The Sabbath commandment is one of the Ten Commandments.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Galatians 3:19 What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made...​
What are the two covenants you are referring to? Are you seeing the same covenant in two different ways?

clefty

Yay! Another thread about the Sabbath!

Please know that Romans 14:5 is about fasting...which days of the week to do it...nothing at all to do with the Sabbath vs Sunday thingy...

Biblical fasting was always voluntary and thus different days were in dispute...

Ironically it is the Roman Church that makes fasting obligatory on certain dayz...but you are allowed one main meal and two lesser meals during that day of fasting...lol

Last edited:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yay! Another thread about the Sabbath!

Please know that Roman 14:5 is about fasting...which days of the week?

Biblical fasting was always voluntary and thus different days were in dispute...

Ironically it is the Roman Church that makes fasting obligatory on certain dayz...but you are allowed one main meal and two lesser meals during that day of fasting...lol
Shalom.

I don't know what you are talking about, but fast days are a possibility. The text seems to indicate that this is the case.

clefty

The Sabbath commandment is Jewish.

Oh boy...

by that logic marriage is too...Sabbath and marriage were instituted at about the same time and for the same people...

sabbath like woman was made for man...some sinners reject both...

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The OP is way too long, you may get a warning. We also do not need so many Sabbath posts.

clefty

The new covenant was made with the house of Israel and the house of Judah. God promised the new covenant, and it came in Jesus.

Notice it was made with both Israel and one of its tribes...the tribe that wished to tax its brothers to merely worship in Yah's house...

A conspiracy was found in this tribe a long time ago as it sought to prevail over the others and caused the civil war and ultimate destruction of Israel...nice work...

No wonder He wept...killing its prophets and rejecting its messiah is all part of it...

clefty

Of course God made a covenant with the nation of Israel at Mount Sinai. The Ten Commandments are the covenant, yes. And there is more. Are you a part of this covenant? The new covenant is with the house of Israel and the house of Judah.

It is possible for you to become a Jew if you are not already a Jew. God has blessed His covenant people. I count myself among Israel, and as a Jew or a Levite, I observe Torah which is the covenant, and I also understand that the new covenant has already come, in Yeshua. This is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah. It is God's law written on hearts and minds.

The new covenant is not like the old, which the people broke although God was a husband to them (God Himself has said this). But it is God's law written on hearts and minds.

He WAS a husband to that whoring wife and therefore had to actually die to break His "I do" with her...

Now He seeks a new bride...

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Oh boy...

by that logic marriage is too...Sabbath and marriage were instituted at about the same time and for the same people...

sabbath like woman was made for man...some sinners reject both...
I mean that as a Jew I understand that the Sabbath is for me. It is for us, all Israel. The Sabbath is a part of God's law, and as such it can be for anyone. Even those who are not Jews make the decision to obey God. You can choose to become Jewish, or you can obey God as a non-Jew. The Sabbath is for God's people. Not everyone observes the Sabbath, but you don't have to begin as a Jew or become a Jew to observe God's commands, even the Sabbath although you may choose to do so and you may. The Sabbath is a command or commandment of God for His people. This may be your observance of the commands of God, even the things of God, in observing the Sabbath, such as in going to a synagogue and hearing Torah read. Or you may rest from your labors or your work at home.

As for marriage, it is both good and should be held in high honor by all. Don't try to break up a marriage. Fornicators and adulterors God will judge. Marriage was set up by God. All of mankind, except for those who never get married, understand marriage as between a man and a woman, and that they should not commit adultery. Neither should a person who has never been married, is single, or is not married commit adultery. These are both commandments of God, to remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy, and to marry if God has it for you that you should marry, and to not commit adultery.

1 Timothy 4:1-3 1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I mean that as a Jew I understand that the Sabbath is for me. It is for us, all Israel. The Sabbath is a part of God's law, and as such it can be for anyone. Even those who are not Jews make the decision to obey God. You can choose to become Jewish, or you can obey God as a non-Jew. The Sabbath is for God's people. Not everyone observes the Sabbath, but you don't have to begin as a Jew or become a Jew to observe God's commands, even the Sabbath although you may choose to do so and you may. The Sabbath is a command or commandment of God for His people. This may be your observance of the commands of God, even the things of God, in observing the Sabbath, such as in going to a synagogue and hearing Torah read. Or you may rest from your labors or your work at home.

This is well said and to the point. :up:

please do not start a thread with scrolls of pages like this one. Five or six average paragraphs is long enough.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The OP is way too long, you may get a warning. We also do not need so many Sabbath posts.
Ktoyou,

Yes, I have heard that it is too long. It is one commandment, but I could just provide the references, and it would be shortened up quite a bit.

There is never a reason to not post about the Sabbath. Not everyone observes the Sabbath, but we can always learn about it whoever we are, Jew, learning to observe, wanting to observe, or wanting to learn about. Even those who do not observe the Sabbath or don't know about it (or don't know how) should learn that they too would be able to, can, and do observe. God's ways are better than ours, and God has provided for us a rest.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Notice it was made with both Israel and one of its tribes...the tribe that wished to tax its brothers to merely worship in Yah's house...

A conspiracy was found in this tribe a long time ago as it sought to prevail over the others and caused the civil war and ultimate destruction of Israel...nice work...

No wonder He wept...killing its prophets and rejecting its messiah is all part of it...

I don't know what you are saying, but I do believe that the Sabbath is for us, and that the new covenant is as well. It was for the house of Israel and the house of Judah. Therefore, we need to understand what that means, who this is talking about. You are correct that Judah, a son of Jacob, Israel, is a tribe. Was there a southern kingdom? Does Judah refer to a tribe or the southern kingdom? There was a split. The kingdom became divided. The northern kingdom was then taken by Assyria, while the southern kingdom was taken by Babylon. Seventy years later Judah returned from Babylon where they were in captivity, exhile, as prophesied.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
He WAS a husband to that whoring wife and therefore had to actually die to break His "I do" with her...

Now He seeks a new bride...
I don't know what you are talking about so I do not accept it. We need the counsel of scripture here.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Problem is Jacob, most here know all about it and have their views. No one changes of these basic ideas, not in the many years I have been here.

People listen more to now insights to ideas they already agree, this seems the way of forums, most members have their basic views. It is the fine tuning that changes, that is for some.

being TOL is a Christian forum, all these ideas do is show who is in what camp and I have seen that here for years now.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
This is well said and to the point. :up:

please do not start a thread with scrolls of pages like this one. Five or six average paragraphs is long enough.
Yes, I have seen something quoted of Knight about how many paragraphs, thanks.

clefty

I don't know what you are talking about so I do not accept it. We need the counsel of scripture here.

Even Hosea, to make a teaching point was instructed to marry a whore to illustrate Yah's marriage with adulterous Israel...

And marriage in His ideal is "until death do ye part"...oh sure divorce was "given by Moses"...but the ideal was, once vows were made, it was forever...

Now this marriage of Yah with Israel was with the actual bloodlines of Abraham...but temporal Israel continued to be unfaithful and thus the marriage had to end...but it was vowed forever or until one died...

So the Bridegroom did...so the marriage with blood Israel is over and He, having resurrected, is looking for another bride while bloodline Israel can continue her whoring...free from the previous vow...

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Even Hosea to make a teaching point was instructed to Mary a whore to illustrate Yah's marriage with adulterous Israel...

And marriage is "until death do ye part"...oh sure divorce was tolerated...but the ideal was once vows were made it was forever...

Now this marriage with Israel was with the actual bloodlines of Abraham...but temporal Israel continued to be unfaithful and thus the marriage had to end...but it was vowed forever or until one died...

So the Bridegroom did...the marriage with blood Israel is over and He, having resurrected, is looking for another bride while bloodline Israel can continue her whoring...free from the previous vow...
I don't believe that what you are saying is true.

This may take time for you to realize or to come to understand as true, that what what you are saying is off-base and not true.

Does the following verse help?

Romans 11:1-2 NASB - 1 I say then, God has not rejected His people, has He? May it never be! For I too am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God has not rejected His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says in the passage about Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel?

Last edited:

clefty

I don't believe that what you are saying is true.

This may take time for you to realize or to come to understand as true, that what what you are saying is off-base and not true.

Does the following verse help?

Romans 11:1-2 NASB - 1 I say then, God has not rejected His people, has He? May it never be! For I too am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God has not rejected His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says in the passage about Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel?

Sure it helps but ya gotta keep reading...

Lord, they have killed Your prophets and torn down Your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life”? 4 But what does the divine response say to him? f“I have reserved for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.” 5 gEven so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace. 6 And hif by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. 1But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.
7 What then? iIsrael has not obtained what it seeks; but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were jblinded. 8 Just as it is written:
k“God has given them a spirit of stupor,
lEyes that they should not see
And ears that they should not hear,
To this very day.”

To what end? For the Gentiles' inclusion..being grafted in to replace the branches that were cast off...