The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Jesus referred to the ruling elite priest class in Jerusalem as "false guides of a nation." They can be likened to present day entrenched politicians who don't like change from the old traditions. They were annoyed by the challenge to their authority, to their very lucrative temple exchange system and taxation, not to mention an ill-conceived racial pride.

(1908.4) 175:1.20 “Woe upon you, false guides of a nation! Over yonder have you built a monument to the martyred prophets of old, while you plot to destroy Him of whom they spoke. You garnish the tombs of the righteous and flatter yourselves that, had you lived in the days of your fathers, you would not have killed the prophets; and then in the face of such self-righteous thinking you make ready to slay him of whom the prophets spoke, the Son of Man. Inasmuch as you do these things, are you witness to yourselves that you are the wicked sons of them who slew the prophets. Go on, then, and fill up the cup of your condemnation to the full!​

Zeke

Some "unbelievers" see contradictions in the Bible! The problem is,
the Bible must be rightly divided! There are no true contradictions!
The Bible is a Spiritual book, and in order to understand, and have
faith in its truths, one needs the Holy Spirit in ones life! You're
not a 'true believer' therefore, you see contradictions, and error in
the Bible!

Yet you deny it's spiritual application over the literal version which kills the spirits life giving truth, instead your desire sacrifice instead of mercy.

Luke 17:20-21, until you grasp the truth of this divisional truth your just a divider of the letter, only two divisions, one you can read the other you listen to.

Zeke

That's what the Jews did, the OT didn't have a Son of God incarnate in the flesh. So they also hid behind the "scripture" in rejecting Jesus. Same stuff, different day.

We all have our programming to deal with, though we may not see Jesus in the same way, the teaching expressed toward the inner kingdom is our link we share common ground on, Prior to that inward trek we where all Jews outwardly.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yet you deny it's spiritual application over the literal version which kills the spirits life giving truth, instead your desire sacrifice instead of mercy.

Luke 17:20-21, until you grasp the truth of this divisional truth your just a divider of the letter, only two divisions, one you can read the other you listen to.

If you were a "true believer" I'd more than likely
know what you just said! But, as it is......

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Where did life on earth come from? How does life begin on an evolutionary world?

3. Life Transplantation​

(399.3) 36:3.1 Life does not spontaneously appear in the universes; the Life Carriers must initiate it on the barren planets. They are the carriers, disseminators, and guardians of life as it appears on the evolutionary worlds of space. All life of the order and forms known on Urantia arises with these Sons, though not all forms of planetary life are existent on Urantia.

(399.4) 36:3.2 The corps of Life Carriers commissioned to plant life upon a new world usually consists of one hundred senior carriers, one hundred assistants, and one thousand custodians. The Life Carriers often carry actual life plasm to a new world, but not always. They sometimes organize the life patterns after arriving on the planet of assignment in accordance with formulas previously approved for a new adventure in life establishment. Such was the origin of the planetary life of Urantia.

(399.5) 36:3.3 When, in accordance with approved formulas, the physical patterns have been provided, then do the Life Carriers catalyze this lifeless material, imparting through their persons the vital spirit spark; and forthwith do the inert patterns become living matter.

(399.6) 36:3.4 The vital spark — the mystery of life — is bestowed through the Life Carriers, not by them. They do indeed supervise such transactions, they formulate the life plasm itself, but it is the Universe Mother Spirit who supplies the essential factor of the living plasm. From the Creative Daughter of the Infinite Spirit comes that energy spark which enlivens the body and presages the mind.

(399.7) 36:3.5 In the bestowal of life the Life Carriers transmit nothing of their personal natures, not even on those spheres where new orders of life are projected. At such times they simply initiate and transmit the spark of life, start the required revolutions of matter in accordance with the physical, chemical, and electrical specifications of the ordained plans and patterns. Life Carriers are living catalytic presences which agitate, organize, and vitalize the otherwise inert elements of the material order of existence.

(400.1) 36:3.6 The Life Carriers of a planetary corps are given a certain period in which to establish life on a new world, approximately one-half million years of the time of that planet. At the termination of this period, indicated by certain developmental attainments of the planetary life, they cease implantation efforts, and they may not subsequently add anything new or supplemental to the life of that planet.*

(400.2) 36:3.7 During the ages intervening between life establishment and the emergence of human creatures of moral status, the Life Carriers are permitted to manipulate the life environment and otherwise favorably directionize the course of biologic evolution. And this they do for long periods of time.

(400.3) 36:3.8 When the Life Carriers operating on a new world have once succeeded in producing a being with will, with the power of moral decision and spiritual choice, then and there their work terminates — they are through; they may manipulate the evolving life no further. From this point forward the evolution of living things must proceed in accordance with the endowment of the inherent nature and tendencies which have already been imparted to, and established in, the planetary life formulas and patterns. The Life Carriers are not permitted to experiment or to interfere with will; they are not allowed to dominate or arbitrarily influence moral creatures.

(400.4) 36:3.9 Upon the arrival of a Planetary Prince they prepare to leave, though two of the senior carriers and twelve custodians may volunteer, by taking temporary renunciation vows, to remain indefinitely on the planet as advisers in the matter of the further development and conservation of the life plasm. Two such Sons and their twelve associates are now serving on Urantia.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Where did life on earth come from? How does life begin on an evolutionary world?

3. Life Transplantation​

(399.3) 36:3.1 Life does not spontaneously appear in the universes; the Life Carriers must initiate it on the barren planets. They are the carriers, disseminators, and guardians of life as it appears on the evolutionary worlds of space. All life of the order and forms known on Urantia arises with these Sons, though not all forms of planetary life are existent on Urantia.

And, here all this time we believed, God created humanity! Now,
according to the "urantia book" we find out that, UFO aliens
sprinkled some 'magic cosmic dust' and suddenly life appears!

Whoa, if that don't beat it all? Who would have known? Thanks
Caino for your, uncanny insight! You must be proud? How do
you do it, and still remain so humble? It must be marvelous
to be you?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
That, "Magic cosmic dust" will do it every time! If we ever
run low on inhabitants, we can always sprinkle some of
Caino's MCD (Magic cosmic dust) and we're back in
business!

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Every new revelation has been rejected and persecuted by the "fundamentalists" of the old evolved religions due to fear. Lon may get the thread locked for the simple reason that he cannot debate, but we have appreciated that Knight was cordial and accommodating to this work. Thank you.

Jesus speaks to the defenders of petrified doctrine, consider all the fighting on TOL when reading this:

"The religions of authority can only divide men and set them in conscientious array against each other; the religion of the spirit will progressively draw men together and cause them to become understandingly sympathetic with one another. The religions of authority require of men uniformity in belief, but this is impossible of realization in the present state of the world. The religion of the spirit requires only unity of experience — uniformity of destiny — making full allowance for diversity of belief. The religion of the spirit requires only uniformity of insight, not uniformity of viewpoint and outlook. The religion of the spirit does not demand uniformity of intellectual views, only unity of spirit feeling. The religions of authority crystallize into lifeless creeds; the religion of the spirit grows into the increasing joy and liberty of ennobling deeds of loving service and merciful ministration.

(1732.3) 155:6.10 But watch, lest any of you look with disdain upon the children of Abraham because they have fallen on these evil days of traditional barrenness. Our forefathers gave themselves up to the persistent and passionate search for God, and they found him as no other whole race of men have ever known him since the times of Adam, who knew much of this as he was himself a Son of God. My Father has not failed to mark the long and untiring struggle of Israel, ever since the days of Moses, to find God and to know God. For weary generations the Jews have not ceased to toil, sweat, groan, travail, and endure the sufferings and experience the sorrows of a misunderstood and despised people, all in order that they might come a little nearer the discovery of the truth about God. And, notwithstanding all the failures and falterings of Israel, our fathers progressively, from Moses to the times of Amos and Hosea, did reveal increasingly to the whole world an ever clearer and more truthful picture of the eternal God. And so was the way prepared for the still greater revelation of the Father which you have been called to share.

(1732.4) 155:6.11 Never forget there is only one adventure which is more satisfying and thrilling than the attempt to discover the will of the living God, and that is the supreme experience of honestly trying to do that divine will. And fail not to remember that the will of God can be done in any earthly occupation. Some callings are not holy and others secular. All things are sacred in the lives of those who are spirit led; that is, subordinated to truth, ennobled by love, dominated by mercy, and restrained by fairness — justice. The spirit which my Father and I shall send into the world is not only the Spirit of Truth but also the spirit of idealistic beauty.

(1732.5) 155:6.12 You must cease to seek for the word of God only on the pages of the olden records of theologic authority. Those who are born of the spirit of God shall henceforth discern the word of God regardless of whence it appears to take origin. Divine truth must not be discounted because the channel of its bestowal is apparently human. Many of your brethren have minds which accept the theory of God while they spiritually fail to realize the presence of God. And that is just the reason why I have so often taught you that the kingdom of heaven can best be realized by acquiring the spiritual attitude of a sincere child. It is not the mental immaturity of the child that I commend to you but rather the spiritual simplicity of such an easy-believing and fully-trusting little one. It is not so important that you should know about the fact of God as that you should increasingly grow in the ability to feel the presence of God.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The subject of Religion itself

The subject of Religion itself

~*~*~

Lets draw our attention to the fact that the Urantia Papers treat the subject of 'Religion' itself Here. - Readers can consider these great dissertations on Religion for themselves and discuss them. (remember, we are in the 'Religion' section here on the forum).

New readers to the thread can back-read here as far as they can, since many subjects have been treated already, and resources shared. This thread is for those interested in discussing the papers and their teaching,...respectfully.

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Every new revelation has been rejected and persecuted by the "fundamentalists" of the old evolved religions due to fear.

Believe me, it'a not fear that drives a "true believer" it's
repulsion, and contempt for "false doctrine!" That's the
driving force behind the passion that comes against you,
and others of your kind!

You blasphemy, you deny the truth of inspired Scripture,
and turn a blind eye against logic, and reason! When I was
a kid I read comic books, I didn't fear them!

Reading a portion of the urantia book (as much as I could
stomach) didn't bring forth fear, it just helped me to
realize what a work of "fiction" it truly is! Come on, other
universes, cosmic beings and the sudden materializing of
the book itself? How silly! How old are you anyway? Do
have have your "secret cosmic decoder ring" yet?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
relatable truths........

relatable truths........

Every new revelation has been rejected and persecuted by the "fundamentalists" of the old evolved religions due to fear.

Jesus speaks to the defenders of petrified doctrine, consider all the fighting on TOL when reading this:

"The religions of authority can only divide men and set them in conscientious array against each other; the religion of the spirit will progressively draw men together and cause them to become understandingly sympathetic with one another. The religions of authority require of men uniformity in belief, but this is impossible of realization in the present state of the world. The religion of the spirit requires only unity of experience — uniformity of destiny — making full allowance for diversity of belief. The religion of the spirit requires only uniformity of insight, not uniformity of viewpoint and outlook. The religion of the spirit does not demand uniformity of intellectual views, only unity of spirit feeling. The religions of authority crystallize into lifeless creeds; the religion of the spirit grows into the increasing joy and liberty of ennobling deeds of loving service and merciful ministration.

The spirit and principle holds,..and it is this that is 'essential', which is being overlooked by some of the critics here, who are wilfully ignoring the 'content' of the papers, while building a 'strawman' image of the work to 'counter' and 'attack', which is only a gesture of ignorance. We would remind you that there is ever progressive revelation, which the NT itself is an expression of, since such 'light' is given when men are ready to receive such in the evolutionary unfolding of the soul's epic journey Godward.

Many seem to forget that we are children of One Heavenly Father, and Jesus reveals to us this 'truth',.....which is 'primary' to the gospel message of the kingdom, as revealed in the gospels and newer dispensations of light, such as the UB. These truths are open for all to consider, with no fear or apology.

All goes back to the Universal Father.

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The spirit and principle holds,..and it is this that is 'essential', which is being overlooked by some of the critics here, who are wilfully ignoring the 'content' of the papers, while building a 'strawman' image of the work to 'counter' and 'attack', which is only a gesture of ignorance. We would remind you that there is ever progressive revelation, which the NT itself is an expression of, since such 'light' is given when men are ready to receive such in the evolutionary unfolding of the soul's epic journey Godward.

Many seem to forget that we are children of One Heavenly Father, and Jesus reveals to us this 'truth',.....which is 'primary' to the gospel message of the kingdom, as revealed in the gospels and newer dispensations of light, such as the UB. These truths are open for all to consider, with no fear or apology.

All goes back to the Universal Father.

pj

You are a good teacher Freelight, have you not been called to teach on a more public scale? You have a good way of summarizing and simplifying the truths of the UB.

(1010.4) 92:5.16 "The future of Urantia will doubtless be characterized by the appearance of teachers of religious truth — the Fatherhood of God and the fraternity of all creatures. But it is to be hoped that the ardent and sincere efforts of these future prophets will be directed less toward the strengthening of interreligious barriers and more toward the augmentation of the religious brotherhood of spiritual worship among the many followers of the differing intellectual theologies which so characterize Urantia of Satania."​

Aimiel

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

All the UB has is fables. All Freelight knows are fables. It's not sound doctrine at all. Only The Holy Scriptures teach those.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
God says, 'If I send you to someone to speak to them, and you don't, then it will be on your head. But if I send you, and you speak to them, and they don't believe you, then it shall be upon their heads.' So here goes. This site is so untruthful, that you shall believe in it right out of a place in Heaven. It is all conjecture and lies, with you all believing in aliens, and making up names for them. That's all I have to say, because you do not even fathom the hole you're digging in here. PJ and Caino, I still love you just as much and don't want anything bad to befall you.

God Help You, If He Chooses,

Michael

Caino

BANNED
Banned
God says, 'If I send you to someone to speak to them, and you don't, then it will be on your head. But if I send you, and you speak to them, and they don't believe you, then it shall be upon their heads.' So here goes. This site is so untruthful, that you shall believe in it right out of a place in Heaven. It is all conjecture and lies, with you all believing in aliens, and making up names for them. That's all I have to say, because you do not even fathom the hole you're digging in here. PJ and Caino, I still love you just as much and don't want anything bad to befall you.

God Help You, If He Chooses,

Michael

I often wonder what the apostles went through privately with their own families and friends when they became followers of a local carpenter who called himself a God, Jesus of Nazareth, whose mother was said to have been visited by an "alien" to announce his coming.
Surely they were also warned of all the terrible things that God was planning to do to them based on what they had been taught about Yahweh compared to the conflicting concept of God presented by this carpenter.

The cream of religious authority and theology in Jerusalem also accused Jesus of actually getting his powers from Satan, that he was also in league with demons, that he was a corrupter of the people, a perverter of the law and the traditions of the elders. The more goodness Jesus taught the more they hated him, and Jesus made it clear to his followers that if they hated him they were surely going to hate his followers.

I love God because God is good and infinitely perfect in all of his ways, not because I'm merely afraid of being tortured and punished for not believing an idolatrous book written by holy men.

I don't trust the men of secular government and I don't trust the men of religious government. We all have to contend with the reality that secular government takes the wealth of the nation and redistributes it just like religious authority has taken the spiritual wealth of the world and organized it into various theologies.

There is an inherent safeguard to the fear based belief in torture and punishment on behalf of Gods ignorant children, it keeps them from wondering off into real trouble like Lucifers doctrines of atheism which is preached all over TOL by very real atheist.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

All the UB has is fables. All Freelight knows are fables. It's not sound doctrine at all. Only The Holy Scriptures teach those.

Yep!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I often wonder what the apostles went through privately with their own families and friends when they became followers of a local carpenter who called himself a God, Jesus of Nazareth, whose mother was said to have been visited by an "alien" to announce his coming.

You can hardly compare yourself to the Apostles! They were
following the Lord of Lords, and King of Kings! You, and Freelight
follow a fictional book full of fallacy!

Caino

BANNED
Banned
155:5.10 "And for a long time there will live on earth those timid, fearful, and hesitant individuals who will prefer thus to secure their religious consolations, even though, in so casting their lot with the religions of authority, they compromise the sovereignty of personality, debase the dignity of self-respect, and utterly surrender the right to participate in that most thrilling and inspiring of all possible human experiences: the personal quest for truth, the exhilaration of facing the perils of intellectual discovery, the determination to explore the realities of personal religious experience, the supreme satisfaction of experiencing the personal triumph of the actual realization of the victory of spiritual faith over intellectual doubt as it is honestly won in the supreme adventure of all human existence — man seeking God, for himself and as himself, and finding him."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
155:5.10 "And for a long time there will live on earth those timid, fearful, and hesitant individuals who will prefer thus to secure their religious consolations, even though, in so casting their lot with the religions of authority, they compromise the sovereignty of personality, debase the dignity of self-respect, and utterly surrender the right to participate in that most thrilling and inspiring of all possible human experiences: the personal quest for truth, the exhilaration of facing the perils of intellectual discovery, the determination to explore the realities of personal religious experience, the supreme satisfaction of experiencing the personal triumph of the actual realization of the victory of spiritual faith over intellectual doubt as it is honestly won in the supreme adventure of all human existence — man seeking God, for himself and as himself, and finding him."

Blah! blah! blah! The cosmic author must have been on
a roll, the night he penned this portion of sliced baloney?

Aimiel

... the supreme adventure of all human existence — man seeking God, for himself and as himself, and finding him."
I think that about sums it up... man making himself: God. It's what Satan thought when he first sinned...

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Status
Not open for further replies.