What is the express image of God?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I do not dispute the facts, but most are not seeing the facts. Most do not listen to the words of Christ when he tells us that only his Father is the true God. They would rather follow the man made doctrines and forget the commandments of the Father. Godhead, used only once in scripture, is a bad word to dwell on. Christ was sent to do the will of his God. The only true God. God did not form a committee to create to act as God, he created servants to do his will. Christ, his first creation, is his son and
his servant.

not a servant anymore -

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No problem, nothing is eternal before it exist. Christ did not exist until God made him.

That isn't what the verse says Keypurr and you know it. You just have no explanation for it because you have no explanation for the eternal nature of Jesus.

John 1:1, 14 Modern English Version (MEV)

The Word Became Flesh
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

14 The Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, the glory as the only Son of the Father, full of grace and truth.

1 John 1:2 Modern English Version (MEV)

2 the life was revealed, and we have seen it and testify to it, and announce to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was revealed to us—

keypurr

That isn't what the verse says Keypurr and you know it. You just have no explanation for it because you have no explanation for the eternal nature of Jesus.

John 1:1, 14 Modern English Version (MEV)

The Word Became Flesh
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

14 The Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, the glory as the only Son of the Father, full of grace and truth.

1 John 1:2 Modern English Version (MEV)

2 the life was revealed, and we have seen it and testify to it, and announce to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was revealed to us—

If Christ is the image of God then God existed before Christ did. Why do you not see that? Christ existed before time did, does that make him eternal?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Show me my error. If you understood fully my thoughts you would see that I am being rational.
I did not say you are not rational. I said you are in error but refuse to accept it. John 1:1, 14 and 1 John 1:2. Interpret them in proper context. Avoid error.

keypurr

I did not say you are not rational. I said you are in error but refuse to accept it. John 1:1, 14 and 1 John 1:2. Interpret them in proper context. Avoid error.

It is not me that is in error BR.

It is the majority that think they are right for following the teachings of the early fathers that believed the world was flat.

eddie17

Its nice to see someone keypurr having a open mind and not following the sheep,well done and keep looking deep into the scriptures,theres alot more yet to stumble on.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Keep looking deep in the scriptures.
Matt 25:31-46 says that Jesus Christ is the Judge
And in Joel 3:12 it says that God is the Judge

keypurr

Its nice to see someone keypurr having a open mind and not following the sheep,well done and keep looking deep into the scriptures,theres alot more yet to stumble on.

Thank you friend, welcome to my world. As a former churchman I agree that there is a lot more than what most have been taught. I have been reading scripture for over seventy years and I am still learning.

keypurr

Keep looking deep in the scriptures.
Matt 25:31-46 says that Jesus Christ is the Judge
And in Joel 3:12 it says that God is the Judge

One needs to find the content of the verses not just pick verses here and there.

God has given the power to Judge to his Christ. All power that Christ has was given to him.

If he was God he would have had it to begin with.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
One needs to find the content of the verses not just pick verses here and there.

God has given the power to Judge to his Christ. All power that Christ has was given to him.

Have you figured out 1 John 1:2 yet. Jesus is eternal. How can that be.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned

Jesus had power from the beginning and used it to create .
Colossians 1:16 says that Jesus Christ is the Creator of angels:
And Psalms 148:5 says that the Creator of angels is God

keypurr

Have you figured out 1 John 1:2 yet. Jesus is eternal. How can that be.

Jesus was born, he was not eternal.

The Christ in him was created before time, so he could be considered eternal.

You fail to realize that Christ spoke through Jesus.

See, no problem at all to understand the verse.

keypurr

Jesus had power from the beginning and used it to create .
Colossians 1:16 says that Jesus Christ is the Creator of angels:
And Psalms 148:5 says that the Creator of angels is God

Christ, not Jesus, was at the creation and he was GIVEN the power from his creator God.

God created all through Christ, not Jesus. Jesus is the body God prepared for the son he sent from heaven.

Jesus Christ is the joining of the spiritual and flesh son of God. Christ became flesh in Jesus.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus was born, he was not eternal.

The Christ in him was created before time, so he could be considered eternal.

You fail to realize that Christ spoke through Jesus.

See, no problem at all to understand the verse.

Now it is John 1:1, 14 that you don't understand. Wish you would make up your mind.

keypurr

Now it is John 1:1, 14 that you don't understand. Wish you would make up your mind.

I have no problem with John at all BR.

It is you that is hung up on it. You do not understand that traditional beliefs are in error. You do not see the spiritual being that becomes flesh.

In the beginning there was the Word (Christ), Christ was with God and Christ was a god.

Phil 2 tells you that he is a form of God, not God.

And Christ became flesh and lived among us.

Christ, the express image of the Father, a spirit being like the Father. Came down from heaven to take the form of man by dwelling in Jesus, the body prepared for him.

This is about the fourth or fifth time I have expressed these thoughts to you. I suggest you study them for yourself and make your decision to follow God instead of men.

Either way, I will always be your friend in Christ.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have no problem with John at all BR.

It is you that is hung up on it. You do not understand that traditional beliefs are in error. You do not see the spiritual being that becomes flesh.

In the beginning there was the Word (Christ), Christ was with God and Christ was a god.

Phil 2 tells you that he is a form of God, not God.

And Christ became flesh and lived among us.

Christ, the express image of the Father, a spirit being like the Father. Came down from heaven to take the form of man by dwelling in Jesus, the body prepared for him.

This is about the fourth or fifth time I have expressed these thoughts to you. I suggest you study them for yourself and make your decision to follow God instead of men.

Either way, I will always be your friend in Christ.
I won't be leaving orthodox Christianity for your theory any time soon.