Why I Don't Believe in Calvinism or Predestination

beloved57

Wht should I read your threads?

The Bible says that God has reconciled the world unto himself by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

All that your threads are going to say is that the word "World" means the world of the elect. Which is a lie.

I have explained my points on 2Cor:18-19 in my threads! Those scriptures only apply to Gods Elect World!

beloved57

I really do enjoy these discussions. In a dark world discussing scripture can be the most enjoyable activity. It seems everyone believes they are right. :) My thought is if God has reconciled something to himself wouldn't that something be reconciled period. Woudn't the statement be invalid, if God reconciled the world as claimed then the world wouldn't be totally reconciled? It appears that the world literally will not be totally reconciled according to believing everyone will not be saved. When two people seperate and divorce it is considered reconciliation if the two join together. Doesn't it take two? So if God reconciled the world then one, it either will be totally reconciled as he said he did, or two it can't be referring to everyone. If we examine the scriptures what do we find it to say?
Those Christ reconciled to God by His Death shall be saved by His life Rom 5:10 !

So no one who is lost in their sins in unbelief and hellbound were reconciled to God!

j4jesus09

Those Christ reconciled to God by His Death shall be saved by His life Rom 5:10 !

So no one who is lost in their sins in unbelief and hellbound were reconciled to God!

I would agree with that statement. However, I do I know it is extermely controversial but because of the love, mercy, justice, grace and mercy I believe He will save the whole world in the age to come. Judgement will be on everyone some now and some later but I believe God is able to save all. If I'm wrong about that then God is still saving who he chooses. I'm glad to be apart of his family.

1st
17 For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?

beloved57

I would agree with that statement. However, I do I know it is extermely controversial but because of the love, mercy, justice, grace and mercy I believe He will save the whole world in the age to come. Judgement will be on everyone some now and some later but I believe God is able to save all. If I'm wrong about that then God is still saving who he chooses. I'm glad to be apart of his family.

1st
17 For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?
Yes you are wrong, Jesus said that those who are under Gods Wrath shall not see life! John 3:36 !That's a Promise!

j4jesus09

Yes you are wrong, Jesus said that those who are under Gods Wrath shall not see life! John 3:36 !That's a Promise!

They won't until the believe on the Son. That is true. That's why I said I believe God will save everyone in the age to come to believe in the Son.

Romans 14:10-12
10You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat. 11 It is written:

“ ‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord,

‘every knee will bow before me;

every tongue will acknowledge God.’ ”b

12So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God

beloved57

They won't until the believe on the Son. That is true. That's why I said I believe God will save everyone in the age to come to believe in the Son.

Romans 14:10-12
10You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat. 11 It is written:

“ ‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord,

‘every knee will bow before me;

every tongue will acknowledge God.’ ”b

12So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God
They shall not see life is in the future tense! That means they shall not in the future see life, that is a promise!

j4jesus09

They shall not see life is in the future tense! That means they shall not in the future see life, that is a promise!

Surely, that is the case. Before God revealed the gospel to you and I we didn't have life. Life starts when we are born again! I couldn't imagine a life where He didn't exist as once I lived totally unto myself. Let's not detour from the topic though. :)

beloved57

Surely, that is the case. Before God revealed the gospel to you and we didn't have life. Life starts when we are born again! I couldn't imagine a life where He didn't exist as once I live totally unto myself.

They shall not see life! I am finished discussing it!

Robert Pate

Banned
I really do enjoy these discussions. In a dark world discussing scripture can be the most enjoyable activity. It seems everyone believes they are right. :) My thought is if God has reconciled something to himself wouldn't that something be reconciled period. Woudn't the statement be invalid, if God reconciled the world as claimed then the world wouldn't be totally reconciled? It appears that the world literally will not be totally reconciled according to believing everyone will not be saved. When two people seperate and divorce it is considered reconciliation if the two join together. Doesn't it take two? So if God reconciled the world then one, it either will be totally reconciled as he said he did, or two it can't be referring to everyone. If we examine the scriptures what do we find it to say?

God sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:20.

Jesus Christ is God's new Adam and our new humanity, 2 Corinthians 5:17.

We become reconciled unto God and a part of God's new humanity by faith in Christ and his Gospel.

Paul said, "Be ye reconciled unto God" 2 Corinthians 5:20.

God is extending his hand of reconciliation to all of humanity.

beloved57

We become reconciled unto God and a part of God's new humanity by faith in Christ and his Gospel.

Invalid comments !

Those Christ died for are reconciled to God by His Death while they are enemies and unbelievers, faithless Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

beloved57

Invali comment !

j4jesus09

Okay, what about mentally or challenged people? How do they receive salvation? Or the people that are deaf and blind? Have you considered how this applies to the less fortunate? Since we have the ability to read and comprehend I get your point. What about areas that have not heard about Christ? And once hearing the gospel what causes them to believe in Jesus Christ?

Robert Pate

Banned
Okay, what about mentally or challenged people? How do they receive salvation? Or the people that are deaf and blind? Have you considered how this applies to the less fortunate? Since we have the ability to read and comprehend I get your point. What about areas that have not heard about Christ? And once hearing the gospel what causes them to believe in Jesus Christ?

God is the just judge.

Everyone will be judged according to what has been revealed to them.

Those that teach will be judged more critically.

j4jesus09

God is the just judge.

Agreed, James 3:1 states this. 1Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.

But that's where the rubber meets the road. The clear message is Jesus Christ! If a person can't comprehend and believe that how do you reconcile they can be saved? Because now you are saying it must be revealed? That's what predestination is about. Revelation! It must be revealed to you in order to believe.

beloved57

God is the just judge.

And guess what ? The Gospel which you belittle and call Calvinism has been revealed to you, and you shall be judged accordingly in that Great Day !:eek:

Robert Pate

Banned
Agreed, James 3:1 states this. 1Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.

But that's where the rubber meets the road. The clear message is Jesus Christ! If a person can't comprehend and believe that how do you reconcile they can be saved? Because now you are saying it must be revealed? That's what predestination is about. Revelation! It must be revealed to you in order to believe.

The Holy Spirit is in the world calling all to come to Christ and be saved.

On the day of Pentecost they heard the Gospel, they believed the Gospel and they were saved, Acts 2:41.

I have found that those who have a repentant heart are the ones that come to Christ.