What is the express image of God?

StanJ

What has been shown as troubling among Christians is their rationality and their logic that mandates their taking their sacred, symbolic and metaphorical language literally.

Of course, in this respect they are exactly like the atheists they denounce.

The difference is Christians believe in these while atheists and agnostics declare it all nonsense.

For example, the theological construct that Jesus was born of a virgin speaks to the importance of Jesus and not to the biology of Mary.

Virgins do not give birth in the real world so atheists are quite comfortable denying this symbolic conclusion. And the Christians continue to actually believe this term.

You're sounding more confused everyday.

lifeisgood

What has been shown as troubling among Christians is their rationality and their logic that mandates their taking their sacred, symbolic and metaphorical language literally.

Of course, in this respect they are exactly like the atheists they denounce.

The difference is Christians believe in these while atheists and agnostics declare it all nonsense.

For example, the theological construct that Jesus was born of a virgin speaks to the importance of Jesus and not to the biology of Mary.

Virgins do not give birth in the real world so atheists are quite comfortable denying this symbolic conclusion. And the Christians continue to actually believe this term.

Christian?

keypurr

I'm NOT like you keypurr...I believe God and His WRITTEN word.

You don't show that to others Stan. I have no doubt that you have a love for the truth but you have not found it yet. My thoughts come from a deep study into his words, I am still learning from them friend. The facts are that God sent his son Christ to bring us knowledge of our creator. It is there for all to see but most will not see it. As you said once we must come to him as a child and he will enlighten or hearts and minds of him. Thank God for Christ for God created him. He is God's exact image.

StanJ

You don't show that to others Stan. I have no doubt that you have a love for the truth but you have not found it yet. My thoughts come from a deep study into his words, I am still learning from them friend. The facts are that God sent his son Christ to bring us knowledge of our creator. It is there for all to see but most will not see it. As you said once we must come to him as a child and he will enlighten or hearts and minds of him. Thank God for Christ for God created him. He is God's exact image.

How would YOU know? You're BLIND.

Learning is moving forward keypurr...not backwards INTO apostasy like you've done. You have NEVER posted A fact since you've been here.

lifeisgood

You are saying, keypurr, that God created a being and that created being, replacing God, created everything.

You have rejected the love of the truth, the great I am, and worship a created being.

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12 --- "And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness."

Ben Masada

Ben there is a huge gap between being made in the image of God and being made as the express image of God. Express image would be an exact copy, a spirit like God. Man is in the image of God but in what way? His ability to think and reason? I think so friend.

I see this express image as a created spiritual son, a form of God for the Father gave him his fullness, yet not God. There is only one true God, the Father.

God has neither image nor form and, as Jesus himself said, God is a Spirit. (John 4:24) Spirits project no image or form for being incorporeal.

StanJ

God has neither image nor form and, as Jesus himself said, God is a Spirit. (John 4:24) Spirits project no image or form for being incorporeal.

Not so...God said He did in Gen 1:26-27. What is necessary is to understand what the image is that is being referred to. As man is tripartite and having been created by God, then God is tripartite.

keypurr

You are saying, keypurr, that God created a being and that created being, replacing God, created everything.

You have rejected the love of the truth, the great I am, and worship a created being.

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12 --- "And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness."

What I am saying is God created his exact image, a spirit being like himself. Then God created everything else THROUGH that spirit being. This is the truth of Heb 1, Col 1 and Phil 2. I have check it out in at least 30 translations, and I find it to be a fact. This created spiritual son was given the fullness of the Father, he is a godlike creature. The first born of all creatures as recorded in Col 1:15. This is the spirit Christ. This is the son God sent front heaven, not Jesus. This son needed a body prepared for him so he could become flesh. Heb 10:5.

I did not write the Bible LIG, I only read it.

keypurr

True, so his express image would also be a spirit. Heb 1:3, Col 1:15.

The son he created is a spiritual son, this spirit son became flesh in the the body of Jesus.

Consider that if I am right the scriptures might make more sense to you. It did me friend.

keypurr

How would YOU know? You're BLIND.

Learning is moving forward keypurr...not backwards INTO apostasy like you've done. You have NEVER posted A fact since you've been here.

I am so far ahead Stan that you can not understand my thoughts. Pray harder for wisdom.

StanJ

What I am saying is God created his exact image, a spirit being like himself. Then God created everything else THROUGH that spirit being. This is the truth of Heb 1, Col 1 and Phil 2. I have check it out in at least 30 translations, and I find it to be a fact. This created spiritual son was given the fullness of the Father, he is a godlike creature. The first born of all creatures as recorded in Col 1:15. This is the spirit Christ. This is the son God sent front heaven, not Jesus. This son needed a body prepared for him so he could become flesh. Heb 10:5.

You have been refuted about this on dozens of posts keypurr...here is the latest;

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4400796&postcount=352

lifeisgood

I know you read the Bible, keypurr, but your understanding just so happen to be given to you by an angel of light.

You say you worship a created being that was possessed by a Christ spirit at His baptism.

You have never answered what happened to the spirit Jesus had before He was POSSESSED by your Christ spirit at His baptism?

lifeisgood

Just a question, keypurr, what do you do with John 5:23?

Why did Jesus say we have to honor Him as we honor the Father.

Even your NWT Bible says 'just as'.

StanJ

That only backs up my thoughts Stan. You just disproved your argument.

and the same old false assertions even when it comes to actually reading something. IF you DID read this, then you did so with the SAME lack of comprehension you do with everything you read.