Trinity Belief Is A Delusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jzeidler

So where is your list of verses that state that Jesus is "fully God and fully man"?

Why doesn't God, the author of scripture tell us that in scripture?

For that matter why doesn't God use invented words, trinity, triune, mother of God, God the Son, God-man, etc....?

Since God does not use those words to describe himself, who are you to use them?

You have a better vocabulary than the Creator?

Refer back to my previous posts on this thread. I have already made a compelling argument. You can choose to believe what Jesus claims about himself or not.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Refer back to my previous posts on this thread. I have already made a compelling argument. You can choose to believe what Jesus claims about himself or not.

I said
No you didn't.. I have already refuted your list at the top of this thread.

jzeidler

Refer to all of my posts. I will not have the same debate twice. I have no need to. Read and believe what you want.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
The Trinity is certainly not a delusion to those who believe in it and use it to interpret the Bible.

Again, however, it is theology and because it is, should never be taken literally.

If Jesus is the Lamb of God, does that then mean that Mary had a little lamb?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The Trinity is certainly not a delusion to those who believe in it and use it to interpret the Bible.

Again, however, it is theology and because it is, should never be taken literally.

If Jesus is the Lamb of God, does that then mean that Mary had a little lamb?

I said
lolol I don't know if your mocking the trinity or Jesus?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I said
lolol I don't know if your mocking the trinity or Jesus?
I suppose I am mocking the fact that Muslims and Christians make a fundamental mistake when they take the metaphoric and sacred language of their religions literally.

oatmeal

So my question remains unanswered.

Where does scripture speak of Jesus being "fully God and fully man"?

Since scripture does not state that Jesus is "fully God and fully man" I find no reason to believe that, "fully God and fully man" is a man made notion, not a God authored scripture.

Is God "fully God and fully man"?

Where does it state that God is "fully God and fully man"?

God is spirit. John 4:24

No man has seen God at any time. John 1:18, yet men have seen Jesus Christ, even unbelievers saw Jesus Christ.

If you do not wish to believe John 1:18, that is your choice.

No man has seen God at any time.

What does "any time" mean? It means "any time"

No man has ever seen God, ever.

Do you know how to believe?

Do you think you can believe John 1:18?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I suppose I am mocking the fact that Muslims and Christians make a fundamental mistake when they take the metaphoric and sacred language of their religions literally.

I said
lol That isn't no mistake. I take it literally. That is the only way to communicate with the Holy Spirit. Because He only quotes verses.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

Since scripture does not state that Jesus is "fully God and fully man" I find no reason to believe that, "fully God and fully man" is a man made notion, not a God authored scripture.

No man has seen God at any time. John 1:18, yet men have seen Jesus Christ, even unbelievers saw Jesus Christ.

I said
Let me try this on you. I think I know where they come up with that fully God and fully man. Because God was in Jesus for a while then God left Jesus. They can only assume that while God was in Jesus that it was Jesus all the time. The problem is that cant relate to spirits being in people and out of people. I know because I had my share to get rid of . I think some of them go brain dead when they read these verses.

2 Cor 5:19
19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
(NKJ)

John 14:10
10 "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works.
(NKJ)

Mark 15:34
34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?" which is translated, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?"
(NKJ)

1 Cor 12:6
6 And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all.
(NKJ)

Phil 2:13
13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
(NKJ)

Caino

BANNED
Banned

You have permission to have thoughts beyond " the scripture" that is just the thoughts of holy men anyway.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I said
lol That isn't no mistake. I take it literally. That is the only way to communicate with the Holy Spirit. Because He only quotes verses.
A literal view of the profoundly symbolic writings of the gospel authors was basically "locked in" after the time of the Enlightenment.

Rationality and logic and literalism trump myth and metaphor. Both fundamentalist Muslims and Christians adhere to these "rules."

My point has always been that is not that those ancient people told literal stories and we are now smart enough to take them symbolically. They told them symbolically and we are now dumb enough to take them literally.

And that means both traditionalists and atheists.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I said
How do you handle the plain and obvious discrepancies found in the Bible? Do you somehow use logic to "force" the contradictions into a seamless whole?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You have permission to have thoughts beyond " the scripture" that is just the thoughts of holy men anyway.

I said
That is blasphemy. No your not. Not if you want to learn the truth about God. The rules of believing state. Not to even think beyond what is written. And don't add one word to the verses, or take one word away from the verses.

1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
How do you handle the plain and obvious discrepancies found in the Bible? Do you somehow use logic to "force" the contradictions into a seamless whole?

I said
Well I know there are stumbling stones. And that is there purpose. A true believer will put them on the back burner until a later date.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
Where does it say that in scripture??? The belief in the trinity is heretical. I have proven that, over and over.

Well Squeaky, here's the deal. This is a trinitarian website. Your beliefs are heretical here. If I remember correctly even Knight has asked you to stop opening non-trinitarian threads. If I'm wrong, I apologize. Still your doctrine is not acceptable.

John 1:18New International Version (NIV)

18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Well Squeaky, here's the deal. This is a trinitarian website. Your beliefs are heretical here. If I remember correctly even Knight has asked you to stop opening non-trinitarian threads. If I'm wrong, I apologize. Still your doctrine is not acceptable.

John 1:18New International Version (NIV)

18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

I said
lolo I have never seen that anywhere in this website. Where does it say this is a Trinitarian website?
Three or four years ago they were talking about doing away with the NIV. I guess your just stuck in an old copy. Here is the way the bible says it.

John 1:18
18 No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.
(NKJ)

18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
(KJV)

18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared (him).
(ASV)

Status
Not open for further replies.