The Saving results of the Death of Christ !

Hoping

Banned
Paul never said "I thank God I never helped any of you get saved by preaching Jesus" but he did say

1 Corinthians 1:14
I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;
And yet he did baptize Crispus and Gaius, plus Fortunatus, and his household.
Not to mention..."And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized." (Acts 18:8)
Plus he baptized the twelve at Ephesus..."Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus." (Acts 19:4-5)
And Lydia, and the jailer at Thyatira.

marke

That verse, and verses 6 and 10, are addressing to those who walk in darkness.
1 John 1:7..."But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."
Verses 5, 7, and 9 are addressing those who walk in the light...which verse 5 says is God.
As there is no sin in God, there must not be any in those who walk in Him.

The deception is in those who think they are "in Christ" while sin is in them.
I don't agree. Christians are not totally delivered from sin after they are saved, but their sins are under the blood of Jesus. Nevertheless, there are numerous examples of Christians still dealing with besetting sins by the will of God. Peter was saved before he denied the Lord. He did not lose his salvation because he denied the Lord. Christians are not kept saved by their obedience as though they must remain sinlessly perfect after salvation in order to be saved. Such an idea is heresy.

Hoping

Banned
If you confess your sins and are forgiven then you are once again free from sin. But what happens when you sin again? You will sin again so you will again have to confess your sins to be "clean every whit" again.

1 John 1

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
If we stay in the light, we won't commit any more sins.
Thanks be to God.

Right Divider

Body part
Not to mention..."And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized." (Acts 18:8)
Plus he baptized the twelve at Ephesus..."Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus." (Acts 19:4-5)
Christ sent Paul NOT to baptize. Paul learned that later in his ministry.
1Cor 1:17 (KJV)
(1:17) For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

marke

Don't overlook the obvious. Paul thanked God he only baptized a few. There is no way Paul believed baptism was essential to salvation and made light of it as he did.

Hoping

Banned
Indeed, I'm following the truth and you are following myths.
Truth?
Jesus said in John 8:32-34 that the truth would free you from committing sin.
It is written..."And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin."

marke

If we stay in the light, we won't commit any more sins.
Thanks be to God.
Perhaps you think that if we fall into sin again after we are saved we will be forever lost because such falling away can never be repaired?

Hebrews 6

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

marke

Truth?
It is written..."And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin."
The Bible has not told you that you have been made free from sin and can no longer commit sin. That is false teaching. If you have been made free then you are told to abstain from fleshly lusts, something you would not have to worry about if you no longer had to wrestle with the sin of fleshly lusts.

1 Peter 2

11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

12 Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;

14 Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.

15 For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:

16 As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.

Right Divider

Body part
Truth?
The doctrine in John is not the doctrine of the body of Christ. You are a Bible masher that does not understand the distinctions in God dispensations.

Freed from sin does not mean sinless. It means that sin does not control us.

Hoping

Banned
I don't agree. Christians are not totally delivered from sin after they are saved, but their sins are under the blood of Jesus. Nevertheless, there are numerous examples of Christians still dealing with besetting sins by the will of God. Peter was saved before he denied the Lord. He did not lose his salvation because he denied the Lord. Christians are not kept saved by their obedience as though they must remain sinlessly perfect after salvation in order to be saved. Such an idea is heresy.
Peter was still walking in the flesh, and not in the Spirit, before the day of Pentecost.
Christians can now put off the flesh and walk in the Spirit...thanks be to God.
I don't believe obeying God is a heresy...or impossible.
I wonder who would profit from that line of reasoning?
Oh ya, the devil.
Judgement is coming, and the church will be judged first.
"For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? (1Peter 4:17)

Right Divider

Body part
The Bible has not told you that you have been made free from sin and can no longer commit sin. That is false teaching. If you have been made free then you are told to abstain from fleshly lusts, something you would not have to worry about if you no longer had to wrestle with the sin of fleshly lusts.

1 Peter 2

11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

12 Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;

14 Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.

15 For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:

16 As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.
Peter was writing to his fellow Israelites. You are reading mail addressed to someone else.

Hoping

Banned
Christ sent Paul NOT to baptize. Paul learned that later in his ministry.
Show where the Lord told Paul not to baptize?
While your at it show where the Lord told Paul not to remain obedient to Him at all times.
Baptism is part and parcel of conversion, just as Peter laid out on the day of Pentecost..."Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2:38)
I'm glad I obeyed, and received the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Hoping

Banned
Don't overlook the obvious. Paul thanked God he only baptized a few. There is no way Paul believed baptism was essential to salvation and made light of it as he did.
Show why it is wicked or wrong, in any way, to get baptized in water in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins. (Acts 2:38)
Paul wrote why he was glad, so none would say he baptized in his own name. (1 Cor 1:15)

Hoping

Banned

1 Peter 2

I suppose we have differing ideas about freedom then.
I don't wrestle against man's fleshly lusts, as it is written..."And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts." (Gal 5:24)
I thank God I have been allowed to be reborn of Gods seed.
Seed that cannot bring forth evil fruit.

Hoping

Banned
The doctrine in John is not the doctrine of the body of Christ. You are a Bible masher that does not understand the distinctions in God dispensations.

Freed from sin does not mean sinless. It means that sin does not control us.
If you commit sin, you are a servant of sin. (John 8:34)

Right Divider

Body part
Show where the Lord told Paul not to baptize?
I just did... why don't you read the post?
1Cor 1:17 (KJV)
(1:17) For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
What Christ DID tell Paul to do was PREACH THE GOSPEL. Water baptism has NOTHING to do with preaching the gospel of the grace of God.
While your at it show where the Lord told Paul not to remain obedient to Him at all times.
A very stupid comment.
Baptism is part and parcel of conversion, just as Peter laid out on the day of Pentecost..."Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2:38)
I'm glad I obeyed, and received the gift of the Holy Ghost.
The "day of Pentecost" was a lawfully required feast day for Israel. I has nothing to do with the body of Christ.

This could help you, but I doubt that you're understand it: https://graceambassadors.com/salvation/acts-238-is-not-the-preaching-of-the-cross