What is the Gospel?

God's Truth

You can't obey Him from the Gospels without seeking to know Him "according to the flesh," which Paul said none today can do.
You misunderstand Paul. Paul would not ever say know him spiritually but don't obey what he said when he walked the earth. If we can't go by what Jesus said and done, then that proves you are in false teachings. When Jesus walked the earth, he spoke words of eternal life, and his words were actually Spirit and life.

Jesus is the Word and his words will never die.

John 6:68 Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.

Jesus did not say he will send someone after him who will have better words.

Jesus did not say his words would be death one day; Jesus didn't say to wait for another gospel. Jesus spoke the truth and gave the truth to his apostles.
Instead you should believe on Him "according to the revelation of the mystery" but you won't.
Paul is preaching the revelation of what Jesus revealed and the revelation of the old testament, just as Jesus did and the other apostles did.
Any reasonable person would see that the King of kings and Lord of lords, the First and the Last, God, the Creator---his words would not ever fail.

Luke 21:33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

You make Jesus' words pass away.

Crime.

So you can't do the former and won't believe the latter. That leaves you with nothing of Him and you're self-condemned for it.

You are for sure. There is a price to pay. You will pay for what you are doing, according to the scriptures. You cannot lead people away from the Shepherd and say don't listen to him. You cannot say those words of the Creator are not for all creation. To do what you are doing and then blame Paul as the one who had permission from Jesus Christ himself to make living words into condemnation is a sin beyond sins. God didn't nail His own words to the cross. Jesus didn't tell Paul to nullify them.

Right Divider

Body part
hahahaha Did you forget that you say those who preach obedience to Christ is condemned?
Once AGAIN, you tell your LIE! Show the POST where ANYONE said that.... you don't because you can't... instead you just keep LYING about it.

Are you not the one who says Paul came and was given permission to nullify Jesus' words?
Nope.... another LIE from GT.... LIE, LIE, LIE.... that's all that you do.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Okay Danoh, I will watch that video if you promise to debate the context with me after I watch it.

Will you do that?

I'll watch it too, and help you critique it.

In the first 5 minutes he explains that in the verse of:
2 Timothy 2:15
(15) Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.​

"rightly dividing" does not mean to divide the word of truth from error, but to rightly divide the word of truth itself ----- ie.scripture.
Since all of scripture is truth, what this verse is saying is to rightly divide truth from truth.
Certain truths of scripture are to be distinguished from other truths of scripture.

He then goes on to tell us that if we are to rightly divide the word of truth, then we need to know how to do that.

To be continued in next post after watching a few more minutes.
Have you watched it yet?

daqq

Nope, that's you reading into the scripture what you wish to read into it: it has always been INDIVIDUAL, and that is why you and yours cannot understand the teachings of Messiah in the Gospel accounts. Israel is a body-temple analogy in the doctrine of the Master, (you have five "lost sheep" on your right and five on your left: and be careful not to abuse them while the HouseMaster is as if away in a far journey, for their angels do always behold the face of the Father who is in your heavens, and the Son of Man came to save that which was lost, (and the Lord is their Avenger as Paul has likewise forewarned you and testified, lol)). Do you truly imagine that literal physical people are your enemies for the sake of the Gospel? What happened to "We wrestle not against flesh and blood"? If they are enemies for your sake concerning the Gospel but beloved of the fathers then put them to sleep: "mortify your members" which are upon your land. Or do you not believe in allegorical language? Ephraim, O partially blind Ephraim, one day you will be fully grafted in, and then you will know as you are known. :chuckle: :chuckle:

Matthew 18:1-18 KJV
1 At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?
2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.
6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea
[Luk 17:2].
7 Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!
[Luk 17:1]
Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.
And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.
10 Take heed that ye despise not
one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven [1Thes 4:6].
11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost
["the lost sheep of the house of Israel"].
12 How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray,
["lost sheep of the house of Israel"] doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?
13 And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.
14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.
15 Moreover if thy brother
[Luke 17:3, 1Thes 4:6] shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.
18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

The Master is not speaking of literal children in the above passage but rather likening them to the "lesser members" of our own body-temple-households. Literal children are not "lost", (which is why the passage now has that statement missing in some manuscripts: by reason of the dense nature of a carnal minded scribe who imagines that it speaks of literal children and tends to want to omit the statement in his ignorance of the parables of Messiah).

Even Lazarus is "one of these little ones" as the Luke companion passage reveals.
Luke 17:1-4 is the "punch line" conclusion of the story of the rich man and Lazarus:

Luke 16:31 - 17:4 KJV
31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
01 Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come!
[Mat 18:7]
02 It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones
[Mat 18:6].
03 Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother
[Mat 8:15, 1Thes 4:6] trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.
04 And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

When he says "one of these little ones", in Luke 17:2, he speaks of Lazarus. The only reason people imagine a break in the context is because of the erroneous chapter break in modern translations. All of the keys and the answers are in the parables, allegories, idioms, sayings, and Testimony of the Master in the Gospel accounts. All one needs to do is believe what he says, even like a child, and the understanding will eventually come: but if one decides to make up his own understandings then his own little kingdom will eventually need to be burned down to the ground before such a one will come to the place where he or she can truly understand. Burn it down Danoh, and start from scratch with the Testimony of the Messiah, and believe what he says no matter how "foolish" it may sound at the first: for Elohim has chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise. :)

daqq

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by patrick jane
Why does Jesus use parables? Who are those that are "without"?

Mark 4:10-12 KJV - 10 And when he was alone, they that were about him with the twelve asked of him the parable.11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:
12 That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.
Sorry but that would indeed take this way off topic, (it is a long discussion). It is a body-temple analogy: those without are "enemies for the sake of the Gospel but beloved of the fathers", (for sin dwells in the flesh, Romans 7, which is the outer-bounds or eretz-badlands of your house-body-temple with its lands and fields, (where the tares also grow, lol)).
LOL, daqq I thought I was in the open theism debate thread :chuckle:

Well, I guess we went there anyways, eh Patrick? And Paul appears to wholeheartedly agree with this body-temple analogy, (Messiah is the Savior of the body, Mat 15:24, Eph 5:23). Don't let your "little ones" become like sheep without a shepherd, or worse, sheep with evil shepherds and an idol shepherd caring nothing for the flock, (Zec 11:8-17, Mat 24:48-51, Mar 13:34-37, Luk 12:45-46). "That which is dying let die, and that which is to be cut off let it be cut off", (mortify your members which are upon your land, mortify the deeds of the body, if your hand or foot offends you, cut them off and cast those "evil shepherds" out of your "land"). :chuckle:

Danoh

Just take my posts and add some of the details.

Hah - thanks a lot! :chuckle:

In the longer video, just about his every other sentence is often chockful of various glorious truths intertwined into one another - because the teaching in that longer video was presented to "the choir" so to speak.

Meaning, he was not merely laying out that Three-Fold Principle in Ephesians 2, but touching on much throughout that is based on what this Three-Fold Principle then allows the seeing of, and glorying in (all those added glorious truths).

Again, he did that that way, went into all that "much more" intertwined throughout, because he was now presenting things to those MADs he was visiting in that second video.

MADs mostly long since used to his much more profound teaching, when presenting to MADs, in contrast to when he presents to the public in general, like in that shorter video.

In contrast, it is expected when presenting to MADs, as in that second video, that many of them would easily be able to see, and thus glory in, all those additional, glorious truths, with him.

In fact, you can actually hear various of them doing just that.

As Paul had put that practice...

Romans 1:11 For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established; 1:12 That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me.

Anyway, Rom. 14:5; and Rom. 5:6-8.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hah - thanks a lot! :chuckle:

In the longer video, just about his every other sentence is often chockful of various glorious truths intertwined into one another - because the teaching in that longer video was presented to "the choir" so to speak.

Meaning, he was not merely laying out that Three-Fold Principle in Ephesians 2, but touching on much throughout that is based on what this Three-Fold Principle then allows the seeing of, and glorying in (all those added glorious truths).

Again, he did that that way, went into all that "much more" intertwined throughout, because he was now presenting things to those MADs he was visiting in that second video.

MADs mostly long since used to his much more profound teaching, when presenting to MADs, in contrast to when he presents to the public in general, like in that shorter video.

In contrast, it is expected when presenting to MADs, as in that second video, that many of them would easily be able to see, and thus glory in, all those additional, glorious truths, with him.

In fact, you can actually hear various of them doing just that.

As Paul had put that practice...

Romans 1:11 For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established; 1:12 That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me.

Anyway, Rom. 14:5; and Rom. 5:6-8.
Come on, Danoh, we don't need to hear about how great you think the guy is or how great you think the video is.
What we need is for you to tell us the "great" parts of the video in some details.

You've had me and GT say we would study the videos with ya.
But when it comes to actually putting in the work to study it in detail, you balk and just keep going on about how great your links are (giving little to no details) and keep going on about study approaches instead of getting into the study with us.

As a speaker, the complaint I have is that he could say what he needs to say in half the time.
He has too much "filler" in his videos.
But that's a complaint I have about a lot of speakers on theology.
I'm just not into listening to a 10 minute story of what he did one time in the past, or a conversation he had with so-and-so sometime in the past.
Get to the point and don't be vague about it.
I could listen to 5 other preachers say what he said in the same amount of time it took him to say it once.

I mean, I told what he was saying in just 3 short posts, and it took him 30 minutes.

So just going around telling folks to read this or watch this, without getting involved with the study of it, is mostly going to go in one ear and out the other with most folks.
If you just want to do that, then I'll pass.

Why don't you start a thread about your views on study approaches, and then you don't have to derail practically every thread you are in with your same old hobby horse?

Danoh

Come on, Danoh, we don't need to hear about how great you think the guy is or how great you think the video is.
What we need is for you to tell us the "great" parts of the video in some details.

You've had me and GT say we would study the videos with ya.
But when it comes to actually putting in the work to study it in detail, you balk and just keep going on about how great your links are (giving little to no details) and keep going on about study approaches instead of getting into the study with us.

As a speaker, the complaint I have is that he could say what he needs to say in half the time.
He has too much "filler" in his videos.
But that's a complaint I have about a lot of speakers on theology.
I'm just not into listening to a 10 minute story of what he did one time in the past, or a conversation he had with so-and-so sometime in the past.
Get to the point and don't be vague about it.
I could listen to 5 other preachers say what he said in the same amount of time it took him to say it once.

I mean, I told what he was saying in just 3 short posts, and it took him 30 minutes.

So just going around telling folks to read this or watch this, without getting involved with the study of it, is mostly going to go in one ear and out the other with most folks.
If you just want to do that, then I'll pass.

Why don't you start a thread about your views on study approaches, and then you don't have to derail practically every thread you are in with your same old hobby horse?

As usual, you prove yourself clueless to another's intent.

The man is too wordy, true.

But I do greatly admire the man's profound understanding. As do MANY within Mid-Acts, in general throughout the world.

It is called great admiration for a great student of the Word of Truth. Not "fawning over."

I feel the same way about O'Hair and others within Mid-Acts, like the BBS's Ricky Kurth, or TCM's the late William P Heath, who was simply a brilliant Bible student and Pastor-Teacher like few.

http://www.tcmusa.org/heath.htm

And I'll take admiration for preachers of righteousness all day long - over a thread comprised of the following in post after post after post by you...

This here is what actual, blind as a bat "fawning over" looks like.

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?127479-MAGA

It is you who need to get your priorities straight.

Exactly why there is never really any lasting peace with and your pals for very long - your priorities are skewed.

O you and your pals talk a good game of "grace" - but everyone on here but you and your pals can clearly see that you are only fooling yourselves and each other.

Get over yourselves already - Christ ALONE is the issue.

The proof?

Rom. 5:6-8 is it.