The Myth of unMerited Favor and Grace

God's Truth

What did Moses do that caused him to find grace in God's sight?

Exodus 33:17
17 And the Lord said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken: for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name.​

It wasn't following the Law, since Moses had just smashed the Ten Commandments written by God's own hand and had not received any of the rest of the Law.

Grace is not the opposite of law.

Grace is when a ruler is pleased with one of his subjects and chooses to do something special that is within his power for that subject simply to show his pleasure.
The example given in the Bible was Esther finding favor in the sight of the king.

Esther 5:2-3
2 And it was so, when the king saw Esther the queen standing in the court, that she obtained favour in his sight: and the king held out to Esther the golden sceptre that was in his hand. So Esther drew near, and touched the top of the sceptre.
3 Then said the king unto her, What wilt thou, queen Esther? and what is thy request? it shall be even given thee to the half of the kingdom.​

This is the same king that took away the royal estate from Vashti because she angered him (Esther 1:12-19).

If grace is unmerited favor, then there would be no reason to remove the royal estate from Vashti and no reason to offer half the kingdom to Esther.
However, grace is only merited by whatever gives pleasure to the king.

God has specified many times in the Bible those things that please Him and those things that displease Him.
Keeping the Law the way the Pharisees did, through honoring Him with their lips and having their hearts far from Him, does not please Him.
Loving God with all your heart, soul, and might, does please Him.

Loving God with all your heart, soul, and mind happens when we obey Him.

God was going to kill Moses because he was not going to circumcise his son.

We have to obey everything that God says for us to do.

Circumcision of the flesh is no longer needed because Jesus circumcises us.

genuineoriginal

Loving God with all your heart, soul, and mind happens when we obey Him.

God was going to kill Moses because he was not going to circumcise his son.

We have to obey everything that God says for us to do.
God is not a tyrant who demands we obey everything He says for us to do.
The Bible shows several examples of people that argued with God and got Him to change His mind.

Moses clearly disobeyed God in the following verses:

Exodus 32:9-14
9 And the Lord said unto Moses, I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people:
10 Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation.
11 And Moses besought the Lord his God, and said, Lord, why doth thy wrath wax hot against thy people, which thou hast brought forth out of the land of Egypt with great power, and with a mighty hand?
12 Wherefore should the Egyptians speak, and say, For mischief did he bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath, and repent of this evil against thy people.
13 Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever.
14 And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.​

journey

Grace never meant unmerited favor and it never will.
You have been deceived.

I thought that you knew better, but I guess I was wrong. No man deserves Salvation as an example:

Ephesians 2:8-10 KJV For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9. Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

God's Truth

God is not a tyrant who demands we obey everything He says for us to do.
The Bible shows several examples of people that argued with God and got Him to change His mind.

Moses clearly disobeyed God in the following verses:

Exodus 32:9-14
9 And the Lord said unto Moses, I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people:
10 Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation.
11 And Moses besought the Lord his God, and said, Lord, why doth thy wrath wax hot against thy people, which thou hast brought forth out of the land of Egypt with great power, and with a mighty hand?
12 Wherefore should the Egyptians speak, and say, For mischief did he bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath, and repent of this evil against thy people.
13 Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever.
14 And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.​

We have to obey everything that God says. That does not mean we cannot ask God for mercy.

God's Truth

I thought that you knew better, but I guess I was wrong. No man deserves Salvation as an example:

Ephesians 2:8-10 KJV For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9. Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

The works no one has to do are the ceremonial/purification works the people used to have to do for over 1,600 years.

Even Abel gave sacrifices to God, as did Noah, and Job...all before the old law.

God's Truth

The Jews used to be able to boast in their ceremonial/purification works.

Romans 2:23 You who boast in the law, do you dishonor God by breaking the law?

The Jews had the ceremonial works to boast in, they boasted in those they circumcised too.

Galatians 6:13 Not even those who are circumcised keep the law, yet they want you to be circumcised that they may boast about your circumcision in the flesh.

God's Truth

You do not mean "We have to obey everything that God says."

Sell all you have.

Watch the deceptive response, as "everything" does not really mean "everything."

Watch.....

Show the scripture where Jesus tells everyone to sell all they have.

john w

Hall of Fame
Show the scripture where Jesus tells everyone to sell all they have.

You said "We have to obey everything that God says."

You assert that "everything" does not mean "everything."

No spin about Luke 18:22 KJV, child of the devil/drunk, where you will deceitfully assert as to why you do not have to obey God here, telling you to sell all you have, will work, as it will prove you the drunk/fraud that you are, as "everything," in your inebriated way of "thinking," does not mean "everything."

God's Truth

You said "We have to obey everything that God says."

No spin about Luke 18:22 KJV, child of the devil/drunk, where you will deceitfully assert as to why you do not have to obey God here, telling you to sell all you have, will work, as it will prove you the drunk/fraud that you are, as "everything," in your inebriated way of "thinking," does not mean "everything."

Where in that scripture does Jesus command everyone to sell all they have?

john w

Hall of Fame
Where in that scripture does Jesus command everyone to sell all they have?

She is so drunk/inebreated, she cannot see my Luke 18:22 reference:

"You said "We have to obey everything that God says."

john w

Hall of Fame
So some of the things that Jesus said are not for everyone to obey?

So not everyone has to obey ALL of the things that Jesus said?

Did Jesus say anything since He ascended to heaven?

Yes,I posed that question to this fraud numerous times, and she deceitfully spins it, lies, punts it, and makes this "We have to obey everything that God says" a deceitful lie on her part, that is a meaningless assertion, on her part.

"We have to obey everything that God says."-"god"suntruth

Right Divider

Body part
Yes,I posed that question to this fraud numerous times, and she deceitfully spins it, lies, punts it, and makes this "We have to obey everything that God says" a deceitful lie on her part, that is a meaningless assertion, on her part.

"We have to obey everything that God says."-"god"suntruth
Logic and consistency do not seem to be among her strengths.