What is the express image of God?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Not true, keypurr, that was for the OT times because Jesus Christ had not come yet and not gone to the Cross of Calvary. OT saints were waiting for the God and Savior Jesus Christ to come and take them with Him and He did.

The OT saints are with their God and Savior Jesus Christ right now in Heaven. The Bible says so. Remember my God and Savior Jesus Christ took captivity captive with Him.

Now, NT times, when a saved person dies he/she is absent from the body and goes to be immediately at home in the presence of their God and Savior Jesus Christ.

Amen

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have heard that before but I do not agree with it.

The dead are dead, their thoughts perish and their breath goes back to God who gave it. We will all wait in our graves for the return of our Lord.

Not so Keypurr. You did not read Lifeisgood's post

2 Corinthians 5:8 King James Version (KJV)

8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

keypurr

Impersonation of Attributes - Genesis 1:26

"Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. Let them have dominion over... the whole earth."

The above passage of Genesis has been for years the trump card in the hands of Trinitarians to drop at the right time in the assumed thought that it will guarantee them to clean up the table, so to speak. Well, let them think again, because I have news. It's no longer that easy.

Elohim is incorporeal, and incorporeality reflects no image. But then again, how to harmonize the use of the pronouns in the plural form? The attributes of God, which are part of His essence, were impersonately involved in the formation of man.

Bear in mind that only in the creation of man was the statement issued: To make man at God's image. Since God has no visible image, and man does, it's only obvious that man's image would be according to God's attributes. Therefore, His attributes in a relative portion, were the active agent in the formation of man.

Now, it's imperative to focus on the pronouns used by the sacred writer, since the pronouns are anyways what Trinitarians use to think they have made their day. "Let US make MAN in OUR image and likeness. And let THEM have dominion over everything on earth."

Now, focus on the word MAN. It is in the singular form. Nevertheless, the purpose is for THEM to dominate the earth. If THEM were a reference to man, a clarification would be in order to explain the discrepancy in the Grammar. I mean, that it would be a reference to all men. This lack of clarification was not a lapse of the author, but intentional will to direct our minds to the attributes of God, which took part in the formation of man.

It's interesting and just convenient for Trinitarians to rapidly refer "us" and "our" to God Himself and hide any word of explanation on the plural pronoun "them," which could not be a reference to man. I hope they do not do this on purpose because it would be spiritual cruelty to hide the truth.

I hope we have settled this issue. Since "them" is not a reference to man but to the attributes of God, it's only obvious that "us" and "our" are not references to God Himself but to His attributes. Therefore, the Creator of the Universe is He Who has dominion over the whole of the Universe through man by way of His attributes.

Conclusion:

It's more than obvious that Israel could not uphold the banner of absolute Monotheism in God, and start the Scriptures with statements of plurality in God. The whole issue therefore, was personification of attributes.

Ben there is a huge gap between being made in the image of God and being made as the express image of God. Express image would be an exact copy, a spirit like God. Man is in the image of God but in what way? His ability to think and reason? I think so friend.

I see this express image as a created spiritual son, a form of God for the Father gave him his fullness, yet not God. There is only one true God, the Father.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Simply reading the Bible does not cut it, meshak.

You have to extensively study it to grasp its truth like the Bereans did, but I imagine you do not know who the Bereans were as you do not believe all the Bible.

True. Meshak only believes in Matthew, Mark, and John. She rejects
the rest of the Bible. She's said, Paul was an "anti-Christ."

keypurr

Not so Keypurr. You did not read Lifeisgood's post

2 Corinthians 5:8 King James Version (KJV)

8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Why not start a new thread on what is death friend?

It's a good topic.

2 Cor 5:8, I am not to sure it means what you think BR.

StanJ

Are you now saying that Melchisedec is the WORD?
Oh my, you are lost.

Funny how you seem intensely blind to God's WORD, when it refutes you, and you treat it as someone else's words. A true cultic behaviour.

Read what Luke wrote in Heb 7:3 keypurr. Sadly I KNOW you are deceived and won't see it but most of my response are not really for you but for others you try and deceive like your father does.

StanJ

THEN WHY DO YOU BREAK HIS LAWS.

Exo 20:1 And God spoke all these words:
Exo 20:2 "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.
Exo 20:3 "You shall have no other gods before me.

I don't have ANY other gods before Him keypurr...YOU do by calling Jesus "a" god.

It's amazing how you blame EVERYONE else for your deception!

Get THEE behind me Satan!

StanJ

Why not start a new thread on what is death friend?
It's a good topic.
2 Cor 5:8, I am not to sure it means what you think BR.

So you also don't believe what our true God and Savior, Jesus Christ, said to the thief before they both died on the cross? Luke 23:43
2 Cor 5:8 means EXACTLY what Paul meant it to say.,..HE WOULD RATHER... of course your blindness precludes you from understanding ANY of God's written Word.

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
So you also don't believe what our true God and Savior, Jesus Christ, said to the thief before they both die on the cross? Luke 23:43
2 Cor 5:8 means EXACTLY what Paul meant it to say.,..HE WOULD RATHER... of course your blindness precludes you from understanding ANY of God's written Word.

You got that right.

keypurr

So you also don't believe what our true God and Savior, Jesus Christ, said to the thief before they both died on the cross? Luke 23:43

Jesus did not go to Paradise that day so why should I believe as you do? You fail to think, again. To find the content of any verse you need to think Stan. That is why your in darkness.

StanJ

Jesus did not go to Paradise that day so why should I believe as you do? You fail to think, again. To find the content of any verse you need to think Stan. That is why your in darkness.

So NOW you little god didn't go to Paradise when he said he would?

Apparently those in darkness can't see ANYTHING outside of that darkness?
:kookoo:

To understand ANY scripture keypurr, you just need to accept it and believe. Two things you do NOT excel at.

keypurr

So NOW you little god didn't go to Paradise when he said he would?

Apparently those in darkness can't see ANYTHING outside of that darkness?
:kookoo:

To understand ANY scripture keypurr, you just need to accept it and believe. Two things you do NOT excel at.

Your suppose to accept what is written, not add to it.

Who are you to correct God's words?

The verse in question has a misplaced comma, your just to stupid to see it. Do you know where Paradise is?

StanJ

Your suppose to accept what is written, not add to it.
Who are you to correct God's words?
The verse in question has a misplaced comma, your just to stupid to see it. Do you know where Paradise is?

Really? Didn't know Greek has punctuation? You mean the scholar who properly translated it into English put a comma where it doesn't belong?

Why don't YOU accept what is written then keypurr?

Why would Jesus be redundant by saying I'm telling you this NOW, TODAY.

We're not all as inept as you appear to be reading scripture.

keypurr

Really? Didn't know Greek has punctuation? You mean the scholar who properly translated it into English put a comma where it doesn't belong?

Why don't YOU accept what is written then keypurr?

Why would Jesus be redundant by saying I'm telling you this NOW, TODAY.

We're not all as inept as you appear to be reading scripture.

I say on to you today, thou shall be with me in paradise.

Three days later Jesus had not yet assended to paradise.

keypurr

Do you have Scripture for that?

For you GM,

What is the state of the Dead?

Ecc 9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
Ecc 9:6 Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion forever in any thing that is done under the sun.

Psa 146:3 Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.
Psa 146:4 His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.

Act 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulcher is with us unto this day.

All will be raised

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshiped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Joh 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
Joh 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurre2ction of damnation.

StanJ

I say on to you today, thou shall be with me in paradise.
Three days later Jesus had not yet assended to paradise.

Not what it says keypurr, AND obviously they were NOT meeting in the flesh, but in the spirit, as Paradise is a spiritual place.
You are indeed confused.

keypurr

Not what it says keypurr, AND obviously they were NOT meeting in the flesh, but in the spirit, as Paradise is a spiritual place.
You are indeed confused.

Proof that you don't know the answer. Heaven is a spiritual place. Just beyond the planet Pluto.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
What has been shown as troubling among Christians is their rationality and their logic that mandates their taking their sacred, symbolic and metaphorical language literally.

Of course, in this respect they are exactly like the atheists they denounce.

The difference is Christians believe in these while atheists and agnostics declare it all nonsense.

For example, the theological construct that Jesus was born of a virgin speaks to the importance of Jesus and not to the biology of Mary.

Virgins do not give birth in the real world so atheists are quite comfortable denying this symbolic conclusion. And the Christians continue to actually believe this term.