ECT The worm

dodge

WHICH apostles and prophets do you think that he is talking about? OT.... NO!!

He is talking about HIMSELF and the prophets that were part of HIS ministry.
Acts 21:9-14 (AKJV/PCE)
(21:9) And the same man had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy. (21:10) And as we tarried [there] many days, there came down from Judaea a certain prophet, named Agabus. (21:11) And when he was come unto us, he took Paul's girdle, and bound his own hands and feet, and said, Thus saith the Holy Ghost, So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man that owneth this girdle, and shall deliver [him] into the hands of the Gentiles. (21:12) And when we heard these things, both we, and they of that place, besought him not to go up to Jerusalem. (21:13) Then Paul answered, What mean ye to weep and to break mine heart? for I am ready not to be bound only, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus. (21:14) And when he would not be persuaded, we ceased, saying, The will of the Lord be done.

The Old Testament prophets and the 12 apostles were NOT the only ones.

I think if you read Isa. or any OT prophet you will see that God gave them the gospel. Did they fully understand that truth ? Only they and God know.

Was Jesus foreshadowed in Jonah ? I believe HE was.

Jesus said, "as Jonah was in the whales belly 3 days and 3 nights so shall the Son of Man be in the earth 3 days and 3 nights ".

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
WHICH apostles and prophets do you think that he is talking about? OT.... NO!!

He is talking about HIMSELF and the prophets that were part of HIS ministry.
Acts 21:9-14 (AKJV/PCE)
(21:9) And the same man had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy. (21:10) And as we tarried [there] many days, there came down from Judaea a certain prophet, named Agabus. (21:11) And when he was come unto us, he took Paul's girdle, and bound his own hands and feet, and said, Thus saith the Holy Ghost, So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man that owneth this girdle, and shall deliver [him] into the hands of the Gentiles. (21:12) And when we heard these things, both we, and they of that place, besought him not to go up to Jerusalem. (21:13) Then Paul answered, What mean ye to weep and to break mine heart? for I am ready not to be bound only, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus. (21:14) And when he would not be persuaded, we ceased, saying, The will of the Lord be done.

The Old Testament prophets and the 12 apostles were NOT the only ones.

All of the Apostles were given the revelation by the Holy Spirit as Paul was.

Paul did not give it to others, it came from Christ, as it still does today.

Has Christ spoken to you as He did to Paul??

or are you an unwise virgin of Mat ch 25?

LA

dodge

I guess that you'll never accept it, but Paul is that other different apostle. He was NOT part of the ministry of the 12. He was given a unique ministry by God.

This is why he constantly says things like this:

Rom 2:16 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:16) In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Rom 16:24-26 (AKJV/PCE)
(16:24) The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ [be] with you all. Amen. (16:25) Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, (16:26) But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

2Tim 2:8 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:8) Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

1Tim 1:11 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:11) According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.

Why does Paul always single himself out in this way? Do you think that he is arrogant or self-centered? Is he disobedient to God?

It was not and never was Paul's gospel. Paul taught what Jesus told him to teach. It was , is, and will always be Jesus' gospel.

Did Paul live a sinless life ? No.

Did Paul go to Calvary for anyone's sin ? No.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Paul has long since died and gone to heaven. SO if Paul is not here and he cannot now be followed is everyone since Paul went on to heaven is everyone since then heading for hell in your opinion ?
We are saved by the same gospel Paul received (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) and follow Paul by 1 Timothy 1:3 KJV, 1 Timothy 4:16 KJV, 2 Timothy 1:13 KJV (Romans through Philemon), 2 Timothy 2:2 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:7-8 KJV and 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV, 2 Timothy 4:2 KJV.

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
He was forgiven.
Yes, which should show you that God was going to do something different through Paul and that is exactly what we see (1 Timothy 1:16 KJV) as there was no escape clause to Matthew 12:31-32 KJV!

Jesus came unto His own and His own received Him not (John 1:11 KJV). They crucified the Lord, as they would have no man to rule over them, but Caesar (John 19:15 KJV). They did not believe that Jesus was the Christ, the Son of the living God. Only a little flock believed. They will sit on twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel (Matthew 19:28 KJV) in the millenial kingdom.

The world was ripe for God's judgment and at the stoning of Stephen (the last straw-so to speak), rather than judgment coming (the wrath to come), God saved the chief of sinners (Acts 9, 1 Timothy 1:13-16 KJV), His biggest enemy (Galatians 1:11-16 KJV), and through His apostleship/his "office" (Romans 11:13 KJV, 1 Timothy 2:7 KJV, 2 Timothy 1:11 KJV) by the unscheduled appearance(s)/revelations from the risen, glorified Lord Jesus Christ to and through him~God began a mystery body, time, gospel and eternal destination; an inheritance far above all heavens. Check out what God hath done and what He is doing today in Romans through Philemon (2 Timothy 1:13 KJV)!

Right Divider

Body part
I think if you read Isa. or any OT prophet you will see that God gave them the gospel. Did they fully understand that truth ? Only they and God know.

Was Jesus foreshadowed in Jonah ? I believe HE was.

Jesus said, "as Jonah was in the whales belly 3 days and 3 nights so shall the Son of Man be in the earth 3 days and 3 nights ".
There were many things foreshadowed in prophecy concerning Jesus. This does NOT change the fact that Paul was given dispensation of the gospel and it was NOT the gospel that Peter and the other circumcision apostles preached.

If you want to continue to simply believe what churchianity has been teaching falsely for so long, go ahead.
If you would like to learn what the Bible actually teaches, you'll be much better off.

The risen and ascending Lord Jesus Christ gave Paul NEW revelation. God does that from time to time.

P.S. Way too many have swallowed the "there can only be one good news in the Bible" nonsense. There is LOTS of good news in the Bible.

Right Divider

Body part
It was not and never was Paul's gospel. Paul taught what Jesus told him to teach. It was , is, and will always be Jesus' gospel.
Paul says that it was; you say that it was not. I believe Paul.

Did Paul live a sinless life ? No.

Did Paul go to Calvary for anyone's sin ? No.
Completely illogical and irrelevant! Paul's gospel is about Jesus Christ and HIS death, burial, and resurrection.

I have NEVER claimed what YOU say there. You are WAY off base (which is the usual type of hysterics that happen when folks go off the deep end with comments like that).

Don't be part of the crowd that has to stoop to false accusations.

Right Divider

Body part
You could actually read the verse .

There was no new Gospel.

Eph 3:5
Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
Yes, it was NOW revealed to Paul .... and others.... what is you supposed point?

Paul revealed it to the 12, see Galatians 2 and Acts 15.

heir

TOL Subscriber
You could actually read the verse .

There was no new Gospel.

Eph 3:5
Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
The gospel Paul preached as the power of God was most certainly a mystery (Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV).

The mystery of Ephesians 3 is the mystery of the gospel; that the Gentiles (like the Ephesians to whom Paul wrote the letter and to whom we are likened to Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV) should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of God's promise in Christ by the gospel (Ephesians 3:6 KJV). It is "but now" mystery truth:

"mystery"

"Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men"

"as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit"

"unsearchable"

"hid in God"

That it is "now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit" is set in contrast to the earlier mystery (the mystery of Christ) which was a mystery hidden in the scriptures "according to the scriptures" of Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV. It's the difference between the mystery of Christ and the mystery of the gospel!

dodge

Right Divider;4804892]Paul says that it was; you say that it was not. I believe Paul.

WRONG ! Paul said follow me as I follow Jesus. It was NOT Paul's gospel it was the good news that Jesus died for our sins. WORDS have meaning.

Completely illogical and irrelevant! Paul's gospel is about Jesus Christ and HIS death, burial, and resurrection.

I follow Jesus whom Paul followed ! See the difference ?
Don't be part of the crowd that has to stoop to false accusations.

You know Roman Catholics a follow a pope , and it appears Madist follow Paul . Christians follow Jesus who ALL of scripture, and the prophets, prophesied about.

dodge

There were many things foreshadowed in prophecy concerning Jesus. This does NOT change the fact that Paul was given dispensation of the gospel and it was NOT the gospel that Peter and the other circumcision apostles preached.

If you want to continue to simply believe what churchianity has been teaching falsely for so long, go ahead.
If you would like to learn what the Bible actually teaches, you'll be much better off.

The risen and ascending Lord Jesus Christ gave Paul NEW revelation. God does that from time to time.

P.S. Way too many have swallowed the "there can only be one good news in the Bible" nonsense. There is LOTS of good news in the Bible.

ONE gospel( same message ) two totally different groups of people being preached to.

Do you suppose the gentiles would have understood the significance of the Mikvah ( baptism ) as the Jews would have ? The Jews were raised under the wrong idea that the law was how God should be satisfied. Micah gives one of the clearest pictures of how God reconciles sinners , and yes it was through GRACE. King David also understood that sinners are NOT reconciled to God by works but through GRACE.

I suggest you STOP dividing God's message of the GOSPEL !

Remember that there is neither JEW nor GENTILE In Christ JESUS.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus came unto His own and His own received Him not (John 1:11 KJV).

The same as in the world today.

Jesus Christ offered the kingdom to the Father's firstborn son.

Those who have the Holy Spirit are the kingdom. Those who don't, aren't.

Right Divider

Body part
ONE gospel( same message ) two totally different groups of people being preached to.

Do you suppose the gentiles would have understood the significance of the Mikvah ( baptism ) as the Jews would have ? The Jews were raised under the wrong idea that the law was how God should be satisfied. Micah gives one of the clearest pictures of how God reconciles sinners , and yes it was through GRACE. King David also understood that sinners are NOT reconciled to God by works but through GRACE.

I suggest you STOP dividing God's message of the GOSPEL !

Remember that there is neither JEW nor GENTILE In Christ JESUS.
I suggest that you understand the Bible rightly divided instead of incorrectly mashing it into a mess.

We do NOT claim that GRACE is new.... only that God has TWO realms that He has plans for and that they are NOT identical plans (though they are are eventually JOINED together INTO one).
Eph 1:10 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:10) That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; [even] in him:

Do you think that NOW is the "dispensation of the fullness of times"? Paul puts it in the future, so it did not happen at the cross.

Could Israel have claimed to NOT to do the works that God gave them and just claim grace?

Who said that there is "neither Jew nor Greek"? Oh, right... that was Paul. This statement was made about the church which is His body.... you will NOT find that in the preaching of Peter and the other circumcision apostles. You will NOT find that on the day of Pentecost when Peter was preaching to Israel.

You are so stuck on your churchianity tradition that you cannot see the scripture clearly.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Who said that there is "neither Jew nor Greek"? Oh, right... that was Paul. This statement was made about the church which is His body.... you will NOT find that in the preaching of Peter and the other circumcision apostles. You will NOT find that on the day of Pentecost when Peter was preaching to Israel.

Paul never spoke against the law to those who were under the law, but Gentiles were not under the law and Paul told them so.

Acts 21:20-25 And when they heard it they glorified the Lord. And they said to him, “You see, brother, how many myriads of Jews there are who have believed and they are all zealous for the law, but they have been informed about you that you teach all the Jews who are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses saying that they ought not to circumcise their children nor to walk according to the customs.

What then? The assembly must certainly meet, for they will hear that you have come. Therefore do what we tell you, we have four men who have taken a vow. Take them and be purified with them, and pay their expenses so that they may shave their heads and that all may know that those things of which they were informed concerning you are nothing, but that you yourself also walk orderly and keep the law.

But concerning the Gentiles who believe, we have written and decided that they should observe no such thing except that they should keep themselves from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality.”

Right Divider

Body part
To be valid new revelation must be verified by scripture.

Anyone can makeup new revelations, Paul said prove all things.
Paul claimed an ABUNDANCE of REVELATION from God. But I guess that you're like many that agree with the silly idea that the risen and ascended Lord Jesus Christ called Paul to tell him the same things already revealed to the 12. That's just ignorance.