What is the Gospel?

God's Truth

Refusing to acknowledge to whom the Lord was sent while on earth is rebellion against 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV. In your refusal to grow up, you will continue to be tossed to and fro (Ephesians 4:14 KJV).

Jesus came for those who already belonged to God by faith, the rest of the Jews were cut off and bound over to the place of the Gentiles.

John 17:6 "I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word.

God's Truth

Yes, you are!
That which was spoken since the world began (Acts 3:21 KJV) is not the same as that which was kept secret since the world began (Romans 16:25 KJV)!

It was kept secret that God would come as a Man named Jesus and would die for us, and that all could be saved by faith in Jesus.

heir

TOL Subscriber
It was kept secret that God would come as a Man named Jesus and would die for us, and that all could be saved by faith in Jesus.
The point stands! Things that are different are not the same! That which was spoken since the world began is not the same as that which was kept secret since the world began! :cigar:

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Most of my life, I've heard the "gospel" described as "Jesus dying for our sins so we can be saved." Yet when I read the statements of Jesus in the Bible, they say something different. For example:

Matthew 4:23*Jesus was going throughout all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming*the gospel of the kingdom,and healing every kind of disease and every kind of sickness among the people.

Matthew 9:35*Jesus was going through all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming*the gospel of the kingdom,and healing every kind of disease and every kind of sickness.

Matthew 10:5-7*These twelve Jesus sent out after instructing them: “Do not go in the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter any city of the Samaritans; but rather go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as you go,*preach,saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

Mark 1:14-15*Now after John had been taken into custody, Jesus came into Galilee,*preaching the gospel of God,and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and*the kingdom of God is at hand;repent and believe*in the gospel.”

These passages seem to indicate that Jesus defined His good news (gospel), as the soon coming Kingdom of God. And here is something else. In the NASB, Jesus uses the word "saved" eleven times; while Heuses the word "salvation" only two times. However, Jesus uses the phrase "Kingdom of God" 50 times, while He uses the phrase "Kingdom of Heaven" 29 times. Thus Jesus emphasized the God's Kingdom far more than He did salvation.

Question: Should Christians use Jesus' definition of the gospel? Or should Christians stick to the "gospel of salvation?"

The term Gospel was a military term in the first century not a religious one.
It was used by soldiers who after defeating an enemy upon returning to their city walls would cry out "evangellion"! That is to say that the enemy has been vanquished and those within the walls have been saved!

God's Truth

You can't even follow your own argument :dizzy:

You said:

No, they're not 1 Peter 1:1 KJV

It is not as you say about me, and definitely not what you say about the Bible.

Peter's words are for all!

All scripture is God breathed and is useful for rebuking.

God's Truth

The point stands! Things that are different are not the same! That which was spoken since the world began is not the same as that which was kept secret since the world began!

It has ALWAYS been about believing and obeying God.

God's Truth

GT dwells in a vile body, laden with sin. And she will commit sins daily until the day she dies.

So will we all.

She is not fooling anyone.

What you say is nothing like what God says.

Hebrews 10:10 and by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Hebrews 10:14 because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy

Hebrews 11:40 since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

Hebrews 12:13 And so Jesus also suffered outside the city gate to make the people holy through his own blood.

Hebrews 12:23 to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect,

Hebrews 2:11 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters.

John 17:19 John 17:19 For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified

Ephesians 5:26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,

God's Truth

I am holy, perfect, and sanctified.

That is what Jesus' blood did for me.

Now I live up to that.

2 Peter 1:10
Therefore, my brothers and sisters, make every effort to confirm your calling and election.

Philippians 3:16 Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

Ephesians 4:1 As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.

Colossians 1:10
so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God,

Colossians 2:6
So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him,

1 Thessalonians 2:12
encouraging, comforting and urging you to live lives worthy of God, who calls you into his kingdom and glory.

1 Thessalonians 4:1
As for other matters, brothers and sisters, we instructed you how to live in order to please God, as in fact you are living. Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more.

King James Bible
2 Thessalonians 1:11 Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power:

2 Thessalonians 1:5 It is a clear evidence of God’s righteous judgment that you will be counted worthy of God’s kingdom, for which you also are suffering,