The Myth of unMerited Favor and Grace

Epoisses

If you reject the truth because you believe in a lie about "works salvation", you shouldn't expect to merit any grace in God's eyes.

Did you just say we have to merit the unmerited grace of God? This is the problem with Christianity today. People go to some church called grace whatever and hear a sermon on grace every Sunday and yet they have no clue what grace actually is!!!

I don't work for or merit or earn grace. It is a free gift that I receive because God is good not me. Grace is not a transaction where we do our part and then God does his. Grace is all of God and nothing of the sinner. To put it in layman's terms grace is winning the lottery without buying a ticket. If you buy the ticket then you are excluded from receiving the lottery jackpot of grace.

genuineoriginal

I thought that you knew better, but I guess I was wrong.
I do know better, and you are wrong in thinking Grace is unmerited.

No man deserves Salvation as an example:

Ephesians 2:8-10 KJV For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9. Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Your argument is that no man can be good enough to save himself.
That is true.
However, my argument is that man can please God by doing those things that please God, and God is happy to give salvation to men that please Him.
A gift given by the King to those that please Him is one of the definitions of Grace.

genuineoriginal

Did you just say we have to merit the unmerited grace of God?
No, I said Grace is never unmerited.

This is the problem with Christianity today. People go to some church called grace whatever and hear a sermon on grace every Sunday and yet they have no clue what grace actually is!!!
Yes, everyone that has believed the lie that grace is unmerited has no clue what grace actually is.

I don't work for or merit or earn grace.
Then you won't be upset if you never receive grace, will you?

It is a free gift that I receive because God is good not me. Grace is not a transaction where we do our part and then God does his.
Yes, but you still haven't asked why you are receiving that free gift from God and an unbeliever does not receive it.

Grace is all of God and nothing of the sinner.
If you are still in your sins, you are not getting Grace.

To put it in layman's terms grace is winning the lottery without buying a ticket. If you buy the ticket then you are excluded from receiving the lottery jackpot of grace.
That is a lie, thinking everyone will gain eternal life no matter what.

journey

I do know better, and you are wrong in thinking Grace is unmerited.

Your argument is that no man can be good enough to save himself.
That is true.
However, my argument is that man can please God by doing those things that please God, and God is happy to give salvation to men that please Him.
A gift given by the King to those that please Him is one of the definitions of Grace.

No man deserves Salvation. We'll have to agree to disagree about what Grace is.

genuineoriginal

No man deserves Salvation.
Did God ask you whether anyone deserves what He wants to do for a man He delights to honour?

Esther 6:6
6 So Haman came in. And the king said unto him, What shall be done unto the man whom the king delighteth to honour? Now Haman thought in his heart, To whom would the king delight to do honour more than to myself?​

Why would you want to rob God of the delight of giving the gift of salvation to those that please Him?
We'll have to agree to disagree about what Grace is.
I really hope you find out what it is some day.

Epoisses

Yes, everyone that has believed the lie that grace is unmerited has no clue what grace actually is.

Grace that is merited is called payment of debt and is no longer grace anymore. Romans 4

Seeing that you are a sinner and have nothing to offer as payment you should stop while you're behind.

God's Truth

That kind of thinking leads to legalism and not to faith.

Jesus reveals himself in an amazing way...to the ones who obey him.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

God's Truth

So many teach we do not have to obey Jesus' powerful words. What do you got if you do not have to? What kind of salvation did one enter if one did not obey the Way?

God's Truth

Yep.
It's been shown to her over and over, and she STILL repeats the lie over and over.

Do you really think that my salvation was dependent upon whether or not I heard someone preach your beliefs to me?

No. My salvation was dependent upon whether or not I got Jesus' teachings and obeyed them.

God's Truth

If there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

That is about the old law.

The old law was NOT based on faith. It was based on the people cleaning themselves with the purification/ceremonial works.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you really think that my salvation was dependent upon whether or not I heard someone preach your beliefs to me?
No, foolish woman, I do not.
Don't know why you would say such a thing, except to distract from the fact that you tell the same lie over and over.

God's Truth

If there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

Tambora,

I was raised strict Catholic, and left that denomination in search of God's Truth when it came to light that the Catholics did not know how to save anyone. I studied Jehovah Witness beliefs, and Mormonism. I also eventually studied Nazarene, Four Square, Pentecostal, Word of Faith, and Baptism, etc, etc, etc.

God is NOT found in a denomination. God is not found by studying the many different denominations. We cannot study all the denominations to find out which one has God's Truth.

We search for God by looking for Jesus' teachings.

We find God by obeying Jesus' teachings.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Tambora,

I was raised strict Catholic, and left that denomination in search of God's Truth when it came to light that the Catholics did not know how to save anyone. I studied Jehovah Witness beliefs, and Mormonism. I also eventually studied Nazarene, Four Square, Pentecostal, Word of Faith, and Baptism, etc, etc, etc.
Irrelevant to the lie you tell over and over.

God is NOT found in a denomination.
I never said He was.
So I'm guessing you are just continuing to bring up strawmen to distract from the fact that you keep telling the same lie over and over.

But it's always entertaining to watch you try to squirm out of it.

God's Truth

Irrelevant to the lie you tell over and over.

I never said He was.
So I'm guessing you are just continuing to bring up strawmen to distract from the fact that you keep telling the same lie over and over.

But it's always entertaining to watch you try to squirm out of it.

It is not a lie to preach Jesus is the Way and do what he says.

God's Truth

What was I to do? Was I to wait until someone taught me Tambora's beliefs before I could be saved?

No. I could not wait for the right denomination to come to my door to tell me God's Truth.

I could not search the world's denominations to find out which one had the Truth.

What I did was get Jesus' teachings from the Holy Bible and start obeying each thing I could that Jesus said to do.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, I'm mocking YOU SINGULARLY; because you think that you are totally obedient and that God is so proud of you.

The ONLY obedience that God respects TODAY is that of Jesus Christ, but you reject that.
Rom 5:19 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
You can show her that truth 100 more time, and she will deny it 100 more times.