What is the Gospel?

glorydaz

That's the whole point. Preach the death, burial, and resurrection and you can't go wrong.

I'm showing you that the work of the cross is not just the resurrection.

No, you are wrong to focus on the Resurrection. You will find the Prophets are not as tunnel visioned as you are, nor was our Lord Himself.

The death, burial, and resurrection of our Lord is ONE WORK.

Those that witnessed His resurrection also witnessed His death.

:thumb:

Glory shoulda said that Nihilo shouldn't only focus on the resurrection, she didn't.

She put it out there like he should only be focusing on the death.

Now she's conceded it's okay to throw the Trinity on top of it, too.

Well.....

Without the resurrection dying just don't seem like all that much fun.

Oh, some more of what I should have said, but "didn't". :chuckle:

Burning in hell would be even less fun, wouldn't it?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
In what way? Because I'm wrong, and so give the Evil one a reason to gloat and cackle like a fool?

Or consistent with what is written? It can't be both.

You can be honest. I promise I won't have a tantrum, or go off the deep end like the Evil one is wont to do. I'll just know better what sort you are.

He's not laughing because you're wrong.

You stay with what is written quite well.

I however just catch a consistent irritating emphasis on death.

Put it on me, hell, it could be. :)

glorydaz

He's not laughing because you're wrong.

You stay with what is written quite well.

I however just catch a consistent irritating emphasis on death.

Put it on me, hell, it could be. :)

It's irritating? Unless a seed falls to the ground, it cannot have life.

1 Cor. 15:36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die: 37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:​

The preaching of the Cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but for those who believe, it is the Power of God. If you believe Jesus died for your sins, then you have hope. There must be a good reason why Paul said he was determined not to know anything but Christ crucified. 1 Cor. 2:2 1 Cor. 1:23

It's because you have to go through death before you can have eternal life. There is no getting around it. Unless, of course, Christ comes soon. :thumb:

glorydaz

Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
Jesus came to remove the condemnation of Adam's offence.

No; He died to remove that condemnation for all men. Adam's sin is not the only sin a man has to deal with; every man has his own also.

If you're going to quote a verse, you should at least expand your search, and make an effort to actually read what is being said. Enmity...just come right out with it.

Romans 5:15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many. 16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification. 17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) 18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.​

Exactly; without Jesus the "the way" wouldn't exist for every man. Jesus died for every man.

For every man's what?

Opened the door for every man; to give them a way in; or rather, a way out (of the condemnation of Adam's offence).

Adam's offense? Adam died for his own offense.

No he's not, your being narrow minded. Jesus did more than one thing. He opened the door for all, all who believe, will be saved.

I already said He opened the door for all. And I already said those who believe will be saved. So, are you making some hidden point I simply can't see?

You've linked onto another man's gospel, Calvinism.

On the contrary, you're linked to a dirty sock who is whispering sweet nothings in your ear.

glorydaz

I cringe every time I hear you say Paul came with a different gospel. Jesus came with another covenant and he, only he could. Jesus is the Sacrificial LAMB OF GOD ONCE AND FOR ALL, but you have Paul coming with another gospel, just because you say so. Unbelievable.

I cringe every time I see you deny the Risen Lord told Paul to preach the Gospel of Grace. You hate the Grace of God because that means all your efforts are as filthy rags. YEP....filthy rages. Filth. Disgusting self effort that you trust in. Cringe worthy.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Both your surmise and your question have but one answer, PJ.

Not that he has had too much to drink, or is a poor little lamb who is abused by the big bad she wolf, but because he is an actor upon the stage of TOL. He's a bit part player with a tarnished reputation trying to gain back the spot light he once thinks he basked in. Ah, all that glory....gone with the wind. A has been. A B list player with a small low paying audience. A street mime collecting change in his dirty little socks lined up on the sidewalk at his feet. :mario:

Ahhhhh... this is what I’ve been waiting for... Your very words echo that you perceive this is a stage and you seem to be protecting a spotlight that I never considered...

I assumed you wanted all “Glory” to go to Jesus... but have recently been convinced by this... and the post where you suggested “our words” lead others to Christ... when again... I always consider this entire enchilada... His stage...

And... who is your audience here? Who started this thread? Who’s OP is this? Do you desire pats on the back from fellow believers more than the rejoicing of the Angels that WILL occur when Sonnet professes his full faith in Christ and relinquishes all of his doubts to Christ!

See... I am a small bit player and I take every opportunity to belittle the “I” of the matter... not to degrade mayself... but to ensure “Eye” don’t step in the Shine of the “I AM”.

But... :idunno: ... that’s just me.e.<(I)>

# I’m not playing...

glorydaz

Ahhhhh... this is what I’ve been waiting for... Your very words echo that you perceive this is a stage and you seem to be protecting a spotlight that I never considered...

Oh my, Baby Jane has arrived in all her glory. :popcorn:

I assumed you wanted all “Glory” to go to Jesus... but have recently been convinced by this... and the post where you suggested “our words” lead others to Christ... when again... I always consider this entire enchilada... His stage...

And... who is your audience here? Who started this thread? Who’s OP is this? Do you desire pats on the back from fellow believers more than the rejoicing of the Angels that WILL occur when Sonnet professes his full faith in Christ and relinquishes all of his doubts to Christ!

See... I am a small bit player and I take every opportunity to belittle the “I” of the matter... not to degrade mayself... but to ensure “Eye” don’t step in the Shine of the “I AM”.

But... :idunno: ... that’s just me.e.<(I)>

You're reading from your script....even got the dramatic glances down pat. :rotfl:
Coy, but with an evil eyeball under those heavily mascaraed lashes. :popcorn:

But Hey, I'm just an audience member. Don't try and drag me up on your impromptu stage, you sick wanna be star. :eek:

blackbirdking

If you're going to quote a verse, you should at least expand your search, and make an effort to actually read what is being said. Enmity...just come right out with it.

Romans 5:15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many. 16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification. 17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) 18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.​

Nothing changes.

For every man's what?

Sorry, thought it was clear; door.

Adam's offense? Adam died for his own offense.

You answered your own question above. Read it carefully again; the whole chapter.

I wasn't necessarily quoting; simply making a statement. Check my punctuation.

I already said He opened the door for all. And I already said those who believe will be saved. So, are you making some hidden point I simply can't see?
Then why did you ask, "For every man's what?"? Seems simple then; since He opened the door for all men by what did, He did it for all men. It certainly appears that you're implying that Jesus did not do it for all men.
Paul seems to agree. "ALL THAT BELIEVE". ...

....Christ died for those who walk through the open door.
Only those who walk through the door?
Since Christ died to open the door for all men, He died for all men, period.

On the contrary, you're linked to a dirty sock who is whispering sweet nothings in your ear.
Ha haaaa haaaa ha, kinda like I'm a New Ager?

Hmmm....sounds new age to me.

Please, your calling the Spirit "dirty socks".

glorydaz

Sorry, thought it was clear; door.

Then you're a bit confused about what that means.

You answered your own question above. Read it carefully again; the whole chapter.

I answered my own question by your own admission. I don't need to read it again.

I wasn't necessarily quoting; simply making a statement. Check my punctuation.

UH, I'm supposed to decipher what you mean by checking your punctuation? :rolleyes:

Then why did you ask, "For every man's what?"? Seems simple then; since He opened the door for all men by what did, He did it for all men. It certainly appears that you're implying that Jesus did not do it for all men.

Well, that's a leap and a half....the unlocked door can stand for many things, but I'll stick with what it actually means. The door is the offer of reconciliation.

Only those who walk through the door?
Since Christ died to open the door for all men, He died for all men, period.

Once again, you seem to be assuming the opening of the door is the forgiveness of sin, instead of an offer of Peace. An offer of Peace does not Peace make.

Ha haaaa haaaa ha, kinda like I'm a New Ager?

Please say we're not dealing with another demented one. :noid:

Please, your calling the Spirit "dirty socks".

Don't blaspheme the Spirit by claiming what you say has anything to do with the Spirit of God. :down:

glorydaz

Do you believe Jesus died for all... as 1 John 2:2 states?

Do you know what the word propitiation means?

I wonder because you seem a bit desperate to make it mean more than what it does, and to get the poster to agree with you for some odd reason. A bit pushy, perhaps. :chuckle:

An offer is but an offer. Not accomplished until it is accepted.

I suppose one could say it's engaging in semantics, but it does seem a bit deceptive, nonetheless.

blackbirdking

Then you're a bit confused about what that means.
Maybe you can unconfuse me then by answering the last question here.

I answered my own question by your own admission. I don't need to read it again.
UH, I'm supposed to decipher what you mean by checking your punctuation? :rolleyes:
You said I quoted; I didn't. I was simply making a statement.

Well, that's a leap and a half....the unlocked door can stand for many things, but I'll stick with what it actually means. The door is the offer of reconciliation.
Who is making the offer, and how?

Once again, you seem to be assuming the opening of the door is the forgiveness of sin, instead of an offer of Peace. An offer of Peace does not Peace make.
Don't assu me; I don't think I said anything about forgiveness, yet.

Please say we're not dealing with another demented one. :noid:
Hey, what did the people say at Pentecost when the speakers spoke?

Don't blaspheme the Spirit by claiming what you say has anything to do with the Spirit of God. :down:
Please don't blaspheme by judging my claim.

...So, your assumption that Paul is talking about all men without exception is your ASSUMPTION, and NOT what Paul said. You added to what he said according to your own understanding....

Your claim is not the Gospel's claim. AMR is correct. You moved the goal posts.
What you actually did was ADD to what Paul had written.
"And we conclude that Christ died for all men without exception."
So did Christ open the door for every man by what He did?
Or did He only open the door for those men who would believe?

God's Truth

That Jesus Christ is THE LORD, who died, was buried, and rose again for the justification of those who believe.
One must repent of their sins. That is what John the baptizer taught, Jesus taught, all the apostles including Paul.

You are ready to change what a word means.

Not true. Salvation is a GIFT for those who believe.

You have to believe Jesus gives the Holy Spirit to those who fear God and do right.

That is what scriptures say.

You add repent, and many other things in order to garner some of the glory. It's HIS GLORY because HE did all the work and any "repenting" or "obeying" you do counts not one iota toward salvation.
Faith alone is dead and can't save anyone.

If hearing the word preached doesn't humble you, there is nothing you can do to "have" that heart.
Not true. Jesus tells us what to do to get saved.

That ONE already did all that needs to be done, and that ONE is certainly not you.

We have to do what the way says to do.
Romans 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.​

And the people sinned, and the people have to obey.

Sonnet

Impossible.

Romans 3:11:
There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

The Scripture above is perspicuous. It is didactic. It is not open to an interpretation that would declare the non-born again possess some ability to seek after the righteousness of God.

Only a regenerated believer seeks after God (Jer. 17:9; Mark 7:21-23; Eph. 2:2; Eph. 2:4-5; Titus 3:5; John 3:19; Rom. 3:10-12; 5:6; 6:16-20; Eph. 2:1,3;1 Cor. 2:14).

So either you are one or you are deceiving yourself. Call upon the name of the Lord and be saved (Romans 10:13). Make your assurance known (1 John 5:13). The true believer is not wondering Where is God? The true believer is indwelt by the very God behind the question. A house divided cannot stand. Therefore no true believer, indwelt by God, denies the one true God is.

AMR

If I challenge your arguments you quote 1 Corinthians 2:14.

Sonnet

Well, you're an unbeliever. It's not as though I expect you to agree with any of my assertions.

Paul's words are Jesus', through revelation, after He rose from the dead, and the "caveat" is the Gospel of Grace. Ephesians 6:19

Gal. 1:11-12 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Saved by Grace through FAITH.

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.

Is that what Jesus preached when He walked among us?

Where did He preach GRACE?

How about you answer those questions, instead of just complaining.

John 6:29 Matthew 11:28 John 10:9