What is the Gospel?

john w

Hall of Fame

Jamie Gigliotti

But it was not the "good news." The gospel is the news of the KOG.

Jesus revealed the kingdom of God through himself, what He said, what did and brought it to us through the reconciling work of the Cross through faith so that the power of His kingdom can live in us, bringing power for healing hearts, minds and bodies. The kingdom is at hand in surrendered lives to Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit! Unified through the Holy Spirit into oneness with Him. The body of Christ.

john w

Hall of Fame
Jesus taught the guidelines for the new covenant, and he told everyone he would suffer and die for the forgiveness of sins.

Luke 24:44 He said to them, "This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms."

Luke 18 was after the fact, you demonic lush. Luke 18 KJV-it was hid from them, you ignorant embarrassment. The lush cannot even read.

Nowhere in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, at least prior to the death, burial, resurrection, will you find 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV being preached as the "good news", the basis for our salvation and justification.

And you can't produce one verse, that shows they did, you lush, even after others, for years, have asked you.

john w

Hall of Fame
Just to reiterate:

Matthew 9:35: Jesus was going through all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom,and healing every kind of disease and every kind of sickness.

So, you assert that Judas preached the 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV good news?

dataylor

False dichotomy. Sell all you have.

Thus the words of Jesus Christ have no effect on you. How sad.

See how that works?

John, with the way you take things out of context, you would make a great pastor.

As a Christian, I have given over $300,000 to charities.

How much have YOU given?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
John, with the way you take things out of context, you would make a great pastor.

How much have YOU given?

Almost all of the New Testiment is Jesus according to Paul's remixed gospel appealing to the Romans. Today we are born into that Roman version. But now we can ask questions and the church can't set us on fire.

john w

Hall of Fame

How much have YOU given?

Wow! The old reliable "out of context" ploy.

Made up. Defend your "argument:"

"Thus the words of Jesus Christ have no effect...

How sad."-you

Sell all you have.

I thought so, you sanctimonious, self righteous charlatan, fraud, conning the sheep/babes.

"As a Christian, I have given over $300,000 to charities."-you

And? You wicked scribe, man pleaser, as it is written:

"Beware of the scribes, which desire to walk in long robes, and love greetings in the markets, and the highest seats in the synagogues, and the chief rooms at feasts;"-Luke 20:46 KJV

dataylor

Wow! The old reliable "out of context" ploy.

Made up. Defend your "argument:"

"Thus the words of Jesus Christ have no effect...

How sad."-you

Sell all you have.

I thought so, you sanctimonious, self righteous charlatan, fraud, conning the sheep/babes.

"As a Christian, I have given over $300,000 to charities."-you

And? You wicked scribe, man pleaser, as it is written:

"Beware of the scribes, which desire to walk in long robes, and love greetings in the markets, and the highest seats in the synagogues, and the chief rooms at feasts;"-Luke 20:46 KJV

Saint John unmasked: as the Holy Spirit grips him by the throat to express phrases of love to his brethren.

dataylor

Who said you were one of the brethren, that we are on "the same team?"

Jesus Christ:

"But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. "If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat also. "Whoever forces you to go one mile, go with him two. "Give to him who asks of you, and do not turn away from him who wants to borrow from you. "You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.' "But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. "For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? "If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? "Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect (Mat 5:39-48).

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is the Gospel;

1 Corinthians 15:1-4Modern English Version (MEV)

The Resurrection of Christ
15 Now, brothers, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which you have received, and in which you stand.

2 Through it you are saved, if you keep in memory what I preached to you, unless you have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: how Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,

4 was buried, rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,

john w

Hall of Fame
Jesus Christ:

"But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. "If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat also. "Whoever forces you to go one mile, go with him two. "Give to him who asks of you, and do not turn away from him who wants to borrow from you. "You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.' "But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. "For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? "If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? "Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect (Mat 5:39-48).

1.Wow! Impressive! Just post verse, and, wala, you think you inpressed the TOL audience! Seen it before, rummy. You bore us.

2. Out of context! You taught me that-I learned that from you.

3.The Lord Jesus Christ:

Luke 18:22 KJV

Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

Mark 1:44 KJV

And saith unto him, See thou say nothing to any man: but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer for thy cleansing those things which Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

Matthew 16:20 KJV

Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

4. When in doubt, "choose c."

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Most of my life, I've heard the "gospel" described as "Jesus dying for our sins so we can be saved." Yet when I read the statements of Jesus in the Bible, they say something different. For example:

Matthew 4:23*Jesus was going throughout all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming*the gospel of the kingdom,and healing every kind of disease and every kind of sickness among the people.

Matthew 9:35*Jesus was going through all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming*the gospel of the kingdom,and healing every kind of disease and every kind of sickness.

Matthew 10:5-7*These twelve Jesus sent out after instructing them: “Do not go in the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter any city of the Samaritans; but rather go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as you go,*preach,saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

Mark 1:14-15*Now after John had been taken into custody, Jesus came into Galilee,*preaching the gospel of God,and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and*the kingdom of God is at hand;repent and believe*in the gospel.”

These passages seem to indicate that Jesus defined His good news (gospel), as the soon coming Kingdom of God. And here is something else. In the NASB, Jesus uses the word "saved" eleven times; while Heuses the word "salvation" only two times. However, Jesus uses the phrase "Kingdom of God" 50 times, while He uses the phrase "Kingdom of Heaven" 29 times. Thus Jesus emphasized the God's Kingdom far more than He did salvation.

Question: Should Christians use Jesus' definition of the gospel? Or should Christians stick to the "gospel of salvation?"
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

To be blunt, the word "gospel" is translated as evangelion which means "good news."

The good news is the Kingdom of God as indicated by the parables and actions of Jesus of Nazareth.

I think it's regrettable and ultimately fatal to the faith that Christians would rather see Jesus "AS" Son of God, Messiah, Killed for our sins, Lord, etc. instead of a teacher of the Good News.

Why does the theology of men trump the actions and words of the "Perfect One"?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It is truly sad that an exclusive focus on Jesus and a moral Christian life is so disruptive and alarming for TheologyOnline.

Shame on TOL for banning voices they don't agree with! The mark of any tyranny is the inability to deal with diversity. It is only the dictatorial, authoritarian who look at any challenge to their autocratic rules as dangerous and in need of annihilation.

The victimization, the anger covering up shame and the immaturity of most folks on this website is truly astonishing to me.

Nevertheless, I will continue to stress the authentic parabolic teachings of Jesus as well as connecting myself and the world to the great moral epic of the Hebrew Bible and the New Testament.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Luke 14:11 For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted."

Jesus taught the guidelines for the new covenant, and he told everyone he would suffer and die for the forgiveness of sins.

Luke 24:44 He said to them, "This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms."

Psalm 16:10
because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, nor will you let your faithful one see decay.

Matthew 1:22
All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet:

Luke 9:22
And he said, "The Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life."

Luke 9:44
"Listen carefully to what I am about to tell you: The Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men."

Luke 18:31
Jesus took the Twelve aside and told them, "We are going up to Jerusalem, and everything that is written by the prophets about the Son of Man will be fulfilled.

Luke 22:37
It is written: 'And he was numbered with the transgressors'; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment."

Luke 24:6
He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee:

Luke 24:26
Did not the Messiah have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?"

Luke 24:27
And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.

Luke 24:46
He told them, "This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day,

Acts 2:27
because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, you will not let your holy one see decay.

Acts 13:40
Take care that what the prophets have said does not happen to you:

...And you think that proves your false gospel how?

Just as Jesus SAID WHILE he walked the earth...you must believe in him to be saved.

There is only one gospel.

LOL, look at gt trying to respond to a saint john w super post - HA !! :patrol:

dataylor

It's only through advertising one's self as a vendor of "salvation" that churches and their leaders can extract power, prestige, and money from God's people.

The good news of the Kingdom of God simply will not serve in this purpose.

God's Truth

The plan was to reveal the gospel that gospel was rejected now people say being rejected was the gospel that doesn't make any sense.
Just because someone says they are a Christian, it does not mean they are and it does not mean the explanations they give to the scriptures are true.

The gospel was and is still rejected by many.

Jesus never taught forgiveness by human sacrifice .but it does give the primitive mind something to believe in until we can get to the age of Enlightenment when people will return to the original gospel of the kingdom of heaven salvation by faith from a loving God who is our father.

Jesus taught that we are made clean by faith in his blood, his blood that was sacrificed for us on the cross.

We have to have faith that Jesus' blood cleans us and that we become the temple of the Living God.

Don't you believe we have to be made clean before we are reconciled to God and become the temple of His Spirit?

God's Truth

=This embarrassment said absolutely nothing, muttering grunts, disjointed spam, as usual.

=once again, Cousin It agrees that she is satanic, asserting, on record, that there is onlly one piece of good news in the book.

Made up, you scammer, satanist, embarrassment. We smell your sulfur, you wicked child of satan.

You sure get riled up when I tell you we have to obey Jesus.

God's Truth

Luke 18 was after the fact, you demonic lush. Luke 18 KJV-it was hid from them, you ignorant embarrassment. The lush cannot even read.

Nowhere in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, at least prior to the death, burial, resurrection, will you find 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV being preached as the "good news", the basis for our salvation and justification.

And you can't produce one verse, that shows they did, you lush, even after others, for years, have asked you.

Jesus said HE TOLD THEM WHILE HE WAS STILL WITH THEM.

You are calling Jesus all those names.