The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Another example of ordinary events that grew into miraculous legends was the demons drowning in pigs.

(1695.3) 151:5.7 It was late in the evening when Jesus and his associates reached the shore, and since it was a calm and beautiful night, they all rested in the boats, not going ashore until shortly after sunrise the next morning. When they were gathered together, about forty in all, Jesus said: “Let us go up into yonder hills and tarry for a few days while we ponder over the problems of the Father’s kingdom.”

6. The Kheresa Lunatic

(1695.4) 151:6.1 Although most of the near-by eastern shore of the lake sloped up gently to the highlands beyond, at this particular spot there was a steep hillside, the shore in some places dropping sheer down into the lake. Pointing up to the side of the near-by hill, Jesus said: “Let us go up on this hillside for our breakfast and under some of the shelters rest and talk.”

(1695.5) 151:6.2 This entire hillside was covered with caverns which had been hewn out of the rock. Many of these niches were ancient sepulchres. About halfway up the hillside on a small, relatively level spot was the cemetery of the little village of Kheresa. As Jesus and his associates passed near this burial ground, a lunatic who lived in these hillside caverns rushed up to them. This demented man was well known about these parts, having onetime been bound with fetters and chains and confined in one of the grottoes. Long since he had broken his shackles and now roamed at will among the tombs and abandoned sepulchres.*

(1696.1) 151:6.3 This man, whose name was Amos, was afflicted with a periodic form of insanity. There were considerable spells when he would find some clothing and deport himself fairly well among his fellows. During one of these lucid intervals he had gone over to Bethsaida, where he heard the preaching of Jesus and the apostles, and at that time had become a halfhearted believer in the gospel of the kingdom. But soon a stormy phase of his trouble appeared, and he fled to the tombs, where he moaned, cried out aloud, and so conducted himself as to terrorize all who chanced to meet him.

(1696.2) 151:6.4 When Amos recognized Jesus, he fell down at his feet and exclaimed: “I know you, Jesus, but I am possessed of many devils, and I beseech that you will not torment me.” This man truly believed that his periodic mental affliction was due to the fact that, at such times, evil or unclean spirits entered into him and dominated his mind and body. His troubles were mostly emotional — his brain was not grossly diseased.

(1696.3) 151:6.5 Jesus, looking down upon the man crouching like an animal at his feet, reached down and, taking him by the hand, stood him up and said to him: “Amos, you are not possessed of a devil; you have already heard the good news that you are a son of God. I command you to come out of this spell.” And when Amos heard Jesus speak these words, there occurred such a transformation in his intellect that he was immediately restored to his right mind and the normal control of his emotions. By this time a considerable crowd had assembled from the near-by village, and these people, augmented by the swine herders from the highland above them, were astonished to see the lunatic sitting with Jesus and his followers, in possession of his right mind and freely conversing with them.

(1696.4) 151:6.6 As the swine herders rushed into the village to spread the news of the taming of the lunatic, the dogs charged upon a small and untended herd of about thirty swine and drove most of them over a precipice into the sea. And it was this incidental occurrence, in connection with the presence of Jesus and the supposed miraculous curing of the lunatic, that gave origin to the legend that Jesus had cured Amos by casting a legion of devils out of him, and that these devils had entered into the herd of swine, causing them forthwith to rush headlong to their destruction in the sea below. Before the day was over, this episode was published abroad by the swine tenders, and the whole village believed it. Amos most certainly believed this story; he saw the swine tumbling over the brow of the hill shortly after his troubled mind had quieted down, and he always believed that they carried with them the very evil spirits which had so long tormented and afflicted him. And this had a good deal to do with the permanency of his cure. It is equally true that all of Jesus’ apostles (save Thomas) believed that the episode of the swine was directly connected with the cure of Amos.

(1696.5) 151:6.7 Jesus did not obtain the rest he was looking for. Most of that day he was thronged by those who came in response to the word that Amos had been cured, and who were attracted by the story that the demons had gone out of the lunatic into the herd of swine. And so, after only one night of rest, early Tuesday morning Jesus and his friends were awakened by a delegation of these swine-raising gentiles who had come to urge that he depart from their midst. Said their spokesman to Peter and Andrew: “Fishermen of Galilee, depart from us and take your prophet with you. We know he is a holy man, but the gods of our country do not know him, and we stand in danger of losing many swine. The fear of you has descended upon us, so that we pray you to go hence.” And when Jesus heard them, he said to Andrew, “Let us return to our place.”

(1697.1) 151:6.8 As they were about to depart, Amos besought Jesus to permit him to go back with them, but the Master would not consent. Said Jesus to Amos: “Forget not that you are a son of God. Return to your own people and show them what great things God has done for you.” And Amos went about publishing that Jesus had cast a legion of devils out of his troubled soul, and that these evil spirits had entered into a herd of swine, driving them to quick destruction. And he did not stop until he had gone into all the cities of the Decapolis, declaring what great things Jesus had done for him.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
There you go. Same ole ridicule and banter (stuck on 'repeat').

The 'response' only supports my propositions, since you cannot (or don't want to) answer the questions. However, from my POV,...this is hardly about who is right or wrong, a position often taken by more fanatical religionists or exclusivists since as an 'expounder', I AM 'consciousness' itself enjoying the play of mind, its associations and relations (articulating, exploring and relating various concepts)...which in the realm of 'theology' is multifarious. I could equally drop all concepts NOW....and reality itself would remain AS IT IS. Remember about 'conceptual frames' shared earlier here. All 'truth' in the associated realm of language, interpreted in space-time by conditional minds in any given limited dimension or 'space-context' will be 'relative' to the perception-capacity and modifying factors that affect 'perception' from that particular point of view. Hence the revelators in this instant give us something true to consider (as it relates), seeing the greater dimensional over-lay of the totality of reality.

pj

Freelight, recall why the trolls provoke a reaction:

(1725.4) 155:1.3 “(1725.4) 155:1.3 Jesus continued to teach the twenty-four, saying: “The heathen are not without excuse when they rage at us. Because their outlook is small and narrow, they are able to concentrate their energies enthusiastically. Their goal is near and more or less visible; wherefore do they strive with valiant and effective execution. You who have professed entrance into the kingdom of heaven are altogether too vacillating and indefinite in your teaching conduct. The heathen strike directly for their objectives; you are guilty of too much chronic yearning. If you desire to enter the kingdom, why do you not take it by spiritual assault even as the heathen take a city they lay siege to? You are hardly worthy of the kingdom when your service consists so largely in an attitude of regretting the past, whining over the present, and vainly hoping for the future. Why do the heathen rage? Because they know not the truth. Why do you languish in futile yearning? Because you obey not the truth. Cease your useless yearning and go forth bravely doing that which concerns the establishment of the kingdom."

Caino

BANNED
Banned
(1135.3) 103:6.1 Theology is the study of the actions and reactions of the human spirit; it can never become a science since it must always be combined more or less with psychology in its personal expression and with philosophy in its systematic portrayal. Theology is always the study of your religion; the study of another’s religion is psychology.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Cheerleading for one's own team, does not necessarily make that team 'right' or 'good', being a biased praised. Tooting your own horn.....is well,....just tooting your own horn. One has to be careful though, lest they get mesmerized by such a tune and take if for 'divine'.

:idea: Better yet, is waking up to the greater reality that is 'all-inclusive',....and all transcending.

pj

Whoa! I feel better already! I think it was your tone that did it?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
~*~*~

Continuing the audio-video series from the last one here,....we share Paper 12 on The Universe of universes -

1. Space Levels of the Master Universe
2. The Domains of the Unqualified Absolute
3. Universal Gravity
4. Space and Motion
5. Space and Time
6. Universal Overcontrol
7. The Part and the Whole
8. Matter, Mind, and Spirit
9. Personal Realities

pj

What about little green men with laser rays as weapons? And, don't
forget the, "Gray's?" By the way, Gort told me to say hi!!

Aimiel

Another example of ordinary events that grew into miraculous legends was the demons drowning in pigs.
Once again the UB calls Scripture a lie. I'm not surprised, since the demons were cast out of a man by Jesus and then the new hosts they had found were drowned. It was probably a bruise to their ego.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Jusus:

(1726.1) 155:1.4 “In all that you do, become not one-sided and overspecialized. The Pharisees who seek our destruction verily think they are doing God’s service. They have become so narrowed by tradition that they are blinded by prejudice and hardened by fear. Consider the Greeks, who have a science without religion, while the Jews have a religion without science. And when men become thus misled into accepting a narrow and confused disintegration of truth, their only hope of salvation is to become truth-co-ordinated — converted.

=
=

(1727.3) 155:3.3 The apostles learned that the Jews were spiritually stagnant and dying because they had crystallized truth into a creed; that when truth becomes formulated as a boundary line of self-righteous exclusiveness instead of serving as signposts of spiritual guidance and progress, such teachings lose their creative and life-giving power and ultimately become merely preservative and fossilizing.

(1727.4) 155:3.4 Increasingly they learned from Jesus to look upon human personalities in terms of their possibilities in time and in eternity. They learned that many souls can best be led to love the unseen God by being first taught to love their brethren whom they can see. And it was in this connection that new meaning became attached to the Master’s pronouncement concerning unselfish service for one’s fellows: “Inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of my brethren, you did it to me.”

Caino

BANNED
Banned
God the Son, Urantia Book

God the Son, Urantia Book

......"we regard as a miracle"

The Incarnation — Making Two One

(1331.1) 120:4.1 "And so certain unworthy children of Michael, who had accused their Creator-father of selfishly seeking rulership and indulged the insinuation that the Creator Son was arbitrarily and autocratically upheld in power by virtue of the unreasoning loyalty of a deluded universe of subservient creatures, were to be silenced forever and left confounded and disillusioned by the life of self-forgetful service which the Son of God now entered upon as the Son of Man — all the while subject to “the will of the Paradise Father.”

(1331.2) 120:4.2 But make no mistake; Christ Michael, while truly a dual-origin being, was not a double personality. He was not God in association with man but, rather, God incarnate in man. And he was always just that combined being. The only progressive factor in such a nonunderstandable relationship was the progressive self-conscious realization and recognition (by the human mind) of this fact of being God and man.

(1331.3) 120:4.3 Christ Michael did not progressively become God. God did not, at some vital moment in the earth life of Jesus, become man. Jesus was God and man — always and even forevermore. And this God and this man were, and now are, one, even as the Paradise Trinity of three beings is in reality one Deity.

(1331.4) 120:4.4 Never lose sight of the fact that the supreme spiritual purpose of the Michael bestowal was to enhance the revelation of God.

(1331.5) 120:4.5 Urantia mortals have varying concepts of the miraculous, but to us who live as citizens of the local universe there are few miracles, and of these by far the most intriguing are the incarnational bestowals of the Paradise Sons. The appearance in and on your world, by apparently natural processes, of a divine Son, we regard as a miracle — the operation of universal laws beyond our understanding. Jesus of Nazareth was a miraculous person.

(1331.6) 120:4.6 In and through all this extraordinary experience, God the Father chose to manifest himself as he always does — in the usual way — in the normal, natural, and dependable way of divine acting.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The Destruction of Jerusalem
(1912.3)

176:1.1 In answering Nathaniel’s question, Jesus said: “Yes, I will tell you about the times when this people shall have filled up the cup of their iniquity; when justice shall swiftly descend upon this city of our fathers. I am about to leave you; I go to the Father. After I leave you, take heed that no man deceive you, for many will come as deliverers and will lead many astray. When you hear of wars and rumors of wars, be not troubled, for though all these things will happen, the end of Jerusalem is not yet at hand. You should not be perturbed by famines or earthquakes; neither should you be concerned when you are delivered up to the civil authorities and are persecuted for the sake of the gospel. You will be thrown out of the synagogue and put in prison for my sake, and some of you will be killed. When you are brought up before governors and rulers, it shall be for a testimony of your faith and to show your steadfastness in the gospel of the kingdom. And when you stand before judges, be not anxious beforehand as to what you should say, for the spirit will teach you in that very hour what you should answer your adversaries. In these days of travail, even your own kinsfolk, under the leadership of those who have rejected the Son of Man, will deliver you up to prison and death. For a time you may be hated by all men for my sake, but even in these persecutions I will not forsake you; my spirit will not desert you. Be patient! doubt not that this gospel of the kingdom will triumph over all enemies and, eventually, be proclaimed to all nations.”

=
=
=
(1913.3) 176:1.4 Then Andrew inquired: “But, Master, if the Holy City and the temple are to be destroyed, and if you are not here to direct us, when should we forsake Jerusalem?” Said Jesus: “You may remain in the city after I have gone, even through these times of travail and bitter persecution, but when you finally see Jerusalem being encompassed by the Roman armies after the revolt of the false prophets, then will you know that her desolation is at hand; then must you flee to the mountains. Let none who are in the city and around about tarry to save aught, neither let those who are outside dare to enter therein. There will be great tribulation, for these will be the days of gentile vengeance. And after you have deserted the city, this disobedient people will fall by the edge of the sword and will be led captive into all nations; and so shall Jerusalem be trodden down by the gentiles. In the meantime, I warn you, be not deceived. If any man comes to you, saying, ‘Behold, here is the Deliverer,’ or ‘Behold, there is he,’ believe it not, for many false teachers will arise and many will be led astray; but you should not be deceived, for I have told you all this beforehand.”

=
=
=
(1913.5) 176:1.6 Even after this explicit warning, many of Jesus’ followers interpreted these predictions as referring to the changes which would obviously occur in Jerusalem when the reappearing of the Messiah would result in the establishment of the New Jerusalem and in the enlargement of the city to become the world’s capital. In their minds these Jews were determined to connect the destruction of the temple with the “end of the world.” They believed this New Jerusalem would fill all Palestine; that the end of the world would be followed by the immediate appearance of the “new heavens and the new earth.” And so it was not strange that Peter should say: “Master, we know that all things will pass away when the new heavens and the new earth appear, but how shall we know when you will return to bring all this about?”

(1914.1) 176:1.7 When Jesus heard this, he was thoughtful for some time and then said: “You ever err since you always try to attach the new teaching to the old; you are determined to misunderstand all my teaching; you insist on interpreting the gospel in accordance with your established beliefs. Nevertheless, I will try to enlighten you.”

=
=
=

Caino

BANNED
Banned
(1915.1) 176:2.4 “You behold me now in weakness and in the flesh, but when I return, it shall be with power and in the spirit. The eye of flesh beholds the Son of Man in the flesh, but only the eye of the spirit will behold the Son of Man glorified by the Father and appearing on earth in his own name.

(1915.2) 176:2.5 “But the times of the reappearing of the Son of Man are known only in the councils of Paradise; not even the angels of heaven know when this will occur. However, you should understand that, when this gospel of the kingdom shall have been proclaimed to all the world for the salvation of all peoples, and when the fullness of the age has come to pass, the Father will send you another dispensational bestowal, or else the Son of Man will return to adjudge the age.

(1915.3) 176:2.6 “And now concerning the travail of Jerusalem, about which I have spoken to you, even this generation will not pass away until my words are fulfilled; but concerning the times of the coming again of the Son of Man, no one in heaven or on earth may presume to speak. But you should be wise regarding the ripening of an age; you should be alert to discern the signs of the times. You know when the fig tree shows its tender branches and puts forth its leaves that summer is near. Likewise, when the world has passed through the long winter of material-mindedness and you discern the coming of the spiritual springtime of a new dispensation, should you know that the summertime of a new visitation draws near.

(1915.4) 176:2.7 “But what is the significance of this teaching having to do with the coming of the Sons of God? Do you not perceive that, when each of you is called to lay down his life struggle and pass through the portal of death, you stand in the immediate presence of judgment, and that you are face to face with the facts of a new dispensation of service in the eternal plan of the infinite Father? What the whole world must face as a literal fact at the end of an age, you, as individuals, must each most certainly face as a personal experience when you reach the end of your natural life and thereby pass on to be confronted with the conditions and demands inherent in the next revelation of the eternal progression of the Father’s kingdom.”

(1915.5) 176:2.8 Of all the discourses which the Master gave his apostles, none ever became so confused in their minds as this one, given this Tuesday evening on the Mount of Olives, regarding the twofold subject of the destruction of Jerusalem and his own second coming. There was, therefore, little agreement between the subsequent written accounts based on the memories of what the Master said on this extraordinary occasion. Consequently, when the records were left blank concerning much that was said that Tuesday evening, there grew up many traditions; and very early in the second century a Jewish apocalyptic about the Messiah written by one Selta, who was attached to the court of the Emperor Caligula, was bodily copied into the Matthew Gospel and subsequently added (in part) to the Mark and Luke records. It was in these writings of Selta that the parable of the ten virgins appeared. No part of the gospel record ever suffered such confusing misconstruction as this evening’s teaching. But the Apostle John never became thus confused.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
"The real universe is friendly to every child of the eternal God."
The Urantia Book, (1477.3) 133:5.8

Aimiel

Whose Jebus?
The false god described in the UB. It claims to be the words of Jesus, Who is Christ, but the words in the UB have nothing to do with Jesus.

And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying I am Christ; and shall deceive many. And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows.

This is merely the beginning of sorrows. We haven't even hit the stride yet, of what the enemy will do as he realizes his time is drawing to an end. This thing is heating up. The more I read of the UB the more I realize just how evil it is.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Beyond 'names'.....................

Beyond 'names'.....................

Who is Jusus?

Really now,....I'd gather you'd have enough intelligence to recognize that was probably a 'typo'.

As far as Jesus, Jebus, Jusus, JooJoo, Yahshooah or any variation of that name goes, if we assume this character to be a no longer incarnated 'historical' person, that 'person' (as far as we know) only exists relative to the data, heresay, traditions and legends built (assumed/collected) around that personage. Therefore your 'version' or 'tradition' about Jesus may not be the only one existing, neither the only correct or true one existing, granted varying factors that condition or modify such a 'qualification', let alone the epistemological issues that might play into determining what is 'true' or 'false' in any given context.

So,.....you have a 'concept' or 'belief' about 'Jesus'....amid other 'concepts' and 'beliefs' about same 'personage'. Your tugboat is in the same pond of so many other ships of various forms and 'decor' bobbing around in the water.

The teachings that are consonant with spiritual wisdom, light and truth are those that have value and meaning, in whatever 'vehicle' or 'tradition' those might be found. That's what is essential, beyond dogmatic or exclusive claims of one 'vehicle' being more 'true' (orthodox) than another. Truth that prevails has its roots in what is eternal. The laws of 'God', include natural and psychic principles as well, every law existing, since 'God' is their source.

pj

Aimiel

2 Peter 1:16
For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

The Truths revealed in The Holy Scriptures speak for themselves. We see Truth in The Bible. There is no truth in the fables the Urantia papers represent. The half-truths found there when mingled with the little white lies invented by the demonic authors equate to whole lies. Obviously the deception is designed to denigrate and denounce The Holy Scriptures and make them a sham. It doesn't work. Men have been trying to bring God's Word down to nothing since the words were written and not one Word that God has said has yet fallen to the ground. His Word is more than good, It is perfect. It will stand for eternity. The Urantia fiction simply falls directly into the gutter where it belongs.

One might do well to read the book: "Testimony of the Evangelists," by Dr. Simon Greenleaf, who was one of the founders of Harvard Law School and considered the world's foremost authority on evidence in jurisprudence. He was a devout atheist who set out to disprove Scripture by weighing the evidence found in the four Gospels. He not only found that the words were Truth but he came to believe that Jesus is not only his Lord but also God, Almighty. He was convinced by the evidence he found and gives a treatise on how he came to this conclusion in his book. There's a brief summary found here: http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/jesus/greenleaf.html

The entire book is available for free on Kindle:
http://www.amazon.com/Examination-T...&sr=8-2&keywords=testimony+of+the+evangelists

Caino

BANNED
Banned
..........960,000 years before the arrival of Adam & Eve

The Urantia Book

Paper 62

The Dawn Races of Early Man

(703.1) 62:0.1 "ABOUT one million years ago the immediate ancestors of mankind made their appearance by three successive and sudden mutations stemming from early stock of the lemur type of placental mammal. The dominant factors of these early lemurs were derived from the western or later American group of the evolving life plasm. But before establishing the direct line of human ancestry, this strain was reinforced by contributions from the central life implantation evolved in Africa. The eastern life group contributed little or nothing to the actual production of the human species."

http://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-standardized/paper-62-dawn-races-early-man

Paper 63

The First Human Family

(711.1) 63:0.1 URANTIA was registered as an inhabited world when the first two human beings — the twins — were eleven years old, and before they had become the parents of the first-born of the second generation of actual human beings. And the archangel message from Salvington, on this occasion of formal planetary recognition, closed with these words:

(711.2) 63:0.2 “Man-mind has appeared on 606 of Satania, and these parents of the new race shall be called Andon and Fonta. And all archangels pray that these creatures may speedily be endowed with the personal indwelling of the gift of the spirit of the Universal Father.”

(711.3) 63:0.3 "Andon is the Nebadon name which signifies “the first Fatherlike creature to exhibit human perfection hunger.” Fonta signifies “the first Sonlike creature to exhibit human perfection hunger.” Andon and Fonta never knew these names until they were bestowed upon them at the time of fusion with their Thought Adjusters. Throughout their mortal sojourn on Urantia they called each other Sonta-an and Sonta-en, Sonta-an meaning “loved by mother,” Sonta-en signifying “loved by father.” They gave themselves these names, and the meanings are significant of their mutual regard and affection."

http://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-standardized/paper-63-first-human-family

Paper 79

Andite Expansion in the Orient

(878.1) 79:0.1 ASIA is the homeland of the human race. It was on a southern peninsula of this continent that Andon and Fonta were born; in the highlands of what is now Afghanistan, their descendant Badonan founded a primitive center of culture that persisted for over one-half million years. Here at this eastern focus of the human race the Sangik peoples differentiated from the Andonic stock, and Asia was their first home, their first hunting ground, their first battlefield. Southwestern Asia witnessed the successive civilizations of Dalamatians, Nodites, Adamites, and Andites, and from these regions the potentials of modern civilization spread to the world.

http://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-standardized/paper-79-andite-expansion-in-orient?term=Afghanistan#search-jump-result-0

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.