What is the Gospel?

glorydaz

I don't understand why you are at issue with EE.

For those that never hear of or read scripture then, I presume, they would rely on direct communication with Godd...else, they are by, definition, non-elect.

My issue with EE is something else.

God communicates with us directly through the written word....Scripture.

"Non-elect" isn't found in Scripture. The ELECT ONE is the Lord Jesus Christ. (And Israel was the elect nation).

Isaiah 42:1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.​

Those who are IN HIM are elect because of their position in Him. My reformed brother will disagree with me on that part. ;)

Sonnet

My issue with EE is something else.

God communicates with us directly through the written word....Scripture.

"Non-elect" isn't found in Scripture. The ELECT ONE is the Lord Jesus Christ. (And Israel was the elect nation).

Isaiah 42:1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.​

Those who are IN HIM are elect because of their position in Him. My reformed brother will disagree with me on that part. ;)

You don't think such a scripture-unaware person exists?

glorydaz

Hey... you’re right. Nothing in God’s Name makes what I have to say valuable.

I know I am nothing before God and men, other than Jesus Loves me enough to die for me. I’m sorry if it looked like I thought anything I had to say was valuable. You know... I’m well aware that you’ll keep berating my every word I say that doesn’t agree with yours and I’m well aware you’ll have something sh1tty to say about this... but Honestly... I’ll do you all a favor and go forward with my initial plan...

Honestly... all my best to all of you and sorry I let you all down...

[MENTION=595]Knight[/MENTION] and [MENTION=12969]Sherman[/MENTION] ...

Please delete Evil Eye and all associated accounts of my ISP origin...

Dark Matter
7 Spirits
James Dalton
Nameless in Grace

That should do it.

Honestly... I’m begging you to delete me from this site. I’m a burden here... and not a blessing. I appreciate all that this site is and wish all the very best.

This is for me and no one else... It is time I go for good...

Please delete my accounts... I’m begging you. All gratitude.

- Me

Gee, you accused me of being into divination, and I didn't get all hurt.

I had a dear brother tell me once....."When you see a brother all dejected and depressed, you can be sure he's just returned from the battle. When you see him rarin' to go again, send him forth."

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Hey... you’re right. Nothing in God’s Name makes what I have to say valuable.

I know I am nothing before God and men, other than Jesus Loves me enough to die for me. I’m sorry if it looked like I thought anything I had to say was valuable. You know... I’m well aware that you’ll keep berating my every word I say that doesn’t agree with yours and I’m well aware you’ll have something sh1tty to say about this... but Honestly... I’ll do you all a favor and go forward with my initial plan...

Honestly... all my best to all of you and sorry I let you all down...

[MENTION=595]Knight[/MENTION] and [MENTION=12969]Sherman[/MENTION] ...

Please delete Evil Eye and all associated accounts of my ISP origin...

Dark Matter
7 Spirits
James Dalton
Nameless in Grace

That should do it.

Honestly... I’m begging you to delete me from this site. I’m a burden here... and not a blessing. I appreciate all that this site is and wish all the very best.

This is for me and no one else... It is time I go for good...

Please delete my accounts... I’m begging you. All gratitude.

- Me

You forgot stink eye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I don't understand why you are at issue with EE.

For those that never hear of or read scripture then, I presume, they would rely on direct communication with Godd...else, they are by, definition, non-elect.

Scripture teaches a principal of revelation to men who seek God. There are many that lived and died without any knowledge of the God of the Bible. And they died unsaved. The Bible says that within creation God has revealed enough knowledge of Himself to cause men to forsake their idols and seek light and God promises to give them more light. Those people who took a stand against their tribal religions had a Christian missionary in some other part of the world begin to have a burden to go and evangelize their part of the world, he or she showed up at that natives Home shared the gospel ending in salvation for that person.

Sonnet

Scripture teaches a principal of revelation to men who seek God. There are many that lived and died without any knowledge of the God of the Bible. And they died unsaved. The Bible says that within creation God has revealed enough knowledge of Himself to cause men to forsake their idols and seek light and God promises to give them more light. Those people who took a stand against their tribal religions had a Christian missionary in some other part of the world begin to have a burden to go and evangelize their part of the world, he or she showed up at that natives Home shared the gospel ending in salvation for that person.

I guess that is possible - even so no scripture came to Abraham. If that was so then, why not now?

glorydaz

Ok - but I mean a scripture-unaware-till-death person.

Well, that's a good question, if I'm understanding you right. I'm not sure about those who have never had the Gospel preached to them. It's a topic that comes up quite often. As does the question of babies and children before they know to choose the good over evil. The conscience bearing witness as in Romans 2. :idunno:

Perhaps it's a sheep and goats scenario at the Great White Throne.

Matt. 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: 32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: 33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. 37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.​

Sonnet

Well, that's a good question, if I'm understanding you right. I'm not sure about those who have never had the Gospel preached to them. It's a topic that comes up quite often. As does the question of babies and children before they know to choose the good over evil. The conscience bearing witness as in Romans 2. :idunno:

Perhaps it's a sheep and goats scenario at the Great White Throne.

Matt. 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: 32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: 33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. 37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.​

You are suggesting that such a person dying without ever hearing scripture can, nonetheless, inherit eternal life?

I would have thought this has to be the case (if one isn't a Calvinist).

blackbirdking

Before Christ came, man had the Law. But the Law couldn't give life, it could only condemn.

The wages of sin is death.

All men want eternal life. The Gift of God is eternal life. How do men receive that Gift?

Through the preaching of the Cross (Gospel). That's what all men desire. Do they not?

Many men do not believe in eternal life; they only want to be free from condemnation and guilt and turn to many other sources to find satisfaction.
If a man believes that God is a rewarder of those who seek Him, and seeks Him, he will be rewarded. Rahab did and she was a heathen who knew nothing about the Gospel. She sought God by means of the spies.