Who was 1 Peter written to?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Comparing the new covenant with the old covenant would we say it is more or less? In relation to what? Spiritual content? (difficulty in) Keeping God's commands? Ease in doing what is right?

turbosixx

turbosixx

Comparing the new covenant with the old covenant would we say it is more or less? In relation to what? Spiritual content? (difficulty in) Keeping God's commands? Ease in doing what is right?

Here is Peter's thoughts on that.

Acts 15:10 Now therefore why do you put God to the test by placing upon the neck of the disciples a yoke which neither our fathers nor we have been able to bear?

Were Adam and Eve able to bear one rule? It's never easy.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Here is Peter's thoughts on that.

Acts 15:10 Now therefore why do you put God to the test by placing upon the neck of the disciples a yoke which neither our fathers nor we have been able to bear?

Were Adam and Eve able to bear one rule? It's never easy.
What was Peter talking about? :)

turbosixx

Did Peter? Perhaps he spent time with Gentiles? Is that a violation of the law? Did he eat food that was not kosher (here, clean) food or just spend time with those he once thought were unclean, the Gentiles?

I'm not sure what your asking or getting at but here it goes.

Acts 10:28 And he said to them, "You yourselves know how unlawful it is for a man who is a Jew to associate with a foreigner or to visit him; and yet God has shown me that I should not call any man unholy or unclean.

15:7 .... Peter stood up and said to them, "Brethren, you know that in the early days God made a choice among you, that by my mouth the Gentiles would hear the word of the gospel and believe. 8 And God, who knows the heart, testified to them giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He also did to us; 9 and He made no distinction between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I'm not sure what your asking or getting at but here it goes.

Acts 10:28 And he said to them, "You yourselves know how unlawful it is for a man who is a Jew to associate with a foreigner or to visit him; and yet God has shown me that I should not call any man unholy or unclean.

15:7 .... Peter stood up and said to them, "Brethren, you know that in the early days God made a choice among you, that by my mouth the Gentiles would hear the word of the gospel and believe. 8 And God, who knows the heart, testified to them giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He also did to us; 9 and He made no distinction between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith.
Yes.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Did they instruct them to observe the law of Moses?
Did ever a believer do this? Probably. But in regard to what you are referring to, I don't believe so. I don't know everything. But maybe the decision that was made was what affected future conversation.

I believe it is okay for an Israelite, a Jew, and a circumcised man, to eat kosher. For that matter a Gentile or an uncircumcised man can eat kosher. It is a decision, not a requirement for Gentiles who become believers.

turbosixx

I believe it is okay for an Israelite, a Jew, and a circumcised man, to eat kosher. For that matter a Gentile or an uncircumcised man can eat kosher. It is a decision, not a requirement for Gentiles who become believers.

I think your missing the point.

9and He made no distinction between us and them,

There is no Jew there is no Gentile. No distinction.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I think your missing the point.

9and He made no distinction between us and them,

There is no Jew there is no Gentile. No distinction.
1 Corinthians 7:19 NASB - 19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but what matters is the keeping of the commandments of God.

turbosixx

1 Corinthians 7:19 NASB - 19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but what matters is the keeping of the commandments of God.

Eph. 2:14 For He Himself is our peace, who made both groups into one and broke down the barrier of the dividing wall, 15 by abolishing in His flesh the enmity, which is the Law of commandments contained in ordinances, so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, thus establishing peace,

Following the law of Moses is once again dividing. We should not divide what God has joined.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Eph. 2:14 For He Himself is our peace, who made both groups into one and broke down the barrier of the dividing wall, 15 by abolishing in His flesh the enmity, which is the Law of commandments contained in ordinances, so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, thus establishing peace,

Following the law of Moses is once again dividing. We should not divide what God has joined.
We are not talking about divorce here.

Acts 15:7-21 NASB - 7 After there had been much debate, Peter stood up and said to them, "Brethren, you know that in the early days God made a choice among you, that by my mouth the Gentiles would hear the word of the gospel and believe. 8 "And God, who knows the heart, testified to them giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He also did to us; 9 and He made no distinction between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith. 10 "Now therefore why do you put God to the test by placing upon the neck of the disciples a yoke which neither our fathers nor we have been able to bear? 11 "But we believe that we are saved through the grace of the Lord Jesus, in the same way as they also are." 12 All the people kept silent, and they were listening to Barnabas and Paul as they were relating what signs and wonders God had done through them among the Gentiles. 13 After they had stopped speaking, James answered, saying, "Brethren, listen to me. 14 "Simeon has related how God first concerned Himself about taking from among the Gentiles a people for His name. 15 "With this the words of the Prophets agree, just as it is written, 16 'AFTER THESE THINGS I will return, AND I WILL REBUILD THE TABERNACLE OF DAVID WHICH HAS FALLEN, AND I WILL REBUILD ITS RUINS, AND I WILL RESTORE IT, 17 SO THAT THE REST OF MANKIND MAY SEEK THE LORD, AND ALL THE GENTILES WHO ARE CALLED BY MY NAME,' 18 SAYS THE LORD, WHO MAKES THESE THINGS KNOWN FROM LONG AGO. 19 "Therefore it is my judgment that we do not trouble those who are turning to God from among the Gentiles, 20 but that we write to them that they abstain from things contaminated by idols and from fornication and from what is strangled and from blood. 21 "For Moses from ancient generations has in every city those who preach him, since he is read in the synagogues every Sabbath."

turbosixx

The NT scriptures are our commandments.

2 Pt. 3:15... just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you, 16as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.