ECT The worm

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Darbyists at it again with their smug, blown up heterodoxy.
It's like a balloon- just poke it with something :rolleyes:

I.S.I.T.

As concerning this sect, we know that every where it is spoken against.

I never really encountered it much until I came here, seems to be a lot of you MAD people here. I believe someone earlier thought it should be called a cult, what is the difference between a cult and a sect?

ttruscott

Romans 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Galatians 5:13 You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. Brothers and sisters connotes reborn folk and the rest indicates that they are called to serve in love, [that is they have the ability to do this, they are not addicted to evil anymore] but may BUT BY THEIR FREEDOM, their restored free will, indulge the flesh or there would be no warning. So even after we have had our enslavement to sin broken by our rebirth, we must still have our free will trained in righteousness by painful discipline, Heb 12:5-11 or it is proof we are illegitimate, that is reprobate which means counterfeit; 8 If you are not disciplined—and everyone undergoes discipline—then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all.

There is no magic in baptism to offset your painful discipline.
There is no magic in HIS resurrection to offset your need for painful training in righteousness.

You should walk in the newness of your life but you will find that you indulge sometimes and are corrected by suffering because the plain word and the love of our Lord is not quite enough yet.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I never really encountered it much until I came here, seems to be a lot of you MAD people here. I believe someone earlier thought it should be called a cult, what is the difference between a cult and a sect?
Luke recorded that the chief of the Jews called those associated with Paul a "sect". Would you say he was in a cult after being saved and preaching what he did? Would you call those who preach the gospel of Christ as the power of God and to follow Paul as commanded: a cult?

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
Galatians 5:13 You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.
That is written here Galatians 5:13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

in the context of not putting themselves under the yoke of bondage which is the law.

Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Galatians 5:2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

Galatians 5:3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

Galatians 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Galatians 5:5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

Galatians 5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

Galatians 5:7 Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?

Galatians 5:8 This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you.

Galatians 5:9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

Galatians 5:10 I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded: but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be.

Galatians 5:11 And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased.

Galatians 5:12 I would they were even cut off which trouble you.

There is no magic in baptism to offset your painful discipline.
What baptism do you think this is referring?
There is no magic in HIS resurrection to offset your need for painful training in righteousness.
Do you have the righteousness of God upon you? How did you get it?

You should walk in the newness of your life but you will find that you indulge sometimes and are corrected by suffering because the plain word and the love of our Lord is not quite enough yet.
Paul is showing us our identity in Christ/positional truth here. Don't miss it!

Romans 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

Romans 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Romans 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Romans 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

Romans 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

Romans 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

Romans 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

We walk in His life!

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

We are dead and our life is hid with Christ in God, Who is our life!

Colossians 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

Colossians 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

Colossians 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

Colossians 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.