What Does it Mean to be Born Again?

Robert Pate

Banned
It's your doctrine it showed false.

You misunderstand Scriptures. The verses you paraded do not back up your doctrine; they instead refute it. Believing can only be done when one is ALREADY in Christ because one can only have faith IF and only IF he already is in Christ.

1. If, as you falsely teach, one is born lost, then he is born NOT in Christ because Christ is the way. John 14:6
2. If he is NOT in Christ, then he cannot bear fruit because only those in Christ can bear fruit. John 15:4, 5
3. If he cannot bear fruit, then he cannot have faith because faith is fruit of the Spirit. Gal 5:22
4. If he cannot have faith, then he cannot believe because faith is needed to believe. Heb 11:6

The impurity in the gospel that you preach makes your gospel false. Remove the impurity - the doctrine that people are born lost - from the gospel that you preach, or be cursed. see Gal 1:6-9.

You are in conflict with the word of God.

It is very obvious that people are born lost.

"In sin did my mother conceive me" Psalm 51:5.

What are you going to do about that scripture? Like most false teachers you will simply dismiss it.

You apparently have never raised any children. I have raised three. Everyone of them was born a sinner and needed to be born again by the word of God, 1 Peter 1:23.

Cross Reference

You are in conflict with the word of God.

It is very obvious that people are born lost.

Baloney. Give your evidence that is true?

"In sin did my mother conceive me" Psalm 51:5.

So what? Where does it say he/she is lost because he/she was. Ever hear about a guy named David? What more names of righteous men who served God?

What are you going to do about that scripture? Like most false teachers you will simply dismiss it.
What are you crabbing about when that is all give in return.

You apparently have never raised any children. I have raised three.
So have I and all were born with faith I would take care of them. Where'd they get that faith if not born with it. Can't you say the same thing about yours? That too bad.

Everyone of them was born a sinner and needed to be born again by the word of God, 1 Peter 1:23.
You mean everyone of them were born innocent, blameless before God. Sinning came later maybe because you didn't raise them up properly. Who knows, you never said?

So where do you get all that nonsense?? How does being born in sin equate with not being able to understand right from wrong????

Robert Pate

Banned
Baloney. Give your evidence that is true?

So what? Where does it say he/she is lost because he/she was. Ever hear about a guy named David? What more names of righteous men who served God?

What are you crabbing about when that is all give in return.

So have I and all were born with faith I would take care of them. Where'd they get that faith if not born with it. Can't you say the same thing about yours? That too bad.

You mean everyone of them were born innocent, blameless before God. Sinning came later maybe because you didn't raise them up properly. Who knows, you never said?

So where do you get all that nonsense?? How does being born in sin equate with not being able to understand right from wrong????

I have never met anyone that was born innocent and neither have you.

Paul makes it very clear that... "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NO NOT ONE" Romans 3:20.

Are you going to make Paul a liar?

Cross Reference

I have never met anyone that was born innocent and neither have you.

Paul makes it very clear that... "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NO NOT ONE" Romans 3:20.

Are you going to make Paul a liar?

They weren't the words of Paul!!! Nor are quoting them in context!

I am calling you a mental midget, totally incapable of reasoning the scriptures.

Mister, learn the them, will you? You are too much to take. You have just said you believe your kids would have gone to hell had the died at birth!

Robert Pate

Banned
They weren't the words of Paul!!! Nor are quoting them in context!

I am calling you a mental midget, totally incapable of reasoning the scriptures.

Mister, learn the them, will you? You are too much to take. You have just said you believe your kids would have gone to hell had the died at birth!

They were not the words of Paul? Paul was quoting King David, but they were Paul's words.

Your real problem is not with me. Your real problem is with God's word. You don't like what it says and you want to change it. This is the mark of a heretic and is the difference between me and you. I don't need a lot of scripture to believe a doctrine, in this case all I need is Psalm 51:5. "In sin did my mother conceive me". That is all that I need. I believe in the age of accountability. As a former children's pastor I believe that there is a time when a child will decide that he is accountable for his sins and will either turn to Christ or will reject Christ. "Choose this day whom you will serve".

Robert Pate

Banned
Pate & CR are having trouble with the quote function :chuckle:

If we are not going to believe the Bible, then throw it in the trash and renounce the whole thing.

"BEHOLD I WAS SHAPEN IN INIQUITY; AND IN SIN DID MY MOTHER CONCEIVE ME" PSALM 51:5.

King David, like Paul, wants you to know that you are a born sinner.

Cross Reference

They were not the words of Paul? Paul was quoting King David, but they were Paul's words.

They indeed were King David's and aslo God's describing a corrupt Jewish societal condition ready to be slammed by God..

"The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God. They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that does good, no, not one." Psalm 14:2-3 (KJV)

Hello!! Why was God looking down?? Looking for what? According to you it would have been impossible for God to expect to find any righteousness. Apparently He had not "touched" any of them that they He might find a few, eh?

Cross Reference

If we are not going to believe the Bible, then throw it in the trash and renounce the whole thing.

"BEHOLD I WAS SHAPEN IN INIQUITY; AND IN SIN DID MY MOTHER CONCEIVE ME" PSALM 51:5.

King David, like Paul, wants you to know that you are a born sinner.

And when did David get saved, RP?

Last edited:

Truster

And "if he does righteously", what then? Won't he "be accepted" . . ?

The word righteous is a mistranslation it should be justness as from justification.

Explain to me how you have just intentions. Just thoughts and perform just deeds.

'Just' comes from the Hebrew word for a carpenters square. It is the perfect angle between the horizontal and vertical. Which represents perfection on earth and in heaven.

Now tell me of your perfections dear boy.

Robert Pate

Banned
OMT: One is only sinner if he sins. Being born in sin doesn't make him one. God's little talk with Cain reveals that.

You said, "Born in sin doesn't make him one" You are in direct contradiction to God's word.

"Wherefore as by one man (Adam) sin entered into the world and death by sin: AND SO DEATH PASSED UPON ALL MEN, for that all have sinned" Romans 5:12.

We have all inherited Adam's sinful nature.

"For as by one man's disobedience many were MADE sinners" Romans 5:19.

Cross Reference

You said, "Born in sin doesn't make him one" You are in direct contradiction to God's word.

"Wherefore as by one man (Adam) sin entered into the world and death by sin: AND SO DEATH PASSED UPON ALL MEN, for that all have sinned" Romans 5:12.

We have all inherited Adam's sinful nature.

"For as by one man's disobedience many were MADE sinners" Romans 5:19.

Nonsense! If we have inherited it then we have also inherited the means to not sin.

". . . . .At that time people began to worship the LORD." Genesis 4:26 (GW)

What we did inherit that we cannot change is the PENALTY for Adam's transgression. That is what Jesus, by the shedding of His blood, canceled out.

God's Truth

The word righteous is a mistranslation it should be justness as from justification.

Explain to me how you have just intentions. Just thoughts and perform just deeds.

'Just' comes from the Hebrew word for a carpenters square. It is the perfect angle between the horizontal and vertical. Which represents perfection on earth and in heaven.

Now tell me of your perfections dear boy.

Humans are flesh and blood.
Not all humans only live to please their flesh.
Some humans want something more out of this life, they are more spiritual.
Those who hear about God and want to be saved, they come to the light. See John 3:21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

God's Truth

OMT: One is only sinner if he sins. Being born in sin doesn't make him one. God's little talk with Cain reveals that.

We are all born having to be taught about God. No one is born just knowing God and all right from all wrong.

A negative thought is sin, so with that we can see how easy it is to say a child has sinned.