What is the Gospel?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jesus was preaching to the lost sheep of Israel; NOT Gentiles yet. AFTER Jesus was crucified, buried and resurrected and AFTER He ascended, Jesus returned to many. He returned to Paul separately and gave Paul the gospel of our Salvation. whatever you do, don't listen to God's Truth. don't listen to me either except the part about God's Truth. others will tell you - :patrol:

Good post

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Seeing there is neither Jew or Gentile, Male or Female in Christ the ethnic/gender labels used in the symbols/parabolic stories in the scripture, only veil the truth when taken has being historic 2Cor3:6.

The wall that separates is in the mind/temple, a veil that forbids the lower thoughts of the animal/beast/flesh in bondage to the elements/matter/Dead Luke 15:45 Romans 7:9, from entering into the vault/ark/ through the way, the peniel gland Gen 32:30 of Divine sight in the temple/mind the kingdom of heaven.

Literally speaking the gospel was revealed to Abraham before hand Galatians 3:8 and dealt with the flesh vs spirit teaching in Galatians so there is no other so called gospels, which is a revelation based message, no man under the mentality of the lower mind can enter that space within and open the vault of the Divine new born Galatians 1:12 3:2. Galatians 4:28 shows that birth happen in us just like it did in Abram, Luke 17:20-21 in the kingdom of IS-RA-EL .

You post like there's something wrong with you? You have a screw loose in your head.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The Gospel is the "Good News" that Jesus justifies the ungodly without works, Romans 4:5 and has reconciled us and the world unto himself, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

Paul also said that the Gospel is... "The power of God unto salvation to every one that believes" Romans 1:16.

The Gospel is about Jesus Christ and how he has in our name and on our behalf victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil, Colossians 2:15.

Jesus acceptance into heaven is our acceptance, we are accepted in him. God now sees us "In Christ" and Christ is in heaven, Colossians 3:3.

In Jesus Christ we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30.

Good post.

Zeke

You post like there's something wrong with you? You have a screw loose in your head.

The flesh walking with the dead letter of historic fable, can't grasp the spiritual message of that dead almond branch, keep reading some day the revelation will explode within that dogma house you bark from.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Paul and Barnabas preached the gospel of the kingdom of God.

"We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God." (Acts 14:22 NKJV)​

No. Paul preached the "Grace Message." However, you're a "hyper-Calvinist" like B57 and can't understand that.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If you take time to post, it needs to be logical and coherent
otherwise, posters will write you off as, not all there, mentally.

Understand what I'm saying Zeke?

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
Paul and Barnabas preached the gospel of the kingdom of God.

"We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God." (Acts 14:22 NKJV)​

No, Paul and Barnabas preached the Gospel that justifies ungodly sinners without works, Romans 4:5 and reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

PureX

Jesus was preaching to the lost sheep of Israel; NOT Gentiles yet. AFTER Jesus was crucified, buried and resurrected and AFTER He ascended, Jesus returned to many. He returned to Paul separately and gave Paul the gospel of our Salvation. whatever you do, don't listen to God's Truth. don't listen to me either except the part about God's Truth. others will tell you - :patrol:
It's an interesting situation; in that Jesus' message really transcends religion, and yet he was a practicing Jew, preaching mostly to other Jews. And so many of the things he is purported to have said are things that would have been intended for Jewish listeners. And yet he seems also to have welcomed and ministered to non-Jews, too.

I am not a Jew, and I do not believe I need to embrace Jewish theology to be a Christian, as many Christians today seem to insist they do. Judaism is not evangelical and does not seek converts. And it never has. So even though Jesus was a Jew, he was not seeking our conversion to his religious tradition.

What he was doing, instead, was offering us all a whole new way of perceiving and relating ourselves to God that would fulfill his 'gospel' promises whether we are Jewish or not. So that there are various ways of understanding the gospel, via the Judaic tradition, and otherwise.

heir

TOL Subscriber
What he was doing, instead, was offering us all a whole new way of perceiving and relating ourselves to God that would fulfill his 'gospel' promises whether we are Jewish or not. So that there are various ways of understanding the gospel, via the Judaic tradition, and otherwise.
He was sent, but unto the lost sheep of the House of Israel as a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers.

Matthew 15:22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.

Matthew 15:23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.

Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Matthew 15:25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.

Matthew 15:26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.

Romans 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Most of my life, I've heard the "gospel" described as "Jesus dying for our sins so we can be saved." Yet when I read the statements of Jesus in the Bible, they say something different. For example:

Matthew 4:23*Jesus was going throughout all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming*the gospel of the kingdom,and healing every kind of disease and every kind of sickness among the people.

Matthew 9:35*Jesus was going through all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming*the gospel of the kingdom,and healing every kind of disease and every kind of sickness.

Matthew 10:5-7*These twelve Jesus sent out after instructing them: “Do not go in the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter any city of the Samaritans; but rather go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as you go,*preach,saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

Mark 1:14-15*Now after John had been taken into custody, Jesus came into Galilee,*preaching the gospel of God,and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and*the kingdom of God is at hand;repent and believe*in the gospel.”

These passages seem to indicate that Jesus defined His good news (gospel), as the soon coming Kingdom of God. And here is something else. In the NASB, Jesus uses the word "saved" eleven times; while Heuses the word "salvation" only two times. However, Jesus uses the phrase "Kingdom of God" 50 times, while He uses the phrase "Kingdom of Heaven" 29 times. Thus Jesus emphasized the God's Kingdom far more than He did salvation.

Question: Should Christians use Jesus' definition of the gospel? Or should Christians stick to the "gospel of salvation?"

You are a wise person, you see the simple truth; Jesus taught a gospel for 3+ years before the cross.

If the Jews had accepted the original gospel, they would be teaching that Gospel from Jerusalem and Jesus would have simply vanished and retuned to his rightful place on high.

But what happened???? Well, the Jews were not receptive.....but the Gentile world was more open to Paul's new gospel about the cross because the Pagan world already had ideas of blood sacrifice, blood drinking rituals, sacrifice of a human/divine man to atone for the sins of mankind.

You asked what the "good news" gospel was/i? It is this, All men and women of the earth are Sons and Daughters of the Living God, that by faith we may realize this ennobling truth, and by this same faith...and the responsibility that comes with sonship, we are saved.

For the Jews Yahweh was a national God rather than a personal God, man was constantly estranged from God and could only hope to be adopted via rituals and sacrifices. The yoke of Judaism for the average poor Jew was staggering! The good news of natural sonship, of Gods unconditional love for his children was like cool water on parched earth.

Interplanner

You are a wise person, you see the simple truth; Jesus taught a gospel for 3+ years before the cross.

If the Jews had accepted the original gospel, they would be teaching that Gospel from Jerusalem and Jesus would have simply vanished and retuned to his rightful place on high.

But what happened???? Well, the Jews were not receptive.....but the Gentile world was more open to Paul's new gospel about the cross because the Pagan world already had ideas of blood sacrifice, blood drinking rituals, sacrifice of a human/divine man to atone for the sins of mankind.

You asked what the "good news" gospel was/i? It is this, All men and women of the earth are Sons and Daughters of the Living God, that by faith we may realize this ennobling truth, and by this same faith...and the responsibility that comes with sonship, we are saved.

For the Jews Yahweh was a national God rather than a personal God, man was constantly estranged from God and could only hope to be adopted via rituals and sacrifices. The yoke of Judaism for the average poor Jew was staggering! The good news of natural sonship, of Gods unconditional love for his children was like cool water on parched earth.

That kingdom he taught would be empowered by the cross. That is why it figures in to things for all three years. From 'behold the sacrificial lamb of God' or 'destroy this temple (my body) and I will raise it in 3 days' to the end.

He never offered a theocracy that was victorious over neighbors. Not then, not future.

dataylor

Here is something that gives a little perspective to the church, the Kingdom, and Christ's gospel:

Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has chosen gladly to give you the kingdom (Luke 12:32).

Caino

BANNED
Banned
That kingdom he taught would be empowered by the cross. That is why it figures in to things for all three years. From 'behold the sacrificial lamb of God' or 'destroy this temple (my body) and I will raise it in 3 days' to the end.

He never offered a theocracy that was victorious over neighbors. Not then, not future.

Contingency planning. Jesus knew he wasn't the Jewish Messiah, as they conceived of it, and he knew the Jews were going to reject the original gospel. So he decided to let the heavenly Father untangle the mess.

The Jews were Messiah minded and sacrifice minded so it is no surprise that the Jewish followers of Jesus tended to put the new wine into the old wineskins and sew the new cloth onto the old. Human speculation leading to compromise and contamination were inevitable. Evidence for this is the diversity of opinion on TOL and among all other believers.

It is absurd to teach that Jesus preached Christ and him crucified ( as a gospel) at the same time he excoriated the Jews for the rejection.