to measure fairness. I am just reasoning with you not stating a fact or what, but using your method, is it fair for God to create people, allow them to be born for 70 or such years, and have them spend ETERNITY in hell, for 70 years of life? Is that fair? Want to hear your thoughts before we continue. :)

God gives life. What a person does with his life is his responsibility, not God's. If anyone goes to hell it is because they have refused to accept God's great free gift of salvation that has been provided by Jesus Christ, Ephesians 2:8.

Did God tell us to drink alcohol and become an alcoholic?

Did God tells to smoke cigarettes and get lung cancer?

Man is his own worst enemy, not God.

The Bible tells us what is fair and what is not fair, but you will never know if you don't read it.

God has done all that he can do for the salvation of fallen man, but he won't impose it upon you. If you want to be saved you will have to call on Christ to save you, Romans 10:13.

beloved57

God gives life. What a person does with his life is his responsibility, not God's. If anyone goes to hell it is because they have refused to accept God's great free gift of salvation that has been provided by Jesus Christ, Ephesians 2:8.

The Bible tells us what is fair and what is not fair, but you will never know if you don't read it.

God has done all that he can do for the salvation of fallen man, but he won't impose it upon you. If you want to be saved you will have to call on Christ to save you, Romans 10:13.

Invalid comments not supported by one scripture!

j4jesus09

Right, but I asked you this. IF GOD who knows already ahead of time knows your decision why would HE give LIFE knowing that. He didn't have to give life. Is that fair? Simple question. Man to man. Would you give someone life knowing they would spend eternity in torment would you give life or never give it?

Robert Pate

Banned
Right, but I asked you this. IF GOD who knows already ahead of time knows your decision why would HE give LIFE knowing that. He didn't have to give life. Is that fair? Simple question. Man to man. Would you give someone life knowing they would spend eternity in torment would you give life or never give it?

Maybe God doesn't know. Maybe he limits himself.

The scripture says that the angels in heaven rejoice over one sinner that repents, Luke 15:7, 10.

j4jesus09

Maybe God doesn't know. Maybe he limits himself.

The scripture says that the angels in heaven rejoice over one sinner that repents, Luke 15:7, 10.

Maybe he doesnt? Hmm. Where does it say in the bible God doesn't know all things including the future? Are there any scriptures that do show God knows everything including the future?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why do you not believe in predestination? It is in scripture.

Romans 8:29 For those whom He foreknew, He predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, so that He might be the firstborn among many brothers.

Romans 8:30 And those whom He predestined, He also called; and those whom He called, He also justified; and those whom He justified, He also glorified.

Ephesians 1:5 He predestined us to adoption as sons to Himself through Jesus Christ according to the good pleasure of His will,

Ephesians 1:11 In Him also we have received an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His own will,

Robert Pate

Banned
Why do you not believe in predestination? It is in scripture.

Romans 8:29 For those whom He foreknew, He predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, so that He might be the firstborn among many brothers.

Romans 8:30 And those whom He predestined, He also called; and those whom He called, He also justified; and those whom He justified, He also glorified.

Ephesians 1:5 He predestined us to adoption as sons to Himself through Jesus Christ according to the good pleasure of His will,

Ephesians 1:11 In Him also we have received an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His own will,

Where does it say that someone has been predestinated to heaven or to hell?

Robert Pate

Banned
Maybe he doesnt? Hmm. Where does it say in the bible God doesn't know all things including the future? Are there any scriptures that do show God knows everything including the future?

God can and does blot things out of his mind.

"For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness and their sins and iniquities I will remember no more" Hebrews 8:12.