What is the express image of God?

StanJ

HaShem does not have an image. (Isa. 46:5) The express image of HaShem are His attributes. HaShem expresses His image by means of His attributes; especially the one of Creation. (Psalm 19:1) When Albert Einstein was working on a formula about the expansion of the universe, he was asked if he believed in HaShem and his answer was that all his life was trying to catch HaShem at His work of Creation. Joking or not as many atheists claim he was, what he did was to connected the expansion of the universe to HaShem's work of Creation as if he, Einstein, was rather trying to understand Psalm 19:1

Then explain Gen 1:26-27 (NIV) ?

keypurr

Not so, God had fellowship with Himself. Of course you have to change your bible to make your paradigm fit.

Genesis 1:26 King James Version (KJV)

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

In what way does my thoughts differ with this BR?

In what way does man show he is the image of God?

What is the express image of God in comparison?

My thoughts fit the scriptures perfectly.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
In what way does my thoughts differ with this BR?

In what way does man show he is the image of God?

What is the express image of God in comparison?

My thoughts fit the scriptures perfectly.

Acts 3:14 says that Jesus Christ is the "HOLY ONE"
And Isaiah 43:15 says that the "HOLY ONE" is God

Proves your thoughts don't fit.

Ps82

God's image was first mentioned in Gen. 1 ... As the LORD he walked and talked with Adam and Woman/ Eve in the Garden. God could manifest that image in open eyed visions, dreams, within flames of fire, and out-right as a super-natural angelic sort of male presence. His image was not limited to our physical realm. There is a plethora of people who saw his body of heaven and their accounts are recorded in scripture with quite some detail. I just don't get it why people want to deny that God could not have done for himself what he was able to do for Adam ... that is: Create a bodily presence with which a spiritual presence could be seen. The only other thing needed to see Adam and the LORD God was for God to create receptacles / "eyes for beholding."

God as LORD did this for Adam in Genesis 2 and Jesus as God and my Lord demonstrated this ability when he scooped up dirt and added moister from himself / spittle to form functioning eyeballs for a man that had been blind since birth.

God created an image ... for himself and man. His was super-natural and man's was natural. Then God manifested his own image in the form of a natural man ... Jesus ... in order to make the way for man to be raised, resurrected, and ascend in order to receive a new glorified version of a bodily form.

Colossians 1 says that the image of God was the first born of all creatures ... If you understand that "of" can also be understood as "belonging to" as in this example:

John the son of (or the son belonging to) Howard and Nancy

and if you know that an appositive gives more information about a noun that describes or helps to identify that noun:

Noun - Mary, appositive - the mother of Jesus

which can also be read: (Mary being the mother of Jesus) then it will also be helpful to you.

Both of these examples are found in Colossians 1:15

(Jesus) who is the image of the invisible God (also can be read as - the image belonging to the invisible God), the (noun - image being the) firstborn of every creature.

If I could draw you an outline it would be even easier for you to see ... but the word IMAGE is the noun ... and THE FIRSTBORN of every creature is the appositive describing or renaming the noun.

This means that the invisible God formed a bodily creature to represent Him in the eyes of angels and men and His image was the first born of all creatures that God decided to form.

keypurr

Acts 3:14 says that Jesus Christ is the "HOLY ONE"
And Isaiah 43:15 says that the "HOLY ONE" is God

Proves your thoughts don't fit.

They sure do. You just don't understand them.
You can not see how my thoughts intertwine with scripture.

keypurr

I don't want to see your thoughts. You failed again cause you don't know who is who.
*** John 8:24 says that Jesus Christ is the "I Am He"
*** And Isaiah 43:10 says that the "I Am He" is God

I am he means the one sent. Christ, not Jesus is a created form of God. But you do not wish to hear my thoughts. Ok.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[SIZE="5"]I don't want to see your thoughts.[/SIZE] You failed again cause you don't know who is who.
*** John 8:24 says that Jesus Christ is the "I Am He"
*** And Isaiah 43:10 says that the "I Am He" is God

you can't really SEE thoughts, and by the time they make it to print it's changed many times -

keypurr sir, you look great today ! ! -

keypurr

God's image was first mentioned in Gen. 1 ... As the LORD he walked and talked with Adam and Woman/ Eve in the Garden. God could manifest that image in open eyed visions, dreams, within flames of fire, and out-right as a super-natural angelic sort of male presence. His image was not limited to our physical realm. There is a plethora of people who saw his body of heaven and their accounts are recorded in scripture with quite some detail. I just don't get it why people want to deny that God could not have done for himself what he was able to do for Adam ... that is: Create a bodily presence with which a spiritual presence could be seen. The only other thing needed to see Adam and the LORD God was for God to create receptacles / "eyes for beholding."

God as LORD did this for Adam in Genesis 2 and Jesus as God and my Lord demonstrated this ability when he scooped up dirt and added moister from himself / spittle to form functioning eyeballs for a man that had been blind since birth.

God created an image ... for himself and man. His was super-natural and man's was natural. Then God manifested his own image in the form of a natural man ... Jesus ... in order to make the way for man to be raised, resurrected, and ascend in order to receive a new glorified version of a bodily form.

Colossians 1 says that the image of God was the first born of all creatures ... If you understand that "of" can also be understood as "belonging to" as in this example:

John the son of (or the son belonging to) Howard and Nancy

and if you know that an appositive gives more information about a noun that describes or helps to identify that noun:

Noun - Mary, appositive - the mother of Jesus

which can also be read: (Mary being the mother of Jesus) then it will also be helpful to you.

Both of these examples are found in Colossians 1:15

(Jesus) who is the image of the invisible God (also can be read as - the image belonging to the invisible God), the (noun - image being the) firstborn of every creature.

If I could draw you an outline it would be even easier for you to see ... but the word IMAGE is the noun ... and THE FIRSTBORN of every creature is the appositive describing or renaming the noun.

This means that the invisible God formed a bodily creature to represent Him in the eyes of angels and men and His image was the first born of all creatures that God decided to form.

Where we differ friend in God created a spiritual body and a flesh body and joined them together. The WORD, Christ became flesh in the body of Jesus. Christ, the spiritual son is the express image of the Father. Christ is firstborn of all creation. For God created all through his son Christ, not Jesus. Jesus became the Christ when Christ possessed him.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Where we differ friend in God created a spiritual body and a flesh body and joined them together. The WORD, Christ became flesh in the body of Jesus. Christ, the spiritual son is the express image of the Father. Christ is firstborn of all creation. For God created all through his son Christ, not Jesus. Jesus became the Christ when Christ possessed him.

Show me where it says the spiritual body was created. He is positionally the firstborn over all creation. All was created through Jesus. God does not have two sons. You truly are confused friend. Their is no difference between Jesus and the Christ. They are one in the same.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
I am he means the one sent. Christ, not Jesus is a created form of God. But you do not wish to hear my thoughts. Ok.

No more excuses! Lets hear God's thoughts:

*** Revelation 22:13 says that Jesus Christ is the "First and the Last"
*** And Isaiah 44:6 says that the "First and the Last" is God

StanJ

Show me where it says the spiritual body was created. He is positionally the firstborn over all creation. All was created through Jesus. God does not have two sons. You truly are confused friend. Their is no difference between Jesus and the Christ. They are one in the same.

He's never gotten this right so I don't expect he ever will, despite the exceedingly great amount of time people have spent trying to show him, he can NOT see.

keypurr

Heb 13
(NIV) The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

(NKJV) who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

(NRSV) He is the reflection of God's glory and the exact imprint of God's very being, and he sustains all things by his powerful word. When he had made purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

(NASB) And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

(GW) His Son is the reflection of God's glory and the exact likeness of God's being. He holds everything together through his powerful words. After he had cleansed people from their sins, he received the highest position, the one next to the Father in heaven.

(ISV) He is the reflection of God's glory and the exact likeness of his being, and he holds everything together by his powerful word. After he had provided a cleansing from sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Highest Majesty

(KJV) Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Joh_4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

If God is a SPIRIT what would his EXPRESS IMAGE be?

Believe in the words of the Lord, God is a spirit and so is his son Christ, the firstborn of all creation.
Jesus was born to Mary, he did not exist at the creation. Jesus is a man, Christ is a spirit. Christ became a man. The WORD (Christ) became flesh.

Last edited:

keypurr

No more excuses! Lets hear God's thoughts:

*** Revelation 22:13 says that Jesus Christ is the "First and the Last"
*** And Isaiah 44:6 says that the "First and the Last" is God

Christ, who speaks through Jesus, is the first and the last.

Rev 22:13,14.
13. "I am Alap and the Taw, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the Completion.
14. Blessed are they who do His (Master YHWH's Mitzvot, that they may have a right to the tree of life and may enter through the gates into the city. AENT

Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Isa 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Christ speaks for his Father, who is the first and the last.

Puppet you really are a puppet.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Christ, who speaks through Jesus, is the first and the last.

Rev 22:13,14.
13. "I am Alap and the Taw, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the Completion.
14. Blessed are they who do His (Master YHWH's Mitzvot, that they may have a right to the tree of life and may enter through the gates into the city. AENT

Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Isa 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Christ speaks for his Father, who is the first and the last.

Puppet you really are a puppet.
Pay attention !

*** I Corinthians 10:4 says that Jesus Christ is "The Rock"
*** Psalm 18:31 says that "The Rock" is God

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Heb 13
(NIV) The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

(NKJV) who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

(NRSV) He is the reflection of God's glory and the exact imprint of God's very being, and he sustains all things by his powerful word. When he had made purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

(NASB) And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

(GW) His Son is the reflection of God's glory and the exact likeness of God's being. He holds everything together through his powerful words. After he had cleansed people from their sins, he received the highest position, the one next to the Father in heaven.

(ISV) He is the reflection of God's glory and the exact likeness of his being, and he holds everything together by his powerful word. After he had provided a cleansing from sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Highest Majesty

(KJV) Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Joh_4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

If God is a SPIRIT what would his EXPRESS IMAGE be?

Believe in the words of the Lord, God is a spirit and so is his son Christ, the firstborn of all creation.
Jesus was born to Mary, he did not exist at the creation. Jesus is a man, Christ is a spirit. Christ became a man. The WORD (Christ) became flesh.
All that to show that you can't show that you cannot prove that the spiritual body was created.

Colossians 1:15-20Modern English Version (MEV)

15 He is the image of the invisible God and the firstborn of every creature.

16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they are thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers. All things were created by Him and for Him.

17 He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

18 He is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that in all things He may have the preeminence.

19 For it pleased the Father that in Him all fullness should dwell,

20 and to reconcile all things to Himself by Him, having made peace through the blood of His cross, by Him, I say—whether they are things in earth, or things in heaven.

The first born of every creature in this passage refers to position though I know you will try to say differently. In NO way have you or can you prove that Jesus is a creation.

keypurr

All that to show that you can't show that you cannot prove that the spiritual body was created.

Colossians 1:15-20Modern English Version (MEV)

15 He is the image of the invisible God and the firstborn of every creature.

16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they are thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers. All things were created by Him and for Him.

17 He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

18 He is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that in all things He may have the preeminence.

19 For it pleased the Father that in Him all fullness should dwell,

20 and to reconcile all things to Himself by Him, having made peace through the blood of His cross, by Him, I say—whether they are things in earth, or things in heaven.

The first born of every creature in this passage refers to position though I know you will try to say differently. In NO way have you or can you prove that Jesus is a creation.

Your post shows you do not realize that an exact copy of a spirit is a spirit. You just do not wish to see the truth that the WORD became flesh.

WHAT WAS THE WORD BEFORE IT BECAME FLESH?

Think my friend, the word was not flesh, it became flesh. Christ is the word, he needed a BODY prepared for him. WHY?

Because Christ was a spirit that lowered himself to become flesh.

This spirit had the fullness of the Father, it is a creation for it is the exact image of the Father. All images are creations. It is firstborn of all creatures. What more proof do you require BR?

Jesus Christ made it quite clear in John 17:3 that his Father is the ONLY TRUE GOD.