The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
(000.2) 000:3 "Each UFO being taught his own view of re-incarnation.
They made no effort to teach any form of silly truth; there was no sense
or logic in there false doctrines. They just sat around and pondered their
cosmic Consciousness and continued to spread their falsehood! They were
cool with that!

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Luke was Liberal:

(1581.3) 140:8.16 "He never taught his followers to avoid earthly possessions, only his twelve apostles. Luke, the physician, was a strong believer in social equality, and he did much to interpret Jesus’ sayings in harmony with his personal beliefs. Jesus never personally directed his followers to adopt a communal mode of life; he made no pronouncement of any sort regarding such matters."

Aimiel

When you're Christian your brethren become more important to you than yourself. It's a natural reaction from God's Spirit being inside of you driving your heart. You feel His Heart and want to do His Will. The lifestyle the early church developed was natural for Christians. It still happens today to true Christians.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
still missing it.......

still missing it.......

(000.2) 000:3 "Each UFO being taught his own view of re-incarnation.
They made no effort to teach any form of silly truth; there was no sense
or logic in there false doctrines. They just sat around and pondered their
cosmic Consciousness and continued to spread their falsehood! They were
cool with that!

You continue your ignorance. We've already covered that the UB does not mention UFOs, neither is necessarily associated with the popular concept of UFOs or 'aliens'.

We discuss Reincarnation here. The UB does not expressly teach the concept as most understand it. You have lots to learn.

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
(1673.3) 149:4.3 "On this same occasion the Master talked to the group about the desirability of possessing well-balanced characters. He recognized that it was necessary for most men to devote themselves to the mastery of some vocation, but he deplored all tendency toward overspecialization, toward becoming narrow-minded and circumscribed in life’s activities. He called attention to the fact that any virtue, if carried to extremes, may become a vice. Jesus always preached temperance and taught consistency — proportionate adjustment of life problems. He pointed out that overmuch sympathy and pity may degenerate into serious emotional instability; that enthusiasm may drive on into fanaticism. He discussed one of their former associates whose imagination had led him off into visionary and impractical undertakings. At the same time he warned them against the dangers of the dullness of overconservative mediocrity."

Caino

BANNED
Banned
(1641.6) 146:3.4 "And Jesus said to Thomas: “Your assurance that you have entered into the kingdom family of the Father, and that you will eternally survive with the children of the kingdom, is wholly a matter of personal experience — faith in the word of truth. Spiritual assurance is the equivalent of your personal religious experience in the eternal realities of divine truth and is otherwise equal to your intelligent understanding of truth realities plus your spiritual faith and minus your honest doubts.

(1642.1) 146:3.5 “The Son is naturally endowed with the life of the Father. Having been endowed with the living spirit of the Father, you are therefore sons of God. You survive your life in the material world of the flesh because you are identified with the Father’s living spirit, the gift of eternal life. Many, indeed, had this life before I came forth from the Father, and many more have received this spirit because they believed my word; but I declare that, when I return to the Father, he will send his spirit into the hearts of all men.

(1642.2) 146:3.6 “While you cannot observe the divine spirit at work in your minds, there is a practical method of discovering the degree to which you have yielded the control of your soul powers to the teaching and guidance of this indwelling spirit of the heavenly Father, and that is the degree of your love for your fellow men. This spirit of the Father partakes of the love of the Father, and as it dominates man, it unfailingly leads in the directions of divine worship and loving regard for one’s fellows. At first you believe that you are sons of God because my teaching has made you more conscious of the inner leadings of our Father’s indwelling presence; but presently the Spirit of Truth shall be poured out upon all flesh, and it will live among men and teach all men, even as I now live among you and speak to you the words of truth. And this Spirit of Truth, speaking for the spiritual endowments of your souls, will help you to know that you are the sons of God. It will unfailingly bear witness with the Father’s indwelling presence, your spirit, then dwelling in all men as it now dwells in some, telling you that you are in reality the sons of God.

(1642.3) 146:3.7 “Every earth child who follows the leading of this spirit shall eventually know the will of God, and he who surrenders to the will of my Father shall abide forever. The way from the earth life to the eternal estate has not been made plain to you, but there is a way, there always has been, and I have come to make that way new and living. He who enters the kingdom has eternal life already — he shall never perish. But much of this you will the better understand when I shall have returned to the Father and you are able to view your present experiences in retrospect.”

(1642.4) 146:3.8 And all who heard these blessed words were greatly cheered. The Jewish teachings had been confused and uncertain regarding the survival of the righteous, and it was refreshing and inspiring for Jesus’ followers to hear these very definite and positive words of assurance about the eternal survival of all true believers."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You continue your ignorance. We've already covered that the UB does not mention UFOs, neither is necessarily associated with the popular concept of UFOs or 'aliens'.

We discuss Reincarnation here. The UB does not expressly teach the concept as most understand it. You have lots to learn.

pj

Can you get me a discount ticket on the next Cosmic Adventure? I'd
like a 1st class ticket on one of your, more luxurious spacecrafts! By
the way, do they show a movie and serve up fresh roosted space peanuts?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

pj

Just because it doesn't mention it, doesn't mean it wasn't thinking about it!

Caino

BANNED
Banned
All new revelations of truth have had to contend with the frightened and closed minded of evolved religion. People born into Christianity are like people born into Islam, they both are subject to the fetish of the supposedly divine writings, and they don’t know any better. The only acceptation to this is the Bible does contain far more that is true than the Quran.

(1693.4) 151:3.14 "Jesus also resorted to the use of parables as the best possible refutation of the studied effort of the religious leaders at Jerusalem to teach that all of his work was done by the assistance of demons and the prince of devils. The appeal to nature was in contravention of such teaching since the people of that day looked upon all natural phenomena as the product of the direct act of spiritual beings and supernatural forces. He also determined upon this method of teaching because it enabled him to proclaim vital truths to those who desired to know the better way while at the same time affording his enemies less opportunity to find cause for offense and for accusations against him."

Aimiel

Jesus is rightfully called 'Master' within the narrative. Part 4
of the papers covers the entire life of Jesus and his teachings so your statement above is erroneous. See for yourself.
The 'papers' go AGAINST His teaching, whether you realize it or not. The UB speaks about Jebus, NOT Jesus. The false god described in the UB does not even exist. It is fiction, pure and simple.

Aimiel

All new revelations of truth have had to contend with the frightened and closed minded of evolved religion.
Those who know God have the fear of no man or demon. Those who aren't in a relationship with The Lord don't have enough sense to realize they need to be afraid. They're on their way to judgment and don't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting a pass.
People born into Christianity are like people born into Islam, they both are subject to the fetish of the supposedly divine writings, and they don’t know any better.
I don't know anyone 'born into' Christianity. Jesus seeks a relationship with everyone, but doesn't simply bestow Christianity upon un-believers. It takes faith. He is looking for those who trust in His Word alone.
The only acceptation to this is the Bible does contain far more that is true than the Quran.
Both the Q'uran and the UB have absolutely NO TRUTH in them. They are full of half-truths which in the light of day are equal to: Whole Lies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
soul survival

soul survival

(1641.6) 146:3.4 "And Jesus said to Thomas: “Your assurance that you have entered into the kingdom family of the Father, and that you will eternally survive with the children of the kingdom, is wholly a matter of personal experience — faith in the word of truth. Spiritual assurance is the equivalent of your personal religious experience in the eternal realities of divine truth and is otherwise equal to your intelligent understanding of truth realities plus your spiritual faith and minus your honest doubts.

(1642.1) 146:3.5 “The Son is naturally endowed with the life of the Father. Having been endowed with the living spirit of the Father, you are therefore sons of God. You survive your life in the material world of the flesh because you are identified with the Father’s living spirit, the gift of eternal life. Many, indeed, had this life before I came forth from the Father, and many more have received this spirit because they believed my word; but I declare that, when I return to the Father, he will send his spirit into the hearts of all men.

Hi Caino and all,

Here we see that a greater outpouring of the Spirit will come after Jesus returns to heaven. This universal giving is thru the Spirit of truth, and all spirit ministries serving within man and outside of Man.

(1642.2) 146:3.6 “While you cannot observe the divine spirit at work in your minds, there is a practical method of discovering the degree to which you have yielded the control of your soul powers to the teaching and guidance of this indwelling spirit of the heavenly Father, and that is the degree of your love for your fellow men. This spirit of the Father partakes of the love of the Father, and as it dominates man, it unfailingly leads in the directions of divine worship and loving regard for one’s fellows. At first you believe that you are sons of God because my teaching has made you more conscious of the inner leadings of our Father’s indwelling presence; but presently the Spirit of Truth shall be poured out upon all flesh, and it will live among men and teach all men, even as I now live among you and speak to you the words of truth. And this Spirit of Truth, speaking for the spiritual endowments of your souls, will help you to know that you are the sons of God. It will unfailingly bear witness with the Father’s indwelling presence, your spirit, then dwelling in all men as it now dwells in some, telling you that you are in reality the sons of God.

We see here both the Spirit of the Father and Son at work here, bearing witness to divine ministry. Interestingly, we see here that the indwelling spirit of the Father is identified as 'your spirit' which is also refers to an intimate association with the 'thought adjuster'. We learn later that when our souls merge or fuse with the indwelling adjuster we become 'one' with that divine spirit, one in identity....from whence we are forever 'eternalized', made immortal. This is a higher teaching, of a non-dual union of soul and spirit we may expand on later.

(1642.3) 146:3.7 “Every earth child who follows the leading of this spirit shall eventually know the will of God, and he who surrenders to the will of my Father shall abide forever. The way from the earth life to the eternal estate has not been made plain to you, but there is a way, there always has been, and I have come to make that way new and living. He who enters the kingdom has eternal life already — he shall never perish. But much of this you will the better understand when I shall have returned to the Father and you are able to view your present experiences in retrospect."

Confirmation that "he who does the will of God abides forever".

(1642.4) 146:3.8 And all who heard these blessed words were greatly cheered. The Jewish teachings had been confused and uncertain regarding the survival of the righteous, and it was refreshing and inspiring for Jesus’ followers to hear these very definite and positive words of assurance about the eternal survival of all true believers."

We note that Jewish concepts of the afterlife have been more or less vague or varied among its various branches. The concept of resurrection or rebirth being held more firmly among the Pharisees and Essenes.

As long as there is the will to do God's will...life is ensured.

pj

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.