The Law of Moses Has Not Been Abolished

clefty

Yet somehow the scriptures say,

The law of the LORD is perfect, refreshing the soul. The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple. (Psalm 19:7 [NIV])

Whoever hates the law hates God.

Yeah, I know...tough crowd harder sell...

Nobody's buying "Do these and ye shall live..." "I delight in the Law" "If you love me keep my commandments"

People here are free spirits and want to be lawless...and well FREE...without a yoke...no matter how easy it is...nothing around this motley crew's necks no sirreee...

Nothing to signify they are bought paid for and cared for by a master who loves them...nothing to set them apart from the world, sanctified and peculiar...

Their way is broad popular and a blast...

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
Umm...which will be restored as a NEW EARTH yes? With a New Heaven? You know restored to how it was supposed to be before this whole detour of sin...

Not restored, otherwise there be a sea and there would be night, but these things will not exist there. This is an entirely new creation, and begins with a heavenly city descending upon it, which was not so at the beginning of this current earth.

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
Yeah, I know...tough crowd harder sell...

Nobody's buying "Do these and ye shall live..." "I delight in the Law" "If you love me keep my commandments"

People here are free spirits and want to be lawless...and well FREE...without a yoke...no matter how easy it is...nothing around this motley crew's necks no sirreee...

Nothing to signify they are bought paid for and cared for by a master who loves them...nothing to set them apart from the world, sanctified and peculiar...

Their way is broad popular and a blast...

They will be among those whom are told this,

But I will reply, 'I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God's laws.' (Matthew 7:23 [NLT])

clefty

Not restored, otherwise there be a sea and there would be night, but these things will not exist there. This is an entirely new creation, and begins with a heavenly city descending upon it, which was not so at the beginning of this current earth.

Oh good grief fine...no sabbath for you...guess Isaiah lied

clefty

"For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law" (Heb.7:12).

Small "l" there Jerry indicates law not Law...as in you know, the immutable Law of Yah...

law of priesthood sure...thankfully...cuz now we all are administering the unchanged Law...

Law is understood as His character...Him..."I do not change"

Jerry Shugart

In Christ there are no Gentiles. Not even you.

Then what happened to these people who were baptized into the Body of Christ by One Spirit?:

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).​

The Scripture to which you are making reference is simply saying that all the people in the Body are on the same level. The Jewish believers are not superior to the Gentile believers. The male believers are not superior to the female believers because they are on the same level in the eyes of God.

clefty

Then what happened to these people who were baptized into the Body of Christ by One Spirit?:

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).​

The Scripture to which you are making reference is simply saying that all the people in the Body are on the same level. The Jewish believers are not superior to the Gentile believers. The male believers are not superior to the female believers because they are on the same level in the eyes of God.

Oh man sooo close...but no

Two become one...whether they be Jews or Gentiles...they become neither IN HIM...just like being not man and not woman is best understood in the spiritual realm...since well, in the physical realm we ain't become Bruce Jenners...

So in summary...whether they be Jew or Gentile they become NEITHER in HIM...

They are however citizen of Israel...so they act more like Israelites not lawless but with the Law given to the church in the wilderness...

Jerry Shugart

Small "l" there Jerry indicates law not Law...as in you know, the immutable Law of Yah...

law of priesthood sure...thankfully...cuz now we all are administering the unchanged Law...

I didn't know they had Capital letters in Greek.

Besides that, the ceremonial law was an integral part of the Law, the Mosaic Covenant. The commandments which members of the Body of Christ are to follow are the "commandments" given us by the Lord Jesus (1 Thess.4:2).

By the way, do you keep this commandment, which is one of the Ten Commandments?:

"Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy"
(Ex.20:8).​

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

:thumb: Exactly!

Why else would Paul after saying this:

Col 3:10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
Col 3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all

Say this?

Col 3:22 Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God:

Or this?

Col 4:1 Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven.

clefty

I didn't know they had Capital letters in Greek.
they didn't...funny how translators understood the difference no?

Besides that, the ceremonial law was an integral part of the Law, the Mosaic Covenant. The commandments which members of the Body of Christ are to follow are the "commandments" given us by the Lord Jesus (1 Thess.4:2).

'For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you should abstain from sexual immorality; 4 that each of you should know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor, 5 not in passion of lust, like the Gentiles who do not know God; 6 that no one should take advantage of and defraud his brother in this matter, because the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also forewarned you and testified. 7 For God did not call us to uncleanness, but in holiness. 8 Therefore he who rejects this does not reject man, but God, who 1has also given us His Holy Spirit.'

Yup all there practically summation of the Torah itself...call to holiness and being sanctified the Sabbath being a sign of this...sadly Christendom not only rejected the Sabbath its rest but the Torah its prohibition of usury and debt slavery...but whatever we ain't the Jews brothers in the OT family after all...

The commandments His Law were exemplified and modeled and instructed by His life and love in the New Testament then signed and sealed by His blood and death. So in the New covenant we are to be more like Him, His way...not less... Remain in His love by obeying Him as He did His Father's commandments and remained in His love...all one and the same Love...

By the way, do you keep this commandment, which is one of the Ten Commandments?:

"Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy"
(Ex.20:8).​

I try...but I find it better keeps me than I it...ya dig?

clefty

So both the males and females in Christ became sexless?

Hope you read scripture better than my posts

If you had read further you would have read

"just like being not man and not woman is best understood in the spiritual realm...since well, in the physical realm we ain't become Bruce Jenners..."

I wasn't referring to his being an Olympian either ok?

The text is best understood as spiritual not temporal...of course the man and woman are not sexless but I guess you are bored and wish to be silly...

You can joke about slaves being suddenly freed too...but they weren't...sometimes maybe...but free IN HIM did not mean the master agreed they were free to go...

Or joke about uncircumcised being suddenly circumcised...again best understood in the spiritual realm ok?

Jerry Shugart

You can joke about slaves being suddenly freed too...but they weren't...sometimes maybe...but free IN HIM did not mean the master agreed they were free to go...

I never said that and you know it. I said that all people in the Body of Christ are on the same level in the eyes of God.

Those free in the Body are on the same level as those in bond!

If you are right then why did Paul use the word "Gentiles" here?:

"Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles" (Ro.16:4).​

Jerry Shugart

Small "l" there Jerry indicates law not Law...as in you know, the immutable Law of Yah..

What is being referred to here? You know the word "law" with a small "l":

"For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law"
(Jas.2:10-11).

You are so brilliant that I need my sunglasses!

clefty

I never said that and you know it. I said that all people in the Body of Christ are on the same level in the eyes of God.

Those free in the Body are on the same level as those in bond!

If you are right then why did Paul use the word "Gentiles" here?:

"Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles" (Ro.16:4).​

Hmmm Because they were still gentiles? Again in spiritual application they were now to be greeted as they are IN HIM BROTHERS but they remain gentile...

Your bigger argument is that Jews still need their temple and Israel still needs its temporal kingdom...when that was always merely symbolic of something spiritual...the glory of Israel was spiritual not might makes right! NOT Gott mit uns!

In Him is the glory of Israel...In Him is the light to all nations...Him will all nations worship new moon to new moon Sabbath to Sabbath...as every good citizen of Israel desires to do...

The name Israel was itself given by divine spiritual assignment...keep that in mind...

chair

Yada yada yada...because only Israel sinned? Will not be admitted by Jews...

maybe because only Israel will be saved...they might go with that

yada yada yada sin sin sin. The Law is not about Sin. It is how to live your life correctly. "Sin" is a Christian obsession. Don't project it on others.

clefty

What is being referred to here? You know the word "law" with a small "l":

"For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law"
(Jas.2:10-11).

You are so brilliant that I need my sunglasses!

Big deal...that even applies to secular terms...if you play the game of baseball to keep the rules then all the rules you better keep...if it's just to have fun and enjoy...well...have fun...

Break one break them all...it's all a foul...break one or the other and if you argue with the ump long enough it's as if they are all broken and you'll be ejected...lol...

Jerry Shugart

Your bigger argument is that Jews still need their temple and Israel still needs its temporal kingdom...when that was always merely symbolic of something spiritual...the glory of Israel was spiritual not might makes right! NOT Gott mit uns!

So the kingdom will not be near at hand when the Lord Jesus returns to the earth:

" And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh. And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees; When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand. So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand" (Lk.21:27-31).​

When the Lord Jesus returns to the earth then He is not going to sit upon His throne, despite the fact that He says He will?:

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory" (Mt.25:31).​

I guess He has us all fooled, except for you!