Thread for tracking Michae Cadry's 11/9/2017 prophecy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hedshaker

There's still an outside chance he's a long game troll just funnin' us.

I doubt Michael has anywhere near enough intelligence to be a Troll and he doesn't sound to me like someone engaged in the art of "funnin". Maybe he really believes it all in his head and there's nothing you could say that would make him doubt that, or even question it.

How is Micheal being a divine prophet any more hard to swallow than some dude defying gravity and walking on water? At least we know the water stunt is impossible outside of trickery or out right magic.

God's Truth

I doubt Michael has anywhere near enough intelligence to be a Troll and he doesn't sound to me like someone engaged in the art of "funnin". Maybe he really believes it all in his head and there's nothing you could say that would make him doubt that, or even question it.

How is Micheal being a divine prophet any more hard to swallow than some dude defying gravity and walking on water? At least we know the water stunt is impossible outside of trickery or out right magic.

There is a way you can know for yourself if what Jesus says is true.
Jesus tells us how to know.

You will have to get his teachings and obey them.

John 7:17 Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

Hedshaker

Dear RD,

Ha! You are a sicker person that needs some help, instead. You can't see the signs of Our Greatly Loved Lord Jesus getting ready to return for us? That is an inward defect of your own heart and mind. To me, this is a Joyful, yet Solemn Time to be savored and cherished. Quit worrying about me, and worry for your own soul.

Tambora and steko, how can you be taken in by this person? I still love you both, irregardless!

Praise God, For He Keeps His Promises And His Words Do Not Return To Him Undone!!

Michael
IRREGARDLESS

"Irregardless was popularized in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its increasingly widespread spoken use called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that "there is no such word." There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead." Meriam-Webstar

Numpty!

Hedshaker

There is a way you can know for yourself if what Jesus says is true.
Jesus tells us how to know.

You will have to get his teachings and obey them.

John 7:17 Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

Right. And every word you say is true because.... you say so? No that can't be it. Oh right, it's because what you say comes from a higher authority.

Got it. But how is that any different from what Michael says?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Or maybe your God is Ok with free speech but you didn't get the circular.

TOL rules do not have to follow free speech, and, in fact, they do not. The forum is privately owned; it is not a public forum, so forget free speech :dunce:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Whose mocking who?

Whose mocking who?

You can be an atheist on TOL, but you cannot outright mock God

Hi Kat :)

Yes,...I dive into some atheist/theist debates, and am open to here agnostic/atheistic viewpoints, being the liberal eclectic free thinker I AM :crackup:

However, what borders on 'mockery' or 'blasphemy' (assumed intentional or otherwise) is somewhat sketchy around here, and some moderators take their determination of what is 'blasphemy' a bit overboard. That's just my opinion of course :cool:

In fact as I EVOLVE, i'm not caring too much for 'denominations' since one cant even prove 'God' exists, or their 'theology' is the right one, beyond their own 'terms', 'criteria', 'proof-texts', 'opinion', and preferential 'evidence' claims, etc. About the only thing one can prove to himself is his own existence, by the sheer reality of 'awareness'. Awareness exists,...thats all you can really know :)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist

Hi hedshaker,

Its been awhile :) - I agree and have shared my thoughts on MC, hes a 'friend', and has just as much right to his 'prophetic visions' as any other so called prophet from any religious tradiiton or culture mind you. Yes, the ole 'heretic hunter' antics gets old after awhile, since all they have really is an old sterile text subject to so many interpretations, which is subject to one's own SPIN. - quoting the OT also tickles one pink, when they reject most of it, and just 'cherry pick' those verses that support their arguments.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Right. And every word you say is true because.... you say so? No that can't be it. Oh right, it's because what you say comes from a higher authority.

There is no authority beyond what truly has authentic power in and of itself. On this, one can consider one's own 'essence', the power of choice and individual sovereignty. While a religious book may form a nucleus or compendium of doctrinal teaching or religious themes, at least there is only the integrity of one's own SELF and their relationships at the end of the day that counts for anything. If this is true, this would be the case in this world, and ALL worlds.

Hedshaker

Hi Kat :)

Yes,...I dive into some atheist/theist debates, and am open to here agnostic/atheistic viewpoints, being the liberal eclectic free thinker I AM :crackup:

However, what borders on 'mockery' or 'blasphemy' (assumed intentional or otherwise) is somewhat sketchy around here, and some moderators take their determination of what is 'blasphemy' a bit overboard. That's just my opinion of course :cool:

In fact as I EVOLVE, i'm not caring too much for 'denominations' since one cant even prove 'God' exists, or their 'theology' is the right one, beyond their own 'terms', 'criteria', 'proof-texts', 'opinion', and preferential 'evidence' claims, etc. About the only thing one can prove to himself is his own existence, by the sheer reality of 'awareness'. Awareness exists,...thats all you can really know :)

Indeed. And engaging in a "faith" no longer puts one in a critic free zone. It's so easy to just attack the person instead of the actual argument. In Islam that called Islamaphobia, but I thought Christianity was a little better than that. Oh well.

Hedshaker

There is no authority beyond what truly has authentic power in and of itself. On this, one can consider one's own 'essence', the power of choice and individual sovereignty. While a religious book may form a nucleus or compendium of doctrinal teaching or religious themes, at least there is only the integrity of one's own SELF and their relationships at the end of the day that counts for anything. If this is true, this would be the case in this world, and ALL worlds.

You still haven't explained why anyone should believe you. Mindless preaching is fun an all but proves nothing. I know full well what you believe, as I do with Michael. What I'm not that clear about is why?

Edit: given that "why"is the most important question, and one that should be just as important to the believer as the skeptic.

God's Truth

Where did I say believe me?

I told you that if you want to know if what Jesus says is true, then Jesus says there is a way you can find out.

Otherwise, your opinions of Jesus are worthless.

You have no experience or knowledge to speak about Jesus.

If you want experience and knowledge to speak of Jesus, then you have to do what he says to do to get that knowledge.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You still haven't explained why anyone should believe you. Mindless preaching is fun an all but proves nothing. I know full well what you believe, as I do with Michael. What I'm not that clear about is why?

Edit: given that "why"is the most important question, and one that should be just as important to the believer as the skeptic.

Just enjoy the propositional prose :)

Its all just 'alphabet soup' anyways......

You too must be careful of assumptions, such as what one believes. As far as 'beliefs' go, I could dispense just as quick with any that serve no real purpose beyond preference or fancy.

As per my first post and others here, I'm just adding to the conversation seeing that all this 'gang-up' on MC stuff is curious given the prophetic nature of the religion in question anyways. There is little evidence in the NT that anyone was stoned for being a 'false prophet' among the early followers of Jesus (jew or gentile), although at least one case for a true prophecy was given by a 'prophet' in the record of 'Acts', but who knows if that was part of a narrative fiction or not.

So how is the music coming these days?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
TOL rules do not have to follow free speech, and, in fact, they do not. The forum is privately owned; it is not a public forum, so forget free speech :dunce:

As far as I know, TOL is a public forum open to the public :) - of course I assume alot of forums are 'privately' owned, so not sure if our terms or definitions are accurate here. But who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.