ECT The Most Misunderstood Passage in the Bible--Romans 5:12-18

dodge

Thanks for explaining.

Do you believe that God made the plan for salvation before He created anything?

The plan of salvation was known by God before anything was created.

1Pe 1:20
Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Some of you have misread Romans 5. This is why Paul said "therefore".

18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.

glorydaz

Keep reading. And re-read verse 12. Because of one man's actions, all are condemned. Physical death is not condemnation. Spiritual death is.

18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.

But the free gift doesn't come to all men...only those who receive it. Wouldn't the condemnation come on all men who commit the same offense as Adam? The soul that sinneth shall die. The soul that believeth shall live.

God's Truth

Have you noticed that Danoh is doing their level best to be kind to you and giving value to what you say?

I have... just saying... you would be wise to return a little bit of the kindness... but hey... that's not my place.

We have different ideas on what kindness is.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But the free gift doesn't come to all men...only those who receive it. Wouldn't the condemnation come on all men who commit the same offense as Adam? The soul that sinneth shall die. The soul that believeth shall live.

Did Paul wrongly state that the free gift came to all men? No. Not all accept the free gift, but it is still offered to them. Paul could not be more clear.

All are justified. Not all have his life. The cross provided justice and reconciliation. Eternal life comes to those that believe and accept his gift. Those that trust what he did are secured. You can tell who does not trust him by them saying they are not eternally secure and can fall away.

glorydaz

In this one, it is you who are rightly fighting against the "makes sense to me" "wisdom of this world" that far too many rely on, over "Nevertheless, what saith the Scripture?" Gal. 4:30.

While you're busy thumping your chest, I'm sure you have scripture to support what the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is all about. So, to use my quote in regards to Romans 5 is "fake news". :carryon:

God's Truth

The teaching of Romans 5:12-21 and I Corinthians 15:42-57 reveal the contrast between the two Adams and who is identified with both.

All humanity is the offspring of the first natural Adam, and all are corrupt.

All the offspring of the "heavenly" Adam are changed from corruptible unto immortality.

The offspring only inherit from the fathers who generate them. The sons of Adam inherit corruption and death. The sons of God inherit victory over death and gain everlasting life.

Your changing the subject of Romans 5, into a lesson in free-will sinning, destroys the message contained therein, that points the reader to Jesus Christ.

IOW's there is the Gospel message contained therein, and you are obfuscating it with your fallible views and unorthodox false teaching.

We should be careful with using words that are not there, for instance when you say all are corrupt.

Not all are only corrupt.

We are flesh and spirit.

Some people by practicing that which is evil desire only to please their flesh, and some are more spiritual desiring to please their flesh.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Some of you have misread Romans 5. This is why Paul said "therefore".

Aha! The focus on ... Therefore ... Good point! I believe I see your point. Some are putting the em-PHAS-sis on the wrong syl-LAB-le.

God's Truth

Did Paul wrongly state that the free gift came to all men? No. Not all accept the free gift, but it is still offered to them. Paul could not be more clear.

All are justified. Not all have his life. The cross provided justice and reconciliation. Eternal life comes to those that believe and accept his gift. Those that trust what he did are secured. You can tell who does not trust him by them saying they are not eternally secure and can fall away.

Jesus warns us for a reason.

Some are weaker in faith and not as knowledgeable as others. Don't you know the parable of the sower? Some people need to be warned. It isn't all about you, it is about God's Truth.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

Some are weaker in faith and not as knowledgeable as others. Don't you know the parable of the sower? Some people need to be warned.

Holy Hot Cakes! This is the very reason so many people keep telling you to take the focus off of obedience and put it on Jesus Christ and Atonement + Nothing!

Are you aware of this?

To draw attention to flesh causes the weak in faith to stumble!

glorydaz

Good points. But what about this?

Romans 5:19KJV
For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Jerry Shugart

The teaching of Romans 5:12-21 and I Corinthians 15:42-57 reveal the contrast between the two Adams and who is identified with both.

All humanity is the offspring of the first natural Adam, and all are corrupt.

All the offspring of the "heavenly" Adam are changed from corruptible unto immortality.

The verses which you cite from 1 Corinthians 15:42-57 are in regard to the different "bodies" which the Christians possess now and in the future. You are comparing apples with oranges.

God's Truth

Holy Hot Cakes! This is the very reason so many people keep telling you to take the focus off of obedience and put it on Jesus Christ and Atonement + Nothing!

Are you aware of this?

Obeying Jesus doesn't make one weak and not knowledgeable.

Are you kidding?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

Some are weaker in faith and not as knowledgeable as others. Don't you know the parable of the sower? Some people need to be warned. It isn't all about you, it is about God's Truth.

Are you aware of this?

Obeying Jesus doesn't make one weak and not knowledgeable.

Are you kidding?

:doh:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Since you are so sure you are right about this subject please tell me what "death" is being referred to here?:

"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned"
(Ro.5:12).​

:CRASH::nuke:

:thumb: