Who will answer my questions?

popsthebuilder

I don't have to show them to be true as you have done that on many occasions. You will continue to do so without a repentant thought.
If your words were true and you actually cared to substantiate your claims to others then you would be able to, and want to, at least reference a specific post.

glorydaz

Yes I do know that there are people that profess to know God, say that they are saved, and live contrary to his will, I've seen people like this in my own life, in my own family, who attended church, looked all holy had plenty, yet wouldn't help even their own when they were in need, plowing their money into the church. I pray that God has forgiven them and I hope that they were ignorant and that they didn't realise what they were doing.

And also because Jesus says that there are.

Matthew 7

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.*Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?*And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

They are those who talk the talk and don't walk the walk. They do works that glorify themselves and not God, loving themselves first and love the world, and they are those living by the works of the flesh, who carry on wilfully sinning knowing the truth. There are many like this, God knows who they are, and only God can judge them.

Ah yes, and you, on the other hand, are wonderful, godly, and never do a single thing wrong. And before you tell me you try, and they don't....or you aren't as bad as they are, you need to take the beam out your own eye before you worry about the splinter in the eye of others.

Ya gotta love these cleaner rats. :chuckle:

Luke 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.​

marhig

Ah yes, and you, on the other hand, are wonderful, godly, and never do a single thing wrong. And before you tell me you try, and they don't....or you aren't as bad as they are, you need to take the beam out your own eye before you worry about the splinter in the eye of others.

Ya gotta love these cleaner rats. :chuckle:

Luke 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.​
No I'm not, and I'd probably be worse only God is working on my heart daily and showing me when I'm wrong. And I know that I have to listen to my conscience and turn from what I'm doing and obey God. Only God is saving me, I'd be self centered and I'd love the world without him.

glorydaz

No I'm not, and I'd probably be worse only God is working on my heart daily and showing me when I'm wrong. And I know that I have to listen to my conscience and turn from what I'm doing and obey God. Only God is saving me, I'd be self centered and I'd love the world without him.

If you aren't perfect, you have no business judging anyone else. If they are saved, the Lord will be working on them just like he is on you (if you are saved). So stop lecturing people about what they are doing and grow up.

popsthebuilder

If you aren't perfect, you have no business judging anyone else. If they are saved, the Lord will be working on them just like he is on you (if you are saved). So stop lecturing people about what they are doing and grow up.
She didn't say that she was better than anyone.

We are all sinners; that isn't an excuse to knowingly sin without abandon; but to turn towards the mercy of GOD in utter humility and desire for submission to that Holy will. That is to say; that will that isn't our own/ centered on us, our wants, our desires, our goals, our achievements. Such things are of no regard to the dead.

glorydaz

She didn't say that she was better than anyone.

We are all sinners; that isn't an excuse to knowingly sin without abandon; but to turn towards the mercy of GOD in utter humility and desire for submission to that Holy will. That is to say; that will that isn't our own/ centered on us, our wants, our desires, our goals, our achievements. Such things are of no regard to the dead.

She implies as much every time she posts...just as you do. It's boasting and it's wrong to continue to judge others as sinners simply because you don't understand what it means to rest in the Lord.

marhig

I was talking about people in my own life, and you don't know the situation before you judge me. And listen to you, have you heard yourself!

You who calls people childish names, and calls them heretics and of the devil etc. Just because they don't believe as you do. What I say, I say in general, because there are people like it have said. I would never speak to anyone like you do. Looking down on some, saying dreadful things to them, and even saying that you don't know why you bother speaking to some, like you know it all!

If you want to look at who's being judgemental, then go and take a long hard look in the mirror!

marhig

Don't tell me what to do. I call it like I see it, and I see you workers all think alike. :down:
That one works both ways, so don't you tell others what to do either! If I had of been talking about someone specific then fair enough, but I'm talking in general, (except for my own family in the past and you don't know the circumstances and I haven't named them), and what I have said is the truth, there are people like I've said. So why have I ruffled you up so much, I wasn't speaking to you personally?

glorydaz

That one works both ways, so don't you tell others what to do either! If I had of been talking about someone specific then fair enough, but I'm talking in general, (except for my own family in the past and you don't know the circumstances and I haven't named them), and what I have said is the truth, there are people like I've said. So why have I ruffled you up so much, I wasn't speaking to you personally?

I don't care what you DO....how you live your life is none of my business. But, what you say about those who preach the gospel of grace is my business. You don't preach the Gospel of Grace...you preach a false gospel. You try to add YOU to Christ's work on the cross, and salvation is NOT OF OURSELVES. Period. It is a gift you cannot earn with your blood, sweat, tears, or efforts. No amount of you "dying to self" will save you.

Believers are not to be judged by anyone, and your false witness against those who understand what it means to REST IN THE LORD only shows you haven't yet entered in.

Worse, you aren't interested in learning....simply unteachable from what I've seen.

marhig

I don't care what you DO....how you live your life is none of my business. But, what you say about those who preach the gospel of grace is my business. You don't preach the Gospel of Grace...you preach a false gospel. You try to add YOU to Christ's work on the cross, and salvation is NOT OF OURSELVES. Period. It is a gift you cannot earn with your blood, sweat, tears, or efforts. No amount of you "dying to self" will save you.

Believers are not to be judged by anyone, and your false witness against those who understand what it means to REST IN THE LORD only shows you haven't yet entered in.

Worse, you aren't interested in learning....simply unteachable from what I've seen.
The "false gospel" (as you call it) that I believe in is the gospel of Jesus Christ. I believe the truth and the true gospel which is the gospel that Jesus Christ received from God and was sent to preach, the gospel that Jesus himself preached, that was to go to every creature in all the nation's, the same gospel that Paul himself believed in, followed and preached.

What I don't do is see the gospel that Jesus preached as for others and not for me, and only believe in what is said by one of his apostles, I believe in the teachings of Paul. But Jesus comes first, I believe him first and foremost and I follow him, not Paul.

And even Paul himself said "follow me as I follow Christ"

And Jesus said, deny yourself, take up your cross daily, and follow me, and he said that those who don't take up their cross and follow me, are not worthy of me. And I believe that is the truth and I follow him, not the doctrine of any denomination!

You see me as unteachable, but I see your doctrine as not being the truth.

oatmeal

Here's a question for you all.

What are these verses talking about and how do you achieve what they are instructing?

Romans 15:5

Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:

Philippians 2:2

Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.

Philippians 2:20

For I have no man likeminded, who will naturally care for your state.

Ephesians 4:1-6

I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

I Corinthians 12:

18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.

19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?

20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.

21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:

23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.

24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked.

25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.

26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

What are you doing to live these verses in your life?

What more could you do that you have learned from scripture?

What are those scriptures?

Do you have any further insight on how to live these truths?

Does healing the wounds start with "if only they or he or she would or would't..."

Or could it start with something like Ephesians 4:32?

And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

I understand we all come from different backgrounds with our own strengths and weaknesses.

Who here is accurately described by the following passage? It describes where I came from, where I was, the behavior I had before, and it describes what God has done for me and for you

Ephesians 2:
And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Who is willing to take these truths to heart?

What have you learned as the result of taking these truths to heart?

Is there a growing sense of humility towards God and our fellow believers when we realize that God did not send His son for us because we were so good, but because we were so bad?

Is there a growing sense of humility because of what God did for us? Things we could never do for ourselves?

Last edited:

Truster

What are these verses talking about and how do you achieve what they are instructing?

Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:

Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.

I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

I Corinthians 12:

18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.

21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:

23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.

24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked.

25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.

26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

Does healing the wounds start with "if only they or he or she would or would't..."

And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

I understand we all come from different backgrounds with our own strengths and weaknesses.

Who here is accurately described by the following passage? It describes where I came from, where I was, the behavior I had before, and it describes what God has done for me and for you

Ephesians 2:

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Is there a growing sense of humility towards God and our fellow believers when we realize that God did send His son for us because we were so good, but because we were so bad?

Is there a growing sense of humility because of what God did for us? Things we could never do for ourselves?

The verses are all directed at redeemed, regenerate and repentant sinners. Anyone else can only pay lip-service to them rather than benefit from the full doctrinal value. Only the heirs can benefit from a will and only the heirs can benefit from the evangelism which is the ultimate revelation of the Father's will.

oatmeal

The verses are all directed at redeemed, regenerate and repentant sinners. Anyone else can only pay lip-service to them rather than benefit from the full doctrinal value. Only the heirs can benefit from a will and only the heirs can benefit from the evangelism which is the ultimate revelation of the Father's will.

Wonderful!

How have you put those into practice?

How do I?

By taking the time to listen or read other's comments and try to find some thing I could agree with and start from there.

I do not always do that, but I do make that effort.

With anyone who reads scripture, whether I agree with their conclusions or not, the one thing I do have in common with them is that we both read scriptures.

I have that in common with you.

You are a brother in Christ

Truster

Wonderful!

How have you put those into practice?

How do I?

By taking the time to listen or read other's comments and try to find some thing I could agree with and start from there.

I do not always do that, but I do make that effort.

With anyone who reads scripture, whether I agree with their conclusions or not, the one thing I do have in common with them is that we both read scriptures.

I have that in common with you.

You are a brother in Christ

Until you are converted you are no brother of mine.

popsthebuilder

She implies as much every time she posts...just as you do. It's boasting and it's wrong to continue to judge others as sinners simply because you don't understand what it means to rest in the Lord.
To see yourself as lowly and small in not proud of boasting. Resting in faith in the Word of GOD is doing according to that Word, being reasured continually by one's conscience and the written Word.

popsthebuilder

I Corinthians 12:

Ephesians 2:

Is there a growing sense of humility towards God and our fellow believers when we realize that God did send His son for us because we were so good, but because we were so bad?

I think there was a typo friend.
("because we were so good,")

Your repeated attempts to bring about profitable conversation between the limbs of the body is both noteworthy and appreciated.

I agree with much of what you said and will try to actually comment on it later.

peace

Last edited: