toldailytopic: What can be done to help prevent the epidemic of school shootings?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
this is very clever
and
right on

Any mother who would rather lock up her mentally ill son than lock up her guns and ammo is headed for epic failure, Sandy Hook style.

and
this is insignificant detail

How do you know that Adams mother "forgot to lock up her weapons and ammo"?

Every one has been saying that he was a very intelligent young man, what makes you think he didn't have the combination to the safe or know where a key may be hidden?

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
this is insignificant detail

To you obviously chris, but not to the investigation as to how and why this event unfolded.

We understand that you feel that CW has all the answers but not every one agrees with all her points of opinion, to each his own. :idunno:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
To you obviously chris, but not to the investigation as to how and why this event unfolded.

We understand that you feel that CW has all the answers but not every one agrees with all her points of opinion, to each his own. :idunno:

her information agrees with some of the news reports I seen
and
it makes sense

whether or not the guns were locked up is not as significant as the possibility that he was going to be locked up

this shows how important freedom is

how would you react
if
you learned someone was trying to take your freedom away?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
On the contrary, I have it prescribed for folks like you who have ongoing patterns of hallucinations, delusions, and breaks from reality.

Don't break a leg jumping to conclusions. :chuckle:

CW----->:dunce:

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
whether or not the guns were locked up is not as significant as the possibility that he was going to be locked up

Now you're going to toss in qualifiers? "Not as significant"?

how would you react
if
you learned someone was trying to take your freedom away?

Following this line you are advocating for people to start shooting more since our freedoms have been reduced on more than one occasion.

Specifically my freedom, as in some one attempting to have me committed? Sure won't be by killing children.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Now you're going to toss in qualifiers? "Not as significant"?

Following this line you are advocating for people to start shooting more since our freedoms have been reduced on more than one occasion.

Specifically my freedom, as in some one attempting to have me committed? Sure won't be by killing children.

why do you think he killed his mother first?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
this is very clever
and
right on

How do you know it's right on? How do you know the guns weren't locked up? There's so much hearsay out there, how do you know what's true and what's not enough to make a determination that it's clever and right on?

Here's more hearsay, just to add to the pile, just to show how many contradicting reports there are floating around out there:

Nancy's friends are discouraged by reports that she was a "big, big fan of guns," a detail that many news outlets lifted from Newtowner Jim Leff's blog. He and Nancy weren't friends, he wrote, just "exchanged greetings whenever we crossed paths." The owners and bar regulars at My Place say Nancy only recently took an interest in shooting.

"She took it up as a hobby about three years ago, target shooting," Mark Tambascio said. "She didn't talk much about it to me. Just, 'Oh, I went shooting today,' you know. Nothing else." He and his brother John insist she wouldn't have left her weapons unlocked or otherwise available for the taking.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
why do you think he killed his mother first?

Because that is where Adam went into his rage, what triggered this rampage may never be fully understood since both Adam and his mother are dead.

Since Adam continued his rampage by going to the Sandy Hook school and focused on the children causes me to suspect that some how Adam saw them as competition for his mothers love and they were the cause of the pain he was feeling.

Basically Adam killed his mother because he felt she betrayed his love by giving her love to the children and he wanted to destroy them (Mrs. Lanza and the children) all.

Christ's Word

How do you know that Adams mother "forgot to lock up her weapons and ammo"?

Every one has been saying that he was a very intelligent young man, what makes you think he didn't have the combination to the safe or know where a key may be hidden?

"Sandy Hook style" real classy comment.

It appears to me that you do not want to hold the mother responsible for the guns and ammo that she ownded.....why?

Any mother who allows a son, whom she is trying to have committed to a state institution, the combination to her safe where her weapons and ammo are stored makes a profound mistake. The results of this mistake are painfully obvious and irreversible.

The buck stops with the mother on allowing her guns to be accessed, a fatal mistake on her part.

There are real world and tragic consequences to not properly securing rifles, pistols and ammunition.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
It appears to me that you do not want to hold the mother responsible for the guns and ammo that she ownded.....why?

Any mother who allows a son, whom she is trying to have committed to a state institution, the combination to her safe where her weapons and ammo are stored makes a profound mistake. The results of this mistake are painfully obvious and irreversible.

The buck stops with the mother on allowing her guns to be accessed, a fatal mistake on her part.

There are real world and tragic consequences to not properly securing rifles, pistols and ammunition.

I've not said anything of the sort, but you are willing to assume a great deal about that entire situation.

I did ask why it would not be possible for Adam to come by the combination or key if indeed there was a safe being used. I have not read any reports as to what manner she used for the security of her weapons.

Now I ask why it would not be possible for Adam to have attacked her while she was working with the safe open/gun closet or what ever she used for the storage of her weapons?

You dear lady are in no position to instruct me on securing weapons.

Christ's Word

You dear lady are in no position to instruct me on securing weapons.

You are in no position to tell me what position I am in. I know more about small arms than any ten men you know, so be careful with your bogus assumptions.

Lanza did not attack his mother while she was working with the safe, he shot her in the head while she was asleep in her bed.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
You are in no position to tell me what position I am in. I know more about small arms than any ten men you know, so be careful with your bogus assumptions.

Be careful? or what?

You know more about everything than any number of people, at least within the walls of your ego.

Lanza did not attack his mother while she was working with the safe, he shot her in the head while she was asleep in her bed.

Show me your evidence.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Be careful? or what?
If CW's past is prologue, having your intelligence attacked and curiously sexual innuendo and speculation added.

You know more about everything than any number of people, at least within the walls of your ego.
But have you seen those walls? Special Forces couldn't get over them. Heaven knows she can't seem to. :think:

Show me your evidence.
I actually read a report that she was found dead in bed, but there have been so many erroneous reports it's probably better to wait until the whole thing has been gone over formally by the police and released. Be careful though, CW accused anna of lying because she didn't subscribe to CW's narrative. In that one the monster went to the school to specifically target the principal. Which is odd since he didn't storm the administrative offices, just inside the main door he blasted open. She had to rush out of there to interrupt him on his way before she was shot. At least that's been in most of the reported time lines.

We should probably wait.

Christ's Word

does that include you?

Not TH, she is the queen of speculation, with no real sources, other than her own "got nothing to do" ego. There are two sets of rules, the non rules for TH, and the bogus rules she tries to impose on everyone else. The height of hypocrisy. I wish someone would buy her another Barbie to keep her occupied, so adults could have honest discussion.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
CW, a word of advice. TH is a Christian. He doesn't consider it shameful to be a woman. So your gender confusion is just funny, not insulting.

If it means anything to you.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Not TH, she is the queen of speculation, with no real sources, other than her own "got nothing to do" ego.
See, CW apparently doesn't (understand pronouns). So it's much like, oh, everything she likes to talk about.

There are two sets of rules, the non rules for TH, and the bogus rules she tries to impose on everyone else.
No, not really. And here's a neat challenge: actually try to establish any of your spittle flecked rants with something substantive. A quote, a context that actually makes the point.

Just for the novelty of it.

The height of hypocrisy.
Well, no. And you can't sustain it. :thumb:

I wish someone would buy her another Barbie to keep her occupied, so adults could have honest discussion.
I love that you're attempting to paint me with the whole childish bit while acting like someone in high school.

Otherwise, your ongoing obsession with my sexuality and appearance is, again, noted. :D

Christ's Word

CW, a word of advice. TH is a Christian. He doesn't consider it shameful to be a woman. So your gender confusion is just funny, not insulting.

If it means anything to you.

Of course it is not shameful to be a woman, it is wonderful. Despite the whole Eve incident early on, women do great acts of service and kindness everyday. It is shameful to blabber on like a 14 year old girl over the most obvious stuff as TH does. When she stops insulting people and plays by the same rules she tries to impose on everyone else, I will stop mocking her as she tries to mock others. She is just an impotent nothing that believes in her own mind she can bully everyone else that posts here. As far as her being a Christian, I will leave that determination to Christ, simply above my pay grade, and I try not to make assumptions.