Who was 1 Peter written to?

turbosixx

I am circumcised, and I do observe kosher. The question I have is if as a believer in Jesus Christ which I have been since a young age, should I or should I not call myself a Gentile? I am a believer. I am a Christian. And I do observe the Sabbath and the Jewish holy days.

I would suggest to you, you are not a Gentile. You are God's chosen, a descendant of Abraham and you have been circumcised by a circumcision superior to your fleshly one.

Eph. 2:11 Therefore remember that formerly you, the Gentiles in the flesh, who are called "Uncircumcision" by the so-called "Circumcision," which is performed in the flesh by human hands- 12 remember that you were at that time separate from Christ, excluded from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

1 Pt. 2:10 for you once were not a people, but now you are the people of God;

Gal. 3:29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants, heirs according to promise.

Col. 2:11 and in Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, in the removal of the body of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ;

I would also suggest to you, you don't need to follow the Jewish Holy days.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I would suggest to you, you are not a Gentile. You are God's chosen, a descendant of Abraham and you have been circumcised by a circumcision superior to your fleshly one.

Eph. 2:11 Therefore remember that formerly you, the Gentiles in the flesh, who are called "Uncircumcision" by the so-called "Circumcision," which is performed in the flesh by human hands- 12 remember that you were at that time separate from Christ, excluded from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

1 Pt. 2:10 for you once were not a people, but now you are the people of God;

Gal. 3:29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants, heirs according to promise.

Col. 2:11 and in Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, in the removal of the body of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ;

I would also suggest to you, you don't need to follow the Jewish Holy days.
Observing these days does not determine a person's salvation.

Colossians 2:16-17 NASB - 16 Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day-- 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

Hebrews 10:1 NASB - 1 For the Law, since it has only a shadow of the good things to come and not the very form of things, can never, by the same sacrifices which they offer continually year by year, make perfect those who draw near.

Was what was to come Jesus (Yeshua)?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Hebrews 10:12 NASB - 12 but He, having offered one sacrifice for sins for all time, SAT DOWN AT THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD,

turbosixx

Colossians 2:16-17 NASB - 16 Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day-- 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

Hebrews 10:1 NASB - 1 For the Law, since it has only a shadow of the good things to come and not the very form of things, can never, by the same sacrifices which they offer continually year by year, make perfect those who draw near.

Was what was to come Jesus (Yeshua)?

Yes, Jesus is now Lord and Christ. The physical of the old has been superseded by the spiritual.

19 Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way which He inaugurated for us through the veil, that is, His flesh,

Rom. 12:1 Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.

No longer do we go to a physical temple and offer a physical animal sacrifice, we are the temple and Christ is our sacrifice and so on.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes, Jesus is now Lord and Christ. The physical of the old has been superseded by the spiritual.

19 Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way which He inaugurated for us through the veil, that is, His flesh,

Rom. 12:1 Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.

No longer do we go to a physical temple and offer a physical animal sacrifice, we are the temple and Christ is our sacrifice and so on.
Was what was to come still to come after Christ's death?

And was Jesus always Lord and Christ?

turbosixx

I agree, observing these things does not affect salvation, but if you will read on, Paul is basically saying, you don't need to observe these.

Col. 3:1 Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth.

turbosixx

Was what was to come still to come after Christ's death?

And was Jesus always Lord and Christ?

Jesus DBR is everything.

1 Cor. 15:3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

After his DBR we see.

Matt. 28:18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know for certain that God has made Him both Lord and Christ-this Jesus whom you crucified."

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I agree, observing these things does not affect salvation, but if you will read on, Paul is basically saying, you don't need to observe these.

Col. 3:1 Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth.
Who doesn't need to observe these?

Salvation is not based on these.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus DBR is everything.

1 Cor. 15:3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

After his DBR we see.

Matt. 28:18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know for certain that God has made Him both Lord and Christ-this Jesus whom you crucified."
Are you saying Jesus was neither Lord nor Christ when He was born?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If you are talking the Jewish holy days, who does need to observe them? For what purpose?
Does the nation of Israel and those who find their identity in Israel either as Christians or as Jews or even Messianic Jews?

Which holy days did you think the verse was referring to?

achduke

If you are talking the Jewish holy days, who does need to observe them? For what purpose?

Why not learn them? Much prophecy is centered around God's appointed times. I like to learn as much as I can about them. They will also be observed in the future.

Zechariah 14:16 And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.

turbosixx

Are you saying Jesus was neither Lord nor Christ when He was born?

I only know what I read. As far as Lord, he is and has always been God. For Christ, which is Greek for Messiah which is anointed one which he has always been, but how could he be the savior before his DBR?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I only know what I read. As far as Lord, he is and has always been God. For Christ, which is Greek for Messiah which is anointed one which he has always been, but how could he be the savior before his DBR?
It was for this purpose that He was sent by God.

turbosixx

Do you believe that at some point they were no longer valid?

I know we can learn from them even now.

Yes, we can learn from them to better understand the spiritual things, but their observance has been fulfilled and superseded in Christ. There is only one thing I can think of we Christians are to observe.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes, we can learn from them to better understand the spiritual things, but their observance has been fulfilled and superseded in Christ. There is only one thing I can think of we Christians are to observe.
I'm not sure what you are answering or responding to.