The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Set your mind on heavenly things......

Set your mind on heavenly things......

They are prevalent in our media, entertainment, philosophy and daily life; mostly without anyone suspecting they're involved at all.Yeah, subtlety and disguise are their forte. The UB is an obvious work from hell and cannot bring light to anything, since it is complete darkness and lies.

The spiritual powers which authored the UB, as well as anyone deceived by it.See what I mean? You just called The Holy Scriptures a lie.Dispensing with faith in The Word of God is an attack. :duh:You just did it for me.Right, that's called: Half-Truth which is also known by it's REAL name: Whole Lies.Nothing can compare to a dynamic relationship with The Living God, which is the purpose of Scripture.Jesus said that He is the one-and-only Way, the one-and-only Truth and the one-and-only Life. Because people don't believe Him they will swallow any lie.That is why Jesus (who is Infinite) came down from eternity into our temporal realm to declare The Infinite God to us and show us the way to Him. Following Jebus, the false god of the UB can only lead to hell.No, I always say what I mean and mean what I say. It mocks Scripture. It makes God's Words into lies.Yes, but the counterfeit of each of those is blatantly obvious and seems to be a heartfelt cry for help.This is the real world. You need to mature and grow some thicker skin. You're too sensitive and pushy.You mean like the abomination of homosexuality? That probably grieves The Holy Spirit more than any sin there is. I agree. :thumb:

I could respond on a few points here, but its all over the map, so will opt to leave it alone. All my previous responses, insights and commentaries hold, as we've more or less covered the same 'issues'...again...and again....and again. It still remains that if you want to criticize the UB and any of its particular teaching you have to actually learn what it is you're discrediting.

~*~*~

From a discourse on 'prayer' -

144:2.2 “Prayer is entirely a personal and spontaneous expression of the attitude of the soul toward the spirit; prayer should be the communion of sonship and the expression of fellowship. Prayer, when indited by the spirit, leads to co-operative spiritual progress. The ideal prayer is a form of spiritual communion which leads to intelligent worship. True praying is the sincere attitude of reaching heavenward for the attainment of your ideals.

- Paper 144

2:7.6 Intellectual self-consciousness can discover the beauty of truth, its spiritual quality, not only by the philosophic consistency of its concepts, but more certainly and surely by the unerring response of the ever-present Spirit of Truth. Happiness ensues from the recognition of truth because it can be acted out; it can be lived. Disappointment and sorrow attend upon error because, not being a reality, it cannot be realized in experience. Divine truth is best known by its spiritual flavor.

- Paper 2 - The Nature of God

pj

Aimiel

It still remains that if you want to criticize the UB and any of its particular teaching you have to actually learn what it is you're discrediting.
No, I don't... just like the fact that someone who holds a counterfeit hundred-dollar-bill in their hand doesn't have to know every counterfeiting trick to spot a fake. I know The One True God so every false god that comes down the pike is visible for what it is a mile away: an imp pretending to be The Almighty.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
historical issues.....

historical issues.....

Gerald Massey pretty much destroys the historical charade, and time will expose the lie they ignorantly defend, it is over due..

Blessings, Zeke.

Gerald Massey's research on drawing the Egyptian origins of Christianity are interesting, however the mythology and symbolisms play out.

~*~*~

Who is Gerald Massey?

Kemetic / Egyptian Origin of Christianity

~*~*~

A more critical mythicist view of Christianity and the questioning of the historical person of Jesus would be an extreme view, which the UB would not support, since it does attest to the historicity of Jesus and his teachings as contained in the gospels, with some minor revisions and expansions, plus revealing Jesus to be our Creator Son of this local universe and world, so that Jesus is certainly in this revelation an actual Creator Son of God that incarnated near 2,000 years ago and did promise to return in the near or far future.

Its criticisms of the Christianity of its times (when the papers were given) would be on some of its retarded development, mistaken concepts or beliefs about God and the atonement, and a correct emphasis on the 'religion of Jesus' (not just a religions about Jesus), how he lived his life in service to God and his fellowman, and how we are called to follow that example...and more.

No matter, the figure and personality of Jesus remains as our universal exemplar on living a life based on true and eternal principles, founded in the absolute truth of 'God' (Our Father) and the laws that reveal and prosper his kingdom. This world is only one of many that we sojourn in our ascension, for in the Father's house are many mansions.

pj

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Paper 5 - God's Relation to the Individual

~*~*~

Continuing our chronological audi-video series on the first 12 papers from previous broadcasts here.

So far shared -

Paper 1 - The Universal Father
Paper 2 - The Nature of God
Paper 3 - The Attributes of God
Paper 4 - God's Relation to the Universe

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The Stop at Ramah

(1641.3) 146:3.1 "At Ramah Jesus had the memorable discussion with the aged Greek philosopher who taught that science and philosophy were sufficient to satisfy the needs of human experience. Jesus listened with patience and sympathy to this Greek teacher, allowing the truth of many things he said but pointing out that, when he was through, he had failed in his discussion of human existence to explain “whence, why, and whither,” and added: “Where you leave off, we begin. Religion is a revelation to man’s soul dealing with spiritual realities which the mind alone could never discover or fully fathom. Intellectual strivings may reveal the facts of life, but the gospel of the kingdom unfolds the truths of being. You have discussed the material shadows of truth; will you now listen while I tell you about the eternal and spiritual realities which cast these transient time shadows of the material facts of mortal existence?” For more than an hour Jesus taught this Greek the saving truths of the gospel of the kingdom. The old philosopher was susceptible to the Master’s mode of approach, and being sincerely honest of heart, he quickly believed this gospel of salvation.

(1641.4) 146:3.2 The apostles were a bit disconcerted by the open manner of Jesus’ assent to many of the Greek’s propositions, but Jesus afterward privately said to them: “My children, marvel not that I was tolerant of the Greek’s philosophy. True and genuine inward certainty does not in the least fear outward analysis, nor does truth resent honest criticism. You should never forget that intolerance is the mask covering up the entertainment of secret doubts as to the trueness of one’s belief. No man is at any time disturbed by his neighbor’s attitude when he has perfect confidence in the truth of that which he wholeheartedly believes. Courage is the confidence of thoroughgoing honesty about those things which one professes to believe. Sincere men are unafraid of the critical examination of their true convictions and noble ideals.”

(1641.5) 146:3.3 On the second evening at Ramah, Thomas asked Jesus this question: “Master, how can a new believer in your teaching really know, really be certain, about the truth of this gospel of the kingdom?”

(1641.6) 146:3.4 And Jesus said to Thomas: “Your assurance that you have entered into the kingdom family of the Father, and that you will eternally survive with the children of the kingdom, is wholly a matter of personal experience — faith in the word of truth. Spiritual assurance is the equivalent of your personal religious experience in the eternal realities of divine truth and is otherwise equal to your intelligent understanding of truth realities plus your spiritual faith and minus your honest doubts.

(1642.1) 146:3.5 “The Son is naturally endowed with the life of the Father. Having been endowed with the living spirit of the Father, you are therefore sons of God. You survive your life in the material world of the flesh because you are identified with the Father’s living spirit, the gift of eternal life. Many, indeed, had this life before I came forth from the Father, and many more have received this spirit because they believed my word; but I declare that, when I return to the Father, he will send his spirit into the hearts of all men.

(1642.2) 146:3.6 “While you cannot observe the divine spirit at work in your minds, there is a practical method of discovering the degree to which you have yielded the control of your soul powers to the teaching and guidance of this indwelling spirit of the heavenly Father, and that is the degree of your love for your fellow men. This spirit of the Father partakes of the love of the Father, and as it dominates man, it unfailingly leads in the directions of divine worship and loving regard for one’s fellows. At first you believe that you are sons of God because my teaching has made you more conscious of the inner leadings of our Father’s indwelling presence; but presently the Spirit of Truth shall be poured out upon all flesh, and it will live among men and teach all men, even as I now live among you and speak to you the words of truth. And this Spirit of Truth, speaking for the spiritual endowments of your souls, will help you to know that you are the sons of God. It will unfailingly bear witness with the Father’s indwelling presence, your spirit, then dwelling in all men as it now dwells in some, telling you that you are in reality the sons of God.

(1642.3) 146:3.7 “Every earth child who follows the leading of this spirit shall eventually know the will of God, and he who surrenders to the will of my Father shall abide forever. The way from the earth life to the eternal estate has not been made plain to you, but there is a way, there always has been, and I have come to make that way new and living. He who enters the kingdom has eternal life already — he shall never perish. But much of this you will the better understand when I shall have returned to the Father and you are able to view your present experiences in retrospect.”

(1642.4) 146:3.8 And all who heard these blessed words were greatly cheered. The Jewish teachings had been confused and uncertain regarding the survival of the righteous, and it was refreshing and inspiring for Jesus’ followers to hear these very definite and positive words of assurance about the eternal survival of all true believers.

(1642.5) 146:3.9 The apostles continued to preach and baptize believers, while they kept up the practice of visiting from house to house, comforting the downcast and ministering to the sick and afflicted. The apostolic organization was expanded in that each of Jesus’ apostles now had one of John’s as an associate; Abner was the associate of Andrew; and this plan prevailed until they went down to Jerusalem for the next Passover.

(1642.6) 146:3.10 The special instruction given by Jesus during their stay at Zebulun had chiefly to do with further discussions of the mutual obligations of the kingdom and embraced teaching designed to make clear the differences between personal religious experience and the amities of social religious obligations. This was one of the few times the Master ever discussed the social aspects of religion. Throughout his entire earth life Jesus gave his followers very little instruction regarding the socialization of religion.

(1643.1) 146:3.11 In Zebulun the people were of a mixed race, hardly Jew or gentile, and few of them really believed in Jesus, notwithstanding they had heard of the healing of the sick at Capernaum." UB 1955

Caino

BANNED
Banned
"Until the races become highly intelligent and more fully civilized, there will persist many of those childlike and superstitious ceremonies which are so characteristic of the evolutionary religious practices of primitive and backward peoples. Until the human race progresses to the level of a higher and more general recognition of the realities of spiritual experience, large numbers of men and women will continue to show a personal preference for those religions of authority which require only intellectual assent, in contrast to the religion of the spirit, which entails active participation of mind and soul in the faith adventure of grappling with the rigorous realities of progressive human experience.

(1729.4) 155:5.9 The acceptance of the traditional religions of authority presents the easy way out for man’s urge to seek satisfaction for the longings of his spiritual nature. The settled, crystallized, and established religions of authority afford a ready refuge to which the distracted and distraught soul of man may flee when harassed by fear and tormented by uncertainty. Such a religion requires of its devotees, as the price to be paid for its satisfactions and assurances, only a passive and purely intellectual assent.

(1729.5) 155:5.10 And for a long time there will live on earth those timid, fearful, and hesitant individuals who will prefer thus to secure their religious consolations, even though, in so casting their lot with the religions of authority, they compromise the sovereignty of personality, debase the dignity of self-respect, and utterly surrender the right to participate in that most thrilling and inspiring of all possible human experiences: the personal quest for truth, the exhilaration of facing the perils of intellectual discovery, the determination to explore the realities of personal religious experience, the supreme satisfaction of experiencing the personal triumph of the actual realization of the victory of spiritual faith over intellectual doubt as it is honestly won in the supreme adventure of all human existence — man seeking God, for himself and as himself, and finding him.

(1729.6) 155:5.11 The religion of the spirit means effort, struggle, conflict, faith, determination, love, loyalty, and progress. The religion of the mind — the theology of authority — requires little or none of these exertions from its formal believers. Tradition is a safe refuge and an easy path for those fearful and halfhearted souls who instinctively shun the spirit struggles and mental uncertainties associated with those faith voyages of daring adventure out upon the high seas of unexplored truth in search for the farther shores of spiritual realities as they may be discovered by the progressive human mind and experienced by the evolving human soul.

And Jesus went on to say: “At Jerusalem the religious leaders have formulated the various doctrines of their traditional teachers and the prophets of other days into an established system of intellectual beliefs, a religion of authority. The appeal of all such religions is largely to the mind. And now are we about to enter upon a deadly conflict with such a religion since we will so shortly begin the bold proclamation of a new religion — a religion which is not a religion in the present-day meaning of that word, a religion that makes its chief appeal to the divine spirit of my Father which resides in the mind of man; a religion which shall derive its authority from the fruits of its acceptance that will so certainly appear in the personal experience of all who really and truly become believers in the truths of this higher spiritual communion.”

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
True Courage......

True Courage......

The Stop at Ramah

(1641.3) 146:3.1 "At Ramah Jesus had the memorable discussion with the aged Greek philosopher who taught that science and philosophy were sufficient to satisfy the needs of human experience. Jesus listened with patience and sympathy to this Greek teacher, allowing the truth of many things he said but pointing out that, when he was through, he had failed in his discussion of human existence to explain “whence, why, and whither,” and added: “Where you leave off, we begin. Religion is a revelation to man’s soul dealing with spiritual realities which the mind alone could never discover or fully fathom. Intellectual strivings may reveal the facts of life, but the gospel of the kingdom unfolds the truths of being. You have discussed the material shadows of truth; will you now listen while I tell you about the eternal and spiritual realities which cast these transient time shadows of the material facts of mortal existence?” For more than an hour Jesus taught this Greek the saving truths of the gospel of the kingdom. The old philosopher was susceptible to the Master’s mode of approach, and being sincerely honest of heart, he quickly believed this gospel of salvation.

(1641.4) 146:3.2 The apostles were a bit disconcerted by the open manner of Jesus’ assent to many of the Greek’s propositions, but Jesus afterward privately said to them: “My children, marvel not that I was tolerant of the Greek’s philosophy. True and genuine inward certainty does not in the least fear outward analysis, nor does truth resent honest criticism. You should never forget that intolerance is the mask covering up the entertainment of secret doubts as to the trueness of one’s belief. No man is at any time disturbed by his neighbor’s attitude when he has perfect confidence in the truth of that which he wholeheartedly believes. Courage is the confidence of thoroughgoing honesty about those things which one professes to believe. Sincere men are unafraid of the critical examination of their true convictions and noble ideals.”

We would add to the bold above, that such is true, as a sincere seeker of truth is always OPEN to have his own convinctions, opinions and beliefs continually 'tested' to the approval of the Spirit, which is always illumining and perfecting our insight, understanding and comprehension of religious/philosophical matters.

Truth has nothing whatsoever to fear....since it is grounded in love.

pj

Aimiel

Believing the fictitious Urantia papers doesn't make them Truth. They are mere half-truths mingled with lies which makes them whole lies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Lesson on Self-Mastery

(1609.2) 143:2.1 The Master was a perfected specimen of human self-control. When he was reviled, he reviled not; when he suffered, he uttered no threats against his tormentors; when he was denounced by his enemies, he simply committed himself to the righteous judgment of the Father in heaven.

(1609.3) 143:2.2 At one of the evening conferences, Andrew asked Jesus: “Master, are we to practice self-denial as John taught us, or are we to strive for the self-control of your teaching? Wherein does your teaching differ from that of John?” Jesus answered: “John indeed taught you the way of righteousness in accordance with the light and laws of his fathers, and that was the religion of self-examination and self-denial. But I come with a new message of self-forgetfulness and self-control. I show to you the way of life as revealed to me by my Father in heaven.

(1609.4) 143:2.3 “Verily, verily, I say to you, he who rules his own self is greater than he who captures a city. Self-mastery is the measure of man’s moral nature and the indicator of his spiritual development. In the old order you fasted and prayed; as the new creature of the rebirth of the spirit, you are taught to believe and rejoice. In the Father’s kingdom you are to become new creatures; old things are to pass away; behold I show you how all things are to become new. And by your love for one another you are to convince the world that you have passed from bondage to liberty, from death into life everlasting.

(1609.5) 143:2.4 “By the old way you seek to suppress, obey, and conform to the rules of living; by the new way you are first transformed by the Spirit of Truth and thereby strengthened in your inner soul by the constant spiritual renewing of your mind, and so are you endowed with the power of the certain and joyous performance of the gracious, acceptable, and perfect will of God. Forget not — it is your personal faith in the exceedingly great and precious promises of God that ensures your becoming partakers of the divine nature. Thus by your faith and the spirit’s transformation, you become in reality the temples of God, and his spirit actually dwells within you. If, then, the spirit dwells within you, you are no longer bondslaves of the flesh but free and liberated sons of the spirit. The new law of the spirit endows you with the liberty of self-mastery in place of the old law of the fear of self-bondage and the slavery of self-denial.

(1609.6) 143:2.5 “Many times, when you have done evil, you have thought to charge up your acts to the influence of the evil one when in reality you have but been led astray by your own natural tendencies. Did not the Prophet Jeremiah long ago tell you that the human heart is deceitful above all things and sometimes even desperately wicked? How easy for you to become self-deceived and thereby fall into foolish fears, divers lusts, enslaving pleasures, malice, envy, and even vengeful hatred!

(1610.1) 143:2.6 “Salvation is by the regeneration of the spirit and not by the self-righteous deeds of the flesh. You are justified by faith and fellowshipped by grace, not by fear and the self-denial of the flesh, albeit the Father’s children who have been born of the spirit are ever and always masters of the self and all that pertains to the desires of the flesh. When you know that you are saved by faith, you have real peace with God. And all who follow in the way of this heavenly peace are destined to be sanctified to the eternal service of the ever-advancing sons of the eternal God. Henceforth, it is not a duty but rather your exalted privilege to cleanse yourselves from all evils of mind and body while you seek for perfection in the love of God.

(1610.2) 143:2.7 “Your sonship is grounded in faith, and you are to remain unmoved by fear. Your joy is born of trust in the divine word, and you shall not therefore be led to doubt the reality of the Father’s love and mercy. It is the very goodness of God that leads men into true and genuine repentance. Your secret of the mastery of self is bound up with your faith in the indwelling spirit, which ever works by love. Even this saving faith you have not of yourselves; it also is the gift of God. And if you are the children of this living faith, you are no longer the bondslaves of self but rather the triumphant masters of yourselves, the liberated sons of God.

(1610.3) 143:2.8 “If, then, my children, you are born of the spirit, you are forever delivered from the self-conscious bondage of a life of self-denial and watchcare over the desires of the flesh, and you are translated into the joyous kingdom of the spirit, whence you spontaneously show forth the fruits of the spirit in your daily lives; and the fruits of the spirit are the essence of the highest type of enjoyable and ennobling self-control, even the heights of terrestrial mortal attainment — true self-mastery.”

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
truth

truth

Believing the fictitious Urantia papers doesn't make them Truth. They are mere half-truths mingled with lies which makes them whole lies.

One can choose to believe anything or not, while it may or may not have some element or principle of truth in it. This goes for statements in the UB or any other religious work. Truth is truth wherever it can be found. - those interested in pursuing 'truth' will endeavor to make time for its discovery.

pj

Aimiel

Correct! :thumb:

Those who pursue Jesus shall find Him:

Jeremiah 29:13
And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

John 10:5
And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

That's why you should run from Jebus (the god who speaks through the Urantia Book): because he is a STRANGER!!!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Still missing the mark......

Still missing the mark......

That's why you should run from Jebus (the god who speaks through the Urantia Book): because he is a STRANGER!!!

Since the inception of this thread, I have yet to see proof of a 'Jebus' or a strange 'God' that you speak of, since the UB proclaims the same 'Jesus' of history and an even more impressive cosmically expanded revelation of the nature of 'God'. I've shared the first 5 papers in audio-video format for anyone's enlightenment. Of course you have to first read and learn what the UB teaches, in order to make a proper and respectable estimation of such.

pj

Aimiel

Since the inception of this thread, I have yet to see proof of a 'Jebus' or a strange 'God' that you speak of...
There is none so blind as those who will not see.
... the UB proclaims the same 'Jesus' of history
If it did I would have no problem with it.
...and an even more impressive cosmically expanded revelation of the nature of 'God'.
But the 'even more impressive' actually means: it isn't about the Jesus of Scripture, it is a demon giving false information, ergo: false god (Jebus). If you're still having trouble, your local Home Depot is having a sale on clues all this week. :rotfl:
I've shared the first 5 papers in audio-video format for anyone's enlightenment.
That which is darkness cannot bring light, only more darkness.

But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we. For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

The facts are clear: the UB is not from above, it is from beneath.
Of course you have to first read and learn what the UB teaches, in order to make a proper and respectable estimation of such.
When training tellers or other employees who handle cash a lot, no one teaches them how to recognize counterfeit currency by showing them counterfeits. If one knows the real thing: no counterfeit can fool you. Those of us who know and love The Lord don't follow the voice of strangers because we recognize counterfeits, due to knowing The Only Living God. Again, as I said before, if you don't want to see these truths, you can't. If you wish to remain in the darkness that has you ensnared, it's your choice.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
engaging an actual dialogue......

engaging an actual dialogue......

There is none so blind as those who will not see.If it did I would have no problem with it.But the 'even more impressive' actually means: it isn't about the Jesus of Scripture, it is a demon giving false information, ergo: false god (Jebus). If you're still having trouble, your local Home Depot is having a sale on clues all this week. :rotfl:That which is darkness cannot bring light, only more darkness.

But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we. For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

The facts are clear: the UB is not from above, it is from beneath.When training tellers or other employees who handle cash a lot, no one teaches them how to recognize counterfeit currency by showing them counterfeits. If one knows the real thing: no counterfeit can fool you. Those of us who know and love The Lord don't follow the voice of strangers because we recognize counterfeits, due to knowing The Only Living God. Again, as I said before, if you don't want to see these truths, you can't. If you wish to remain in the darkness that has you ensnared, it's your choice.

Readers can follow our dialogue from the beginning,....its the same ole treadmill with you, which presents a 'stalemate' in advancing any real discussion here. To engage the large tome of the Urantia Papers requires at least a basic understading/knowledge of the essential teaching and significant doctrinal points and subjects related in the papers. The information speaks for itself, on many different levels and dimensions.

Besides information shared in the thread already, there are Introductory articles for conservative Christians here, exploring similarities and differences with traditional Christian theology.

If any have particular points regarding the UB's theology they'd like to discuss/debate instead of the usual disparaging remarks of ridicule, presumption, demonizing the work, marginalizing the subject, trolling, drive-by pot shots and other buffoonery,...an intelligence discussion could actually be had. The information is free, the researcher is allowed to think for himself.

For reminder: I'm not a UB fundamentalist at all, since those who know me know I'm an 'eclecticist' (liberal spiritualist-gnostic-theosophist-universalist drawing from many different schools and religious traditions, since 'truth' is universal), although in some dimensions I can be a skeptical-agnostic and am not afraid to admit I don't know, since there is a realm of 'knowing' and a realm of 'unknowing' which have an interesting inter-play in this dimension of duality, although behind the entire phenomena of existence, there ever abides the One non-dual reality, which is the heart of all, which is infinite and beyond description, beyond words, beyond space or time.

pj

Aimiel

Readers can follow our dialogue from the beginning,....its the same ole treadmill with you, which presents a 'stalemate' in advancing any real discussion here.
Seems like you're stuck in the same old hamster-wheel, and trying to make it look like I am not understanding you. I do. You're the one who ignores the Truths of Scripture for fables brought to you from hell.
To engage the large tome of the Urantia Papers requires at least a basic understading/knowledge of the essential teaching and significant doctrinal points and subjects related in the papers.
As I've told you: those who know the real won't fall for the counterfeit. UB is phony. Scripture is Truth.
The information speaks for itself, on many different levels and dimensions.
All of them below the earth.
Besides information shared in the thread already, there are Introductory articles for conservative Christians, exploring similarities and differences with traditional Christian theology.
The similarities are: Jebus calling himself Jesus... the differences are: Night vs. Day.
If any have particular points regarding the UB's theology they'd like to discuss/debate instead of the usual disparaging remarks of ridicule, presumption, demonizing the work, marginalizing the subject, trolling, drive-by pot shots and other buffoonery,...an intelligence discussion could actually be had. The information is free, the researcher is allowed to think for himself.
Same goes for The Holy Scriptures. :thumb:

Uh... buffoonery... is that a word? :confused:

John Mortimer

We would add to the bold above, that such is true, as a sincere seeker of truth is always OPEN to have his own convinctions, opinions and beliefs continually 'tested' to the approval of the Spirit, which is always illumining and perfecting our insight, understanding and comprehension of religious/philosophical matters.

Truth has nothing whatsoever to fear....since it is grounded in love.

pj

Great post - and the ramifications of this are immense! For example, are we willing to recognize fear within ourselves? Especially as it relates to what we conceive as "ultimate questions and answers".

How is truth grounded in love? Would you agree that the concept of love arises from a desire to see conscious being continue? If so, "truth" would mean understanding the nature of conscious being. As I understand it, conscious being arises and subsides within the awareness of the same.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
truth empowers.......

truth empowers.......

Great post - and the ramifications of this are immense! For example, are we willing to recognize fear within ourselves? Especially as it relates to what we conceive as "ultimate questions and answers".

Hi John,

If we are honest, we must be brazenly open and vulnerable to reality, especially when facing the 'ultimate questions' of life, recognizing that we see thru a glass darkly, our perceptions mirrored, reflected and distorted thru so many appearances and images. While the 'pure awareness' behind the mind's perception may be unstained in its original essence, the illusion (maya) of the senses distorts the light, translating it into so many projections as its 'creative play', until it gathers its pure knowledge back into itself, and returns 'home'.

How is truth grounded in love?

Intuitively I assume it, since at the heart of all there seems to be that prior reality from which any concept of it arises, so the eternal and infinite is first and foremost the 'mother' of all. Love gives birth, nurtures, generates, enables, empowers, begets...so that creation itself...is her 'production'. In this light, we honor/reverence the Divine Mother.

Would you agree that the concept of love arises from a desire to see conscious being continue?

Definitely,....the UB holds the eternal progression and evolution of souls as its major theme for mortals, who are given the wondrous opportunity to assume and become one with that divine essence and pre-personal spirit-presence (the Thought-Adjuster) within, therefore 'putting on immortality',....sealing their 'eternal survival' as a 'finaliter' in the coming ages of future eternity. We can only imagine what life will be like as an 'immortalized' being continuing on in whatever service the higher powers lay before us, we being co-creators in the divine plan.

If so, "truth" would mean understanding the nature of conscious being. As I understand it, conscious being arises and subsides within the awareness of the same.

Metaphysically speaking yes,...yet the papers expound upon the intricate and complex inter-relations of soul & spirit with all the other enjoining forces within and about us, coordinating along the personal and cosmic path of evolutionary progress and perfection-attainment.

Love is truly at the heart of all, since life's very essence originates from a principled source which is lawful unto itself, whose will expresses as 'creation' and all its movements. While the Spirit-essence of divinity is love itself, that 'love' is revealed and expressed in the context of 'relationship', hence creation is the 'heart', 'spirit' the vital-energy, consciousness the 'light'.

The matterial realm of space-time is the network, web, matrix where love adventures, risks and faces the challenges of adversity, duality, change, disintegration, all the apparent handicaps and trials of mortality. In the greater context however, all is happening due to mechanisms within the cosmos itself, which are lawful, fulfilling themselves accordingly, ever still within the ultimate sovereignty of the Infinite. All is ever in reality ultimately serving the Supreme Being, the One that originates, upholds, guides, governs the laws operative behind All That Is. We relate to this first and original Personality as the 'Universal Father'. - by nature and creative law,...'Deity' is also our 'Mother'.....our 'Father-Mother-God'.

pj

Status
Not open for further replies.