What is the Gospel?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Okay Danoh, I will watch that video if you promise to debate the context with me after I watch it.

Will you do that?
I'll watch it too, and help you critique it.

In the first 5 minutes he explains that in the verse of:

2 Timothy 2:15
(15) Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.​

"rightly dividing" does not mean to divide the word of truth from error, but to rightly divide the word of truth itself ----- ie.scripture.
Since all of scripture is truth, what this verse is saying is to rightly divide truth from truth.
Certain truths of scripture are to be distinguished from other truths of scripture.

He then goes on to tell us that if we are to rightly divide the word of truth, then we need to know how to do that.

To be continued in next post after watching a few more minutes.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Continuing with video.

He tells us the bible tells us how to rightly divide the word of truth.

He gives an example of why that is important to do.

Genesis 17 records a covenant with Abraham.
Acts 7 it is called the covenant of circumcision.

Genesis 17
(9) And God said unto Abraham, Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations.
(10) This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.
(11) And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you.(12) And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.
(13) He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.
(14) And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.

He says this covenant of circumcision is what Paul refers to as the "middle wall of partition" in Eph 2.

Ephesians 2
(14) For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Paul's message is to be rightly divided / distinguished from the above everlasting covenant of circumcision.

Galatians 5​
(6) For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

Galatians 6​
(15) For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.​

Both, the covenant of circumcision and Paul's message are truths of scripture (the word of truth), but have to be distinguished (rightly divided) from each other.

He gives another example:

Psalms 51 when David anquishes over his sins of adultery and murder to aquire Bathsheba for himself.
He asks GOD to not turn His face from him, and says the following .....

Psalms 51​
(11) Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.​

And Paul's message is ....

Ephesians 4​
(30) And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.​

That's up to about 11 minutes of the video.
To be continued ....

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Continuing with video.

He says Eph 2 tells us how to rightly divide between the covenant of circumcision that was for Israel and Paul's message that was another group that was not under the everlasting covenant of circumcision for Israel (ie. Gentiles).
Gentiles being all other nations that are not Israel.

Ephesians 2
(11) Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;(12) That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
(13) But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
(14) For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

at that time
but now

There's a difference ---- then and now, past and present.

Ephesians 2
(7) That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

ages to come - and now we add a future.

So we have past, present, future.

We are in the present age, in between the everlasting covenant of circumcision, during Israel's temporary fall, and the age to come when Israel will be restored as promised when their Messiah, their Redeemer, comes to them as promised.
The past and future are for Israel.
The present is for the BOC.

Matthew - John is for Israel and their promised kingdom.
The great commission is not for us (BOC), it was for Israel.
And they were told not to go to the Gentiles.

The 12 apostles would one day sit on 12 thrones judging the 12 tribes of Israel in the future promised kingdom with their Messiah.
Paul is not one of the 12 apostles.
Paul is a separate apostle with a separate message for a separate people (the BOC, not Israel).

Romans 11​
(11) I say then, Have they [Israel] stumbled that they [Israel] should fall? God forbid: but rather through their [Israel] fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them [Israel] to jealousy.​
(12) Now if the fall of them [Israel] be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them [Israel] the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their [Israel] fulness?​

(28) As concerning the gospel, they [Israel] are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they [Israel] are beloved for the fathers' sakes.​
(29) For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.​

We are in the mystery age, and age that was not spoken by the prophets, but was kept secret until Paul.

The End.

Danoh

Great job of laying that out, Tam.

Reminds me of a long post of mine some years back that you reformatted so impressively.

And that was the shorter version video you must've watched.

There is a much longer one that goes into much more detail on each aspect.

If you're so inclined this is the 95 minute version. But he touches on so many glorious truths in between that it is quite a rewarding chore to keep up with them all.

"The Tools Needed For Study."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiD7C6KYCd4&app=desktop

And then there is series of videos that really goes into a lot of detail on rightly dividing the word of truth.

Lastly, there are all the individual studies of all sorts of issues - also based on that Three-Fold Principle in Ephesians 2.

And...all the many other great Mid-Acts Based Pastor-Teachers now on YouTube. :thumb:

Again, love how simply you laid all that out. That is a skill I continue to fail miserably at.

It is what it is :chuckle:

Rom. 14:5; 5:6-8.

daqq

If you're so inclined this is the 95 minute version. But he touches on so many glorious truths in between that it is quite a rewarding chore to keep up with them all.

"The Tools Needed For Study."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiD7C6KYCd4&app=desktop

I told myself I would give him a half an hour for starters, (not just now but when I saw this previously), unless I found any catastrophic errors before the half-hour mark, (which occurred between the fifteen and twenty minute mark, where I stopped).

Danoh

I told myself I would give him a half an hour for starters, (not just now but when I saw this previously), unless I found any catastrophic errors before the half-hour mark, (which occurred between the fifteen and twenty minute mark, where I stopped).

:chuckle: Your posts often remind of the following lyrics by Imagination..

Searching for a destiny that's mine
There's another place another time
Touching many hearts along the way yeah
Hoping that I'll never have to say

It's just an illusion, illusion, illusion

Follow your emotions anywhere
Is it really magic in the air

Never let your feelings get you down
Open up your eyes and look around

Rom. 5:6-8 towards ya.

daqq

:chuckle: Your posts often remind of the following lyrics by Imagination..

Searching for a destiny that's mine
There's another place another time
Touching many hearts along the way yeah
Hoping that I'll never have to say

Follow your emotions anywhere
Is it really magic in the air

Never let your feelings get you down
Open up your eyes and look around

Rom. 5:6-8 towards ya.

Yeah, there is something going on here that is illusion alright, lol, and I have been trying to show that the "earnest of the Spirit", which Paul himself speaks of, is the New Spirit of the New Covenant which is the Testimony of the Master found in the Gospel accounts which Paul was handing out and circulating in all the congregations where he went. However the catastrophic error of Hyper-Dispensationalism and the Mid-Acts position, which I am pretty sure I have mentioned on numerous occasions, remains that you and yours cut yourselves off from the Root by imagining that the Testimony of the Messiah in the Gospel accounts was only directed "to the Jews", who according to you and yours "rejected it", and was also according to you and yours, "a different Gospel", that you and yours say was "set aside" or "put on hold" until some other future age or epoch. Meanwhile, because the preacher in the video tells you that you do not need any Greek, (or Hebrew), and because you apparently agree with him, (as you made clear to me earlier in this thread in one of your mildly sarcastic but delightful statements, lol), you have no choice but to go with your preferred English translation which no doubt corrupts and ADDS to the statement of the Master in John 7:39 so as to uphold church dogma, (unless you happen to prefer the YLT which is the only honest rendering of that text I have found, and which I will quote below).

Testimony is Spirit. The Testimony of the Messiah in the Gospel accounts is the New-Renewed Covenant Spirit. The New Spirit of the New Covenant is foretold in the Prophet Ezekiel while the New-Renewed Covenant is foretold in the Prophet Jeremiah as we all know so well. The "earnest of the Spirit" of which Paul speaks is found in the Gospel accounts containing the holy Testimony of the Messiah, which Paul was circulating to all the congregations where he went, which Mid-Acts says was never directed to them because it is a "different Gospel" that has been put on hold or set aside. So the video preacher makes two errors in the small amount which I watched, and one of them is catastrophic: the first is that you do not need to study Greek, the second is that you need the "Holy Spirit", while he does not recognize the fact that according to Paul in many places, (not all, because of course Elohim is Spirit, Holy Spirit), "the Spirit" is the Testimony of Messiah found in the Gospel accounts which Paul was handing out, (and his Testimony is tantamount to his blood because he died for his Testimony). The preacher has taken the onus of truth away from the Testimony of Messiah in the Gospel accounts and placed the onus upon English-translation Bible texts and whether or not you feel you have the "Holy Spirit" telling you what is right or wrong, (yet another reason why there are so many opinions, denominations, and infighting).

Eze 11:19-20, Eze 36:26-27, Jer 31:33, Jhn 7:39 YLT towards ya. :)

Please read very carefully and do not ADD:

John 7:39 YLT
39 and this he said of the Spirit, which those believing in him were about to receive; for not yet was the Holy Spirit, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

The new Spirit of Eze 11:19 and 36:26 was not complete until Messiah cried out, "IT IS FINISHED!"

daqq

Here is another example for ya Danoh, as you probably know, scholarship is pretty much unanimous that the earliest epistle of Paul was the first epistle to the Thessalonians. Yet in what most agree is his earliest known writing we find him saying the following:

1 Thessalonians 4:1-2 KJV
1 Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more.
2 For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus.

Does he mean that he gave them writings? as in one or more of the Gospel accounts containing the commandments and sayings of the Master? It is either that or one must imagine that Paul is playing "middle man" between them and the commandments of the Messiah, having some "secret Gospel" which only he had received. However, if the second option is true, then why does he say the following in the same epistle? in the very next chapter?

1 Thessalonians 5:1-2 KJV
1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

How do they already know perfectly that the day of the Master comes as a thief in the night? If they had Matthew, or Luke, or the Apocalypse, then this would have been no secret to them:

Revelation 16:15
15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

Matthew 24:43-44 KJV
43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

Luke 12:38-40 KJV
38 And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.
39 And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.
40 Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.

Everyone knows that the nighttime hours were divided into watches: the teaching is that the Son of man comes as a thief in the night, right there in Matthew and Luke, and thus the Thessalonians had no need for Paul to write this to them because they already had it delivered unto them in one or more Gospel accounts containing the commandments and sayings of the Messiah. :)

God's Truth

The madists and all faith alone and dispensationalists make major errors.

Before the reformation, it was the Catholics who ruled the Christian scene, and they resorted to torture and murder to make sure their beliefs stayed the only way.

Later came the reformers, they were originally Catholics, but they, in their opposition to the Catholic doctrines made their own false doctrines.

One of their major mistakes was to say that man can do nothing. These reformers misunderstood Paul about no works. They claim Paul means 'no obey', no 'believe', no do anything.

Then came other denominations that said no wait, we are to believe, but right, no obey, and it is okay we say no obey because believing isn't really doing anything.

What a pathetically sad condition of man when Satan gets a hold of people who have not repented of all their false teachings.

God's Truth

Luther did good, calling out his own, the Catholics, telling them all the things they did that were wrong, but he didn't go far enough, and he added some false things about the influence God has over the eventually soon to be saved. In comes some of Luther's imagination spurred on by his good ole college studies on Augustine and Aquinas. From Luther the Catholics horrific apostasies are confronted, but not all of them, such as infant baptism and the real presence of flesh and blood in the wine and bread.

God's Truth

Then John Calvin, a Catholic, and another educated Catholic who studied Augustine and Aquinas. He took it all further than Luther and is father of the false teachings of man can do absolutely nothing, not even believe.
All this stemming from a misunderstanding about what Paul says about no works.

Danoh

Here is another example for ya Danoh, as you probably know, scholarship is pretty much unanimous that the earliest epistle of Paul was the first epistle to the Thessalonians. Yet in what most agree is his earliest known writing we find him saying the following:

1 Thessalonians 4:1-2 KJV
1 Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more.
2 For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus.

Does he mean that he gave them writings? as in one or more of the Gospel accounts containing the commandments and sayings of the Master? It is either that or one must imagine that Paul is playing "middle man" between them and the commandments of the Messiah, having some "secret Gospel" which only he had received. However, if the second option is true, then why does he say the following in the same epistle? in the very next chapter?

1 Thessalonians 5:1-2 KJV
1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

How do they already know perfectly that the day of the Master comes as a thief in the night? If they had Matthew, or Luke, or the Apocalypse, then this would have been no secret to them:

Revelation 16:15
15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

Matthew 24:43-44 KJV
43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

Luke 12:38-40 KJV
38 And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.
39 And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.
40 Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.

Everyone knows that the nighttime hours were divided into watches: the teaching is that the Son of man comes as a thief in the night, right there in Matthew and Luke, and thus the Thessalonians had no need for Paul to write this to them because they already had it delivered unto them in one or more Gospel accounts containing the commandments and sayings of the Messiah. :)

You're just reading into things there, just as you do into our assertions.

Romans 1-3 and 9-11 and Ephesians 1 -3, etc., make it clear not only that God had ONCE MORE temporarily set aside his plan and purpose for this Earth through a one day redeemed NATION Israel "born in a day," and that with the exception of that 1st Century Believing Remnant of Israel whom God sealed, God then basically temporarily concluded Unbelieving Israel AS A NATION in Uncircumcision with the Gentiles and has since been dealing with INDIVIDUAL Jews and Gentiles, as INDIVIDUALS during this Uncircumcision salvation given His Heavenly purpose for the New Agency He has since been forming out of both AS INDIVIDUALS, until the fullness of this GENTILE salvation be come in.

Thessalonians 5 is basically referring to things after the end of this Mystery age, the Thessalonians were told earlier they had been delivered from the wrath of that will follow after the end of this Mystery age.

As for my supposed sarcasm. You and I go back some; I had expected our rapport a bit stronger than that. Get over it; I have nothing against you. All you have to do is compare the things that differ throughout our interactions ever since way back when, and you'll easily find that ours is has been an equal give and take chuckle.

Which reminds me - here - have a :chuckle:

Rom. 5:6-8 towards you.

God's Truth

So then, from the many false teachings of the Catholics put on blast by Luther; which was good except for the added false teachings with nuances of a God doing things to you without your wanting or knowing to get those He saves saved, to the complete blooming of the TULIP doctrines which teaches you are calling God not Supreme if you did anything at all.

daqq

You're just reading into things there, just as you do into our assertions.

Romans 1-3 and 9-11 and Ephesians 1 -3, etc., make it clear not only that God had ONCE MORE temporarily set aside his plan and purpose for this Earth through a one day redeemed NATION Israel "born in a day," and that with the exception of that 1st Century Believing Remnant of Israel whom God sealed, God then basically temporarily concluded Unbelieving Israel AS A NATION in Uncircumcision with the Gentiles and has since been dealing with INDIVIDUAL Jews and Gentiles, as INDIVIDUALS during this Uncircumcision salvation given His Heavenly purpose for the New Agency He has since been forming out of both AS INDIVIDUALS, until the fullness of this GENTILE salvation be come in.

Thessalonians 5 is basically referring to things after the end of this Mystery age, the Thessalonians were told earlier they had been delivered from the wrath of that will follow after the end of this Mystery age.

As for my supposed sarcasm. You and I go back some; I had expected our rapport a bit stronger than that. Get over it; I have nothing against you. All you have to do is compare the things that differ throughout our interactions ever since way back when, and you'll easily find that ours is has been an equal give and take chuckle.

Which reminds me - here - have a :chuckle:

Rom. 5:6-8 towards you.

Nope, that's you reading into the scripture what you wish to read into it: it has always been INDIVIDUAL, and that is why you and yours cannot understand the teachings of Messiah in the Gospel accounts. Israel is a body-temple analogy in the doctrine of the Master, (you have five "lost sheep" on your right and five on your left: and be careful not to abuse them while the HouseMaster is as if away in a far journey, for their angels do always behold the face of the Father who is in your heavens, and the Son of Man came to save that which was lost, (and the Lord is their Avenger as Paul has likewise forewarned you and testified, lol)). Do you truly imagine that literal physical people are your enemies for the sake of the Gospel? What happened to "We wrestle not against flesh and blood"? If they are enemies for your sake concerning the Gospel but beloved of the fathers then put them to sleep: "mortify your members" which are upon your land. Or do you not believe in allegorical language? Ephraim, O partially blind Ephraim, one day you will be fully grafted in, and then you will know as you are known. :chuckle: :chuckle:

God's Truth

The battle of the half siblings is in full force with the faith alone going against their Calvinist brothers; both arguing who obeys God the least, because after all, Paul says no one can do anything, right? WRONG. All this misunderstanding from what Paul was speaking of.

Being saved isn't about who did the least. It isn't a contest on whether believing is really a work deserving of condemnation.

Then come in the madists. They are the faith alone crowd but just can't figure out how we can obey Jesus' teachings, so they claim we do not have to, it was just for the Jews. But since many Jews deny Jesus, there must be another time where the Jews will accept Jesus. But since they don't believe in obeying Jesus, they lack any knowledge of being born again that which is spiritual.

God's Truth

In comes many other strange teachings all connected to the father of lies, and those they call father, like Augustine and Aquinas, and Luther, and Calvin, and all the others not in the Holy Bible but writings they have accepted because it ticked their ears or they were raised believing this and that.

Such a sad and pathetic web of confusion and deceit.

musterion

Then come in the madists. They are the faith alone crowd but just can't figure out how we can obey Jesus' teachings, so they claim we do not have to, it was just for the Jews.

You can't obey Him from the Gospels without seeking to know Him "according to the flesh," which Paul said none today can do. Instead you should believe on Him "according to the revelation of the mystery" but you won't. So you can't do the former and won't believe the latter. That leaves you with nothing of Him and you're self-condemned for it.