What is the express image of God?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your post shows you do not realize that an exact copy of a spirit is a spirit. You just do not wish to see the truth that the WORD became flesh.

WHAT WAS THE WORD BEFORE IT BECAME FLESH?

Think my friend, the word was not flesh, it became flesh. Christ is the word, he needed a BODY prepared for him. WHY?

Because Christ was a spirit that lowered himself to become flesh.

This spirit had the fullness of the Father, it is a creation for it is the exact image of the Father. All images are creations. It is firstborn of all creatures. What more proof do you require BR?

Jesus Christ made it quite clear in John 17:3 that his Father is the ONLY TRUE GOD.

You just do not believe scripture.

1 John 1:1-2 Modern English Version (MEV)

The Word of Life
1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have touched, concerning the Word of life—

2 the life was revealed, and we have seen it and testify to it, and announce to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was revealed to us—

1 John 5:7 Modern English Version (MEV)

7 There are three who testify in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and the three are one.

keypurr

You just do not believe scripture.

1 John 1:1-2 Modern English Version (MEV)

The Word of Life
1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have touched, concerning the Word of life—

2 the life was revealed, and we have seen it and testify to it, and announce to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was revealed to us—

1 John 5:7 Modern English Version (MEV)

7 There are three who testify in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and the three are one.

That which was from the beginning is not Jesus who was born to Mary. Jesus was a man, he did not become a man, he was a man.

Christ was a spirit, this spirit is the son of the most high. This created spirit was given power. This spirit laid the foundation of the Universe. This spirit took the form of flesh and dwelled in the body God prepared for him.

You have been side tracked by a verse that is not in the early ms. It is a very questionable verse to base your faith on BR.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Focus on God's Word alone:

John 8:12 says that Jesus Christ is the Light
And Isaiah 60:19-20 says that God is the Light.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That which was from the beginning is not Jesus who was born to Mary. Jesus was a man, he did not become a man, he was a man.

Christ was a spirit, this spirit is the son of the most high. This created spirit was given power. This spirit laid the foundation of the Universe. This spirit took the form of flesh and dwelled in the body God prepared for him.

You have been side tracked by a verse that is not in the early ms. It is a very questionable verse to base your faith on BR.

You KNOW that Christ is not created. He is true God. You know that and have believed it in the past but now believe in this so-called "theory". Also, If the scripture in question is in error, why has it not been removed. Maybe this;

Revelation 22:18-19 Modern English Version (MEV)

18 I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God shall add to him the plagues that are written in this book.

19 And if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the Book of Life and out of the Holy City and out of the things which are written in this book.

keypurr

You KNOW that Christ is not created. He is true God. You know that and have believed it in the past but now believe in this so-called "theory". Also, If the scripture in question is in error, why has it not been removed. Maybe this;

Revelation 22:18-19 Modern English Version (MEV)

18 I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God shall add to him the plagues that are written in this book.

19 And if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the Book of Life and out of the Holy City and out of the things which are written in this book.

I know that Christ is the firstborn of all creatures, a creation as stated in Col 1:15 and Heb 1:3. Christ is the image of the most high. All images are creations. God created all things through his first creation. Christ was given the fullness of God, he is a FORM of God, not God. Phil 2.

Scripture has been doctored over the years friend. Man has inserted his own thoughts into the translations. I know you do not wish to hear that but that is a fact. Words have been added and changed over the years. Satan has done wonders with distorting the words of God.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I know that Christ is the firstborn of all creatures, a creation as stated in Col 1:15 and Heb 1:3. Christ is the image of the most high. All images are creations. God created all things through his first creation. Christ was given the fullness of God, he is a FORM of God, not God. Phil 2.

Scripture has been doctored over the years friend. Man has inserted his own thoughts into the translations. I know you do not wish to hear that but that is a fact. Words have been added and changed over the years. Satan has done wonders with distorting the words of God.

I'm sorry friend, one thing you will never be able to change. Christ is NOT a creation. In saying so you deny 1 John 1:2 which claims the eternality of Jesus. Colossians 1:15 is a POSITIONAL speaking of Christ. As you say it could have been said better. But it is still very understandable the way it is. Being firstborn does not teach that He is created as you mistakenly believe. Go to the trusted commentaries, read and learn.

keypurr

I'm sorry friend, one thing you will never be able to change. Christ is NOT a creation. In saying so you deny 1 John 1:2 which claims the eternality of Jesus. Colossians 1:15 is a POSITIONAL speaking of Christ. As you say it could have been said better. But it is still very understandable the way it is. Being firstborn does not teach that He is created as you mistakenly believe. Go to the trusted commentaries, read and learn.

I disagree BR. There is to much evidence to disprove my faith. Col 1:15 is easy to understand if you just accept what it says.

Christ is the image of the invisible God, God is a spirit, like the wind, you can not see him. Since God created all things through him he is most certainly firstborn of all creatures, just as the verse states.

You are just unable to digest the fact that the traditional religions have been distorting the truth for almost 1800 years. You do not wish to disrupt the faith you have been given. It is a very hard pill too swallow, I know, believe me I know.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I disagree BR. There is to much evidence to disprove my faith. Col 1:15 is easy to understand if you just accept what it says.

Christ is the image of the invisible God, God is a spirit, like the wind, you can not see him. Since God created all things through him he is most certainly firstborn of all creatures, just as the verse states.

You are just unable to digest the fact that the traditional religions have been distorting the truth for almost 1800 years. You do not wish to disrupt the faith you have been given. It is a very hard pill too swallow, I know, believe me I know.

keypurr ? is this the only thread you go to ? - :patrol:

keypurr

2130 posts and you have yet to put a dent in the Trinity. You can not disprove the eternality of Jesus Christ

Do you believe that Jesus was BORN?
Then he was not in eternity past.

Do you believe that the son is the express image?
Then he was a creation for he is an image. Proof that he had a beginning.

You just refuse to see it. I have proven my point.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
No, but it is my favorite. I consider it extremely important to understand. It disproves the Trinity doctrine.

I wouldn't go that far - its plain and clear in the NT that the Godhead is seen, heard, witnessed and written -

There is the Father God, The Son Jesus who is the Christ, and the Holy Ghost - the Spirit descending on Jesus with the Voice of God, witnessed by John the Baptist among others.

Christ Himself telling the Apostles in The Acts, that His Father will send the Comforter which is the Holy Ghost. these facts cannot be changed Keyp !!!

that makes 3, and IS the Godhead. the only thing you can say with accuracy is that Jesus Christ is NOT The Father -:king::patrol:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you believe that Jesus was BORN?
Then he was not in eternity past.

Do you believe that the son is the express image?
Then he was a creation for he is an image. Proof that he had a beginning.

You just refuse to see it. I have proven my point.
1 John 1:2 Modern English Version (MEV)

I believe that he is the exact image of God.

John 14:9 Modern English Version (MEV)

9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you such a long time, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father. So how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

keypurr

I wouldn't go that far - its plain and clear in the NT that the Godhead is seen, heard, witnessed and written -

There is the Father God, The Son Jesus who is the Christ, and the Holy Ghost - the Spirit descending on Jesus with the Voice of God, witnessed by John the Baptist among others.

Christ Himself telling the Apostles in The Acts, that His Father will send the Comforter which is the Holy Ghost. these facts cannot be changed Keyp !!!

that makes 3, and IS the Godhead. the only thing you can say with accuracy is that Jesus Christ is NOT The Father -:king::patrol:

I do not dispute the facts, but most are not seeing the facts. Most do not listen to the words of Christ when he tells us that only his Father is the true God. They would rather follow the man made doctrines and forget the commandments of the Father. Godhead, used only once in scripture, is a bad word to dwell on. Christ was sent to do the will of his God. The only true God. God did not form a committee to create to act as God, he created servants to do his will. Christ, his first creation, is his son and his servant.

keypurr

I believe that he is the exact image of God.

John 14:9 Modern English Version (MEV)

9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you such a long time, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father. So how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

Do you fully understand verse 9. If you have seen the Christ in Jesus, you have seen the exact copy of the Father.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I only grasp what is written and proven.

So what is your problem with;

keypurr

So what is your problem with;

No problem, nothing is eternal before it exist. Christ did not exist until God made him.