What the Gospel is and What the Gospel is Not

Robert Pate

Banned
"So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin." (Romans 7:25)

Are you still subject to the flesh?

As long as we are in these Adamic bodies we are subject to the flesh. But we know that Jesus has crucified the flesh so that we no longer have to serve the flesh, Romans 6:6.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
As long as we are in these Adamic bodies we are subject to the flesh. But we know that Jesus has crucified the flesh so that we no longer have to serve the flesh, Romans 6:6.

Have you crucified your Adamic body? Or are you still in the flesh?

Robert Pate

Banned
Have you crucified your Adamic body? Or are you still in the flesh?

The Christian has two natures. The nature of Adam and the nature of Christ. He is a sinner and a saint at the same time. Paul struggled with his old Adamic nature just like we do, Romans 7.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The law is good because it reveals the nature and the Character of God.

The law is good because it reveals the sinfulness of man.

The law is good because it is our schoolmaster that brings us to Christ.

"But after faith is come we are no longer under the schoolmaster (the law) for you are all children of God by faith in Christ Jesus" Galatians 3:24-26.

Shalom.

The question is if you obey God's commandments. See Matthew 5:17-20. It makes sense to me if you observe and teach God's Commandments.

Did you see my previous post by the way?

And, I believe that you have made a good answer.

Shalom.

Jacob

Robert Pate

Banned
Have you murdered more people than Hitler or Stalin?

I believe your boast is without substance.

You don't have to murder someone to be a sinner.

Sin is the transgression of God's law. This is why Paul said, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

Robert Pate

Banned
Shalom.

The question is if you obey God's commandments. See Matthew 5:17-20. It makes sense to me if you observe and teach God's Commandments.

Did you see my previous post by the way?

And, I believe that you have made a good answer.

Shalom.

Jacob

"By the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Sin is the transgression of God's law. This is why Paul said, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

Paul's comment is a paraphrase.

"The fool has said in his heart there is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none who does good." (Psalms 14:1)

"The fool has said in his heart there is no God. They are corrupt and have done abominable iniquity, there is none who does good." (Psalm 53:1)

Are sinners without condemnation?

Robert Pate

Banned
Paul's comment is a paraphrase.

"The fool has said in his heart there is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none who does good." (Psalms 14:1)

"The fool has said in his heart there is no God. They are corrupt and have done abominable iniquity, there is none who does good." (Psalm 53:1)

Are sinners without condemnation?

Because God is holy he must judge sin. "There is no condemnation to those that are in Jesus Christ" Romans 8:1.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Righteousness. I believe Paul when he said, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

Righteousness comes by way of Christ in us, not by our righteousness.

Christ is as righteous as he ever was. Does he manifest his righteousness through you?

Robert Pate

Banned
Righteousness comes by way of Christ in us, not by our righteousness.

Christ is as righteous as he ever was. Does he manifest his righteousness through you?

Paul never taught that righteousness comes by Christ in us. That's Roman Catholicism. Maybe you are a Catholic? Our righteousness is in heaven at the right hand of God.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul never taught that righteousness comes by Christ in us. That's Roman Catholicism. Maybe you are a Catholic? Our righteousness is in heaven at the right hand of God.

"being filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ" (Philippians 1:11)

Robert Pate

Banned
"being filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ" (Philippians 1:11)

The Holy Spirit will cause one to live a righteous life. But it will not make you righteous. What it will make you aware of is the sinner that you really are. Christians live holy lives for the sake of their witness for Christ and his Gospel. Paul readily confessed his sinner hood, Romans 7.