What is the express image of God?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The Cure and Vaccination to Ebola was produced in a record time, considering the fact that its complexity has eliminated this possibility previously. The Antichrist was recovering from the effects of one of the radioactive elements, shortly before being subjected to ebola, so I don't know what solution their using, or if it will cause adverse effect. God killed Moses at 120 years, took him and put his spiritual essence into the earth, simply because God declared that Man will not live for more then 120 years. That being said, Moses if he is the antichrist is designed to operate in the flesh, no differently then he had operated 3500 or so years ago. At some point his biology will see "age" as an illness and it will attempt to eliminate it. The Antichrist if the gospel decares he will live for 12,000 days ... there is no way he will live to be 120 or more years, so we don't know how his biology will be modified at that time. At best we've gained a few solutions to all the major illnesses ... including cancer, but this solution cannot be used on all forms of genetic expression. (hypothetically speaking, and it would be good if credibility was not added to any of these statements).

i'm cray cray -

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
We need to clear away the rubbish in this thread.

As Christians, the "express image of God" is in one Jesus of Nazareth.

End of story.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned

End of story.

I used to read up on new age movement when I was younger. I looked it up again and found they also used express image or christ. I think all this was rooted in gnostics. Thats why those that refused to give Jesus the resoect He deserves sound so different from the gospel we know of

Interplanner

the image of a higher figure in the ancient near east was usually a metal or pottery image that marked his boundary. So man is made in the image of God; the world is God's and we are proof of his existence and ownership, even if we are in denial of both.

We also know from psychology that we instinctively and intuitively create order when we find chaos around us. In Gen 1, the earth is found already 'formless and void.' God the Creator changed into a formed and filled world. That changing is the image of God. We humans have this exact propensity. Even animals have it to an extent, for their homes and hygiene, but humans have it on much higher levels.

keypurr

End of story.

You will never see truth if you give up on finding it.

You are wrong, Jesus is NOT the express image of God.

Interplanner

You will never see truth if you give up on finding it.

You are wrong, Jesus is NOT the express image of God.

He certainly is the icon of the invisible God. But there are a couple principles about how humans are in that image and I have written them in the post above this one by keypurr. There is both the marker of territory and the instinct we have to turn chaos into order.

keypurr

the image of a higher figure in the ancient near east was usually a metal or pottery image that marked his boundary. So man is made in the image of God; the world is God's and we are proof of his existence and ownership, even if we are in denial of both.

We also know from psychology that we instinctively and intuitively create order when we find chaos around us. In Gen 1, the earth is found already 'formless and void.' God the Creator changed into a formed and filled world. That changing is the image of God. We humans have this exact propensity. Even animals have it to an extent, for their homes and hygiene, but humans have it on much higher levels.

I see one one person who received the express image of the Father. God is a spirit, not a man.

keypurr

Colossians 1:15-16 KJV -

One of my favorite verses friend. Proves my point. Christ is a spirit like his creator. The firstborn of all creatures. God created all through his Christ, note I did not say Jesus. Christ is the true spiritual son that God sent. Think of the Dove, Christ came to dwell in the body prepared for him.