The Law of Moses Has Not Been Abolished

Jerry Shugart

The Law is now in abeyance. But in the future it will once again be in force for those to whom it was originally given:

"And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate"
(Dan.9:27).​

RBBI

"For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law" (Heb.7:12).

Nice sound bite, but why didn't you post the rest of it? The change was from Levi to Judah, because as it continues, it states that the covenant is between JUDAH AND ISRAEL, who, btw, are still obeying the statutes and commandments. So then the ADDITION of the spiritual to THAT COVENANT, is what being made perfect or complete, is all about, the making of TWAIN, one new man. You want the one new man to be a Gentile that completely kicks the Jew to the curb, which is called boasting against the branch you were grafted into. Not going to happen; you're a man short.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You got sex on your mind! Get out of the gutter!

Somebody said, "So both the males and females in Christ became sexless?"

That was said as if there will be a need for sex in the next life.

If you associate sex with the gutter, you must be a dirty old man.

Somebody said, "So both the males and females in Christ became sexless?"

That was said as if there will be a need for sex in the next life.

If you associate sex with the gutter, you must be a dirty old man.

this is what happens when this generation tries to separate sex from gender... I actually had some one tell me you cannot choose your sex, but you can choose your gender...

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
this is what happens when this generation tries to separate sex from gender... I actually had some one tell me you cannot choose your sex, but you can choose your gender...

I understand gender is determined by DNA regardless of anatomy.

john w

Hall of Fame
The following verse must refer to all believers, both Jews and Gentiles:

"For Christ is the end of law for righteousness to every one that believes"
(Ro.10:4; DBY)).​

Since this is speaking about "every one that believes" it must be referring to "law" (which includes both The Law and the law written in the heart of which the conscience bears witnessed. This translation of the same verse could not be correct since it is limited to "The Law":

"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes"​
(Ro.10:4; ESV).​

No, they were under the law written in their hearts of which the conscience bears witness:

"Wherefore by works of law no flesh shall be justified before him; for by law is knowledge of sin" (Ro.3:20; DBY).​

Before we are aware of the Ten Commandments we know what constitutes sin because our conscience tells us that certian things are wrong.

Clueless, as to the purpose of the law. You-out with:

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Romans 3 KJV

20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Read it-"flesh"-everyone- by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Romans 7 KJV

What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Yes, or no-is the law abolished?

clefty

I proved that there will be a temporal kingdom with the Lord Jesus ruling on His throne on the earth. So now you say:
I never denied there will be a throne He sits on...I just deny it will be made by human hands...certainly not jesuit Zionists of babylon...

Now let us look at what the Apostles believed about the temporal kingdom. They were with the Lord Jesus for forty days after He was resurrected while He tutored than about the things concerning the kingdom(Acts 1:3). Then they asked Him this question:

"When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power" (Acts 1:6-7).​

After being with the Lord Jesus for forty days while He taught them about the things concerning the kingdom they thought that the kingdom would be restored to Israel. If this belief was in error then the Lord would have corrected them, especially since He was about to send them out to preach the "gospel of the kingdom."

But He did not correct them but instead He told them that they were not to know the "time" when it would happen. If the restoring of the kingdom to Israel is never going to happen then it would make no sense for the Lord to say anything at all about when it would happen.

Right they confused restoration of israel as a world power...being Jewish does that...Peter needed even further vision to see gentiles were not unclean...and no not to eat but to fellowship with...

Yahushua answered as He did because they do not know what time this SPIRITUAL event would occur...

if it is a TEMPORAL achievement one would be able to estimate about when it will occur...but it is spiritual as only the Father knows when He will do it...

So we can be absolutely certain that the kingdom will be restored to Israel, and it will be a temporal kingdom.
ummm...sure...He will be the King and we Israel you know His people that church in the wilderness as it was called by Stephen...we will be worshipping from new moon to new moon Sabbath to Sabbath...His will on earth as it is in Heaven...

But jesuit Zionists will not have built this kingdom...at all...it will have descended from heaven...

Now you can tell me why I should think that you are right when you deny that a temporal kingdom will be restored to Israel. How much time did you spend with the Lord Jesus while He explained the things concerning the kingdom to you?

What literally like the disciples? None. Again I never denied a temporal kingdom would be restored...literal physcical temporal yes...but not by temporal means...not through power politics war NWO jesuit Zionists...etc

And when you say restored to Israel I disagree that it is this apostate zionist state of jews...but well that church begun in the wilderness...believers who obey and represent as good citizens do

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Law of Moses is the first 5 books of the bible,
Nope.
The Law of Moses was given after Israel came out of Egypt.

as the entire book was authored by Moses.
Not only is that not a proven fact, but it is also highly unlikely anyone could have authored the events of his own death and burial and the 30 days of mourning for his passing. (Deu 34:5-8)

clefty

The Law is now in abeyance. But in the future it will once again be in force for those to whom it was originally given:

"And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate"
(Dan.9:27).​

"The Law is now in abeyance"... oh my...i mean dont get me wrong it does seem like it when I look around but...

How did you come up with that?

So is sin suspended too? Because without the Law I am inclined to think there is no sin pointed out...

But then in the future it will be in force for those to whom it was originally given...

Oh wait you mean israel is Lawless now...well that does explain things...

But later it will be enforced on only them as it was given originally to them...only?

clefty

Clueless, as to the purpose of the law. You-out with:

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Romans 3 KJV

20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Read it-"flesh"-everyone- by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Romans 7 KJV

What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Yes, or no-is the law abolished?

Yup...

Not only does the Law point out sin but it points out our need of salvation and the One who will do it...the One who is also Lord of the Sabbath...

Fascinating that bit...I mean many can keep the law even teach it but no one dared equate themselves to being the giver of a commandment...He did...reminded them He was the One that brought rest and salvation from sin...and shadows of other good things to come...

His declaration He was Lord of the Sabbath upheld He was creator and savior as Sabbath was not only a memorial to creation but of coming out of Egypt...out of sin...

His healings on the Sabbath were a direct affront to the Pharisees who felt it was only as they defined it...He could have waited to heal the next day but He didnt...His authority of the Sabbath indicated He was the real deal...the giver of Life itself and the Salvation of sin...no earthly interpretation or authority was to replace Him...

It was after healing a man sick 30 years on the Sabbath and telling Him to go ahead and carry his bed Yahushua here equates Himself as the Lawgiver...for this they began to plot to kill Him...

chair

...it is also highly unlikely anyone could have authored the events of his own death and burial and the 30 days of mourning for his passing. (Deu 34:5-8)

Even traditional Jewish sources discuss that. There are opinions in the Talmud that Moses did not write those verses.