Ukraine Crisis

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
What do you think we should do? What can we do? We're dealing with a regime which if pushed enough could resort to the unthinkable. I understand the reluctance to enact a no fly zone around Ukraine but wow, I can understand the frustration of the current and former leaders that are still imploring to have one when faced with the appalling attacks that have besieged the country. Is there a time to make a stand and say enough is enough? We're stuck with nukes one way or another so how much bloodshed and barbarism has to be endured and tolerated in order to let any despotic regime have their way? What's your answer?
We need one world order. Nukes are dangerous threats because we have enemies, enemies go away with one world order. There's no countries attacking other countries when we're all one country. The one constitution and one global regime is either going to be brand new, or it will be an extension of one that already exists. I vote for the US Constitution, rather than another country's constitution, and rather than a brand new one.

It's bold and brash and "America first" and all that, but it's a starting point. It's better than Vlad and Kim and Xi and whoever else, suffering a concussion and 'pressing the button'. We can't tolerate this situation anymore. These world leaders are throwing dice with our skin, and we do not consent. All nukes need to be under global democratic control, under a moral constitution, a moral regime.

And in contrast and to make it perfectly clear, we should definitely not extend Russia's or China's regimes.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Trump hired lots of people from a pool of candidates that included a few born-again Christians.

Last week, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo lashed out at NPR anchor Mary Louise Kelly. "He asked me, 'Do you think Americans care about Ukraine?'" Kelly reported. "He used the f-word in that sentence and many others."

Mike Pompeo: a born-again Christian--and a prolific dropper of f-bombs! He didn't care about Ukraine. Putin heard that.

Arthur Brain

We need one world order. Nukes are dangerous threats because we have enemies, enemies go away with one world order. There's no countries attacking other countries when we're all one country. The one constitution and one global regime is either going to be brand new, or it will be an extension of one that already exists. I vote for the US Constitution, rather than another country's constitution, and rather than a brand new one.

It's bold and brash and "America first" and all that, but it's a starting point. It's better than Vlad and Kim and Xi and whoever else, suffering a concussion and 'pressing the button'. We can't tolerate this situation anymore. These world leaders are throwing dice with our skin, and we do not consent. All nukes need to be under global democratic control, under a moral constitution, a moral regime.

And in contrast and to make it perfectly clear, we should definitely not extend Russia's or China's regimes.
Well, it's a nice idea and all but unfortunately there's no feasible way of enacting global democratic control over nuclear weapons. Realistically, we're stuck in a situation where states like Russia have them and there's no real way of enforcing anything other than to call their bluff if they threaten to use them. Even despots with such arsenals at Putin's disposal know that nuclear war means their own country getting blown to bits in turn. It's called M.A.D for a reason after all. This is the price for having them. Oppenheimer's fatalistic comments may well come to fruition at some point. Russia & China have too much power to be curtailed by any real process haven't they?

Arthur Brain

Last week, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo lashed out at NPR anchor Mary Louise Kelly. "He asked me, 'Do you think Americans care about Ukraine?'" Kelly reported. "He used the f-word in that sentence and many others."

Mike Pompeo: a born-again Christian--and a prolific dropper of f-bombs! He didn't care about Ukraine. Putin heard that.
Wow, what a moron.

Idolater

Well, it's a nice idea and all but unfortunately there's no feasible way of enacting global democratic control over nuclear weapons.
It would have to start small. Like, the US and UK first, let's figure out how to combine ourselves back together again after over two centuries apart. Then let's see about Canada maybe, or Australia, or ... France or Germany. Let's just start small and we'll just 'snowball' into one world government. It just must be moral, so we need something that recognizes our universal rights like how the US and UK does.
Realistically, we're stuck in a situation where states like Russia have them and there's no real way of enforcing anything other than to call their bluff if they threaten to use them. Even despots with such arsenals at Putin's disposal know that nuclear war means their own country getting blown to bits in turn. It's called M.A.D for a reason after all. This is the price for having them.
Yes. But in the US we suffer from these suicidal mass murderers. They get their hands on some guns, plan out an attack, and murder, and then get shot by police to death. Their goal from the start is suicide, they just want to 'take people with them'.

What happens when one of them gets their hands on nukes one day?

We have to keep that day from ever coming.
Oppenheimer's fatalistic comments may well come to fruition at some point. Russia & China have too much power to be curtailed by any real process haven't they?
I don't know how to 'reach' them. Russians appear to be very nationalistic. China seems like they're too trusting of their government.

One thing to really push hard on with Russia is reuniting the Russian Orthodox Church with Catholicism. They're Christians, perhaps the west could influence Russians through our bishops getting back together, seeing eye-to-eye again.

I don't know what to do about China. Perhaps focus on Russia first. If we can gain them, then maybe China wants to 'play ball' with us, seeing as how they'll by then be outnumbered and outgunned?

I don't know how to get there, I don't know the first steps, but we can still talk about where we want to get to one day. Hopefully, before WWIII gets here, no sane and moral person wants WWIII to ever get here.

Idolater

What were the three regional powers in 1984 ?

Oceania, Eurasia and eastasia

You know that Xi is watching this in gleeful astonishment, hoping that we destroy each other so that he can pick up what he wants afterwards
Taiwan?

Arthur Brain

It would have to start small. Like, the US and UK first, let's figure out how to combine ourselves back together again after over two centuries apart. Then let's see about Canada maybe, or Australia, or ... France or Germany. Let's just start small and we'll just 'snowball' into one world government. It just must be moral, so we need something that recognizes our universal rights like how the US and UK does.

Yes. But in the US we suffer from these suicidal mass murderers. They get their hands on some guns, plan out an attack, and murder, and then get shot by police to death. Their goal from the start is suicide, they just want to 'take people with them'.

I don't know how to 'reach' them. Russians appear to be very nationalistic. China seems like they're too trusting of their government.

One thing to really push hard on with Russia is reuniting the Russian Orthodox Church with Catholicism. They're Christians, perhaps the west could influence Russians through our bishops getting back together, seeing eye-to-eye again.

I don't know what to do about China. Perhaps focus on Russia first. If we can gain them, then maybe China wants to 'play ball' with us, seeing as how they'll by then be outnumbered and outgunned?

I don't know how to get there, I don't know the first steps, but we can still talk about where we want to get to one day. Hopefully, before WWIII gets here, no sane and moral person wants WWIII to ever get here.
I'll get back to this later today things being well. On your latter, absolutely.

marke

She said he said, but, unfortunately, like so many radical leftist claims, she cannot prove he said it. How typically degenerate of the radical leftist, Marxist, anti-Trump lynch mob.

marke

Jack Posobiec? Trash.
Jack Prosobiec is a former Naval officer in intelligence who cast off his parent's long devotion to the democrat party to join the republican party. For that reason, leftist propagandists and brain-washing gurus teach their gullible followers to consider him "Trash."

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Former US President Donald Trump reportedly suggested that the United States should “put the Chinese flag” on F-22 fighter jets and “bomb the s---” out of Russia:

marke

Former US President Donald Trump reportedly suggested that the United States should “put the Chinese flag” on F-22 fighter jets and “bomb the s---” out of Russia:

Trump sure knows how to generate attention for himself. Too bad Hillary never could attract favorable attention to herself like that.

Arthur Brain

Just as well this cretin is only background news these days. Stable genius? What an idiot.

Arthur Brain

Well, we already have the UN & NATO alliance. One thing to come out of this is the resolve of the West in general, condemning the invasion including Sweden abandoning it's neutrality on the score and siding with the Ukraine. Putin was probably hoping to sow discord and disunity but miscalculated the response as he has with the resistance of the Ukrainian people. It's a nice idea to have some global watchdog that ensures that people like Putin or any other despot doesn't have power over nuclear arsenals but realistically, at least from my perspective, it seems entirely untenable.

We're dealing with countries and states that have entirely different cultures to ours, who often view the West as decadent, that infringe upon many of their citizens freedoms that we take for granted. That isn't something that can be changed or if it can it's a long long way down the line. Even in our own respective countries we still have elements that would curtail freedoms if given the chance or invoke war. Not so long ago there was support from many on the far right on here for nuking Mecca by way of. Okay, they're a fringe minority and most people aren't bat crazy but it's still there nonetheless.

Unfortunately, the advent of nuclear weapons opened a can of worms that can't be shut and unfortunately, from a cynical point of view, it seems inevitable that they'll be used at some point although obviously I very much hope to be wrong on the score.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Jack Prosobiec is a former Naval officer in intelligence who cast off his parent's long devotion to the democrat party to join the republican party. For that reason, leftist propagandists and brain-washing gurus teach their gullible followers to consider him "Trash."

Pizzagate Posibiec is a lying, hoaxing, white nationalist troll. That, among other things, is why he's trash.

You should be more discerning with your admiration.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Andrei Kozyrev, foreign minister of Russia from 1991 to 1996, argued on Twitter Sunday that Putin has long believed Ukraine is not really a country at all and, "at best, should be a satellite state," Kozyrev writes. His hopes for indirect control of Ukraine were dashed in 2014's Maidan uprising, so force was his only other option, and "he also started to believe his own propagandists that Ukraine is run by a Nazi-Bandera junta."

So, "if you believe all three of the above to be true and your goal is to restore the glory of the Russian Empire (whatever that means), then it is perfectly rational to invade Ukraine," Kozyrev argues. "He miscalculated on all three, but that doesn't make him insane. Simply wrong and immoral." Read his entire thread to see how Kozyrev arrives at concluding Putin won't use nukes.

Idolater

Well, we already have the UN & NATO alliance. One thing to come out of this is the resolve of the West in general, condemning the invasion including Sweden abandoning it's neutrality on the score and siding with the Ukraine. Putin was probably hoping to sow discord and disunity but miscalculated the response as he has with the resistance of the Ukrainian people. It's a nice idea to have some global watchdog that ensures that people like Putin or any other despot doesn't have power over nuclear arsenals but realistically, at least from my perspective, it seems entirely untenable.
Switzerland.

And it's not untenable, it's just long term.
We're dealing with countries and states that have entirely different cultures to ours, who often view the West as decadent, that infringe upon many of their citizens freedoms that we take for granted. That isn't something that can be changed or if it can it's a long long way down the line.
It is, but it's been done. It was done successfully and completely in Germany and in Japan after WWII, and it was even done successfully in the American South after the Civil War----except that occupation was aborted due to partisan politics in Washington in 1877. As soon as the federal occupiers left the South the South spilled racist laws all over the place.
Even in our own respective countries we still have elements that would curtail freedoms if given the chance or invoke war.
Yes. It's a problem. We would have to settle on a constitution that isn't fragile or vulnerable to such wrong thinking.
Not so long ago there was support from many on the far right on here for nuking Mecca by way of. Okay, they're a fringe minority and most people aren't bat crazy but it's still there nonetheless.

Unfortunately, the advent of nuclear weapons opened a can of worms that can't be shut and unfortunately, from a cynical point of view, it seems inevitable that they'll be used at some point although obviously I very much hope to be wrong on the score.
We have to do something. We cannot fatalistically just accept WWIII.