Who was 1 Peter written to?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The NT scriptures are our commandments.

2 Pt. 3:15... just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you, 16as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.
There are at least 1050 commands of God in the New Testament writings.

Ben Masada

I am reading all of your posts to me. I have only wondered if you have read everything in this thread.

It seems to me that you have never been in touch with a Jew. When one takes upon himself to read the NT, it won't take too long for him to learn what you have taken almost all your lifetime to understand. The problem is that Jews in general don't show up here to discuss with Christians is because they consider a waste of their time to spend it with anti-Jewish Theology.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It seems to me that you have never been in touch with a Jew. When one takes upon himself to read the NT, it won't take too long for him to learn what you have taken almost all your lifetime to understand. The problem is that Jews in general don't show up here to discuss with Christians is because they consider a waste of their time to spend it with anti-Jewish Theology.
The Bible is not anti-Jewish Ben Masada. The early church was entirely Jewish. At least in its conception it was.

Ben Masada

1 - This is not "proof" :

2 - You assert he couldnt read or write, the verse you quoted also refers to paul in addition to peter, by your assertion, then john was illiterate also. Also look up the word "perceived".

3 - You literally in that post of yours proved what a preconceived notion is, you assume they couldnt read or write, there is no evidence to suggest anything of the sort, other than your own ideas.

4 - the verse you cited as evidence of illiteracy:

5 - Acts 4:13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated and untrained men, they marveled. And they realized that they had been with Jesus.

6 - Uneducated also means illiterate in what universe?

1 - Right! I am glad you know that. It is an explanation why Christians cannot accept proofs that go against their Christian preconceived notions.

2 - Not my assertion but Luke's assertion. I was not the one who wrote the book of Acts but Luke. The verse does not refer to Paul but to Peter and John only.

3 - Again: Not my idea but the idea of Luke. You too seem not to understand what we are talking about.

4 - Oh! Finally! It indeed is. Hence Peter and John were illiterate and illiterate people cannot write books.

5 - They who perceived were of those who listened to them and had some acquaintance with them.

6 - In any English dictionary if you have one.

Ben Masada

Hebrews 10:12 NASB - 12 but He, having offered one sacrifice for sins for all time, SAT DOWN AT THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD,

This is absolutely an anti-Jewish statement for two reasons. First because it must be metaphorical to be Jewish and second, Jesus as a Jew, has never returned from the grave to be seated down at the right hand of God in flesh because God is a Spirit and spirits are incorporeal. (John 4:24)

Ben Masada

Paul followed God's Law as a believer... yes?

No! Absolutely not. He followed God's Law as a predator follows the victim: To destroy it. If you read Romans 7:9-25, the Law served only to bring death to him. (v.8) Without the Law, Paul could live in sin without any pain of conscience but after he read about the Law, sin revived and caused his life to become unbearable to live since to live meant death to him. (v.9) Somehow, he knew that the Law is spiritual but, what could he do if he was carnal, sold under sin? (v.14) It seemed that Paul had got so accustomed to the way he used to live before that, after he found out from the Law that it was sinful, he started hating to have to live that way but he would do all the same. (v.15) Then he arrived to the conclusion of how sinful was to live that way but he could not change the sinful condition that dwelt in him. (v.17)

What had become an unbearable struggle for Paul was to love God's Law in his mind while serving the law of sin in his flesh. (v.22,23) Therefore, he considered himself a wretched man who could find no deliverance from the body of death that forced him to serve the Law of God in his mind only while serving sin in his flesh. (v. 24,25) All the above is about the famous sinful thorn on the side of Paul. Do you have any idea what could it have been? I can't be more specific here than I have been, and tell you what every thing was about Paul but, one more thing I feel allowed to add. Paul had been born on the wrong time in History. Had he been born today, he would not have to live under such sinful repressed feelings which made his life so miserable.

achduke

Okay.

Peter and Paul
Peter was told by Jesus about Jesus' church before Paul was a believer.
Paul once confronted Peter.
Did Paul always observe the Law of God?

About the Spirit of God, you know the Spirit of God was poured out on Pentecost and on Gentiles later, with Peter there both times?

Did the Spirit of God dwell in believers in the Old Testament?

Paul was the best of the best when it came to knowing and observing Judaism. He followed it perfectly. But Judaism is not God's law so he was sinning. He was a pharisee who Jesus noted were following their own traditions making God's law null.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
This is absolutely an anti-Jewish statement for two reasons. First because it must be metaphorical to be Jewish and second, Jesus as a Jew, has never returned from the grave to be seated down at the right hand of God in flesh because God is a Spirit and spirits are incorporeal. (John 4:24)
What do you mean the right hand of God in flesh? What does the "in flesh" part mean here?

The Bible says many times that Jesus is at the right hand of God.

I don't know what incorporeal means. I know God is Spirit. Jesus is not spirit.

It is not anti-Jewish.

Also, I'm not sure if metaphor / metaphorical is the right word... but the point is Jesus died for you. And that it was not a human sacrifice. Human sacrifice is or would be against God's Law. It is forbidden by God, and it is not what is meant here in this verse.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No! Absolutely not. He followed God's Law as a predator follows the victim: To destroy it. If you read Romans 7:9-25, the Law served only to bring death to him. (v.8) Without the Law, Paul could live in sin without any pain of conscience but after he read about the Law, sin revived and caused his life to become unbearable to live since to live meant death to him. (v.9) Somehow, he knew that the Law is spiritual but, what could he do if he was carnal, sold under sin? (v.14) It seemed that Paul had got so accustomed to the way he used to live before that, after he found out from the Law that it was sinful, he started hating to have to live that way but he would do all the same. (v.15) Then he arrived to the conclusion of how sinful was to live that way but he could not change the sinful condition that dwelt in him. (v.17)

What had become an unbearable struggle for Paul was to love God's Law in his mind while serving the law of sin in his flesh. (v.22,23) Therefore, he considered himself a wretched man who could find no deliverance from the body of death that forced him to serve the Law of God in his mind only while serving sin in his flesh. (v. 24,25) All the above is about the famous sinful thorn on the side of Paul. Do you have any idea what could it have been? I can't be more specific here than I have been, and tell you what every thing was about Paul but, one more thing I feel allowed to add. Paul had been born on the wrong time in History. Had he been born today, he would not have to live under such sinful repressed feelings which made his life so miserable.
Nothing was repressed, and Paul did talk about the difference between what we want to do and what we find ourselves doing in spite of what we want to do which is right to do.

Remember, Paul said "but thanks be to God"! Do you recall what he was thanking God for?

As for the "thorn in the flesh" I don't believe it was sin. Paul knew what sin was, but the thorn in the flesh was not it.

Here is how I know Paul "followed the Law".

Acts 21:24 NASB - 24 take them and purify yourself along with them, and pay their expenses so that they may shave their heads; and all will know that there is nothing to the things which they have been told about you, but that you yourself also walk orderly, keeping the Law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Paul was the best of the best when it came to knowing and observing Judaism. He followed it perfectly. But Judaism is not God's law so he was sinning. He was a pharisee who Jesus noted were following their own traditions making God's law null.
Paul had already become a believer by this time, and ministered to Gentiles even.

Acts 21:24 NASB - 24 take them and purify yourself along with them, and pay their expenses so that they may shave their heads; and all will know that there is nothing to the things which they have been told about you, but that you yourself also walk orderly, keeping the Law.

1 Corinthians 9:21 NASB - 21 to those who are without law, as without law, though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ, so that I might win those who are without law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
17"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

28After this, Jesus, knowing that all things had already been accomplished, to fulfill the Scripture, said, "I am thirsty."

He came to fulfill and once all was accomplished it was done away with.
The word accomplished in the Bible
Are these verses talking about the same thing or about something different?

Matthew 5:18 NASB - 18 "For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

John 19:28 NASB - 28 After this, Jesus, knowing that all things had already been accomplished, to fulfill the Scripture, said, "I am thirsty."

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
1 - Right! I am glad you know that. It is an explanation why Christians cannot accept proofs that go against their Christian preconceived notions.

2 - Not my assertion but Luke's assertion. I was not the one who wrote the book of Acts but Luke. The verse does not refer to Paul but to Peter and John only.

3 - Again: Not my idea but the idea of Luke. You too seem not to understand what we are talking about.

4 - Oh! Finally! It indeed is. Hence Peter and John were illiterate and illiterate people cannot write books.

5 - They who perceived were of those who listened to them and had some acquaintance with them.

6 - In any English dictionary if you have one.

You have presented no evidence that unlearned, means illiterate. There are many people without formal educations that can read and write.

achduke

Paul had already become a believer by this time, and ministered to Gentiles even.

1 Corinthians 9:21 NASB - 21 to those who are without law, as without law, though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ, so that I might win those who are without law.

I am talking about his past before his conversion on the road to Damascus.

achduke

Was he keeping, following, observing the law then (at that time)?

He was keeping and following the laws of the pharisees which were full of leaven.

Mark 9:9-13
9 And he continued, “You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions! 10 For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and mother,’ and, ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’ 11 But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is Corban (that is, devoted to God)— 12 then you no longer let them do anything for their father or mother. 13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.

Paul was among the best of the pharisees.

Philippians 3:6 as for zeal, persecuting the church; as for righteousness based on the law, faultless.

Following the law on our own is self-righteous. We should have righteous that comes from God.

Philippians 3:9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith.