The Saving results of the Death of Christ !

Right Divider

Body part
So are Peter's. And James'. And John's.
Nope. They were writing to ISRAEL.
Jas 1:1 (KJV)
(1:1) James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

We are all members of that body, if we are obedient to God.
The body of Christ began with Paul.
It is the excuse you supplied that accommodates sin.
Again you lie, which is a sin.

marke

Peter was still walking in the flesh, and not in the Spirit, before the day of Pentecost.
Christians can now put off the flesh and walk in the Spirit...thanks be to God.
I don't believe obeying God is a heresy...or impossible.
I wonder who would profit from that line of reasoning?
Oh ya, the devil.
Judgement is coming, and the church will be judged first.
"For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? (1Peter 4:17)
Your idea of salvation relies heavily on the sinless perfection of man and his ability to refrain from sin. That is heresy. Peter was already saved before he denied the Lord, according to these verses:

John 13:9-11

King James Version

9 Simon Peter saith unto him, Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head.
10 Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all.
11 For he knew who should betray him; therefore said he, Ye are not all clean.

Matthew 16:17
And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.​

marke

Show where the Lord told Paul not to baptize?
While your at it show where the Lord told Paul not to remain obedient to Him at all times.
Baptism is part and parcel of conversion, just as Peter laid out on the day of Pentecost..."Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2:38)
I'm glad I obeyed, and received the gift of the Holy Ghost.
You overemphasize baptism and make it essential to salvation, which is false doctrine. Jesus saved people, he filled people with the Holy Spirit, He baptized people with the Holy Spirit, but He did not baptize people in water.

John 4:2
(Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,)

There are aspects of baptism that have nothing to do with salvation.

1 Corinthians 15:29
Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?

marke

Show why it is wicked or wrong, in any way, to get baptized in water in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins. (Acts 2:38)
Paul wrote why he was glad, so none would say he baptized in his own name. (1 Cor 1:15)
There is nothing wrong with getting baptized. I believe Christians should do it for a testimony of salvation they obtained without baptism. I was baptized twice, because of my ignorance of the Bible in my early Christian life.

marke

I suppose we have differing ideas about freedom then.
I don't wrestle against man's fleshly lusts, as it is written..."And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts." (Gal 5:24)
I thank God I have been allowed to be reborn of Gods seed.
Seed that cannot bring forth evil fruit.
It has already been pointed out here that we are made free from sin's bondage at salvation, but not free from sin's lust and our capacity to yield to those lusts. Having been made free from sin, we should walk in newness of life. If we could no longer sin God would not tell us we should walk in the Spirit and not fulfill the lusts of the flesh, but that we could not walk in the flesh.

Romans 6

6 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

God's message to the saved: Consider yourself dead to sin and do not yield your members to sin's lusts.
God would never tell Christians not to do something if it was impossible for them to do it in the first place.

11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Last edited:

glorydaz

Isn't the law written on your heart?
And I don't mean feast keeping and dietary laws.

No, it is not. I do have my God-given conscience, however.
What does the verse before it say?
"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin." (1 John 1:7)
If I am walking in the light/God, and all my sins have been cleansed by the blood of Christ, why can't I say I have no sin?
In 1 John 1, John is using an alternating verse method that juxtaposes two different conditions.
In this case, it is those who walk in light against those who walk in darkness.
If I am walking in darkness, I cannot say I have no sin.
If I am walking in the light/God, I can't have any sin.
Verses 5, 7, and 9 are for those who walk in the light.
Verses 6, 8, and 10 are addressing those who walk in darkness.

There you go !
Keeping His commandments makes you a non-sinner.
Then you have a bit of a problem, don't you?

Jesus told us what keeping the commandments entailed in Matt. 5.

If you lust, you've committed adultery in your heart.
If you call someone a fool, you've murdered them.

In other words, you can't keep the commandments so you are a sinner.

Right Divider

Body part
There is nothing wrong with getting baptized.
There is nothing right with performing Jewish water ceremonies.
I believe Christians should do it for a testimony of salvation they obtained without baptism.
It would only be a testimony to their confusion about Christian doctrine.
I was baptized twice, because of my ignorance of the Bible in my early Christian life.
Two too many.

Last edited:

glorydaz

And yet he did baptize Crispus and Gaius, plus Fortunatus, and his household.
Not to mention..."And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized." (Acts 18:8)
Plus he baptized the twelve at Ephesus..."Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus." (Acts 19:4-5)
And Lydia, and the jailer at Thyatira.
The Jews were given the baptism of repentance. That means they accepted Christ as their Messiah.

That is not the same as being baptized by the Holy Spirit into the body of Christ.

glorydaz

If you commit sin, you are a servant of sin. (John 8:34)
Looks to me like you're a fence straddler. You can't sit for very long on that line between law and grace. You'll get more and more uncomfortable as you deny what is preached on one side while holding to the other.

marke

The Jews were given the baptism of repentance. That means they accepted Christ as their Messiah.

That is not the same as being baptized by the Holy Spirit into the body of Christ.
Water baptism is just a symbol of Holy Spirit baptism. Christians did not get baptized to be saved but did get baptized to symbolize the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Water baptism is just a symbol of Holy Spirit baptism. Christians did not get baptized to be saved but did get baptized to symbolize the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
Water Baptism is a symbol of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ

glorydaz

I realize that, but actually it's a practice not even meant for us.