The Thorn on Paul's Side

glorydaz

Again-it is a reference to people who opposed Paul's message, as "thorn in the flesh" was a common figure of speech at the time, akin to today's "a pain in the neck."

"But if ye will not drive out the inhabitants of the land from before you; then it shall come to pass, that those which ye let remain of them shall be pricks in your eyes, and thorns in your sides, and shall vex you in the land wherein ye dwell." Numbers 33:55 KJV

Notice "those."

"Know for a certainty that the LORD your God will no more drive out any of these nations from before you; but they shall be snares and traps unto you, and scourges in your sides, and thorns in your eyes, until ye perish from off this good land which the LORD your God hath given you." Joshua 23:13 KJV

Notice "they."

"Wherefore I also said, I will not drive them out from before you; but they shall be as thorns in your sides, and their gods shall be a snare unto you." Judges 2:3 KJV

Notice "they...their."

Survey this great book.

Once again, the great John W. has it correct. :thumb:

God's Truth

Jesus gave no new law. He came to confirm God's Law down to the letter. That's why he implied in his parable of the Richman and Lazarus that the only way to escape hell-fire is by listening to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:31)

The scriptures say we have a new law, and that it is the old law with some changes, Hebrews 7:12.

All you do is pick and chose what you want to believe from the Bible and then throw out the rest. You made for yourself a fictional Bible and a fictional Jesus.

God's Truth

Paul was never a Pharisee because the Sect of the Pharisees would never allow Hellenistic Jews into their ranks. Hellenistic Jews were amoral. They had no sense of morality. Paul adopted Jewish Morality when he founded Christianity but could never get rid of his repressed homosexual feelings. That's why he became a wretched man for the rest of his life. (Rom. 7:24)

Again, you have made for yourself a fictional Book with fictional people.

Get the Holy Bible and believe.

God's Truth

Paul couldn’t get out of (escape from) his flesh any more than you or I! We’re stuck with our vile body until the Lord changes it!

Philippians 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

And since you believe not the glorious gospel of Christ, yours will crawl with worms in hell!

Mark 9:44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

No way is the body of the saints vile.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The scriptures say we have a new law, and that it is the old law with some changes, Hebrews 7:12.

All you do is pick and chose what you want to believe from the Bible and then throw out the rest. You made for yourself a fictional Bible and a fictional Jesus.
If there is a new law is it the old law with some changes or a change from one law (which would then be called the old law apparently) to another (law)?

The change of Law is associated with a change of priesthood. Jesus is the priest. It's not the Levitical priesthood anymore.

Ben Masada

The Thorn of Paul's Side

The Thorn of Paul's Side

Who says our bodies that Jesus washed with his blood are vile!

Either vile or not. The truth is that it never happen at all. (Jer. 31:30: Ezek. 18:20) No one can die so that his or her blood could wash the body of another.

Ben Masada

The Thorn of Paul's Side

The Thorn of Paul's Side

Again, you have made for yourself a fictional Book with fictional people.

Get the Holy Bible and believe.

And you must set aside for at least a short time your Christian preconceived notions and try a little harder to understand Paul's wretched life as a result of the thorn in his flesh by reading Romans 7:8-25. Paul's whole mystery is in that text.

Ben Masada

The Thorn on Paul's Side

What scripture, the gospel of Paul? That's a lying scripture. The only Scripture Jesus had in mind every time he spoke of God's Word was the Tanach. The NT he never even dreamed would ever rise.

Ben Masada

The Thorn on Paul's Side

Paul was speaking as a man under the law....carnal, wretched, sold under sin. He was not speaking of the man who had been delivered from the law. In fact, Paul wrote Romans chapters 6-8 just for the Jews who accused him of misrepresenting the law and it's purpose. I can see you still don't get it.

Romans 6:17-18 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.​

Paul himself arrived to the conclusion that he had to make of himself an exception to the rule that one cannot serve two masters and he decided to serve God in his mind only while serving sin in his flesh. He hated that kind of life but, what could he do if he was carnal and sold under sin? (Rom. 7:14) That's his self testimony.

Ben Masada

The Thorn on Paul's Side

Paul couldn’t get out of (escape from) his flesh any more than you or I! We’re stuck with our vile body until the Lord changes it!

Philippians 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

And since you believe not the glorious gospel of Christ, yours will crawl with worms in hell!

Mark 9:44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

If you believe Jesus was a Jew, how hard is it to believe that his glorious gospel was Judaism? I do. In that case, you are the one from whose body worms will come out in hell and not myself who believes in the glorious gospel of Jesus.

Ben Masada

The Thorn on Paul's Side

Paul kept the Law, including this that involved sacrifice even following Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection.

What he did not do was tell Gentiles they must be circumcised and observe the entire Law of Moses. There should be no issue here.

Sorry, but it seems to me, you do not understand what you read. Paul used to teach to the Jews themselves to stop circumcising their children when he and Jesus himself had been circumcised on their 8th day of life. Paul had deserted Judaism forever. (Acts 21:21; Luke 2:21

God's Truth

What scripture, the gospel of Paul? That's a lying scripture. The only Scripture Jesus had in mind every time he spoke of God's Word was the Tanach. The NT he never even dreamed would ever rise.

Hebrews 7:12 For when the priesthood is changed, the law must be changed also.

Jesus changed somethings about the old law.

There is no more eye for an eye.

We can forgive people for moral type of sin such as adultery. They do not have to be put to death. We can find mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ.

We do not have to get circumcised in the flesh, or adhere to a dietary law.

We do not have to observe special days.

We do not have to sacrifice animals.

We do not have to do various external washings just to worship God.

We no longer have to go to a temple to worship God, for we become the temple.

God's Truth

And you must set aside for at least a short time your Christian preconceived notions and try a little harder to understand Paul's wretched life as a result of the thorn in his flesh by reading Romans 7:8-25. Paul's whole mystery is in that text.

You want to hang on your perverseness.

God's Truth

If there is a new law is it the old law with some changes or a change from one law (which would then be called the old law apparently) to another (law)?

The change of Law is associated with a change of priesthood. Jesus is the priest. It's not the Levitical priesthood anymore.

Right, for there were changes to the old law. The old law with it's changes is our new law.

God's Truth

Sorry, but it seems to me, you do not understand what you read. Paul used to teach to the Jews themselves to stop circumcising their children when he and Jesus himself had been circumcised on their 8th day of life. Paul had deserted Judaism forever. (Acts 21:21; Luke 2:21

Circumcision was no longer required after Jesus came and died.

Circumcision is of the heart by the Holy Spirit.

God's Truth

If you believe Jesus was a Jew, how hard is it to believe that his glorious gospel was Judaism? I do. In that case, you are the one from whose body worms will come out in hell and not myself who believes in the glorious gospel of Jesus.

You and heir are probably right about each other.

God's Truth

The scripture Paul preached is what Jesus preached when he was on earth.

Ben Masada

The Thorn on Paul's Side

1 - Hebrews 7:12 For when the priesthood is changed, the law must be changed also.

2 - Jesus changed somethings about the old law.

3 - There is no more eye for an eye.

4 - We can forgive people for moral type of sin such as adultery. They do not have to be put to death. We can find mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ.

5 - We do not have to get circumcised in the flesh, or adhere to a dietary law.

6 - We do not have to observe special days.

7 - We do not have to sacrifice animals.

8 - We do not have to do various external washings just to worship God.

9 - We no longer have to go to a temple to worship God, for we become the temple.

1 - Do you see now why I said that the gospel of Paul is a gospel of lies?

2 - Another lie if you read Mat. 5:17-19.

3 - There was never such a thing as "an eye for an eye." The meaning was on the value of the eye depending on the person. A blind person still has an eye but it is worth nothing. How could it be "an eye for an eye?"

4 - That's an evidence that you have never read the Scriptures with understanding. Never in the History of Israel someone was killed because of adultery. The threat served only as a warrant or fence to prevent a woman to commit adultery.

5 - Of course you don't! You are not Jewish. Circumcision is not for the Gentiles but for the Jews.

6 - Of course you don't! You are not Jewish. Your gospel is the gospel of Paul, not that of Jesus.

7 - And I hope we will never have to return to it. Anyway Prophet Jeremiah said that HaShem never commanded in the first place that sacrifices be a part of the religion of Israel. (Jer. 7:22)

8 - Neither do we. Perhaps you learned that from the Moslems.

9 - Gentiles never had to go to a Temple to worship God but, to become the Temple of God, I think you are living a delusion. Believe me for you are. I doubt that you have any idea about being a Temple of God.