What is the Gospel?

marhig

You can say you believe something all you want but if you do not do what it says and teaches then you do not really believe it. The same goes for love: you can say you love God all you want but if you do not care to understand His Word then you are lying to yourself and to others because the only real way to show God that you love Him is to study and spend your valuable time in His Word and truly show Him that you love Him. And if you love Him then it will show in your understanding of His Word because He does not let His children walk in darkness. Look at your friend now: she is attacking my English and writing skills to save her skin, and yet she can hardly speak the language herself.

Daqq I agree with what you say about God's word, what I mean is that people are at all different levels and some won't be as strong as others. I don't mean it as in reading the scriptures, of course we need to read often, I mean having a deeper understanding of them, we should want to read the scriptures when we are born of God, I know you see much in the scriptures, and some of the things you say, they say in our meeting, and I know it's the truth.

I also know what you say is right about the darkness, but even naturally we don't see the light all at once, as the dawn breaks, and the sun rises, everything starts appearing slowly until the sun is fully risen, and so it is with Christ, when the son is risen, we receive light gradually and we see more and more. And you're right, it's not that God let's his children walk in darkness, but they do receive different degrees of light, depending on how much they are willing to lay down their lives for God, Christ and others.

And too much insulting goes on in here in general, its a shame isn't it that we can't talk to one another without it going to the level of personal insults. But I suppose that our nature, and it's yet another thing that we need God's help with to overcome.

daqq

Daqq I agree with what you say about God's word, what I mean is that people are at all different levels and some won't be as strong as others. I don't mean it as in reading the scriptures, of course we need to read often, I mean having a deeper understanding of them, we should want to read the scriptures when we are born of God, I know you see much in the scriptures, and some of the things you say, they say in our meeting, and I know it's the truth.

I also know what you say is right about the darkness, but even naturally we don't see the light all at once, as the dawn breaks, and the sun rises, everything starts appearing slowly until the sun is fully risen, and so it is with Christ, when the son is risen, we receive light gradually and we see more and more. And you're right, it's not that God let's his children walk in darkness, but they do receive different degrees of light, depending on how much they are willing to lay down their lives for God, Christ and others.

And too much insulting goes on in here in general, its a shame isn't it that we can't talk to one another without it going to the level of personal insults. But I suppose that our nature, and it's yet another thing that we need God's help with to overcome.

It is in the Testimony of the Master and likewise in the teachings of Paul: If your right eye offends you, pluck it out and cast it out from you: if your right hand offends you, cut it off and cast it out from you: if your foot is always running swiftly into mischief, cut it off and cast it out from you: mortify, put to death your "members" which are upon the earth: mortify, put to death the deeds of the body: if your "mind" offends you, cut off your "head" and "put on the mind of Messiah". There is one here who recently cut out his own tongue and cast it from him: for he saw all the fires of Gehenna that his tongue had set ablaze, (and I do not speak of myself in this but merely what I have witnessed in this thread). :)

Last edited:

marhig

The parable of the pharisee and the publican is talking about those who are forever boasting in what they DO. That is people like you and Meshak and God's Untruth. Always talking about how you "die to self", obey, and love everybody.

Pharisees, like you folks, are NOT in Christ.

Those in Christ do not boast of what they are able do to with God's HELP, or are required to do for His Love. I realize you don't know the difference, but there is a difference.

Well, I believe that to speak about what God has done for us and how he has helped us glorifies God. Because without him we couldn't do it. I'm not saying that I'm good, I know I'm not. I'm saying that I need God daily to help me as without him I'd fall like a stone.

And I have to explain myself, because if I don't, and I don't explain that it's God that is helping me, then I get accused of boasting about my works, or I get told that I'm a worker bee etc.

Luckily it's God who judges me!

And those who are like the pharasees are those who think they are all right before God, yet they look down at others as unsaved, or as not belonging to God and Christ because they don't believe as they do, and see themselves as saved and righteous and off they are going to heaven regardless of how they live. Constantly judging other without knowing their hearts.

glorydaz

Luckily it's God who judges me!

Then you'd best trust in His righteousness ALONE.

And those who are like the pharasees are those who think they are all right before God, yet they look down at others as unsaved, or as not belonging to God and Christ because they don't believe as they do, and see themselves as saved and righteous and off they are going to heaven regardless of how they live. Constantly judging other without knowing their hearts.

Nope. You made that up. Look up the verses that talk about Pharisees.

AND THE PART IN YELLOW.......This is exactly what I've been talking about. You don't have a clue what it means to submit to the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD.

Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:​

marhig

Then you'd best trust in His righteousness ALONE.

Nope. You made that up. Look up the verses that talk about Pharisees.

AND THE PART IN YELLOW.......This is exactly what I've been talking about. You don't have a clue what it means to submit to the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD.

Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:​
And to be made righteous is to have the life of Christ in us through faith by the grace of God, changing our hearts to be more like his. Thus his righteousness is seen in and through us by the power of the Spirit.

True faith is more than just saying we believe, once we have true faith will will start living by the will of God, and our lives will decrease and the life of Christ will increase within our hearts and we will start to produce the fruit of the Spirit.

There's more to faith than just saying we have it, if we have true faith we will completely trust in God and live by his word daily, turning from sin, living by the will of God through Christ.

glorydaz

And to be made righteous is to have the life of Christ in us through faith by the grace of God, changing our hearts to be more like his. Thus his righteousness is seen in and through us by the power of the Spirit.

Submitting to the righteousness of God means we are justified by FAITH.

True faith is more than just saying we believe, once we have true faith will will start living by the will of God, and our lives will decrease and the life of Christ will increase within our hearts and we will start to produce the fruit of the Spirit.

There's more to faith than just saying we have it, if we have true faith we will completely trust in God and live by his word daily, turning from sin, living by the will of God through Christ.

Indeed, and I see you saying you have faith. I just don't see evidence of that.
You claim you are to produce the fruit of the Spirit, for example.

marhig

Submitting to the righteousness of God means we are justified by FAITH.

Indeed, and I see you saying you have faith. I just don't see evidence of that.
You claim you are to produce the fruit of the Spirit, for example.

Faith without works is dead. As James says

James 2

What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

And I'm not talking about our works, but the works of God as he through love and by his grace changes our hearts through Christ to be more like him. And we then carry those works outwardly, and thats how we will know those who have true faith, they will have the fruit of the spirit in their lives, and the life of Christ will be seen through them.

Anyway, it's late here, I'm off to bed

glorydaz

James 2

What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

And I'm not talking about our works, but the works of God as he through love and by his grace changes our hearts through Christ to be more like him. And we then carry those works outwardly, and thats how we will know those who have true faith, they will have the fruit of the spirit in their lives, and the life of Christ will be seen through them.

Yep, off to bed and still on the wrong side of the cross.

Why quote James and then disagree with what he said? :popcorn:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Yep, off to bed and still on the wrong side of the cross.

Why quote James and then disagree with what he said? :popcorn:
Yes, as you put it earlier, there are those who believe everything before the Cross yet they don't believe exactly what The Lord and Savior Jesus Christ accomplished on the Cross. They also do not believe what happened AFTER the Cross. :noway:

Danoh

James 2

Here - lets see how honest you truly are - a very important video study for to you sit down to, with pen and paper in hand, throughout...

"The Tools Needed For Study"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiD7C6KYCd4&app=desktop

After you're done with that, see what you then make of some of your understandings; fair enough?

And should you take me up on this, you will be the very first person on here honest enough about his claim of being into a right understanding of the Scripture to have done that much.

Think about that a sec. One would think the honest Bible student would turn every rock over that might possibly help him or her in their better study of the Word.

Hopefully, you'll be the exception.

Acts 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures, 17:3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. 17:12 Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.

Rom. 5:6-11.

glorydaz

Peter and Paul did not teach different gospels.

Mark 3:25 If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand.

Good grief. You use a verse about the blasphemy that Jesus was casting out demons by the power of satan to compare the Gospels preached to the Jews and the Gentiles?

You just pop off with nonsense like this as if you had a clue. :nono:

God's Truth

Good grief. You use a verse about the blasphemy that Jesus was casting out demons by the power of satan to compare the Gospels preached to the Jews and the Gentiles?

You just pop off with nonsense like this as if you had a clue. :nono:

Do you really think that is the only thing it is about when Jesus says PLAINLY a HOUSE divided?

Here Jesus speaks about a kingdom divided:

Mark 3:24
If a kingdom is divided against itself, it cannot stand.

Are you really that ignorant?

Do you think Jesus is saying Satan's kingdom cannot be divided but his can be?

Danoh

Do you really think that is the only thing that is about when Jesus says PLAINLY a HOUSE divided?

True.

The leaven of the Pharisees being an example.

Their traditions having made the commandment of God of none effect having been another example of that principle.

But that still does not prove the point you attempted to use that obvious principle to.

That how to properly study video...ever awaits you...

Rom. 5:6-8.

God's Truth

True.

The leaven of the Pharisees being an example.

Their traditions having made the commandment of God of none effect having been another example of that principle.

But that still does not prove the point you attempted to use that obvious principle to.

That how to properly study video...ever awaits you...

Rom. 5:6-8.

Why won't you believe what Jesus says?

Jesus isn't going to say it is okay for his kingdom to be divided.

If you haven't learned that much from your videos, then why would I watch them?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
wow, you are agreeing with the one who have been belittleintg and insulting me with the help of others.

Just amazing. Here I thought you were much more mature than me, and go down to that level.

Was that so hurtful for me to disagree with you?

I didn't know you were so sensitive.

I apologize.
It bothers you if marhig agrees with somebody? Since you don't know if you are saved yet, tell me how and why you will go to heaven, if you do.

God's Truth

wow, you are agreeing with the one who have been belittleintg and insulting me with the help of others.

Just amazing. Here I thought you were much more mature than me, and go down to that level.

Was that so hurtful for me to disagree with you?

I didn't know you were so sensitive.

I apologize.

So many unstable here. You being a major one.