The Law of Moses Has Not Been Abolished

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Indeed, hence why it is necessary to receive the spirit of God, to then be fully obedient to the law, hence,

And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules. (Ezekiel 36:36 [ESV])
Hasn't happened yet, doofus.
It's for the restored kingdom of Israel, not the BOC.

Please, please, read your bible.

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
Hasn't happened yet, doofus.
It's for the restored kingdom of Israel, not the BOC.

Please, please, read your bible.

It has happened, hence,

All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them. (Acts 2:4 [NIV])

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Law of Moses, which is the first five books of the Bible,
The law of Moses refers to the law given to Israel through Moses at Mount Sinai when Israel was freed from Egypt.
Torah means teaching, direction, or instruction.
Torah includes the Law of Moses, but is not limited to the Law of Moses.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It has happened, hence,

All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them. (Acts 2:4 [NIV])
Nope.
That is not a fulfillment of Ezekiel 36.
It was a taste of what they could expect when the kingdom of Israel is restored.
That is still future.

READ your bible.

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
The law of Moses refers to the law given to Israel through Moses at Mount Sinai when Israel was freed from Egypt.
Torah means teaching, direction, or instruction.
Torah includes the Law of Moses, but is not limited to the Law of Moses.

The first 5 books of the Bible is the Torah. That is the law of God revealed to man.

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
Yep.
Which includes the Law of Moses.
Torah is not just the Law of Moses.
Quit being such a puppet and get your facts straight so you can spread the truth instead of your half-baked mumbo jumbo.

The Law of Moses is the first 5 books of the bible, as the entire book was authored by Moses. However, not every command came through Moses, as certain commands were spoken by God, and others were given to Moses to give to the people. The entire first 5 books of the bible must be obeyed.

clefty

I agree with the thread assertion, but not the author's reasons. Part of the reason, that the law has not been abolished, centering on 2 of its functions:

Galatians 3 KJV

23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Romans 3 KJV

20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Romans 7 KJV

What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Clap clap clap...and a whistle...

No seriously...

clefty

I don't know about you but I am a Gentile and therefore I have never been under the law of Moses (Ro.2:14).

Funny how the law was given to Israel...as if it was the only one who sinned...

Funny too how the Sabbath was made for man...not just Israel...or Jew...

And to think that in the Sabbath commandment itself it was the ONLY one specifically given to the stranger the foreigner the one in their body...that church in the wilderness as Stephen refers to it...

Elsewhere is repeated ONE law for native and non native etc...

clefty

Galatians 3:11-12 KJV
(11) But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
(12) And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

Once we are justified the Law merely helps with the "NOW WHAT?"...ya dig?

clefty

I don't read rambling posts, but with regard to your opening statement, Paul taught the Law of Moses was temporary.

That pretty much sums it up for me. Also we know there will be a new covenant for Israel that claims to be different from the first covenant.

Different covenants...same law...different wives...same wants...

clefty

The following verse must refer to all believers, both Jews and Gentiles:

"For Christ is the end of law for righteousness to every one that believes"
(Ro.10:4; DBY)).​

Since this is speaking about "every one that believes" it must be referring to "law" (which includes both The Law and the law written in the heart of which the conscience bears witnessed. This translation of the same verse could not be correct since it is limited to "The Law":

"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes"​
(Ro.10:4; ESV).​

No, they were under the law written in their hearts of which the conscience bears witness:

"Wherefore by works of law no flesh shall be justified before him; for by law is knowledge of sin" (Ro.3:20; DBY).​

Before we are aware of the Ten Commandments we know what constitutes sin because our conscience tells us that certian things are wrong.

The goal of the Law...He is the goal...

https://lifehopeandtruth.com/bible/law-and-grace/christ-is-the-end-of-the-law/

Good grief...it's quite basic..."think NOT that I have come to destroy" fulfilling in the sense that most here describe it destroy it...

Like a recipe...fulfill it doesn't mean never again...

Or an owner's manual fulfill its instructions once for one break down and then what? throw it away? LOL

clefty

These threads always strike me as very strange. Of course the "Law" has not been "abolished". And it never will be. But it was meant for Israel (the Jews), not for the whole world. During the early history of Christianity this was an issue, since the first Christians were Jews (and as such would stick to the Law), and then later non-Jews joined, so the question of whether the non-Jews, who were joining a Jewish sect, needed to observe the Law came up. This was an issue that Paul had to deal with.

So you have different attitudes towards the Law, depending on the period. Jesus, as the leader of a Jewish sect, had one attitude. Paul, who was dealing with a mixed sect, had another.It is not surprising that one can choose verses in either direction.

Yada yada yada...because only Israel sinned? Will not be admitted by Jews...

maybe because only Israel will be saved...they might go with that

clefty

The law will indeed be abolished, at the conclusion of this heaven and earth. You cannot have a law of sin and death in a new heaven and earth where sin and death does not exist, as such, this law will eventually become obsolete.

Well...then there is Sabbath...established prior sin...

clefty

It has happened, hence,

Let me help you catch up here...many here at TOL believe for God so loved the world...but well He loved some more than others...

And to some He gave the Law but not others...

Most here hate the Law...see it as a burden...so not having it is a good thing...

Especially the Sabbath day of rest thingy...people really reject that one...

clefty

Even the Sabbath shall pass, as the Sabbath pertains to the creation of this earth.

Umm...which will be restored as a NEW EARTH yes? With a New Heaven? You know restored to how it was supposed to be before this whole detour of sin...

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
Let me help you catch up here...many here at TOL believe for God so loved the world...but well He loved some more than others...

And to some He gave the Law but not others...

Most here hate the Law...see it as a burden...so not having it is a good thing...

Especially the Sabbath day of rest thingy...people really reject that one...

Yet somehow the scriptures say,

The law of the LORD is perfect, refreshing the soul. The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple. (Psalm 19:7 [NIV])

Whoever hates the law hates God.