What the Gospel is and What the Gospel is Not

Robert Pate

Banned
Shalom.

I do not know when the veil tore, but it did not signify that the Law was abolished, as far as I can tell, which would be different from your claim.

Shalom.

Jacob

Not only the law, but the whole Jewish religion. Where there is law there is judgement and condemnation.

Robert Pate

Banned
2 Tim. 1:8-9
8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; 9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

That scripture is also for me who is NOT a Calvinist.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Not only the law, but the whole Jewish religion. Where there is law there is judgement and condemnation.
Shalom.

Do you observe any of God's commandments? Also, do you believe that there is any punishment for not obeying God's commands?

Shalom.

Jacob

Robert Pate

Banned
Shalom.

Do you observe any of God's commandments? Also, do you believe that there is any punishment for not obeying God's commands?

Shalom.

Jacob

I am not concerned with laws, rules or religion, nor was the apostle Paul. This is why Paul wrote, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17.

In the Gospel I have been justified, sanctified and redeemed. I now stand before God as perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I am not concerned with laws, rules or religion, nor was the apostle Paul. This is why Paul wrote, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17.

In the Gospel I have been justified, sanctified and redeemed. I now stand before God as perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10.
Shalom.

I am trying to relate to you. I observed God's commands before accepting His law. Do you obey God and do you obey God's commands? Some people believe that they obey God even though they do not admit to obeying God's commands.

The word Torah means instruction and sometimes people shy away from God's law, thinking either that it is not for them or that something is wrong with it.

Shalom.

Jacob

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I am not concerned with laws, rules or religion, nor was the apostle Paul.

Paul said the law is not made for the righteous, but then you say there are none righteous.

If you dishonor your spirit mother then you dishonor your spirit father. He doesn't like that.

"Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it." (Proverbs 22:6)

Early training is the responsibility of mom and you ought to listen to her.

Robert Pate

Banned
Shalom.

I am trying to relate to you. I observed God's commands before accepting His law. Do you obey God and do you obey God's commands? Some people believe that they obey God even though they do not admit to obeying God's commands.

The word Torah means instruction and sometimes people shy away from God's law, thinking either that it is not for them or that something is wrong with it.

Shalom.

Jacob

The law is the very nature and character of God. To say that you keep the law is to say that you are as righteous as Christ.

Paul says that... "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

Are you going to call Paul a liar?

Robert Pate

Banned
Paul said the law is not made for the righteous, but then you say there are none righteous.

If you dishonor your spirit mother then you dishonor your spirit father. He doesn't like that.

"Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it." (Proverbs 22:6)

Early training is the responsibility of mom and you ought to listen to her.

Paul said that the law is not for the righteous, but for... "The lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers, of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, for whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine" 1 Timothy 1:9,10.

If the shoe fits then wear it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The law is the very nature and character of God. To say that you keep the law is to say that you are as righteous as Christ.

Paul says that... "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

Are you going to call Paul a liar?

Shalom.

Is it true that those who are born of God, born again, born of the Spirit, obey God where formerly they did not?

Jesus obeyed God and we should too.

Shalom.

Jacob

Robert Pate

Banned
Shalom.

Is it true that those who are born of God, born again, born of the Spirit, obey God where formerly they did not?

Jesus obeyed God and we should too.

Shalom.

Jacob

Then you do believe that God's chosen apostle Paul is a liar?

Paul also said "For there is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Then you do believe that God's chosen apostle Paul is a liar?

Paul also said "For there is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.
Shalom.

I do not believe that Paul was lying. He was quoting from the TaNaKh, Psalms (Tehillim) 14:1-3 or 53:1-3.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Oh, I get it. You think that King David is the real liar.
Shalom.

No. I do not know why you suggest this.

I do recommend reading all of Romans. I learned about obedience, sanctification, and righteousness, in Romans 5 and 6.

Shalom.

Jacob

Robert Pate

Banned
Shalom.

No. I do not know why you suggest this.

I do recommend reading all of Romans. I learned about obedience, sanctification, and righteousness, in Romans 5 and 6.

Shalom.

Jacob

You haven't learned that you are a sinner saved by grace, Ephesians 2:8.

Robert Pate

Banned
Shalom.

I know that I am saved by grace through faith and not of works.

Shalom.

Jacob

You have been deceived. If you believe that you have to obey the law to be saved, then you are under the law and will be judged by the law and condemned, Galatians 3:10.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You have been deceived. If you believe that you have to obey the law to be saved, then you are under the law and will be judged by the law and condemned, Galatians 3:10.
Shalom.

I have not said that you have to obey the law to be saved. But there is nothing wrong with obeying the Law. It came to us from God. There are commands or laws for us to observe or obey. What you are required to observe is the essentials. Read Acts 15. The 613 Commandments of Torah are for all Israel, Jews. I am a proselyte and a convert, so I observe these. The Noahide laws are for everyone. Matthew through Revelation has 1050 Commandments. Would you say that you did not, do not, should not, could not, or cannot observe any command, law, or commandment of God? Did you turn to God from among the Gentiles?

Shalom.

Jacob

Shalom.

I have not said that you have to obey the law to be saved. But there is nothing wrong with obeying the Law. It came to us from God. There are commands or laws for us to observe or obey. What you are required to observe is the essentials. Read Acts 15. The 613 Commandments of Torah are for all Israel, Jews. I am a proselyte and a convert, so I observe these. The Noahide laws are for everyone. Matthew through Revelation has 1050 Commandments. Would you say that you did not, do not, should not, could not, or cannot observe any command, law, or commandment of God? Did you turn to God from among the Gentiles?

Shalom.

Jacob

I think there is a difference between following the LAW and obeying what God commands. The LAW was a system of rules set up for Israel. There are commands from the Law that have been reissued to Christians by Jesus and the Apostles - but that is not to say that we are subject to the LAW. Yes we should obey what Jesus commands us to do - but it is out of love for Him and from the strength He gives - it is not in order to be righteous before Him.