The Thorn on Paul's Side

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
There is a lot of guesswork when we read Paul's letters.

We are basically only hearing one side of a conversation and therefore we will never be sure what is actually going on between the apostle and the church communities he was in contact with.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I don't know who counted the new covenant commands. But as for admiring those who have counted commands, why admire? The Torah commands have been counted by different people throughout time.

God's Truth

There is a lot of guesswork when we read Paul's letters.

We are basically only hearing one side of a conversation and therefore we will never be sure what is actually going on between the apostle and the church communities he was in contact with.

We can know we can be sure.

God's Truth

I don't know who counted the new covenant commands. But as for admiring those who have counted commands, why admire? The Torah commands have been counted by different people throughout time.

You are the one who posted how many commands the New Testament has.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
There are 1050 commands in the New Testament writings. What commands of God are part of the new covenant? Is the error in saying some commands of the old covenant do not apply today?

Jesus says to love God and love one another. This is Jesus' commands.

You should be able to discern what needs to be observed. Jesus explained greatly how to do it in His sermon on the mount.

You don't need to be baby fed if you are serious Jesus' followers.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus says to love God and love one another. This is Jesus' commands.

You should be able to discern what needs to be observed. Jesus explained greatly how to do it in His sermon on the mount.

You don't need to be baby fed if you are serious Jesus' followers.
I believe Jesus taught what the scriptures before Him said in regard to what you say here (this). Love God and love your neighbor.

God's Truth

Saved has nothing to do with it.
Obeying Jesus has everything to do with being saved.

How else do you think you will be rewarded?

How else do you think you will live through him?

How else do you think Jesus will live through you?

How else do you think you eat his flesh?

How else do you think you are clothed with him?

I've learned to cease from my own works.

Jesus' teachings are not your works they are God's works, and you have to do them if you want to be saved.
That you haven't yet is apparent for all to see in yer speech.

You a false judge that is what is apparent.

God's Truth

She endorses killing their enemy against Jesus' command of love your enemy.

go figure, how crazy she is.

She also claims to be sinless and saved and true Christian too.

Matthew 8:8 The centurion replied, “Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. 9 For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and that one, ‘Come,’ and he comes. I say to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.”
10 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, “Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith. 11 I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. 12 But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”
13 Then Jesus said to the centurion, “Go! Let it be done just as you believed it would.” And his servant was healed at that moment.

Jesus did not tell the centurion to stop having soldiers.

Danoh

She endorses killing their enemy against Jesus' command of love your enemy...

Never mind that Israel was then under a foreign military occupation by God's own hand for Israel's disobedience prior to the Babylonian captivity and though the Roman occupation and was thus not to raise its hand against said occupation.

You Scripturally illiterate fool; that was under Moses - Daniel 9:11-12; John 19:11.

Ben Masada

Tthe Thurn on Paul's Side

Tthe Thurn on Paul's Side

1 - Obeying Jesus has everything to do with being saved.

2 - How else do you think you will be rewarded?

3 - How else do you think you will live through him?

4 - How else do you think Jesus will live through you?

5 - How else do you think you eat his flesh?

6 - How else do you think you are clothed with him?

7 - Jesus' teachings are not your works they are God's works, and you have to do them if you want to be saved.

1 - Saved from what? And, how can one obey the dead?

2 - I don't think about reward to obey the Lord. Only dogs behave for a treat.

3 - I don't think that way but through the obedience of God's Law.

4 - I don't think the dead can live again.

5 - I have never thought as a cannibal.

6 - I have never thought I could be clothed with the dead.

7 - What Jesus used to teach is still the work of God. And that's what I teach too. And I am sure, you cannot say the same about you.