toldailytopic: Once a person is saved can they reject that salvation should they chan

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
IMJ, some advise; you don't need to post so many words! Just
limit your statements to, "I have no assurance of my standing
before God, I'll have to wait and see if my works/deeds will
suffice!" That statement will fit most of you on this thread!

genuineoriginal

What you just said, makes no logical sense!
It makes Biblical sense.

Malachi 3:2-3
2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:
3 And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the Lord an offering in righteousness.​

Malachi 3:17-18
17 And they shall be mine, saith the Lord of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.
18 Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.​

Titus 2:11-14
11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.​

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It makes Biblical sense.

Malachi 3:2-3
2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:
3 And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the Lord an offering in righteousness.​

Malachi 3:17-18
17 And they shall be mine, saith the Lord of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.
18 Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.​

Titus 2:11-14
11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.​

The Scriptures make sense, you, do not! Understand, or do
you need further clarification?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I understand that there is help for you.

James 1:5
5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.​

Too bad you don't know what you're talking about! At least
then, you'd be half way interesting to talk to! As it is, well,
we'll just leave it at that!

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
No, I would not. I know that it is only those that humble themselves before the LORD who will be lifted up. If I was to puff out my cheeks and say "of course I am saved", then I would be among the proud that God resists instead of being among the humble that gain God's favor.
Gen I believe ALL human flesh is as proud as the devil himself...but so many do not recognise this pride. So don't take this personally. You are that proud man here who says "I'm so humble" in fact you are too proud to admit you can add nothing to the salvation wherewith He has saved you.

No YOU must claim some credit for yourself.

Me all I can boast is to be an utterly miserable sinner.

I believe that God is the one separating the gold from the dross among those that profess to believe.
Of course you are that gold...all I am is an earthen vessel...He is the treasure
Those that continue in the faith are the ones that He chooses for salvation, those that fall away are thrown into the fire.
When you came to Him at first all you cried was "Lord I have tried and failed, I know I am no good, Lord save lest I perish" all your hope and faith were in Him...you have fallen away from this your first ground of faith.
Everyone that continues in the faith has every confidence in their coming salvation.
It is easy to know if you are continuing in the faith, why do you think there is any doubt?
Because THAT is your message....yours is a maybe salvation. I KNOW I am saved because He did it, I abide in what He did for me...even if my faith now failed His wouldn't.

There is no way to earn salvation by relying on works.
Jesus looks into your heart and can see if you are just paying lip service to Him.
Yet another contradiction..conditional salvation is one GREAT contradiction. you say now "no way to earn salvation by relying on works" but all along you have said it depends upon faith as expressed in works. You say you won't know you are saved until the last day....but the bible says He bought you on Calvary.
You must rely on Jesus and abide with Him by hearing what He says and walking in obedience to His instructions.
You must maintain a living relationship with Jesus in order to gain salvation.
How contrary to Jesu's word which says "because I live you shall live also"
No ifs
no buts
no peradventures
no maybes
Becuse I live you shall live also.

Who among us did not come to Christ repenting of our sins?
If we repented of our sins, should we return to living in them?
Who among us did not come to Christ calling Him Lord?
If He is Lord, should we not continue in obedience to His instructions?
If we TRULY believed we know "Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree that we being dead unto sin might live unto righteousness" how then can you return to them? they are put away. As far as the east is from the west so far has God removed our sin from us.

What are sins but breaking the commandments? so you are relying on keeping the law to be saved.

We should continue in His instructions...since we are now saved, children of the Most High God.

I have seen many people become saved over and over again because of OSAS. They lose confidence in their original salvation, and cannot believe they were truly saved without another born-again experience, as if the first was not good enough. They doubt whether they managed to believe strong enough to cross over from death to eternal life. They see friends and trusted mentors exposed as frauds and perverts, and wonder how their salvation is any more secure.
Nah ah this is your theology, we do not doubt on account of any physical evidence we believe God's word and we believe it till it becomes manifest...it is not people who have recieved eternal life who fall away.

I think it is freewill conditional salvationist who fall away.

There was a pervert at Corinth, he was sleeping with his own mother while the father was there....Paul never once suggests that he could be lost.
No, it is much better to follow the teachings of the Apostles on how to be sure you will be found worthy of the promise than to put your trust in a one-time conversion experience.
How many times have YOU became borned again? how often have you became a new creature? er how many times must Christ die on the cross for your sins?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Yes, let's talk about those who overcome. I see your belief is much closer to the truth than those who claim we can lose our salvation. So, I will put forth these verses for your careful consideration, and trust the Holy Spirit will reveal the truth therein.

Jesus told us to have peace while we suffer tribulation because He has overcome the world.

1. John 16:33
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

We see as children of God we have overcome because Christ in us is greater than he that is in the world.

1 John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

"This is the victory that overcometh the world...even our FAITH."

1 John 5:4
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

He that believeth is he that overcometh.

1 John 5:5
Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

1 John 5:10
He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

1 John 5:11
And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

1 John 5:12
He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

Here we see the importance of our KNOWING we have eternal life.

1 John 5:13
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

An hexcellent post and worthy of a bump...fresh outta reps Glory...later

genuineoriginal

Gen I believe ALL human flesh is as proud as the devil himself...but so many do not recognise this pride. So don't take this personally. You are that proud man here who says "I'm so humble" in fact you are too proud to admit you can add nothing to the salvation wherewith He has saved you.

No YOU must claim some credit for yourself.

Me all I can boast is to be an utterly miserable sinner.
Many are called, but only those that answer that call and are properly attired will be chosen.

Matthew 22:11-14
11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
14 For many are called, but few are chosen.​

Of course you are that gold...all I am is an earthen vessel...He is the treasure

Leviticus 11:33
33 And every earthen vessel, whereinto any of them falleth, whatsoever is in it shall be unclean; and ye shall break it.​

Job 23:10
10 But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.​

When you came to Him at first all you cried was "Lord I have tried and failed, I know I am no good, Lord save lest I perish" all your hope and faith were in Him...you have fallen away from this your first ground of faith.
Nothing has changed, all my hope and faith are in Him.
I am not saying I am already saved and have no more need of Him.

Because THAT is your message....yours is a maybe salvation. I KNOW I am saved because He did it, I abide in what He did for me...even if my faith now failed His wouldn't.
It is not a "maybe" salvation, it is a conditional salvation.

John 8:31
31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;​

Colossians 1:21-23
21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled
22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;​

Yet another contradiction..conditional salvation is one GREAT contradiction. you say now "no way to earn salvation by relying on works" but all along you have said it depends upon faith as expressed in works. You say you won't know you are saved until the last day....but the bible says He bought you on Calvary.
There is no contradiction.
The only way for any of us to gain salvation is by Jesus giving it as a reward to those He looks upon with favor (grace).
The only way to have Jesus look upon you with favor is to do the will of the Father, which is faith as expressed in our works and our hearts.

How contrary to Jesu's word which says "because I live you shall live also"
No ifs
no buts
no peradventures
no maybes
Becuse I live you shall live also.
There are plenty of ifs surrounding salvation. Look them up sometime.

If we TRULY believed we know "Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree that we being dead unto sin might live unto righteousness" how then can you return to them? they are put away. As far as the east is from the west so far has God removed our sin from us.

What are sins but breaking the commandments? so you are relying on keeping the law to be saved.

We should continue in His instructions...since we are now saved, children of the Most High God.
Look at what you did. You based your entire salvation on one moment in time when you may have TRULY believed.

My salvation is based on Him calling and me answering His call in the manner He commanded.

Revelation 14:12
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.​

Nah ah this is your theology, we do not doubt on account of any physical evidence we believe God's word and we believe it till it becomes manifest...it is not people who have recieved eternal life who fall away.

I think it is freewill conditional salvationist who fall away.
The conditional salvationists who fall away know the consequences. The OSAS believers that don't know salvation is conditional always have problems knowing whether there really was a specific moment in time when they TRULY believed.

There was a pervert at Corinth, he was sleeping with his own mother while the father was there....Paul never once suggests that he could be lost.
Paul never once suggested that that man could be saved unless his carnal nature was destroyed.
How many times have YOU became borned again? how often have you became a new creature? er how many times must Christ die on the cross for your sins?
When I believed in OSAS? Way too many.
Since I chose to see what the scriptures actually said about conditional salvation, there hasn't been a problem.

glorydaz

Many are called, but only those that answer that call and are properly attired will be chosen.

Matthew 22:11-14
11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
14 For many are called, but few are chosen.​

We are "properly attired" when we believe....our faith is counted as righteousness....not of works that any man should boast. You boast that it is your enduring that saves you. That is ERROR.

Isaiah 61:10
I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

Romans 4:5
But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

33 And every earthen vessel, whereinto any of them falleth, whatsoever is in it shall be unclean; and ye shall break it.​

10 But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.​

Yes, the refiners fire...."He shall suffer loss: but HE HIMSELF SHALL BE SAVED."

1 Cor. 3:13-15
Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

If you are not already saved then you have more need of Him than you realize. You are still wandering in the wilderness not knowing your only hope of salvation is trusting fully in Him instead of your own ability to endure. That's the step of faith you are unwilling to take. Entering into the REST must be done before you die.

31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;​

21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled
22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;​

Have you ever heard the term "begotten of the Gospel"? Ye must be born again. This is referring to the time you are FULLY PERSUADED that He is able....not that you must do anything more than believe (saving faith is being fully persuaded). It is not of works that any man should boast EVEN of his own enduring.

The only way for any of us to gain salvation is by Jesus giving it as a reward to those He looks upon with favor (grace).
The only way to have Jesus look upon you with favor is to do the will of the Father, which is faith as expressed in our works and our hearts.

Grace is the shed blood, and faith is applying that blood by faith. The will of the Father is that we believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. You just added to the Word of God by claiming our works are necessary for salvation. Good works are a result of salvation. If you have to wait until you die to be saved how can good works be the result of salvation?

Romans 4:5
But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Look at what you did. You based your entire salvation on one moment in time when you may have TRULY believed.

One moment? Is one born and then not have life? Those who are born of God have abundant life and proof of their salvation every day of their life thereafter. One moment? I'm shocked you would even say that.

The conditional salvationists who fall away know the consequences. The OSAS believers that don't know salvation is conditional always have problems knowing whether there really was a specific moment in time when they TRULY believed.

I not only know the specific moment I was saved, but I have a long list of answered prayer to prove it. I have a peace that is obviously something you can't have until you stand before the judgement seat. I am able to come boldly before the throne of God, and I have since the day I was born a new creation. Why wait for what you can have right now?

Paul never once suggested that that man could be saved unless his carnal nature was destroyed.

Since I chose to see what the scriptures actually said about conditional salvation, there hasn't been a problem.

It isn't a problem that you have no peace or assurance as you face the trials that come upon you in this life? It isn't the place of REST those of us who are seated with Christ in the heavenlies have, I can guarantee you that.

glorydaz

Jesus also said there will be those that fall away because of tribulation.

Matthew 13:20-21
20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.​

In my understanding, these are people that did not continue in the faith. They tried to save their lives, and ended up losing them.

No, in the parable of the seed, the only ones who are saved are those where the seed is sown in good ground (a heart prepared to receive it). Those who have no root (no deep conviction...not fully persuaded,) AND no fruit have no salvation. In other words those who hear the Word of God but are not born of the Spirit (for the fruit is evidence of the Spirit within.)

OSAS says they are either saved despite not overcoming, or they were never saved in the first place, causing great confusion.

That isn't what OSAS says at all. Those who do not overcome are those who do not have true FAITH. They only have a false faith. They have not been fully persuaded by the Gospel message of salvation....which is that salvation is by grace through faith....a free gift not one that can be earned by any works of righteousness that we may do. Those who believe ARE those who overcome. Faith in Jesus Christ is the victory by which we overcome. Just as Abraham believed God and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

John starts out by setting forth conditions for knowing whether we are in fellowship with Jesus or not.

1 John 1:6-7
6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.​

We can't overcome without being in fellowship with Him, but we can know when we are in fellowship with Him.

1 John 4:13
13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.​

Romans 8:9
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.​

All those can be summed up in what Paul says there in Romans 8:9 We are NOT in the flesh (darkness) if the Holy Spirit dwells in us. It is our position IN CHRIST that saves up. Plain and simple. The Holy Spirit does not come to dwell in us until our heart is purified by faith (circumcised) and we then pass from death unto life.

These long posts aren't doing anyone any good. I'll answer the rest, but I'm not really sure it will do any good, since you seem determined to believe you must endure to the end of your life before you can partake of eternal life. That pretty much tells me you are counting on your endurance instead of trusting in our Lord's keeping you through every trial and temptation that comes upon you. He's kept me through countless trials and temptations over these last forty plus years, and I have no doubt He kept me in spite of myself. I give Him all the glory...which is as it should be.

glorydaz

IMJ, some advise; you don't need to post so many words! Just
limit your statements to, "I have no assurance of my standing
before God, I'll have to wait and see if my works/deeds will
suffice!" That statement will fit most of you on this thread!

And you have summed it up perfectly. That kind is not the saving faith required of us, and it certainly isn't the good news we are to be preaching. I wonder how many who have been convicted by the Spirit of their sin would find any hope in the fact that they would have to perfect themselves in order to obtain the salvation that's been offered them. The whole point is that they be convinced they are NOT able, and they must trust completely in Him to do the work in us. It's why the Holy Spirit is called the Comforter...so that our confidence is in the fact that the Spirit of Christ dwells IN US and we are HIS WORKMANSHIP....not our own.

Psalm 46:1-5
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah. There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High. God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.

That is not being fully persuaded that salvation is a gift. It reminds me of Jason saying it's like God gives us a new car but we are responsible for it's maintenance. :chuckle:

Proverbs 3:26
For the LORD shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.

It's an age old problem....man putting his confidence in himself instead of in the Lord.

Isaiah 30:15
For thus saith the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength: and ye would not.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
And you have summed it up perfectly. That kind is not the saving faith required of us, and it certainly isn't the good news we are to be preaching. I wonder how many who have been convicted by the Spirit of their sin would find any hope in the fact that they would have to perfect themselves in order to obtain the salvation that's been offered them. The whole point is that they be convinced they are NOT able, and they must trust completely in Him to do the work in us. It's why the Holy Spirit is called the Comforter...so that our confidence is in the fact that the Spirit of Christ dwells IN US and we are HIS WORKMANSHIP....not our own.

Psalm 46:1-5
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah. There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High. God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.

That is not being fully persuaded that salvation is a gift. It reminds me of Jason saying it's like God gives us a new car but we are responsible for it's maintenance. :chuckle:

Proverbs 3:26
For the LORD shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.

It's an age old problem....man putting his confidence in himself instead of in the Lord.

Isaiah 30:15
For thus saith the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength: and ye would not.

Excellent thread Glory

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

Matthew 22:11-14​

13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.​

14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

How often I say [an it is an historical fact] that conditional salvation is the child but freewill the mother and father. Conditional salvation comes from freewill doctrine, a theology which is centred upon man and his will, his decisions and his doings his choosings.

Our theology begins with God and His choosings, many are called but few chosen...this man chose himself. The garments he wore were his own, garments HE had worked and paid for. Our robes are the robes of righteousness wholly provided by our gracious Lord, they fit us right well and are GLORIOUS,they are luxuriously scented with cassia and mhyrr [sic] For us God began the work, He will finish it and He will do all the carrying on of it until it is completed.

No wonder we shout for joy.

Yes we love the law, but our earthen vessel is filled with treasure...even Christ....not a ferret and the chameleon, the tortoise, the mouse or yet the weasel..[lev:11.29-31]

Job never claimed his own righteousness but the righteousness of his Redeemer. His faith ws in the blood sacrifice.
This contradicts what all else you say, it IS a MASSIVE contradiction in terms for if you believe in Him you ARE saved for faith in Christ IS salvation and eternal life.

But you are not continuing in His words for Jesus never adds this word "conditional" but "He who hears My word and believes in Him who sent HAS eternal life and I will raise him up at the last day"

hath HE reconciled in the body of His flesh through death...

All is done here by Him..."he hath sanctified for all time by a single offering..."

But you are not continuing in the faith, you are moving away from your first hope which you heard. [but God is gracious]

What a contradiction [talk about weasels falling into vessels :eek:] there is a weasel here somewhere.

There are plenty of ifs surrounding salvation. Look them up sometime.
If you believe this is the only if and if you believe not that is the only but

My salvation is based on Him calling and me answering His call in the manner He commanded.
But my dear Gen the believing WAS for salvation, that is what I called upon Him for, for LIFE for salvation...why do you complain because that is what I recieved?

Revelation 14:12​

12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.​

Patience is good and nice, I am glad you mentioned it
The conditional salvationists who fall away know the consequences. The OSAS believers that don't know salvation is conditional always have problems knowing whether there really was a specific moment in time when they TRULY believed.​
Well that is an HUGE subject on it's own dear Gen...I do hear some very strange and vague testimonies...they all seem to come from your camp, not from the free grace camp. We know the day of our espousals, we remember very well the moment we were brought out from the domain of Satan and transported in the kingdom of God's dear Son

He was in fact restored fully to fellowship upon Paul's instruction...but I am one who believes in holiness, I believe God will punish wilful sin in His people. That all is another topic and different to the one in hand.

Since I chose to see what the scriptures actually said about conditional salvation, there hasn't been a problem.​
As we have agreed God will chastise the wilful sinner...even to the destruction of the flesh, and if the assembly were worth it's salt it would act to remove such persons until they repent. That was Paul's way. God bless you

genuineoriginal

No, in the parable of the seed, the only ones who are saved are those where the seed is sown in good ground (a heart prepared to receive it). Those who have no root (no deep conviction...not fully persuaded,) AND no fruit have no salvation. In other words those who hear the Word of God but are not born of the Spirit (for the fruit is evidence of the Spirit within.)
Yep. It is too bad OSAS fools people without root and without works (fruit) into thinking that they are already saved.

That isn't what OSAS says at all. Those who do not overcome are those who do not have true FAITH. They only have a false faith. They have not been fully persuaded by the Gospel message of salvation....which is that salvation is by grace through faith....a free gift not one that can be earned by any works of righteousness that we may do. Those who believe ARE those who overcome. Faith in Jesus Christ is the victory by which we overcome. Just as Abraham believed God and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
Everything you say here is true.
Those who overcome are those who believe to the saving of the soul. (Hebrews 10:39) Just as Abraham believed God and his faith shown through his works was accounted to him as righteousness. (James 2:21-24)

All those can be summed up in what Paul says there in Romans 8:9 We are NOT in the flesh (darkness) if the Holy Spirit dwells in us. It is our position IN CHRIST that saves up. Plain and simple. The Holy Spirit does not come to dwell in us until our heart is purified by faith (circumcised) and we then pass from death unto life.
I can't see how you came up with that from the scriptures.
The spirit is given as a mark of us receiving the promise of eternal life when we believe. Romans 8:9 is saying don't give in to our lusts (in the flesh) but live righteously (in the spirit). The scriptures do not speak of our position in Christ, so I don't know where you got the idea that it is our position in Christ that saves up.

These long posts aren't doing anyone any good. I'll answer the rest, but I'm not really sure it will do any good, since you seem determined to believe you must endure to the end of your life before you can partake of eternal life. That pretty much tells me you are counting on your endurance instead of trusting in our Lord's keeping you through every trial and temptation that comes upon you. He's kept me through countless trials and temptations over these last forty plus years, and I have no doubt He kept me in spite of myself. I give Him all the glory...which is as it should be.
I believe what is written in the scriptures. The scriptures say true believers guard themselves (1 John 5:18). The scriptures say the way we commit the keeping of our soul to Jesus is through well doing (1 Peter 4:19). The scriptures say we are to keep ourselves unspotted by the world (James 1:27).

genuineoriginal

But you are not continuing in His words for Jesus never adds this word "conditional" but "He who hears My word and believes in Him who sent HAS eternal life and I will raise him up at the last day"
The problem is not that I can see that salvation is conditional.
The problem is with the people that teach that it is not.

2 Timothy 2:12 NASB
12 If we endure, we will also reign with Him;
If we deny Him, He also will deny us;​

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The problem is not that I can see that salvation is conditional.
The problem is with the people that teach that it is not.

2 Timothy 2:12 NASB
12 If we endure, we will also reign with Him;
If we deny Him, He also will deny us;​

2. Timothy 2:13
If we believe not yet HE abideth faithful, He cannot deny Himself.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yep. It is too bad OSAS fools people without root and without works (fruit) into thinking that they are already saved.

Everything you say here is true.
Those who overcome are those who believe to the saving of the soul. (Hebrews 10:39) Just as Abraham believed God and his faith shown through his works was accounted to him as righteousness. (James 2:21-24)

I can't see how you came up with that from the scriptures.
The spirit is given as a mark of us receiving the promise of eternal life when we believe. Romans 8:9 is saying don't give in to our lusts (in the flesh) but live righteously (in the spirit). The scriptures do not speak of our position in Christ, so I don't know where you got the idea that it is our position in Christ that saves up.

I believe what is written in the scriptures. The scriptures say true believers guard themselves (1 John 5:18). The scriptures say the way we commit the keeping of our soul to Jesus is through well doing (1 Peter 4:19). The scriptures say we are to keep ourselves unspotted by the world (James 1:27).

You can't see the truth that's set before you! Therefore,
you'll not be nourished by it!