The Sabbath commandment is one of the Ten Commandments.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
From my phone I just see John 3:16, but I do know what it says.

Sent from my SM-G900T using TheologyOnline mobile app

Ah, you are dealing the a phone. That makes a difference.

When making a post, use one or two scriptures then. Try not to make the post so long. Peoples eyes can't read a really long post on a computer screen.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Ah, you are dealing the a phone. That makes a difference.

When making a post, use one or two scriptures then. Try not to make the post so long. Peoples eyes can't read a really long post on a computer screen.
Okay.

But never form a doctrine off just one verse, and yet accept the Bible every verse.

Let scripture interpret scripture.

I saw a post recently on my computer that had plenty of verses, references, with hover text. But for some reason I thought the hover text had to be provided with every link. I believe this was a different forum. However, I started posting on Theology Online years ago.

Thank you. I welcome your conversation and your help.

Shalom.

Sent from my SM-G900T using TheologyOnline mobile app

clefty

I don't know what you are talking about and as for the skins it is best to believe what the Bible says.

Playing coy isn't really necessary...

This is what the bible says about circumcision...

Gen 17:23On that very day Abraham took his son Ishmael and all those born in his household or bought with his money, every male in his household, and circumcised them, as God told him

Now what does that have to do with Israel?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Playing coy isn't really necessary...

This is what the bible says about circumcision...

Gen 17:23On that very day Abraham took his son Ishmael and all those born in his household or bought with his money, every male in his household, and circumcised them, as God told him

Now what does that have to do with Israel?

If I have ever presented just this verse it is not the whole story. But God can use it whether you are challenging me or not. Also, it is part of it. It is part of the whole story (of Abraham and circumcision or circumcision). We must not leave out Ishmael. But, start earlier, before this verse. Also, Isaac was circumcised after Ishmael, both sons of Abraham.

clefty

:dizzy:
Why doesn't Paul ever mention that we are in a "priesthood"? Paul never even uses the word 'priest' or 'priesthood' in ANY of his epistles. Was he negligent?

He did one better...

"Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the holy places by the blood of Jesus, by the new and living way that he opened for us through the curtain, that is, through his flesh, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.

Through him then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name."

Paul understood that our office as a human descends from Adam in his office as namer...we are to name that which is Holy...clean...and later unclean.

What He asked of the Levites is what He asked of all of us...

Our office of priesthood came to be even prior to the time we had to name sin...and not just when it was about tribes.

So it is not only of blood covenants to temporal promises and inheritances but of the Spirit in Its unchanging domain...

Right Divider

Body part
He did one better...

"Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the holy places by the blood of Jesus, by the new and living way that he opened for us through the curtain, that is, through his flesh, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.

Through him then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name."

Paul understood that our office as a human descends from Adam in his office as namer...we are to name that which is Holy...clean...and later unclean.

What He asked of the Levites is what He asked of all of us...

Our office of priesthood came to be even prior to the time we had to name sin...and not just when it was about tribes.

So it is not only of blood covenants to temporal promises and inheritances but of the Spirit in Its unchanging domain...
Why does Paul NEVER mention "this priesthood"?

In the dispensation of the grace of God there is no need for a covenant. For Israel, it was the blood of the covenant, for the body of Christ is just the blood.

Eph 2:11-13 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:11) Wherefore remember, that ye [being] in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; (2:12) That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: (2:13) But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

made nigh by the BLOOD!

clefty

What you mean by name?

I just showed you he considered us as in that role...

In the dispensation of the grace of God there is no need for a covenant. For Israel, it was the blood of the covenant, for the body of Christ is just the blood.

Eph 2:11-13 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:11) Wherefore remember, that ye [being] in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; (2:12) That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: (2:13) But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

made nigh by the BLOOD!

Adam and Eve...Abel...were far off and made nigh by the blood of sacrifice...

Blood occurs at the end of the negotiating...signing the contract previously made...

They were spared by grace and as the blood dried it sealed that reality...

We are stained by sin...He abhors sin and destroys it...to think we can come nigh and remain stained is laughable...

Of course it was grace and mercy first...even in the garden when they should have surely died instantly and not hundreds of years later...

clefty

No idea what you're talking about.

More importantly do you understand the role of a priest?

With those 2 verses Paul puts us in the role of s priest entering the holy places and offering sacrifices...

You did no such thing.

Read them again then...

AGAIN, I ask: Why does Paul NEVER mention any sort of a PRIESTHOOD?

He wrote 13 epistles and NOT one contains the word PRIEST or PRIESTHOOD?

Was he negligent? Did he forget?

Nope...it is right there in Hebrews...in the letter to the Hebrews reminding them we are to enter the holy places and offer sacrifices...

And as it was always grace first then signing in blood after so it was with this last one...

Adam's covenant remains as does Noah's ...and Abraham's

All of them...each a priest in the signing...

except the one with bloodline Israel...that ended as the curse that was held against the unclean was "finished"...we all are made clean

As clean as priests...who have faith first then obey

The groom in that marriage covenant was killed and thus death did do them part...blood Israel was free to her whoredom...

The "new" covenant remains as every Covenant did...made in faith and sealed in blood to those who believe and obey...

He gave His only begotten Son...mercy first then the covenant is resigned in blood...innocent blood.

Paul knew the office we are called to and knew it was through blood...

Right Divider

Body part
More importantly do you understand the role of a priest?
Indeed I do. A priest is a MEDIATOR and believers in the body of Christ have ONE mediator and it's NOT another believer but CHRIST Himself.

1Tim 2:5 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:5) For [there is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

There is just ONE mediator for the BoC.

With those 2 verses Paul puts us in the role of s priest entering the holy places and offering sacrifices...
If you talking about the Book to the Hebrews that Paul did NOT write, I can see why you're totally confused.

See this for some help: http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?3512-Paul-did-not-write-Hebrews-we-do-not-know-who-did

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

He couldn't, it's claimed that Paul was the apostle to the Gentiles rather than to Christians.

A Gentile can't be a priest of the God of Israel. Only Christians can be priests in the context of the NT.

clefty

Indeed I do. A priest is a MEDIATOR and believers in the body of Christ have ONE mediator and it's NOT another believer but CHRIST Himself.

1Tim 2:5 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:5) For [there is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

There is just ONE mediator for the BoC.

You just described the role of the HIGH priest...

There were many other priests in the services...

If you talking about the Book to the Hebrews that Paul did NOT write, I can see why you're totally confused.

See this for some help: http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?3512-Paul-did-not-write-Hebrews-we-do-not-know-who-did

Oh boy...

Ben Masada

The Sabbath Commandment is one of the Ten Commandments!

Yes, it is but, for the Jews only. The Gentiles are also commended (not commanded) to rest for a day in seven but it does not have to be the seventh day of the week. It can be any day they please. If they, after reading Isaiah 56:1-8 decide to join God's Covenant with His People, then, they become liable to keep the Sabbath holy.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Yes, it is but, for the Jews only. The Gentiles are also commended (not commanded) to rest for a day in seven but it does not have to be the seventh day of the week. It can be any day they please. If they, after reading Isaiah 56:1-8 decide to join God's Covenant with His People, then, they become liable to keep the Sabbath holy.

Observing the Sabbath is resting on the seventh day of the week. The Sabbath is a day of rest. As God rested on the seventh day, so should we each week.

This is as a Jew. Gentiles can convert or join God's covenant people, in covenant with God according to the covenant God made with the nation of Israel through the prophet Moses at Mount Sinai. I am a convert or a proselyte. Of Israel, of the United States of America, and a Christian. I study Torah, the TaNaKh, the Old Testament, the New Covenant or the Apostle's Writings, the whole Bible. I was a Christian before converting to Judaism and I still am. Is this a righteous proselyte? There has been sin in my life, but as a Christian I already accepted the truth of the whole Bible before studying Torah, the first five books of the Bible, even the Hebrew Bible or the Christian Bible. As a Christian there were still sin issues, that should not have been. As a Jew, there is the Torah and God's commands without wondering about sin, the definition of sin, or what sin is. God's Law tells us what sin is. This is why the Bible says that sin is transgression of the law. We are not to live in sin, but to live righteous lives.

The Sabbath is one of the Ten Commandments. The Ten Commandments are the covenant. And there is more even in Moses or Torah (attributed to Moses or about or from Moses or the time of Moses originating with Moses though Genesis must have been written after Moses and yet the events occurred beforehand).

The new covenant was to be with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, and it came in Yeshua HaMashiach, Jesus the Christ. It is not like the old which the people broke. It is God's law written on hearts and minds. This is either the Law of Moses or something else. But I observe Torah, the Law of Moses, though as a convert or a proselyte and therefore of Israel and practicing Judaism, whether of the tribe of Levi, and we have or there are the Ten Commandments and even the 613 commands of Torah and the 1050 commands of the New Testament, all to be observed or which we are to observe or we are observing or we observe. There are others throughout the Prophets and the Writings. I have never been to Israel.

clefty

Yes, it is but, for the Jews only.
LOL?..that same arrogance had the tribe tax their fellow Israelites to the point a civil war divided weakened and finally destroyed temporal Israel forever...nice work guys

Saying it is for only one tribe is like saying marriage is just for them...Sabbath and marriage were instituted about the same time for the same people...all mankind...

It's His Sabbath last I read...guess you claim Him only yours too...

BTW the Sabbath is 1/10 of a Law which points out sin...only one tribe sinned yes?

The Gentiles are also commended (not commanded) to rest for a day in seven but it does not have to be the seventh day of the week.
wow..just wow...sounds like something the father of lies would say...

Are the Gentiles also only commended for not killing?

Certainly minimizes what the Nazis allegedly did...apparently they did not break any Divine Law either they didn't...

It can be any day they please.

Just because the tribe enjoy making up special dayz for yourselves like Purim does not mean you are allowed to suggest others contribute to your traditions of man...worshipping One God not The way He prescribed is exactly idolatry...

You even make Isaiah a liar, he was clear that all nations would worship from Sabbath to Sabbath...

If they, after reading Isaiah 56:1-8 decide to join God's Covenant with His People, then, they become liable to keep the Sabbath holy.

His covenant was not just with one tribe...notice in those texts Isaiah nowhere stipulates becoming a member of the tribe...instead Isaiah quotes Him as saying "my sabbath" "my house" "my covenant" "my mountain" "my altar" for all people not just your tribe...

In Him there no longer is a seperation between "the chosen" and the rest of humanity...No wonder they hate Him

Right Divider

Body part
He couldn't, it's claimed that Paul was the apostle to the Gentiles rather than to Christians.

A Gentile can't be a priest of the God of Israel. Only Christians can be priests in the context of the NT.
  • Scripture declares Paul to be the apostle of the gentiles, do you disagree with scripture?
  • The body of Christ which Paul declares (again, in scripture) is made up of NEITHER Jew NOR Greek, NEITHER male NOR female...
  • The ONLY ones ever calls priests of God in scripture are Israelites.
  • Paul said that, for the body of Christ, there ONE mediator between God and man; and that is Jesus; and Paul NEVER calls Jesus or the body of Christ priests.
  • The list literally goes ON and ON....

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
  • The body of Christ which Paul declares (again, in scripture) is made up of NEITHER Jew NOR Greek, NEITHER male NOR female...

• That is correct, so those you refer to as Gentiles are not in the body where there is no ethnicity.

Only the firstborn will be priests.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I have NO idea, here on planet Earth, what you're talking about.

Hebrews 12:22-23 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect...​